• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which rings do you run?

dormandefense

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 28, 2012
Aynor, SC
Hello all,

I was just wondering what kind of rings you all are using on your rigs.

I'm trying to decide what rings to use on my latest project. Here are the specs. Savage 10P 20" 1-10" accutrigger, choate tactical stock, Weaver base w/recoil lug and harris bipod. I've been through a couple of different optics and rings. First I was using my bushnell elite tac 10x in burris xtr low rings. They seemed to be very rugged and accurately machined. I then tried a Primary Arms FFP 4-14x44 in weaver tactical 6 hole low rings. I really like the light weight of the weaver rings.

I'm going to be mounting a bit more glass on it this time, and wondered if the weaver tac 6 hole rings would suffice, or if I should look elsewhere. I've got a bushnell elite tac 3-12 ffp w/ the g2dmr reticle on the way.

Thoughts?

I've used a bunch over the years but have settled on the ARC M10 rings as my go to. They are just awesome and leave zero ring marks. I don't like cap rings anymore. Plenty of other good rings out there but theym ARC are so are easy to install and hold zero well when swapping between rifles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

I am currently running a set of arc and they are nice. I have badgers on other rifles as well as an AI mount. However the nicest I have ever seen are the sphur mounts. Had one on an lmt mws. Just amazing!! I have not used the rings though. But I am sure they are just as nice!

If you are looking for just a very very good no nonse sold last for ever ring go badger. If you want the most over engineered nicest looking go sphur!

Don't be afraid to give these a look too - Rings

Tank tough, overbuilt, and guaranteed for life - If you break them, Jon will replace them.

I'm running 2 sets of the older triple lug design and wouldn't consider anything else myself.

Don't be afraid to give these a look too - Rings

Tank tough, overbuilt, and guaranteed for life - If you break them, Jon will replace them.

I'm running 2 sets of the older triple lug design and wouldn't consider anything else myself.

Those rings look extremely nice. Might be a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badger.gif

Seekins Precision. Excellent products.

Currently have more sets of Badger 34mm P/N 306-75 than anything else, but also have Near (34mm), Spuhr (34mm), Seekins (34mm), and one set of USO(35mm).

Suggest you avoid using cheap-ass rings.

I've tried all the top end ones and they all work. Seekins is all I have left. :) The manufacturing quality is top notch. The design is thoughtful and effective. The customer service is the best.

I used one set of TPS rings I got in a trade and couldn't find anything wrong with them except the weight (steel rings).
The ARC rings look interesting but I've settled on Seekins and never looked back.
For one piece mounts, AADland or Spuhr.

Which rings do you run?

I personally like the vortex tactical rings, which are made by Seekins I understand.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398886975.767616.jpg

I am currently running a set of arc and they are nice. I have badgers on other rifles as well as an AI mount. However the nicest I have ever seen are the sphur mounts. Had one on an lmt mws. Just amazing!! I have not used the rings though. But I am sure they are just as nice!

If you are looking for just a very very good no nonse sold last for ever ring go badger. If you want the most over engineered nicest looking go sphur!

I dont know about "over engineered" but they are what I call practical. I have a Spuhr mount on my REPR and the way the Spuhr mount is designed I get to use my T1 at a 45* and I really like features like that.

I have a set of TPS TSR rings on my tikka in a W3 chassis and I like them so much I just put another set on my DD 300 blackout. As far as the Seekins and Badger, I would have gone with them if I wouldn't have been on a budget, they are really nice. I think TPS is the best you can get for under $80

IMHO, rings are rings are rings, to a certain point.

Having used many from cheap to very expensive I will have to respectively disagree. Like optics you usually get what you pay for but you also don't have to pay alot for a great product. That's why I use Seekins. Right in the upper mid price range but well worth it. Perfectly machined, slim smooth lines due to their clamping system and most importantly hold the scope securely and secure to the base.

I run MK4 rings and have had zero issues with them. Ive also used this set on 2 different NFs, and two MK4 scopes and none of them have had a scope ring mark.

Anyone have any 30mm low rings they want to sell?

Dormandefense- I don't have a set of low, but I have a set of Nightforce 30MM Ultralite rings that are brand new that I'm looking to get rid of. 1.00" height (NO. A101). Probably doesn't help, but figured I'd let you know.

Seekins. I actually had an issue with one of them from the factory but they were prompt and nice as hell on the phone in response. I'll buy from them again for sure

Dormandefense- I don't have a set of low, but I have a set of Nightforce 30MM Ultralite rings that are brand new that I'm looking to get rid of. 1.00" height (NO. A101). Probably doesn't help, but figured I'd let you know.

Thanks for letting me know, but I'm thinking I need the shortest possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weaver burris xtr vortex all required very little if any lapping on a 1 piece base. i have some warn rings too but i do not have 34mm alinement or lapping bars i but they are pretty straight though