• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

Ammo goes fast, but the good thing is it is in stock more often now.
To me that's a good sign of things to come, may be a while but things are definitely improving.
Yeah I'm noticing ammo becoming available more frequently now. Some LGS have ample stock of even 5.56 and 7.62. Just need the prices to start coming down...

Reactions: nikonNUT and RS14
I ordered form Midsouth on 4.7 still no shipping notice. When they say 7-10 days they mean it. Midway shipped next day about the same time... just don’t be in hurry

I ordered form Midsouth on 4.7 still no shipping notice. When they say 7-10 days they mean it. Midway shipped next day about the same time... just don’t be in hurry
I hear that. Just gotta ask oneself if the approx. 15% upcharge (Ammofast) is worth it to have it go out the next day.
P.S. Not hating on either place. They're my heroes right now!

Last edited:
Reactions: bassmaster07
I ordered 20 right before I posted that. Sorry, maybe I got the last.

Dave
I tried to order 20 when I seen your post. Said out of stop when placing order. But shows still in stock. Then I delete order. Tried 10, wouldn't let me, said out of stock, bust shows still in stock. So I tried 5. Still out bust shows in stock. Something screwy. Then tried this morning and same BS.

I tried to order 20 when I seen your post. Said out of stop when placing order. But shows still in stock. Then I delete order. Tried 10, wouldn't let me, said out of stock, bust shows still in stock. So I tried 5. Still out bust shows in stock. Something screwy. Then tried this morning and same BS.
Well I can get 1 to go threw. After tax,shipping it $24 a box. Thats a nope

I don't know what was gong on with Midsouth. I managed to get 2 bricks with no drama but it took 20 minutes to get the confirmation e-mail so they were proabably hammered They show OOS now but in stock at 5:00 this morning. Also grabbed a brick of CCI SV of the website early this morning!

An cautionary tale on Midsouth. Once I had a similar 'hangup during checkout, so hit it again, and got a double order. A quick phone call fixed it, but be on the lookout.

Of course in today's world, if it doubles your ammo order it may be a sign

Dave

An cautionary tale on Midsouth. Once I had a similar 'hangup during checkout, so hit it again, and got a double order. A quick phone call fixed it, but be on the lookout.

Of course in today's world, if it doubles your ammo order it may be a sign

I never made it to the next page to inter my card info. Good idea to check

Test center is the only slam dunk. Anywhere else you have to be in the right place at the right time. Pretty much have to luck into center x.
This! Am thnking about a trip to Mesa this summer. Get the CZ tested and it's a short drive for the girlfriend. :)

Test center is the only slam dunk. Anywhere else you have to be in the right place at the right time. Pretty much have to luck into center x.
How do you get the reservation? Email?, Call? I emailed the Ohio test center and never got a response. I'm positive that they're inundated with emails and calls. I'm not upset for not replying but I'd like to get on the list.

How do you get the reservation? Email?, Call? I emailed the Ohio test center and never got a response. I'm positive that they're inundated with emails and calls. I'm not upset for not replying but I'd like to get on the list.
Google “lapua performance center” and it will lead you to the website. Follow the prompts to schedule.

I was just at the Ohio Lapua test center last week. They are not making new appointments until they get more ammo in stock AFAIK. I would recommend it though. Luke is a knowledgeable guy who doesn’t seem to be annoyed by a million questions. We tested ten lots of ammo through my rifle. I bought a case of what shot best at 50 meters and almost a case of what shot best at 100. There wasn’t a whole case of that lot left. I went ahead and scheduled another appointment for September for another rifle.
121F3CC6-279B-4C04-88A0-423CAC93CE05.jpeg

Last edited:
I was just at the Ohio Lapua test center last week. They are not making new appointments until they get more ammo in stock AFAIK. I would recommend it though. Luke is a knowledgeable guy who doesn’t seem to be annoyed by a million questions. We tested ten lots of ammo through my rifle. I bought a case of what shot best at 50 meters and almost a case of what shot best at 100. There wasn’t a whole case of that lot left. I went ahead and scheduled another appointment for September for another rifle.
View attachment 7609402
Interesting, I didn’t think they would test a certain lot if there wasn’t enough to fulfill the minimum order.

Interesting, I didn’t think they would test a certain lot if there wasn’t enough to fulfill the minimum order.
That’s what I had heard to, but I guess desperate times call for desperate measures. It was a whole case before he tested out of it though. Also I did buy a whole other case so the minimum was already met.

Last edited:
Cci has sv in stock. Around 50 shipped for a brick
Looks to be gone now, but that’s like the fifth time it’s been in stock this week. Most LGS’s are telling me they aren’t bothering to try to restock it, makes me wonder if CCI is just focusing on moving SV through their website for now?

Reactions: nikonNUT
Was able to get some from CCI-ammo this morning. I will be checking on the regular to see how often they offer. Will report back

;( I missed it! Great Practice ammo.

Anything else out there at the moment? Center-X, SK, RWS, eley Match / Tenex?
As was posted the other day. Subscribe to this thread. Check it often. Be ready to buy. Ammo is selling out in 2min-2hours, in some cases like ammo fast they had it longer.

Reactions: ercmilla
View attachment 7609402

They don't have a jig for CZ action??!!

That doesn't look inspiring squishing a stock in a vice like that.

They don't have a jig for CZ action??!!

That doesn't look inspiring squishing a stock in a vice like that.
They do. Perhaps he wanted his rifle tested in the stock with the action torqued. Lapau offers in stock testing if you prefer it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Appalachian
Last edited: