• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Whiskey-3 Chassis: Gen 4 is here!

Justin,
I want to publicly say that your customer service is outstanding!!!! Now the hard part begins, waiting for my chassis to arrive. Thanks again! AM

I finally received my chassis and it is beautiful. The more I look at it the more I love it.

Todd, we really wanted to do the 595 stock but various things kept us from doing it, a big part of which was that it won't take any common mag that we tried. It has a really small magwell which is nice and long but really skinny so AICS mags aren't even close to fitting. If I remember an AE single stack mag was close but would have still required cutting. That is a great action, I really liked the Master Sporter I had and stupidly sold.

For blems, we will likely have only a few and those will be gen 4 good back ends with some gen 3 front ends we have as New Old-Stock. Send us an email and we can put your name down to notify as we have many requests for blems.

For the Win 70, we'd like to get that one fit into a W3C so we'll be working on it, we just don't know when for sure we'll get to it.

We've greatly increased production for the gen 3 and that was not enough so we greatly increased production again for the gen 4 so maybe we'll get to where we have them ready to ship right away again. Either way you can get on the wait list so secure your place in line if you want.

The guy at CDI precision in Florida has figured it out somehow but I haven't seen it yet.

Sorry for the terrible pic. First picture post so not sure if this works, and it does. Rifle not finished got a few things I will be doing to it.

image_zps9788fe77.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: McMillan
Hi Justin I'm in the UK and would love one of your chassis do you have a UK dealer or one in Europe??

Many thanks Phil

Ah ha. You guys have a great looking product. I shot with Parker at ASC in 2012 and it looked great. I'll build on one soon

Thanks guys.
Parker has a gen 2 I think. It's been awhile so I can't remember exactly.

Phil, we have a dealer in the UK but he doesn't carry stocks. We do have several in the EU that do. Here's our full list: Welcome to KRG
France will be getting some soon.
Justin

I'm really digging the upgraded folding mechanism on the Gen 4. The cheekpiece is rock solid as well, looking forward to getting some range time with the new chassis!

KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 4 Folder Chassis w/spigot mount
Tikka T3 TAC 20" .308
Premier Reticles Light Tactical 3-15x50mm Gen 2 XR
Thunderbeast 30P-1 Suppressor
Atlas bipod

pyQTxFY.jpg

Gen 4 on top, Gen 3 on bottom
sArkUvg.jpg

Gen 4 on left, Gen 3 on right
0fSHkAE.jpg

If the M70 could use FN TBM mags instead of AICS that would be for the best. It wouldn't require action mods, they are half the price and shorter.

Also, if you could get someone to import T3 .308 barreled actions at a decent price to save the cost of the stock/magazine/triggerguard etc. and FET... that would be awesome.

+1 for customer service. I'm on the list, but these guys have emailed me a few different times keeping me in the loop on when I could expect a chassis. The Gen 4 looks great! Can't wait to get mine.

Paden

One of the worst things that Tikka/Sako/Beretta has done in my opinion was to stop bringing in the Varmints and Scouts in various calibers. They must have figured their market share was too big. I highly doubt they'll bring in barrelled actions but we can try to broach the subject when we talk to them next. They seem to have a much more "rigid" mindset than a company like Savage, for example. We were going to try to offer some Varmint style barrelled actions but there were various issues.

For anybody like Marcus who have more than one generation chassis, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the new vs older gens.

Justin

One of the worst things that Tikka/Sako/Beretta has done in my opinion was to stop bringing in the Varmints and Scouts in various calibers. They must have figured their market share was too big. I highly doubt they'll bring in barrelled actions but we can try to broach the subject when we talk to them next. They seem to have a much more "rigid" mindset than a company like Savage, for example. We were going to try to offer some Varmint style barrelled actions but there were various issues.

For anybody like Marcus who have more than one generation chassis, we'd love to hear your thoughts on the new vs older gens.

Justin
I tried talking to a Beretta rep about this at a demo shoot a couple years back. I got the impression that, if it wasn't a high dollar Beretta shotgun that I wanted to talk about, they really didn't give a shit. Given what they've imported since then (or rather, have not), I think my impression was accurate.

Ryan, we'll take a look at those FN mags when we look at the Model 70.

Wait time right now is down around 2 months or less by the way.

It has been tough to see the 300WM TRG-42 go, then all the T3 heavy barrels, then the Sako A7's in everything but the Tecomate WSM's (though the A7 wasn't great and really couldn't be built up) meanwhile not see the new TRG M10 (yet).

Eurooptic might be able to bring in some barrelled actions, they got a .260 TRG done which is pretty impressive.

Meanwhile, Magpul Dynamics head LR instructor Caylen Wojcik took first at the Oregon Sniper Challenge using a Whiskey-3 Chassis. His was a gen 4 Rem 700SA folding stock that we shipped out to him only a couple weeks before the match. He's a good guy and knowledgeable shooter. His part of the Magpul precision rifle DVD is worth watching and his class is one of the ones we most want to attend.
Justin

Last edited:
I got turned onto the KRG Whiskey 3 after getting behind Caylen's (gen 3) at a class earlier this summer. Great chassis, great companies and it was a great class put on by an excellent instructor. If things are down to a two month wait, I must be down to a wait that is measured in days...

Got mine the other day and dropped my Bighorn Action/Bartlein 5r, 1-10twist m24 contour into it. Going to go take it for a spin in the morning and break her in. As usual, the improvements KRG made were well done. The krylon gun is a Gen 3 with a AAC-SD in it.

2n1hv90.jpg

2j0zcdx.jpg

9tnx28.jpg

2mdjau0.jpg

21edf68.jpg

For the KRG gen 4 owners -

Does the folding stock linkage on the bottom of the grip dig into your side or back when you sling the rifle? This area seems to stick out a bit further than the Gen 3 stocks. I really like the design of the folding stock with the exception of the one part.

Hey Gadget good to see someone using the side mounted rail. You can run an L2 rail a little further forward on the bottom of the forend if you feel you need to move it.

RMW, the hinge has only been pushed out slightly, under .100 if I remember, but it has been moved rearward. Keep in mind with the pic from P03 of the Krylon'd rifle that it has large grips while the gen 4 has small grips.

Thanks for your business guys, more cool stuff is coming...
Justin

Massoud,

On the previous Gen it looks like the lower hinge is rounded and then flat at its peak.

Does the new hinge have a sharp point at its peak?

Does the folding stock lock into place when folded?

All you guys using the Gen 4 KRG Chassis,

I have never seen yet handled one of these Chassis Systems in person. They look fantastic and well engineered.

Do you find the hinge on the folding mechanism to dig into your side when carrying the rifle in a sling.

How much LOP adjustment does this thing accommodate?

From their website:
Length of pull:
Adjustable in ¼” increments with nearly 2” of adjustment range.
LOP range varies slightly between versions but is roughly 12.8” to 15.4”.
Uses cam lock and set screw to ensure a solid fit.

That would almost fit me. My guns are between 15.75 and 16.5 depending on what I use it for. My model 700 is 16. Any way to get an extra half out of it?

I'm really digging the upgraded folding mechanism on the Gen 4. The cheekpiece is rock solid as well, looking forward to getting some range time with the new chassis!

KRG Whiskey 3 Gen 4 Folder Chassis w/spigot mount
Tikka T3 TAC 20" .308
Premier Reticles Light Tactical 3-15x50mm Gen 2 XR
Thunderbeast 30P-1 Suppressor
Atlas bipod

pyQTxFY.jpg

Gen 4 on top, Gen 3 on bottom
sArkUvg.jpg

Gen 4 on left, Gen 3 on right
0fSHkAE.jpg

Nice looking rifle

RMW, yeah you're right it doesn't have that big flat like the older gens, there's a good size radius on there, not a sharp point. It does lock in the folded (unusable) position. As for whether it digs in I'll let others answer that.

Regarding the LOP. We do have spacers that can be used to lengthen the LOP. On the latest gen 4's you can actually get rid of the whole LOP assembly if you want and just use spacers. The spacers are 3/8". We don't have them on the site but they will be up there eventually, and if anyone needs one now they can contact us or pm me.

Thanks,
Justin

Last edited:
Nice looking stock, is there any plans for a 70 LA? Also have you thought about making the butt pad adjustable for cant (angle in shoulder). I have a battleline sapr, and that adjustment makes a way more comfortable cheek weld.

These are a tremendous value. I have one on one of my Sakos and the amount of adjustability and ergonomics is great. In a sea of companies now making chassis KRG stands out. The machining is beautiful and it's a priced nicely considering what you get.

mnln.jpg

Thanks for your business fellas. We will be looking at the Win 70/FN. We have to figure out which action is the way to go since it seems there are some differences.

The buttpad is adjustable for cant 15 degrees to each side. It's not an infinite adjustment like the cheek piece, it's a set position. We've seen one or two with the cant but most do not.

Thanks guys, great looking rifles in this thread.
Justin

As the good Captain mentioned, they just come in black. If you wanted you could put on an X-ray forend in green or tan and get matching grip panels. Or you could have it coated to your liking, the polymer on the chassis has held up well so far to the heat required to apply cerakote.
Justin

Has anyone had any issues fitting a Defiance Deviant action into the KRG W3 gen 4? I understand there were issues with the fit of the bolt handle at some point. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

KRG Whiskey-3 gen 4
Tikka T-3 Varmint .308 Winchester
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 in Nightforce Ultralight rings.
Ase Utra Sl5 suppressor.
ATLAS and monopod.

IMG_7787.JPG

I just received my Whiskey 3 Lefty. Really nice stock Massoud! One small issue I'm having is with the rear QD socket. My sling loop gets hung up on the LOP cam. I'm considering flipping the cam to the opposite side to remedy this. Best I can tell I would need to drill the indents on the L side and remove the snap ring to accomplish this. Any advice Massoud? Thanks for a great chassis!

Question... do you have to buy a pic rail to mount the monopod onto? if so what size do I need to get? Thanks!
KRG Whiskey-3 gen 4
Tikka T-3 Varmint .308 Winchester
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 in Nightforce Ultralight rings.
Ase Utra Sl5 suppressor.
ATLAS and monopod.

IMG_7787.JPG

If you get the chassis from KRG they should provide two plastic rails with the chassis. One small and one large. It's on their website.

Information is a year old or so. Might want to check their site yourself.

Has anyone ever put their W3 rifle with like a 20" barrel in a hard sided guitar case? Think it will fit, just and idea I have...