• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

I’m in for 2 rifle match red box. Also interested in standard plus price as well. Please pm how you want payment. Thank you.

I would be down for a brick of both Rifle Match and Standard+! Thank you for the good work, @Rimdenter

I would also be down for a brick of Rifle Match or Standard +, it's like we have become .22 junkies looking to score a fix 😄

I am an FNG of course, so I’m probably all f*cked up and confused. I’ve only seen links/contact info for stores at which someone has found stock. Is that an issue if the poster is not actively benefiting from the sales or related to the store in an official capacity?

I guess I’m trying to wrap my head around how to avoid circumventing the rules with an ammo finder thread such as this? Said person would encourage the store to make their own post in the px any time they have stock (and might have no presence on the hide)? Or said person would make a px post saying something like cabelas or killoughs or xyz mom and pop ammoshop has stock call xyz number?

I’m not asking to be insolent I am just wondering how it can be accomplished above board?

Reactions: oldfatguy
I am not a fan of what is going on,

but I will let it slide, you guys are playing in a lot of the grey with these sales threads

the running threads to let non supporters post, this stuff.... it's outside the intent

Reactions: Kg33
This reads like buying and selling
I can understand how that particular post is possibly circumventing the rules.

In the past, that person has provided contact information for ammo finds in various stores. Again, FNG, I’m kind of confused- should he then post an ammo tagged post in the px rather than posting here? Or would you want cabelas or wherever to make the post themselves?

then post the source and move on

don't be all secretive

everyone smart checks places like CC anyways
I haven’t been around long, so maybe there’s more history with this, but I have witnessed this exact thing- posting the source then moving on.

Is that acceptable?

I don't get it , LOL

I will politely indulge, it reads like, he bought it and would resell it, so yes the rule would be to host this in the PX where only people who can buy and sell can use it.

I get it's providing a service of a kind, but trust me, I am not going back 21 pages, it's too easy to operate inside the post and circumvent the rules. I am sure there are more than one post here about selling.

This is how problems start, the ball gets rolling the volume takes over, nobody is paying attention the next thing we know we have a swap meet.

The exact same thing happened with Powder and Primers, guys made "where to find" or "local delivery" posts and then everyone with something to contribute posted items for sale, many whom were not supporter accounts. Running threads circumvent the rules because non supporters like you can participate

you basically turned the Rimfire section in a swap meet vs discussing the topics at hand

Reactions: BigHat and usafa77
Let me put it this way you turned an information section into a store

you guys are shopping are you not ?
Shopping? For me it is the way I find the really scarce high end 22LR ammo before it sells out very quickly, usually in minutes. So for me it is the information that has great value. And yes, ammo supply is a very big topic.

OFG

I'll let it slide

but please don't insult us by pretending our eyes are lying ...

It's really my main issue with certain members, being either intellectually dishonest or trying to insult our intelligence acting like we never saw any of this stuff before.

19 years on the internet folks, you are not gonna pee on my leg and tell me, no honestly, it's just rain. That is really what brings out Thanos if we are gonna be Frank about it.

Unfortunately most suppliers that supply the match ammo do not have online stores they supply to specific people. That can afford to buy rimfire rifles that start at $500.00 and go up to $10,000.00 , but for the safty of rules and the threads sake I'll stop posting these private sellers.

Unfortunately most suppliers that supply the match ammo do not have online stores they supply to specific people. That can afford to buy rimfire rifles that start at $500.00 and go up to $10,000.00 , but for the safty of rules and the threads sake I'll stop posting these private sellers.
Have scored Eley 10X & Match, not from private sellers, via your posts. Thank you. Please keep it going.

OFG

maybe he should just post it not hey PM me which is shady
Sad but true there are people out there while you sleep that grab up all the open post ammo then resell it on auction sites that's why you cant find any. How do I know I own a company totally off the grid from shooting, but I import from over seas, sell all over the world, have retailers all over the U.S.A. meet all of these independent people at events or shows or they buy my product. Yes I constantly fight hoarding at my online sales site from people like that and theres just not a shortage on ammo, and yes I pay a fair amount of excise taxs every quarter to support the National Shooting,Hunting and Fishing foundations. A large portion of that money is used for wildlife and fishery restocking as well. I mainly do this out of kindness because of all the contacts I have, but I'll tell you this Jesus said, those that dont want to here the truth, dust off your clothes and leave them.

Sad but true there are people out there while you sleep that grab up all the open post ammo then resell it on auction sites that's why you cant find any. How do I know I own a company totally off the grid from shooting, but I import from over seas, sell all over the world, have retailers all over the U.S.A. meet all of these independent people at events or shows or they buy my product. Yes I constantly fight hoarding at my online sales site from people like that and theres just not a shortage on ammo, and yes I pay a fair amount of excise taxs every quarter to support the National Shooting,Hunting and Fishing foundations. A large portion of that money is used for wildlife and fishery restocking as well. I mainly do this out of kindness because of all the contacts I have, but I'll tell you this Jesus said, those that dont want to here the truth, dust off your clothes and leave them.
Be a commercial supporter on here and sell ammo to the good guys in the PX

I kind of like Powder Valley's stance they've taken on those trying to game the system.
They canceled $20,000 worth of orders from those trying to get more than their fair share.
The truth is money shouldn't get you more access to the sport you love just as much as the next guy.
So that's why we need real limits until things clear up a bit...
Sad that we need limits but we've all seen the Jerks buying up all of the ammo when you were just trying to get what you need.
Some are only about profit margins...
Thanks @Rimdenter for the help finding some of these unknown good guys in the shooting community.
I also get @lowlight 's point that we all have to abide by the rules, it is his site after all.

Hopefully things will get better, but as for this thread, I think it can be used in the right way, so that it doesn't violate the rules, yet helps shooters in need.

What makes someone a good guy? A lot of people on here have been helped out by his posts. I do understand how as of late they have gone more towards something that should be on px but I wouldn’t classify people on here as “good guys vs bad guys”.

What makes someone a good guy? A lot of people on here have been helped out by his posts. I do understand how as of late they have gone more towards something that should be on px but I wouldn’t classify people on here as “good guys vs bad guys”.
Good guys being longtime hide members versus random douches who snag ammo to turn a profit on gunbroker

Has that happened on this thread? I have appreciated the help even though I have yet to get any ammo from it.

Lets see if I have the intent correct.

Last week I purchased 200 small pistol primers one day and 2 boxes of 6.5g hornady blk box the next.

That was the per day 2pc limit at Academy. The prices were above normal but not at scab resale levels at all.

A couple of weeks before I got 2400 rounds of 22lr at the same store for I think 7 cents / round
And my son bought 1500 rounds of 223 there.
There were other ammo available sporadically but I didn't need it.

None will be sold and except for some of the 223 bartered for reloading supplies my family will shoot that all up shortly.

Point is ammo is trickling out of the big box stores now and measures to make it dificult for resellers are slowly working.

The hoarding resellers can always will it to thier great grandchildren.

"Speaking Frankly" lol good one.

Getting back on topic:

I can confirm that my LGS is not where to buy ammo right now. NW WA, and I can get 800pk Federal Blah ammo or Norma 22TAC at $120/brick.

It does look like supply is inching back towards demand, seeing ammo, powder and bullets (other than 147 ELDMs) pop up pretty regularly nowadays. Obv Rimfire doesn't care, but primers are still unicorns.

Reactions: racer95

Eley Match Biathlon 513 left at this time on Killough.

Ammoseek doesn't pick up 10% of what's out there.

Also, post a MF'n link to the ammo.
Google searching for your BS hole in the wall store is a Pita.

"Jerry's Boots & Bang stuffs has bricks of Federal something or other! Go get it boys!"

Ammoseek doesn't pick up 10% of what's out there.

Also, post a MF'n link to the ammo.
Google searching for your BS hole in the wall store is a Pita.

"Jerry's Boots & Bang stuffs has bricks of Federal something or other! Go get it boys!"
I cant agree more

not that big of a deal to copy and paste into the browser to find the location. I appreciate anyone who bothers to post they find ammo. Give me the store name and i'll find it in a nano second of just clicking on the link

Reactions: Appalachian