• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who here has changed their politics in the past 5-6 years?

Until about 5-6 years ago I didn't know the difference between a Dem (shitbag) and a Republican. I didn't vote in ANYTHING until I was 45 years old. Never paid any attebntion to politics OF ANY KIND. For some reason I started when the cunt Hilary decided to run. Paying attention opened my eyes and answered lots of questions.

My wife doesn't necessarily agree with the new me. I honestly think she gets what's really going on, but she doesn't want to talk about it because then it's more real. I really feel like I should've been more involved in many areas where voting, participating, and making choices are something all citizens need to get more interested in.

For better or worse, I think the lines have been drawn in this country.....and there's no going back. Maybe it was inevitable. Maybe it was engineered. Maybe it's something that needs to happen. Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about. What I do know is that I'm embarrassed by my own country and what it's become.

Trump is an idiot but he did wake some of us up to how deep the swamp runs. I don’t know if votes matter anymore but I’m voting Libertarian from here on out. It’s the only peaceful chance we have left.

Trump is an idiot but he did wake some of us up to how deep the swamp runs. I don’t know if votes matter anymore but I’m voting Libertarian from here on out. It’s the only peaceful chance we have left.

Can't speak for you or others, but I am 100% convinced that voting in a Presidential Election has ZERO effect on the outcome of said election. It's nothing but just a show. Making people believe they actually have a say in such an important type of election is one of the most disgusting types of gas lighting our government does to the American people.

Whats that saying? If you are a young republican, you are heartless. If you are an old Democrat, you are brainless.

I voted for a pro-gun Democrat Congressman in 1992. His office took a congressional complaint about the way the military doctors at my base misdiagnosed my son's cancer for the flu and led to him eventually dying. Not a single person in the military hospital cared until I nuked their asses. When they went around trying to round up his medical records and destroy them they were shocked to find I had got them to proper authorities first. They literally denied ever seeing or treating him, including the doctor who attended when he was born.

This congressman then voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban with 90% of his district opposed to it. I brought that up at a town hall when I got to ask my question and got him say out loud in front of a room full of people and TV cameras that he "didn't just represent this district". This was one nail that doomed his re-election.

That was the one and only time I did not vote Republican. While the Republicans are not the conservatives they once were, they are the only non-communists capable of winning an election for most offices.

I will never vote for a Democrat, ever. The more you represent personal freedoms and individual rights the more likely you are to get my vote. The Constitution is a real document and it is not something communists can change as they feel the need.

FJB, FBO, FBC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it never changes.

Contrary to most people here my politics have shifted left than I used to be but have gotten far more libertarian.

I've moved from being stupidly conservative to have a more central view but have shifted very far away from trusting authority of any sort.

I have certainly galvanized my thoughts that everybody is a mindless idiot, seeing so many NPCs on all sides, all around the globe has convinced me the West is doomed.

Someone say they were putting together a list?

I vote for someone or against someone. Sadly it has shifted more to the second option as the years pass.

In 1980 I was in 6th grade in WNY. It was me and one other dude for Reagan vs the rest of the class in a mock debate(including the teacher, though he was a friend of my mom's so had to maintain some semblance of neutrality). We handed them their collective asses and I could see some lightbulbs popping on on the other side.

I also feel it is unrepairable at this point. God save us.

Anyone that voted for Bush in 2000 and '04, and then McCain in 2008, and then Romney in 2012, and then Trump in 2016 has certainly experienced a shift in his politics, whether they want to admit it or not.

Hell, if people were honest about who they voted for in the 2016 primaries vs where they stand on Trump today, we'd see a substantial shift just in 6-7 years. Remember that Jeb Bush actually won delegates in 2016, and I guarantee that some number of folks here were big on candidates like Chris Christie and Marco Rubio.

Reactions: BigTex
I don't think that works. Years back, I wanted Bill Clinton to win the democratic nomination, because I knew there was no way that crooked POS could ever get elected President.

Eh yup.
Everyone knew Clinton was winning that nomination. Tsongas while normal didn’t have the charisma that bill did.

Bill was almost trump like is his public speaking, people just melted when he spoke.

He instantly connected with young voters and women because he was a young good looking guy. And his policies weren’t too crazy compared to republicans back then.

Dems still had a idea of how to run a country. He placated the crazies but Clinton was a moderate almost repub in certain aspects of we really look at it.

Prob the last of the “normal” democrats as we knew them.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
In sixteen the choice was made by the republicants party. They were going to run Jeb. It was a dog and pony circus with Cruz, Rubio and Christi. They were only there to make it look legit but I assure you that the big money was going into the Jeb campaign. Trump's first FU to the republicant establishment was to destroy Jeb.
Anyone that voted for Bush in 2000 and '04, and then McCain in 2008, and then Romney in 2012, and then Trump in 2016 has certainly experienced a shift in his politics, whether they want to admit it or not.

Hell, if people were honest about who they voted for in the 2016 primaries vs where they stand on Trump today, we'd see a substantial shift just in 6-7 years. Remember that Jeb Bush actually won delegates in 2016, and I guarantee that some number of folks here were big on candidates like Chris Christie and Marco Rubio.

1666347318056.png

Not necessarily changed our political views but has made my wife and I pay much more attention since Covid started and the Floyd defund the police debacle. Made us realize how screwed up everything is!

Also, my wife was against having guns in the house with young kids but this has all changed. We now have an arsenal and go shooting as a family. I have since gotten into reloading which our boys love to do with me. I guess I am part of the problem with shortages but realized I love to shoot and have a new hobby 😄

I turned 18 in 1979. The first election I ever voted in was the big one in November of 1980. I was pretty ignorant of politics at the time, but knew enough to know that I did NOT want four more years of Jimmie Carter. The first lever I ever pulled was for Ronald Reagan. I haven’t pulled a Democrat lever since. Nor have I ever voted to increase or continue a tax. Never.

I started dating a girl over the end of 2020 and she was leaning a little bit left. Law school and college will do that I guess! But as the events have unfolded over the past 2ish years, she finally straight up admitted that things weren't as she had thought.

I think at this point you'd have to be consciously ignoring the truth. There's too big of a gap between reality and whatever else it is people like to believe.

I started dating a girl over the end of 2020 and she was leaning a little bit left. Law school and college will do that I guess! But as the events have unfolded over the past 2ish years, she finally straight up admitted that things weren't as she had thought.

I think at this point you'd have to be consciously ignoring the truth. There's too big of a gap between reality and whatever else it is people like to believe.
same experience with a few

women in general lean left because they are coddled by parents more than boys in general (not a bad thing at all)

then they get to the real world and start seeing whats happening, they still dont get it but can be redirected

between trump bringing things to the front visually and verbally, and transgender type movements that are encroaching on their turf...they are starting to wake up

the crazies were always crazy but once their daughter gets beat on the subway, or has a man in a dress walk in the bathroom.. it takes effect

been alot of videos of women really fighting 3/4-1, with men just standing around watching with a phone

that never happened as the guys would step in a calm it down, even youtube videos of "hoods" fighting 15 years ago the guys watching would get involved after a bit

now because women are supposed to be more aggressive and men are supposed to be less toxic, liberal women are actually talking about how bystanders arent helping anymore

i think it will come full circle like it always does, its just going to take long time. weve been on this path since 1975...takes more than a few years and a few elections to reverse 50 years

Reactions: MadDuner
same experience with a few

women in general lean left because they are coddled by parents more than boys in general (not a bad thing at all)

then they get to the real world and start seeing whats happening, they still dont get it but can be redirected

between trump bringing things to the front visually and verbally, and transgender type movements that are encroaching on their turf...they are starting to wake up

the crazies were always crazy but once their daughter gets beat on the subway, or has a man in a dress walk in the bathroom.. it takes effect

been alot of videos of women really fighting 3/4-1, with men just standing around watching with a phone

that never happened as the guys would step in a calm it down, even youtube videos of "hoods" fighting 15 years ago the guys watching would get involved after a bit

now because women are supposed to be more aggressive and men are supposed to be less toxic, liberal women are actually talking about how bystanders arent helping anymore

i think it will come full circle like it always does, its just going to take long time. weve been on this path since 1975...takes more than a few years and a few elections to reverse 50 years
The females are going to have to take their lumps on this liberal bullshit. They have basically invited men to be women and encroach on their territory in sports and in bathrooms. If they have to have it shoved down their throats for awhile - more of them might wake up and decide it has to stop. As for the women fighting - all I've seen is groups of sheboons attacking a single victim. Usually because they are white. White women who frequent sheboon areas will have to start carrying their own firearms for protection. Again, it will take another learning moment for these "pacifist" females to catch on.

Reactions: gigamortis
The females are going to have to take their lumps on this liberal bullshit. They have basically invited men to be women and encroach on their territory in sports and in bathrooms. If they have to have it shoved down their throats for awhile - more of them might wake up and decide it has to stop. As for the women fighting - all I've seen is groups of sheboons attacking a single victim. Usually because they are white. White women who frequent sheboon areas will have to start carrying their own firearms for protection. Again, it will take another learning moment for these "pacifist" females to catch on.
the best teaching tool is experience, always has been always will be

its just to bad their learning is effecting the regular joe as the same time

Reactions: E. Bryant
Contrary to most people here my politics have shifted left than I used to be but have gotten far more libertarian.

I've moved from being stupidly conservative to have a more central view but have shifted very far away from trusting authority of any sort.

I have certainly galvanized my thoughts that everybody is a mindless idiot, seeing so many NPCs on all sides, all around the globe has convinced me the West is doomed.

When you say, "libertarian" you actually mean communist, correct? Hates the west, the west is doomed..........................literally George Soros talking points.

Somewhere along the line I figured out that when a Democrap was in office - that I was broke because the economy always took a hit..... enough to even have a "misery index."

And when a Republican was in office - I was working overtime, buying stuff I wanted, and enjoying the American dream.

Along the way I also noticed that Dems favored the freaks while Republicans favored the "normal" people. Add in my enjoyment of hotrod cars and firearms - and the fact that the Democraps have been working my entire life to destroy both of those, and who I supported became absolutely cemented for the rest of my life.

Once you get to the last decade where they are trying to fuck us all with their wealth redistribution schemes of "Global Warming", "Black Lives Matter", "Turn your kid into a trans at age 4" and also the freakin' vaccine mandate bullshit - and my disdain is turning into pure hatred. Everywhere Democraps are in power has turned into an absolute cesspool shit show of drugs, homeless people, and no borders - while empowering Antifa to destroy whatever they want. No sir. Democraps want the wholesale destruction of everything that makes this country good. I oppose them on every level.

Reactions: gigamortis
I liked Trump, there was/is a very small filter on the man, if any. I think he went in with the vision to do just what he said he was going to do, for the reasons people voted him in. Not like the ad's we see now where they say hay I am middle of the road D. Really the other ad....the ad that prompted my own research and was confirmed by that research says you vote with Biden 100% of the time, you are a rubber stamp.

As to me I find myself leaning more and more Libertarian as I get older. The .gov should pave the roads and fight wars, not much else....strip it to the bone. I was a hard core right winger. With the thoughts that everything in the bible belt told me to think. Now no the .gov has no business with half the stuff they do, they will just screw it up.

Unlike many I still have hope it can be saved. I might be pie in the sky, but I see people like Kari Lake and think if we just had more of those people it would be fixed.

Marry a good old fashion Christian girl and you can almost be guaranteed she'll be a Conservative. Met my wife in church and she's as conservative as I am. Maybe more so in some areas.

BTW, she can shoot any handgun better than any guy I know.

Might have been true once upon a time, but churches have gotten very liberal.

Somewhere along the line I figured out that when a Democrap was in office - that I was broke because the economy always took a hit..... enough to even have a "misery index."

And when a Republican was in office - I was working overtime, buying stuff I wanted, and enjoying the American dream.

Along the way I also noticed that Dems favored the freaks while Republicans favored the "normal" people. Add in my enjoyment of hotrod cars and firearms - and the fact that the Democraps have been working my entire life to destroy both of those, and who I supported became absolutely cemented for the rest of my life.

Once you get to the last decade where they are trying to fuck us all with their wealth redistribution schemes of "Global Warming", "Black Lives Matter", "Turn your kid into a trans at age 4" and also the freakin' vaccine mandate bullshit - and my disdain is turning into pure hatred. Everywhere Democraps are in power has turned into an absolute cesspool shit show of drugs, homeless people, and no borders - while empowering Antifa to destroy whatever they want. No sir. Democraps want the wholesale destruction of everything that makes this country good. I oppose them on every level.
Congress is in charge of the economy.

The economy has been crazy good as long as you are in the 1%.

1666373827738.png

Last edited:
When you say, "libertarian" you actually mean communist, correct? Hates the west, the west is doomed..........................literally George Soros talking points.
No.
I suggest you take the Political compass test as a starting point to open your mind on the variatability in politics.

There is a pretty vast distance between "socialized heath care is literally slavery" lunacy on the right and "you shall own nothing and be happy" on the left.

"socialized heath care is literally slavery"
Well it -literally- is...

I -HAVE TO- work 2 weeks every year so some fat ass can be given an electric wheelchair at no cost because they can't even get around their own damn house. Your health is NOT my or anyone else's responsibility. Ohh, it's for the common good you say. Well the common good would dictate we make the fat asses lose weight and contribute something to society, not the other way around.

I -HAVE TO- work 2 weeks every year so some fat ass can be given an electric wheelchair at no cost because they can't even get around their own damn house. Your health is NOT my or anyone else's responsibility. Ohh, it's for the common good you say. Well the common good would dictate we make the fat asses lose weight and contribute something to society, not the other way around.
A, you have a pretty low bar to what counts and slavery, especially consdering what slavery "means" in the American context.
B, being a "slave " to an insurance compay whos main concern is their share holders isn't the obvious better choice.
C, you are already a "slave" for all the othe taxes you pay.

Don't take my first post as being supportive of socalised heath care, it's just one of the markers you can use to determine the intelligence level of people you are talking to.

I voted for a pro-gun Democrat Congressman in 1992. His office took a congressional complaint about the way the military doctors at my base misdiagnosed my son's cancer for the flu and led to him eventually dying. Not a single person in the military hospital cared until I nuked their asses. When they went around trying to round up his medical records and destroy them they were shocked to find I had got them to proper authorities first. They literally denied ever seeing or treating him, including the doctor who attended when he was born.

This congressman then voted for the 1994 Assault Weapons Ban with 90% of his district opposed to it. I brought that up at a town hall when I got to ask my question and got him say out loud in front of a room full of people and TV cameras that he "didn't just represent this district". This was one nail that doomed his re-election.

That was the one and only time I did not vote Republican. While the Republicans are not the conservatives they once were, they are the only non-communists capable of winning an election for most offices.

I will never vote for a Democrat, ever. The more you represent personal freedoms and individual rights the more likely you are to get my vote. The Constitution is a real document and it is not something communists can change as they feel the need.

FJB, FBO, FBC,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,it never changes.
That first paragraph is terrible! I am so sorry to hear that about your son!

I turned 18 in 1979. The first election I ever voted in was the big one in November of 1980. I was pretty ignorant of politics at the time, but knew enough to know that I did NOT want four more years of Jimmie Carter. The first lever I ever pulled was for Ronald Reagan. I haven’t pulled a Democrat lever since. Nor have I ever voted to increase or continue a tax. Never.
This sums me up quite well right down to the year I graduated from high school. My goal has typically been to vote for the candidates that are going to eff with me and my hard-earned money the least and that has never been a liberal.

My daughter is 26 and I sometimes hear her and her friend group talking about how much they like what this or that candidate is saying (more liberals than conservatives). I've told them to beware of election year conversions. They haven't been paying attention long enough (and honestly aren't engaged enough even now) to really see the differences between the rhetoric these candidates espouse versus how they rule while in office. I try to remind them that one thing all politicians have in common is that the don't want to become ex-politicians.

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
No, you are thinking "liberals". Libertarian is the "Liberty" movement, totally different from the nutjob "liberals".

You also have nutjob libertarians which spill into the anarchist realm. Your more common libertarians are your conservative libertarians which are more like the old republicans of Constitution first, fiscal responsibility types. Ron Paul would be a fairly good example, if I am correct.

This sums me up quite well right down to the year I graduated from high school. My goal has typically been to vote for the candidates that are going to eff with me and my hard-earned money the least and that has never been a liberal.

My daughter is 26 and I sometimes hear her and her friend group talking about how much they like what this or that candidate is saying (more liberals than conservatives). I've told them to beware of election year conversions. They haven't been paying attention long enough (and honestly aren't engaged enough even now) to really see the differences between the rhetoric these candidates espouse versus how they rule while in office. I try to remind them that one thing all politicians have in common is that the don't want to become ex-politicians.

The interesting thing is, kids don't worry about what a politician is doing for their future and older adults, who have less time on this Earth, is only concerned about the future.

This tuition thing that Biden has done is shamelessly buying the votes of those who are 22 to 30. But if those kids really looked into this, they'd see that they will be paying for this for the next 30-40 years.

Ever do any work for children with cancer?

Reactions: beetroot
Everyone knew Clinton was winning that nomination. Tsongas while normal didn’t have the charisma that bill did.

Bill was almost trump like is his public speaking, people just melted when he spoke.

He instantly connected with young voters and women because he was a young good looking guy. And his policies weren’t too crazy compared to republicans back then.

Dems still had a idea of how to run a country. He placated the crazies but Clinton was a moderate almost repub in certain aspects of we really look at it.

Prob the last of the “normal” democrats as we knew them.

Clinton was not a normal Democrat. He turned the Democrats into Republican Lite and sold their soul to Wall Street.

No.
I suggest you take the Political compass test as a starting point to open your mind on the variatability in politics.

There is a pretty vast distance between "socialized heath care is literally slavery" lunacy on the right and "you shall own nothing and be happy" on the left.

You really should try "socialized medicine" and refer to my dead son in my first post. Military medicine is literally socialized medicine. The doctors are literally one step lower than those people at the driver's license place. The level of "give's a shit" for 98% of them is straight fucking zero and the other 2% get beaten until they get in line.

Same goes for staff, nurses and anyone else working at the hospital. Want to experience an honestly shitty afternoon? Drop off prescription refills at a military pharmacy and wait 3-6 fucking hours for refills while the three assholes in the pharmacy play Solitaire on the computer or Free Cell until their eyes bleed.

More hellish experiences? Have a real emergency and go to the emergency, not the shits or a fever, broken bones, blood gushing from something or a severe injury. You may as well walk into the jungle and give the monkey's a shot at fixing it. God forbid you get cancer, have a heart attack or some other complex problem that requires skill and costs money.

Socialized medicine may not be slavery, but it is a quick way to the cemetery. No one in a socialized medical facility gives two shits about your life or prolonging it. The only thing socialized medicine does marginally well is deliver babies and give immunizations or other basic medical care. Everyone else is as good as dead, especially when you hit 65 and they stop treating you as a human.

Socialized medicine has had one positive effect. Every year people spend $53.51 BILLION DOLLARS out of their own pockets flying to countries with good doctors and saving their own lives.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ket-Size-worth-USD-53-51-Billion-in-2028.html

You really should try "socialized medicine" and refer to my dead son in my first post. Military medicine is literally socialized medicine. The doctors are literally one step lower than those people at the driver's license place. The level of "give's a shit" for 98% of them is straight fucking zero and the other 2% get beaten until they get in line.

Same goes for staff, nurses and anyone else working at the hospital. Want to experience an honestly shitty afternoon? Drop off prescription refills at a military pharmacy and wait 3-6 fucking hours for refills while the three assholes in the pharmacy play Solitaire on the computer or Free Cell until their eyes bleed.

More hellish experiences? Have a real emergency and go to the emergency, not the shits or a fever, broken bones, blood gushing from something or a severe injury. You may as well walk into the jungle and give the monkey's a shot at fixing it. God forbid you get cancer, have a heart attack or some other complex problem that requires skill and costs money.

Socialized medicine may not be slavery, but it is a quick way to the cemetery. No one in a socialized medical facility gives two shits about your life or prolonging it. The only thing socialized medicine does marginally well is deliver babies and give immunizations or other basic medical care. Everyone else is as good as dead, especially when you hit 65 and they stop treating you as a human.

Socialized medicine has had one positive effect. Every year people spend $53.51 BILLION DOLLARS out of their own pockets flying to countries with good doctors and saving their own lives.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-...ket-Size-worth-USD-53-51-Billion-in-2028.html
There are another 194 countries in the world, many of them have some form of socialized medical, many of them are considered to have excellent health care systems.

Again Im not saying I support socialized health care, I'm saying anyone who buys into blank statements like the one I quoted are not thinking critically and doing themselves and everyone a disservice.

Building ones personal politics around simplistic throw away statements, ideology and towing a party line, is how the US has gotten to the state its in. It'd be nice to not carry on down that road.

Marry a good old fashion Christian girl and you can almost be guaranteed she'll be a Conservative. Met my wife in church and she's as conservative as I am. Maybe more so in some areas.

BTW, she can shoot any handgun better than any guy I know.
I did that and have same experience except I shoot better than her

You are conflating socialized with under funded. You can make anything suck if you under fund it enough. For example the US military in the the 70s.

I don't think we're ever going to see a unified Republican party either. Far too many of them are RINOs and just well-paid "controlled opposition" to the Democraps. The non-RINOs may as well be trying to run as independents, because the GOP refuses to give up any of their advertising/media budget for them to help win an election.
As mentioned above, and to your point. The status quo cares about nothing but the collective. Trump did indeed throw himself on the sword to expose the filth that dwells in the DC swamp. I've always considered myself a patriot, I used to get goosebumps every time I'd hear our national anthem, not lately...

For most of the Democrats in my family, I advise them that they are misguided. For the Republicans, and hard core Trumpers, I tell them their loyalty is misplaced. Both parties are shells of what they were, for the exception of a few Outliers. This holds more true for the Democratic party which is now a liberal progressive dumpster fire. Where the Republican party is rife with NeoCon poster children, once again with some exceptions, and probably the lesser of two evils.

This is where we are headed, however...and it's not good.

Reactions: BCP
There are another 194 countries in the world, many of them have some form of socialized medical, many of them are considered to have excellent health care systems.

Again Im not saying I support socialized health care, I'm saying anyone who buys into blank statements like the one I quoted are not thinking critically and doing themselves and everyone a disservice.

Building ones personal politics around simplistic throw away statements, ideology and towing a party line, is how the US has gotten to the state its in. It'd be nice to not carry on down that road.
I'm saying that people who believe in socialized medicine are not the libertarians they think they are. Our medical system is probably the most innovative and advanced on earth and no one is denied anything or required to pay a dime. Decent people are forced to fund the scum of the earth here, just like the more formal socialized medicine systems.

The difference is that here innovation is rewarded.

Reactions: Yasherka

That will never happen here because the American Medical System is a massively profitable industry for pharmaceuticals, doctors groups, insurance etc. Obamacare shifted it into overdrive & now they are the top lobbying industry in America. Nothing short of a violent revolution will change this.

Screenshot 2022-10-22 at 06-51-44 Leading lobbying industries U.S. 2021 Statista.png

ps - keep this chart in mind whenever some libtard starts yammering at you about how the NRA or Big Oil or the Defense Industry are huge lobbyists

• Love
Reactions: Vodoun daVinci
That will never happen here because the American Medical System is a massively profitable industry for pharmaceuticals, doctors groups, insurance etc. Obamacare shifted it into overdrive & now they are the top lobbying industry in America. Nothing short of a violent revolution will change this.

View attachment 7981500

ps - keep this chart in mind whenever some libtard starts yammering at you about how the NRA or Big Oil or the Defense Industry are huge lobbyists
Also note that there are FOUR categories related to health care:
Pharmaceuticals/Health Products
Insurance
Hospitals/Nursing Homes
Health Services/HMOs

That's a lot of lobbying.