• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which action in 2024?

Integrated lug, integrated rail, ‘on the shelf’ availability of shouldered prefits, and stock/chassis compatibility are the most important “features” for me. Lone Peak Fuzion would be my choice if buying today. Maybe a Terminus Zeus if there was one stocked, but I wouldn’t preorder, and I’m biased to have had good experiences with Lone Peaks.

Impacts are very popular, and I’m on the edge of grabbing one, but I prefer not to have trigger hangers. I have a Ruckus that’s been good, but I wouldn’t buy post Defiance buy-out. I’m sure Kelbly, Bat, etc are good, but I want to be able to hop on the internets and buy a prefit from whoever I want.

Depending on what features you want, there’s likely at least a couple actions to chose from that will be good.

LP Fuzion is an excellent choice for a modern pushfeed, 90* action that accepts prefits.

Reactions: Secant
Integrated lug, integrated rail, ‘on the shelf’ availability of shouldered prefits, and stock/chassis compatibility are the most important “features” for me. Lone Peak Fuzion would be my choice if buying today. Maybe a Terminus Zeus if there was one stocked, but I wouldn’t preorder, and I’m biased to have had good experiences with Lone Peaks.

Impacts are very popular, and I’m on the edge of grabbing one, but I prefer not to have trigger hangers. I have a Ruckus that’s been good, but I wouldn’t buy post Defiance buy-out. I’m sure Kelbly, Bat, etc are good, but I want to be able to hop on the internets and buy a prefit from whoever I want.

Depending on what features you want, there’s likely at least a couple actions to chose from that will be good.

If you love your Fuzion, just get another one. After having both the LP and the 737 side by side… pretty easy choice.

Reactions: Secant and kthomas
I was looking for the smoothest available and all the advice steered me towards the Impact and the Fuzion

Fuzion is the smoothest action I’ve ever run personally. But Impact I guess is close.

Reactions: kthomas
Just looked up the Hammerhead - that looks like a real intriguing option going forward, once its released.
I think they are available on back order from unknownmunitions.com

Only available in short action right hand for now.

Reactions: Lwood and kthomas
The BAT igniter looks interesting. And I've always wanted to try their Model TR.
i’ve had 1 bat tv and 2 newer bat tr s. and still have one tr. they are great actions. you won’t find a repeater action that is as smooth right outa the box u less you buy a borden.

i want to try out one of the new bat hammerhead “competition” actions.

Imo the CDG is the best action for the money out there. Everyone I know running them In comps has nothing but great things to say. It's also $4-500 less than the other flagship actions.

I got a bunch of impacts and no reason to switch but if I was starting fresh the CDG would get a serious look.

Imo the CDG is the best action for the money out there. Everyone I know running them In comps has nothing but great things to say. It's also $4-500 less than the other flagship actions.

I got a bunch of impacts and no reason to switch but if I was starting fresh the CDG would get a serious look.

CDG packs in a rich feature set for the price.

It should definitely be worth a strong consideration for anyone looking to get into a new action, especially if they are looking for value.

ARC CDG looks to be a great action, and it comes in at an amazing price point. Never tried one so I can't speak to anything outside of specs on paper and ARC's reputation.

I only shoot PRS for what it's worth.

I run all Impact 737r's. I swapped from a TL3. I don't care for Bighorn's offerings. Their DLC coating wore off super quick, the TL3 had to be run in a very specific manner to be smooth in my opinion, and the extractor failed on mine and a buddy's after ~1500 rounds.

Impacts are the smoothest 90° action I've run (after they're broken in), and they just plain run. They were designed to run smooth in the Oklahoma moon dust and I can confirm they do as long as your mags work (don't bring ARC mags to a match in OK). Lone Peak Fuzions are pretty similar, but the bolt feels a little tighter in the action.

20230305_160520.jpg

20230307_152412.jpg
20230307_152401.jpg
20230307_151010.jpg

I’ve had a TL3, Stiller, and an Origin

I got to fingerfuck and run both a LA and SA Impact and if I was building a game gun, that’s what I’m getting next

Which is gonna happen if cards play out this year

I think I have decided on the tl3. Talking with some people, most of the consensus is that the tl3 is a bit smoother of an action than the origin.

My next question.. is anyone still running a 6.5 creedmoor? I was debating on a 6.5 creed vs 6.5 prc and I don't currently reload. The price if the creed is quite a bit cheaper currently.

I think I have decided on the tl3. Talking with some people, most of the consensus is that the tl3 is a bit smoother of an action than the origin.

My next question.. is anyone still running a 6.5 creedmoor? I was debating on a 6.5 creed vs 6.5 prc and I don't currently reload. The price if the creed is quite a bit cheaper currently.
Comparing velocities of factory 140gr ammo between 6.5CM and 6.5 PRC... The 6.5 PRC is extremely UNDERwhelming considering the significantly decreased barrel life and powder consumption over the CM. Most of the velocity difference can be made up using powder like StaBall 6.5.

Comparing velocities of factory 140gr ammo between 6.5CM and 6.5 PRC... The 6.5 PRC is extremely UNDERwhelming considering the significantly decreased barrel life and powder consumption over the CM. Most of the velocity difference can be made up using powder like StaBall 6.5.
I will be using factory ammo. I can not reload currently and probably be years before I can.

Those hammerheads look sweet but damn they better be for that $. How much better than a fuzion for $1400 can they be?

ARC CDG looks to be a great action, and it comes in at an amazing price point. Never tried one so I can't speak to anything outside of specs on paper and ARC's reputation.

I only shoot PRS for what it's worth.

I run all Impact 737r's. I swapped from a TL3. I don't care for Bighorn's offerings. Their DLC coating wore off super quick, the TL3 had to be run in a very specific manner to be smooth in my opinion, and the extractor failed on mine and a buddy's after ~1500 rounds.

Impacts are the smoothest 90° action I've run (after they're broken in), and they just plain run. They were designed to run smooth in the Oklahoma moon dust and I can confirm they do as long as your mags work (don't bring ARC mags to a match in OK). Lone Peak Fuzions are pretty similar, but the bolt feels a little tighter in the action.

View attachment 8341978
View attachment 8341979View attachment 8341980View attachment 8341981
When you leave a 2 day match in western Oklahoma, you always take a lil bit of our special dust home with you. This is exactly why Tate and Wade designed this action the way they did. There is a reason they have and do dominate the PRS year after year.

When you leave a 2 day match in western Oklahoma, you always take a lil bit of our special dust home with you. This is exactly why Tate and Wade designed this action the way they did. There is a reason they have and do dominate the PRS year after year.

There's more than a few actions that can handle Oklahoma moon dust more than adequately.

Good choice. I really like my 2 TL3s. Have the .223, 6mmARC and .308 bolt faces to run a bunch of calibers in them.

And yes there are still a bunch of people running the 6.5 Creedmoor. I would definitely go with it over the PRC. Ammo will be cheaper and the 140 ELD-Ms will do everything you need. Here's my TL3 6.5 Creedmoor match rifle.

IMG_3351.jpg

There's also a few that get completely screwed by it. *cough* *cough* defiance tenacity *cough* *cough*

Defiance certainly wouldn't be my choice if I was regularly in those conditions, though some say you can spec a Defiance to handle it.

LP Fuzion, Impact, ARC Mausingfield and others can eat up a lot of debris without difficulty.

Defiance certainly wouldn't be my choice if I was regularly in those conditions, though some say you can spec a Defiance to handle it.

LP Fuzion, Impact, ARC Mausingfield and others can eat up a lot of debris without difficulty.
Some people have Defiances that have enough clearance, and they seem to work great. I think you have to ask for it when it's made though, and know what you're asking for, which... who's going to do that with their lead times? 3/4 of the Defiances I've messed with in Utah felt like someone had wrapped the bolt in duct tape and gummed up the raceways.

Ok put deposit down. Here is my build specs I am going with.

Tl3 action with Bartlein barrel 24" m24 profile with surefire socom mb.

6.5 creedmoor

Manners t4a team elite high plains with gen 2 mini chassis atlas rail

Trigger tech rem 700

Atacr 7×35 mil xt fde

Barrel, action rings will all match the stock.

Pelican or storm case with cut foam.

Looks good. What will the rifle be used for? I only as as you can get some free velocity with factory ammo with a little longer barrel. The one in the pic above is 28" but if you needed shorter then it will work also.

Looks good. What will the rifle be used for? I only as as you can get some free velocity with factory ammo with a little longer barrel. The one in the pic above is 28" but if you needed shorter then it will work also.
It's my training rifle. I don't want to go over 24" barrel. It will be drug in a bag through the woods and brush and through buildings as well as other positions. Targets probably out to 1500 meters on rare occasions. If I get into prs it will be used for that as well.

Reactions: Rob01
Was just asking to see. Good thing is you can always just order a different barrel down the road if you wanted it. LOL Altus putting it together for you?

Was just asking to see. Good thing is you can always just order a different barrel down the road if you wanted it. LOL Altus putting it together for you?
Yep. Altus will be putting it together for me. If I were setup I could do it myself. This way it's less for me to worry about and the price is really fair.

With the number of great builds slightly used on the market today I have no idea why most would build a rifle. Buy one at 50% of what the build cost and shoot it. Very few guys " doing their first new build" know what they actually will like anyway.
50% may be a stretch. I agree though that there are some impressive builds for sale in the px.
Sometimes you just have to build your own though.

Reactions: rothgyr
Yep. Altus will be putting it together for me. If I were setup I could do it myself. This way it's less for me to worry about and the price is really fair.

Well if you get a new barrel or want to change calibers down the road just let me know and I can help out as I have the tools to swap them and only about an hour down the road from you.

ETA Oops my bad. I saw your location and thought Asheboro and not Asheville so I am actually 4 hours east so would be cheaper to just buy a barrel vise and action wrench and do it yourself. LOL

Well if you get a new barrel or want to change calibers down the road just let me know and I can help out as I have the tools to swap them and only about an hour down the road from you.

ETA Oops my bad. I saw your location and thought Asheboro and not Asheville so I am actually 4 hours east so would be cheaper to just buy a barrel vise and action wrench and do it yourself. LOL
I go to Clayton several times a year. Travel us not an issue. I might be moving to Johnson City TN soon or somewhere else in NC. My status here has changed. I might need to move back closer to Bragg (Liberty ,it will always be Bragg to us.) as my trips there might increase.. I was just there for two months and just got back to Asheville on Wednesday.

I go to Clayton several times a year. Travel us not an issue. I might be moving to Johnson City TN soon or somewhere else in NC. My status here has changed. I might need to move back closer to Bragg (Liberty ,it will always be Bragg to us.) as my trips there might increase.. I was just there for two months and just got back to Asheville on Wednesday.

Well that would make it easier as Bragg is only about 45 minutes away. LOL If near the offer is there.

Well that would make it easier as Bragg is only about 45 minutes away. LOL If near the offer is there.
Crap I just drove by you two months ago on my way to visit Daughter in Virginia. I ate at great Italian place in Fayetteville. Next time dinner on me Rob

Reactions: Milf Dots
Crap I just drove by you two months ago on my way to visit Daughter in Virginia. I ate at great Italian place in Fayetteville. Next time dinner on me Rob

Yeah let me know. I am only about 20 min off 95 but a little north of Bragg but definitely more places to eat down there. Just let me know next trip up.

You nailed it
My friend opened the original down on Ramsey next to Methodist College back around 2001 or 2002. He was a nurse in the Army and originated from NY. Guess he branched out to a second location later. It great food. I love his Pizza. Before that I always had Brooklyn pizza and this little Italian joint down on Yadkin that is not there anymore. Man that place has changed over the years.

I'm 1 week down of my time washington state mandatory ffl transfer for the Bat machine hammerhead.. I played around with it when doing my paperwork and man that thing is a work of art! Can't wait to get it and get my build done!

I'm 1 week down of my time washington state mandatory ffl transfer for the Bat machine hammerhead.. I played around with it when doing my paperwork and man that thing is a work of art! Can't wait to get it and get my build done!
I just put an Impact into WA state imposed purgatory, so annoying!

Reactions: NFshooter150
Impact, lone peak or kelbly for 90 degree,

Terminus, ks arms for 60 degree.

I will be running an ultimatum deadline gen 2 in an mdt elite and an impact 737r in a Vision Pro chassis this year

I’ve seen a few buddies talk about the Hammerhead. Looks cool, but I’m struggling to find a what makes it $1800?
Paying for that Bat machine quality. Personally I've never had a bat but I've heard so many good things and I wanted a good custom action, I looked at the hammerhead the tr defiance and the hammerhead with the 75° 2 lug and the shorter bolt stop for br variants just really sold me.

I don't know, sounds like completely sensible gun control. I mean, have you considered that rifles are almost as deadly as blunt objects. And I'm sure bolt guns are a large majority of the "rifle" categorization.

1709581047103.png

• Haha
Man it really is.. if you read that stupid law it's called a "cooling off" period.. it should applied be applied to fully completed firearms if anything.
Guess they are afraid you will either use it as a part of a hammer or throw it at someone after walking out of the store. Yeah that's what we get for letting Idiots create laws.

Anyone ever have any experience with the Falkor LW7? Doesn’t seem to get much coverage on the forum, but seems like a good non-titanium lightweight action that’ll work with prefits and everything.

Is there any benefit of a tl3 over an origin?
Advantages: ability to run aw mags, straight bolt handle, integral recoil lug.

Disadvantages: less pin fall than origin, can only run tl3 barrels, whereas original can use origin and tl3 barrels with hunts recoil lug. Can only run dbm, due to aw cut, no bdl will function with this.

My first origin would only run with binder plate mags, I had to notch and recontour the feed ramp on that one, but the two newer origins Ive gotten have worked fine with ARC aics mags. These allow 2.97 coal to be loaded. I'm beginning to really like aw mags and actions cut to run them are quite handy. I've been thinking about sending an origin to LRI to have cut to AW spec.