• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which AR to buy?

Despite the PSA hate from people looking to justify the $$$$$ they spent on an AR, the fact is they are perfectly serviceable tools.

No need to justify, I spent far more on far less practical things

When it comes to a JP vs one of the budget ARs

The whole “gun locked up in evidence” thing is vastly overblown.

Mine was in evidence for 8 months.

1st, it wasn’t my only AR.

2nd, it was a great excuse to build another.

3rd, the lawyer bill made me forget all about the AR.

Reactions: TurboTrout
The whole “gun locked up in evidence” thing is vastly overblown.

Mine was in evidence for 8 months.

1st, it wasn’t my only AR.

2nd, it was a great excuse to build another.

3rd, the lawyer bill made me forget all about the AR.
Good for you but ...

1: Some people only have one.

2: Some people can't afford to build another

3: Lawyer bill just compounds the issue

Some jurisdictions you will be lucky to get the weapon back at all.

I can prove with numbers that anyone who claims any involvement in any form of precision rifle shooting (snipers hide) can afford a couple quality ARs if priorities are in line.

Certainly their choice not to 🤷‍♂️

I can prove with numbers that anyone who claims any involvement in any form of precision rifle shooting (snipers hide) can afford a couple quality ARs if priorities are in line.

Certainly their choice not to 🤷‍♂️
The world is a lot bigger than "Sniper's Hide".

Sure, but the only people affected by this conversation are on Snipershide, so my comments are 100% relevant to them.

People having a similar discussion on HiPointforums.com may benefit from different advice 🤷‍♂️

when-my-gf-dumped-me-but-she-want-us-to-be-friends-with-benefits-why-not.gif

Geissele is running there 20% off again till Sunday night, just fyi. I’m sitting on the fence between them and a Jp-15pro. Guess I better hurry and make a decision.

Couple thoughts:
JP is great stuff. Handguard is… JP. Pro is heavy.
IMO Geisselle is… ok. Doesn’t stand out
Take a quick look at ADM. great components, ambi and light. Link below
ADM UIC

I won’t ask why, but I was leaning JP. Thanks for the nudge.

Geissele is a nice rifle at a certain price point. It is a very good rifle but...black oxide barrel is kind of gay (I had mine blasted, parked and coated). With the Geissele you'll get a good barrel, great trigger, sopmod stock and a well gassed system.

I've always wanted a JP and have heard nothing but good things. Whether or not a JP is worth it...idk...but I want to find out.

Good for you but ...

1: Some people only have one.

2: Some people can't afford to build another

3: Lawyer bill just compounds the issue

Some jurisdictions you will be lucky to get the weapon back at all.

Considering that PSA has made AR's available to the drifting hobo class with their daily deals there is really no reason for somebody to spare laying around.

Interesting, I’ve had very good results with my CTR with a 18” med contour
I did not say that it was bad just that the Noveske was better. I still shoot both. Two of my best but I only have one of each. Not a scientific study of either. Likely someone else would have the opposite results. I would say that both are better than most others. While they would both likely hold up well, neither is my behind the seat truck gun but that gun is rarely used for any long shots.

Personally I’d say go with Bcm and put the money you save in to Ammo and accessories, or another rifle. One is none two is one.

Considering that PSA has made AR's available to the drifting hobo class with their daily deals there is really no reason for somebody to spare laying around.
Yet for some of us "poors" spending $2-3K on an AR can mean it is their only AR.

And even for the well heeled, would you rather your $3K rifle or the $500 PSA was sitting in the police evidence locker getting finger banged by every cop in the precinct?

Does anyone really believe the bad guy will be impressed and think more of you for shooting him with a KAC instead of a PSA?

A friend's Psa brand new upper 100% dog$hi+ pulled charging handle twice to show him how to charge and clear

Reactions: GUNNER10
Colt LE6920 LE6940 and Defense Model , I have own total like 4 in years , I like Shooting it's good and nice AR15 ,before cost me $900 $1000 or new $1100-$1200+ , when I sell or trade people like it very much to do it , but at this time if you like to find one get one in very good condition or like new ? I think is cost maybe maybe $1400+ to $1600 asking price ( I didn't do any research this moment ~~for price ) , maybe the Price will go down ~~~

d6f16ab8-0268-4dd6-a788-4d81e27a8b0b-jpeg.7738417

this brand new good looking good or High quality AR ??? $1600+ to $1800+ ??? price too Hight ??? over Price ???
( I just use this one for comparison)

Some Colt AR15 I have before ( now is all gone ) :LOL::ROFLMAO::sick:

View attachment 7739283

View attachment 7739284

View attachment 7739285

Colt AR15 I have is 2-+ years a go I think I only paid $750-$800 with some ammo and mags and carry bag ( the Botton ) No scope

View attachment 7739291
Victoria FTW!

Rock River Arms makes these locally so I shot a few and then bought one back a few years ago. Very nice gun, solid, 1 MOA right-out-the-box. I'd recommend them for a nice, accurate gun that won't break the bank.

BB2570.jpg

VooDoo

A friend's Psa brand new upper 100% dog$hi+ pulled charging handle twice to show him how to charge and clear
So he contacted PSA and they shipped him a new charging handle for free and/or he could spend $60ish to buy an after market one.

Either way he is into the rifle for a third to a fifth of what some of these rifles being spoken about cost.

So he contacted PSA and they shipped him a new charging handle for free and/or he could spend $60ish to buy an after market one.

Either way he is into the rifle for a third to a fifth of what some of these rifles being spoken about cost.
Or he is dead for being cheap

Reactions: Jack's Dad
Yet for some of us "poors" spending $2-3K on an AR can mean it is their only AR.

And even for the well heeled, would you rather your $3K rifle or the $500 PSA was sitting in the police evidence locker getting finger banged by every cop in the precinct?

Does anyone really believe the bad guy will be impressed and think more of you for shooting him with a KAC instead of a PSA?

I don't know, Just this argument has never really registered with me, one could make similar argument for not shooting their only rifles since there is a chance that a bad round can blow up the rifle. These things are tools, and altering usage based on a parade on imaginary horrible s is a little silly.

Last edited:
You could build one to the spec’s you want as well. Use quality parts and you should be good.

As fas as PSA. I have a few buddies that buy them because they are cheap. Always fixing something or making an excuse. Always hear they are just as good as everything else….sure they are!

Last edited:
Reactions: RUTGERS95
You could build one to the spec’s you want as well. Use quality parts and you should be good.

As fas as PSA. I have a few buddies that buy them because they are cheap. Always fixing something or making an excuse. Always hear they are just as goos as everything else….sure they area!
Friends don't let Friends buy PSA lol

Reactions: NormanChang
I don't know, Just this argument has never really registered with me, one could make similar argument for not shooting their only rifles since there is a chance that a bad round can blow up the rifle. These things are tools, and altering usage based on a parade on imaginary horrible s is a little silly.
It wouldn't be a similar argument at all and who said anything about altering usage or not shooting a rifle?

I merely pointed out that the home invader won't care whether he was shot with a KAC or a PSA. He will be equally dead in either case and BOTH rifles WILL get the job done..

It is not unreasonable to think that the rifle you bought for self/home defense might ACTUALLY be used for that purpose at some time. And that the logical extension of that is that said rifle WILL end up in an evidence locker. Which depending on where you live, might not be a very gun friendly affair and possibly result in the destruction of said gun.

Yes "tools" and just like a $5 hammer from Harbor Freight will drive nails as well as a $30 one from Sears. There is some validity to the argument the Sears hammer might last longer but opting for the $200 imported hammer from a specialty tool store is simply showing off. Especially when the person buying the $200 hammer isn't using it on a daily basis building houses.

I spent 17 years in the Marines experiencing the lowest bidder rifles getting the job done, one of mine was made by the Hydromatic Division of GM (not even a weapons company) so not sold at all on the "need" (though I understand the "want") for such high end ARs.

It wouldn't be a similar argument at all and who said anything about altering usage or not shooting a rifle?

I merely pointed out that the home invader won't care whether he was shot with a KAC or a PSA. He will be equally dead in either case and BOTH rifles WILL get the job done..

It is not unreasonable to think that the rifle you bought for self/home defense might ACTUALLY be used for that purpose at some time. And that the logical extension of that is that said rifle WILL end up in an evidence locker. Which depending on where you live, might not be a very gun friendly affair and possibly result in the destruction of said gun.

Yes "tools" and just like a $5 hammer from Harbor Freight will drive nails as well as a $30 one from Sears. There is some validity to the argument the Sears hammer might last longer but opting for the $200 imported hammer from a specialty tool store is simply showing off. Especially when the person buying the $200 hammer isn't using it on a daily basis building houses.

I spent 17 years in the Marines experiencing the lowest bidder rifles getting the job done, one of mine was made by the Hydromatic Division of GM (not even a weapons company) so not sold at all on the "need" (though I understand the "want") for such high end ARs.
Our Sheriff Dept had some nam era M16’s. Stamped GM Motor Company on the side

Noveske
Radian Model 1
American Defense Manufacturing UIC mod 2
LMT MARS
KAC SR15
HODGE
ZEV
Hey I recently acquired a few more dealers and have been able to look into the noveske and radian models. With them both being near the same price point would you recommend noveske over radian?

Yep, hands-down you won't beat an LWRC in precision and quality. They are hand-built and hand-fitted rifles.
I managed to get in with a few more wholesalers and now can have the option in a Barrett rec7, noveske, geissele, radian and some of thr lwrc’s still recommend lwrc over them?

Hey I recently acquired a few more dealers and have been able to look into the noveske and radian models. With them both being near the same price point would you recommend noveske over radian?
I’ll take this one on since I have all of them involved here. I do consider the Radians upper and lower a cut above the Noveske. Especially the features on the Radian. I shoot mine a LOT.

I like Noveskes barrels and BcGs a lot. I would get the Noveske as the defensive rifle IMHO, and the Radian as something I would tinker with. If you don’t want to tinker then get the Noveske.

Reactions: pewpew300WM
I’ll take this one on since I have all of them involved here. I do consider the Radians upper and lower a cut above the Noveske. Especially the features on the Radian. I shoot mine a LOT.

I like Noveskes barrels and BcGs a lot. I would get the Noveske as the defensive rifle IMHO, and the Radian as something I would tinker with. If you don’t want to tinker then get the Noveske.
To be completely honest I work almost every day and get little time to shoot anymore unless it’s for work. As much as I’d like to get into competitions the time isn’t there. If anything my LE buddies and myself would do small competitions between each other. I just want quality over quantity and with the price points being very similar I was partial to the radian as a fellow buddy has their lower setup and it’s great. However, I’ve never handled a noveske to know what I’m dealing with. I do appreciate the response for sure.

I have 2 noveskes and 2 radians. I have a 3rd lower from Radian.

Fit and finish on both are fantastic. Radian has more features but it's heavier. Both brands run without issue. I like the radian lower. I prefer the nsr handguard.

If you can order one of each I'd just recommend that. Check them out and decide for yourself.

I would go with Noveske, but that is coming from someone who just builds and used a Noveske upper with the priority on thermal fitting.

Have you shot a Barrett rec7? I recently acquired some more wholesaler and now have this as an option to buy along with noveske and radian.
Yes I own 2 of them. One is their 16" flyweight model. The other is their DMR 18".
I haven't compared them to every other option people have mentioned here but I'm very happy with them and have no concerns or complaints.

LMT again

but one thing is for certain, stay away from the advice from anyone that talks about 'fit and finish'. Just run

I have 2 noveskes and 2 radians. I have a 3rd lower from Radian.

Fit and finish on both are fantastic. Radian has more features but it's heavier. Both brands run without issue. I like the radian lower. I prefer the nsr handguard.

If you can order one of each I'd just recommend that. Check them out and decide for yourself.
I am definitely going to snag one up, I’d even consider just getting the radian lower and building from there.