• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Which bipod for gap10?

Cullenwruth

Private
Minuteman
Nov 4, 2011
I'm down to either harris or atlas. Going to be using it at long ranges and also hunting. I've have some Harris bipods but no experience with atlas. Give me yalls input.

Re: Which bipod for gap10?

To use the Harris on the GAP 10 you would need an adapter to fir the rail. The Atlas just bolts on. I realize this is not much of an argument to justify the additional expense of the Atlas, but being that I had one of each on the bench, the Atlas was the obvious choice.

What do y'all like better about the atlas? They look sturdier to me. Also my Harris locks up when it gets dirty, is this a problem with all bipods? Thanks for the inpuy

Here's a post I made a while back on another Atlas thread...several months down the line and now with three Atlas, one AI/PH bipod and no Harris any more, I don't feel any need to change what I wrote:

<span style="font-style: italic">"If you've read all the many posts here about Atlas, you'll already have a good idea as to why it is so popular.

Here's my £0.02 based on using Harris, AI/PH and Atlas over the years:

Quality of engineering
Flexibility
45 Degree leg capability
Optional feet/leg extensions
Kasey's top drawer CS
Superior foot mechanism (universal joint) for use with claws

For me Harris doesn't even come close.........in terms of their build quality or their usability (unless you kit it up with Podlocks, Claws etc etc. and even then they are a long way behind the Atlas!!)"</span>

On your GAP, you can add the benefit on being able to directly clamp it to your rail, no adaptor needed...although I have both a Larue and an ADM QD adaptor on my rail mount Atlas' - I'd probably recommend the ADM out of the two.

Whichever way you go...good luck!

I just recently went through the comaprison and purchase process.

The Harris strikes me as "old style and clunky" in comparison to the Atlas - it looks cobbled together whereas the Atlas looks engineered. The external springs on the Harris struck me as particularly mickey mouse.

I've been using the Atlas for several weeks now, and love it. Easy and fast to deploy. Sleek whether retracted or deployed. Inner surfaces well protected from the weather. Preloads easily and consistently from my firing position. Incredible range of motion and stops, both forward and backward, along with the individual leg adjsutability.

Hard to find anything to complain about with the Atlas.

Jim G

I went from a harris to an atlas. It took a few rounds and time behind the rifle to get used to but now I most likely won't go back. the preloaded spring and machining of the product is amazing!

if you have the $$$, I'd say go for an atlas. Buy once, cry once.

Atlas, no doubt. I got the chance a few weeks ago to shoot with one and right away I noticed how much better it was than my Harris. Just by the looks of it you can tell it is of much higher quality than a Harris. I'll definitely be replacing my Harris with an Atlas in the near future.

Harris is full of win and experience.

I have 4 Atlas V8 bipods, including one I run on an AR. I replaced all my Harris bipods with Atlas once I got the first one. For me there is no comparison between Harris and Atlas.

Another vote for Atlas. Only downside for me is using it in the field out here in Arizona with tall grass it is difficult to get the rifle high enough. I have a longer Harris which I use for that.

I would post exactly what BasraBoy said . Everything is top notch, I have one on my gap-10 . The 45 degree leg lock is awesome . My shooting bench setup is downhill in my back yard so its a big plus . Buy once , cry once atlas all the way !!!

Get both. I have an extra Harris, non swivel smooth 6-9 I'll trade or sell you cheap. This way, you can pony up on both.

Thanks for all the help guys, Im definetely going to go with the atlas. I already have a 13-20 something harris that i can use when sitting down, should be a pretty good combo.

i got mine from garyaug on this site's 'options and accessories for sale' string, fast shipping, fair price and had one in stock. as atlas is not currently taking orders til military/contract needs are satisfied, finding one in stock is your only issue. after using for a bit now, it's the only option for me in the future. great piece of equipment.

Have a few GG&G heavy duty swivel bipods and they work great for me.. sturdy as hell and about 100$ cheaper than an atlas.. and.. you can find one in stock
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a few GG&G heavy duty swivel bipods and they work great for me.. sturdy as hell and about 100$ cheaper than an atlas.. and.. you can find one in stock
smile.gif
</div></div>

I had one of the GG&G bipods and I can tell you from a first hand perspective that it in no way compares to the Atlas. I upgraded from the GG&G and it was money well spent.

If you can afford or justify the cost, get an Atlas and you won't regret it. If by chance you decide it's not for you, I'm sure you'll have no problem with finding someone willing to take it off your hands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a few GG&G heavy duty swivel bipods and they work great for me.. sturdy as hell and about 100$ cheaper than an atlas.. and.. you can find one in stock
smile.gif
</div></div>

agree. I'g go with a GG&G but IMHO the HD is not necessary and a bit heavier. The standard one is plenty strong

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cox380</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cwillits505</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have a few GG&G heavy duty swivel bipods and they work great for me.. sturdy as hell and about 100$ cheaper than an atlas.. and.. you can find one in stock
smile.gif
</div></div>

agree. I'g go with a GG&G but IMHO the HD is not necessary and a bit heavier. The standard one is plenty strong </div></div>

I love my GG&G HD. It's just rock solid. It only weighs a pound.
GG&G also has excellent customer service, you wont be disappointed with it.

I know a guy with a POF and he prefers the Atlas. When I get mine built, I will probably pony up the cash for the Atlas.

Midway had the Harris BRM-s on sale for $80, which is hard to beat. For just over $100, you can be decked out with a PodLoc as well.