• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

I'm out of the loop. What did midway do ?
Price gouging…it’s one thing if a mom and pop shop has to buy ammo at normal prices and mark it up just to have something to fill their shelves but midway isn’t in that position. They gouge because they can. Most places are doing the same but midway is on the high side of expensive.

^^^^^^^ Yes, please.
If you know of available ammo, post it, and thank you.
The rest of us Hider's will go take a look and decide (To ourselves in private) whether to buy or not. Too high, junk, crap, gouging, that's for another thread.
Thank You

Ah I see. I didn't know midway had done that. I know cheaper than dirt was bad about it during the rona. Know a guy that paid $145 for a box of 7mm mag hornady precision hunter.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry for the derail.

www.creedmoorsports.com

Lapua Center-X​

Buy 10 or more for $12.45 each
Buy 100 or more for $12.25 each

Lapua Midas Plus​

Buy 10 or more for $18.05 each
Buy 100 or more for $17.75 each

I went to the above site ^^^^ to order a brick. Their shipping charge was outrageous, cancelled my order quickly.

Scam? Seems like one, nobody's gotta sell 22LR ammo at almost 50% off these days. All the decent stuff online sells out quick at MSRP or higher.

There’s a thread going in another section where guys have received there order promptly so I don’t believe it’s a scam.

Reactions: KnowNothing256

Scam? Seems like one, nobody's gotta sell 22LR ammo at almost 50% off these days. All the decent stuff online sells out quick at MSRP or higher.
Doubt it's a scam. I've seen their stuff on Reddit. For the past year.

I will say they are a newer company and their business reviews are not very favorable. Lots of pissed off people and poor customer service. Lots of people with good success too.

I've ordered 3 times this year from ammo shop online. The ammo prices were significantly less, but the shipping costs sucked, however they've gotten better over time. What I did was play around with the order quantities versus shipping cost increase (you get to a certain threshold and the shipping cost jumps significantly). Combined with flash sales and discount codes, the deals ended up being good. They shipped promptly with zero issues. They seem to have alot of Norma ammo. YMMV, but they are not a scam. And I am a very skeptical person as well, for what that's worth.

An example of playing around with ammoshoponline's shipping costs:

Shipping costs for the RWS ammo:
10 boxes = $15.19
20 boxes = $16.77
40 boxes = $22.98
41 boxes = $29.66
50 boxes = $29.66
92 boxes = $43.08
93 boxes = $74.86
100 boxes = $75.19

So as you can see, you have to play around with the quantity to find that sweet spot where additional boxes have minimal impact on shipping cost increase, up to a certain threshold. Buying 1 box isn't going to get you a good deal overall, but buying 40 boxes might.

I hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
For what its worth.
I have ordered from them multiple times before. Several others have also tracked their purchases on this thread. For me, each time, the order came in.

Some of their .223 packaging broke apart during transport but it was the cheap box construction of the ammunition and not the fault of Ammoshop.

They did start to implement a flat shipping charge at some point this year right before you checkout so be cautious of that.

Reactions: KnowNothing256
Well Panther can give us a report when his brick shows up.
I will. They’ve already sent an “order complete” email with the tracking number, and Fedex Ground recognizes the label , “awaiting package”. Presuming it gets picked up today, I should have it Thurs or Friday. I actually ordered an extra single box (brick +1 as 11 boxes of 50 rounds) just to see if the lot numbers all match.

Thank you I have been trying to get some long range for a while
I'm actually having luck with the emails at this point. Sign up for all of the sk ammo notifications, their system isn't that good. But I officially turned my distill off, hopefully the avaliablity continues to improve

Dang it it’s gone
What the heck, this must be the first time in the entire history of firearms ownership where it is actually better to be in the UK than the United States. Plenty of ammo here. Picked up a brick of RWS R100 recently; plenty of everything in stock.

Reactions: Appalachian
Ah I see. I didn't know midway had done that. I know cheaper than dirt was bad about it during the rona. Know a guy that paid $145 for a box of 7mm mag hornady precision hunter.

Anyway, back on topic. Sorry for the derail.
Does he need any more? I think I have a full box around here somewhere. :p

Reactions: XP1K
Brownells has a few flavors of .22 in stock today. I didn't look too deep but did see SK Standard +.

Direct from CCI shipped to my door. Arrived today no scabs or ammo whores involved.

20210715_133532.jpg