• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors who makes a square or rectangular shaped can?

AXEMAN

General Nuisance
Minuteman
Sep 17, 2009
kansas, topeka
i have been searching yahoo images and rifle supressor and trying to find that model. i read a review, its all billet i believe. no parts in there to replace, i think the article said its all baffles if that makes sense, i am totally clueless. i have done no reading and my state just started allowing cans and all the other goodies last year. i just recall them shooting this thing til it was hot and then dunking it in a 5 gal water bucket and then shooting again as it steamed. anyone? sorry to be a newb about it

Re: who makes a square or rectangular shaped can?

i wish i knew where i saw it, magazine print or tv or youtube. it had no consumable parts, no wipes or batting or how ever some are made with fiberglass or something as a deadening material. it was all billett with baffles inside i guess. the top was a cover held on by screws. no big deal, just stuck with me

for someone using a filler material for sound deadening I would think that was a home made jobby. Most commercial can makers use baffles inside the can for suppression and cooling of the gasses.

I know that AAC made what they called the "Black Box" it was a 45 can designed for 1911's so you could use the original sights and such. Suppressor Professor aka Cara has a 9mm black box on a Nighthawk 9mm 1911 that is dead fucking sexy and sounds AWESOME.

Silencerco has the Osprey I think it is called and its a design similar to the black box concept in that its built for 1911 style guns and follows the shape of the slide and dust cover.

Griffin has the zero one, but from the looks of it I wouldn't give him three cents for it. Plus there what the whole fiasco where he engraved "Front Toward Arabs" on a batch of cans without the knowledge of the customers that bought them. The zero one looks like an accident waiting to happen IMO.

i read magazines at a place i worked. we looked for articles on certain products. this was in one of the major rags. they ran it full auto until it was glowing im pretty sure they said and then dunked it. like i said, it may have been classified as a aflash supressor and just happened to quiet the report. i just thought it was nice and beefy, easy to care for, lol.

The Silencerco Osprey line is pretty slick! I would check into those.
Check with Bryon at M3 - he has them in stock last time I spoke with him to make my order.

Yeah, if it was in a magazine it probably wasn't from Griffin Armament (Hearing Protection LLC). I don't think he's even tested his square turd to failure according to his posts on other forums. I'm afraid someone is going to slap his suppressor on a 10.5" M16 and end up injuring themselves.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Griffin has the zero one, but from the looks of it I wouldn't give him three cents for it. Plus there what the whole fiasco where he engraved "Front Toward Arabs" on a batch of cans without the knowledge of the customers that bought them. The zero one looks like an accident waiting to happen IMO. </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yeah, if it was in a magazine it probably wasn't from Griffin Armament (Hearing Protection LLC). I don't think he's even tested his square turd to failure according to his posts on other forums. I'm afraid someone is going to slap his suppressor on a 10.5" M16 and end up injuring themselves. </div></div>

The "One-Zero" is TIG filler rod welded and heat treat stress relieved 100% inconel 625. The material holds 75% of its room temperature strength to 1200F. The bore is wire EDM machined to final dimensions. To call it a turd in a market where lesser materials and construction methods are considered fine is biased.

The name One-Zero is a Vietnam era SOG Recon Team leaders title. It's not named "10" spelled out. Not too many people get the name so I guess it was a bit ambiguous. Oh well. I like the name.

i wish i could recall anymore than i have stated. it was a pretty slick looking unit. i have no clue, ive never thought about getting a can until lately. id have to see what people have and how they feel about them. ive noticed there is a wide range of prices also

Square.....in a world finally figuring out that self front purge baffle sets are the future and anything that doesn't provide superb gas flow (corners do not) is junk design...in a world spending time tuning frequency by baffle and chamber (square doesn't work).....in a world that finally understands that inconnel is only one of a number of materials that can very readily do the job and some of the best new materials may not not rely on metals at all....huge gas volume cans, some longer than the host itself, old trough designs, some out of 100% aluminum...... no, hell no.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsydlooknin75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Suppressor Professor aka Cara has a 9mm black box on a Nighthawk 9mm 1911 that is dead fucking sexy and sounds AWESOME.</div></div>

I'd like to see/hear that!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The "One-Zero" is TIG filler rod welded and heat treat stress relieved 100% inconel 625. The material holds 75% of its room temperature strength to 1200F. The bore is wire EDM machined to final dimensions. To call it a turd in a market where lesser materials and construction methods are considered fine is biased.

The name One-Zero is a Vietnam era SOG Recon Team leaders title. It's not named "10" spelled out. Not too many people get the name so I guess it was a bit ambiguous. Oh well. I like the name. </div></div>

That's good to know. I thought it was 10 in binary meaning 2, like #2, you know, turd.

Have you tested it to failure by any chance? What did it take to blow up the can? I'm glad it is made of Inconel, but being square just looks like an accident waiting to happen. Did you design it yourself? Do you have and engineering background or did you design it in conjunction with an engineer?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

Square.....in a world finally figuring out that self front purge baffle sets are the future and anything that doesn't provide superb gas flow (corners do not) is junk design...in a world spending time tuning frequency by baffle and chamber (square doesn't work).....in a world that finally understands that inconnel is only one of a number of materials that can very readily do the job and some of the best new materials may not not rely on metals at all....huge gas volume cans, some longer than the host itself, old trough designs, some out of 100% aluminum...... no, hell no.

</div></div>

The barrel bore itself provides supremely superb flow. It doesn't suppress sound at all.

i find the price on the .30 cal griffin rifle model on closeout very attractive. under $300. anyone use one of these?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i find the price on the .30 cal griffin rifle model on closeout very attractive. under $300. anyone use one of these? </div></div>

We sold the last one today so they are gone. A replacement model is ~6-12 months out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RollingThunder51</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..

</div></div>

I think Silencerco has a good thing going and would disprove your theory of a squared suppressor is not going to perform well. Here is a demo of the can being shot and I do not hear a difference vs. the round cans. Also talk with Bryon at M3 he has tested the Osprey and found it to perform BETTER then most round cans....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JhZHIfXrX4

If AWC made it, it would be the greatest thing ever!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I think Silencerco has a good thing going and would disprove your theory of a squared suppressor is not going to perform well. Here is a demo of the can being shot and I do not hear a difference vs. the round cans. Also talk with Bryon at M3 he has tested the Osprey and found it to perform BETTER then most round cans....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JhZHIfXrX4 </div></div>

The difference being a rifle round and a pistol round. Square shapes are poor pressure vessels. Square can work just fine with the muzzle pressures and gas volumes of pistol rounds, but with a rifle round, there is just too much pressure. Once you introduce the heat a 5.56 AR generates, it can be a recipe for catastrophic failure.

He won't answer weather or not it has even been tested to failure so no one knows exactly what that is.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: $KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JhZHIfXrX4 </div></div>

The difference being a rifle round and a pistol round. Square shapes are poor pressure vessels. Square can work just fine with the muzzle pressures and gas volumes of pistol rounds, but with a rifle round, there is just too much pressure. Once you introduce the heat a 5.56 AR generates, it can be a recipe for catastrophic failure.

He won't answer weather or not it has even been tested to failure so no one knows exactly what that is. </div></div>

There is no point to publishing numbers online that will encourage people to abuse a product. The manual has guidelines for safe use and that information is what the end users need in order to help keep them happy with good silencer longevity and relative freedom from fear of baffle strikes.

Gemtech has high speed cameras and could tell you a few things about the lack of bullet stability and how early in rapid fire that begins to occur in short barrels.

Bullets begin to yaw very excessively [to the point of threatening .300" bores] in as little as 95 rounds on automatic in conjunction with 10.5" barrels. Longer barrels exhibit greater stability, so they permit slightly higher fire schedules with relative safety. Those longer barrels also have lower bullet exit pressures.

If you really want to know how much abuse the product will take, I suggest you buy one and destroy it yourself. For me to publish information that will inevitably result in excessive abuse of our products is of no benefit to me.

Most shoulder fired infantry weapons have published rate of fire limitations. The M4 carbine has a maximum sustained rate of fire of 12-15 rounds per minute. Silencers will only accelerate heating so exceeding that limit "sustained" will damage your rifle with or without a suppressor. Off the top of my head rapid for the M4 carbine is ~45 rounds per minute for 2-3 minutes.

If you got out and deployed somewhere you would learn how very very rare it is that combat situations ever require a soldier to exceed the rate of fire limitations of their weapons. To build an excessively large or heavy product would more likely result in casualties from soldiers overburdened with gear and unable to break contact when in strategically disadvantageous terrain.

Another good idea would be to get out and do your own testing to formulate your own opinions rather than recite opinions read on other forums.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If AWC made it, it would be the greatest thing ever! </div></div>

LMFAO!!!! I was thinking along those lines but you beat me to it!!!

LMAO!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
There is no point to publishing numbers online that will encourage people to abuse a product. The manual has guidelines for safe use and that information is what the end users need in order to help keep them happy with good silencer longevity and relative freedom from fear of baffle strikes.

Gemtech has high speed cameras and could tell you a few things about the lack of bullet stability and how early in rapid fire that begins to occur in short barrels.

Bullets begin to yaw very excessively [to the point of threatening .300" bores] in as little as 95 rounds on automatic in conjunction with 10.5" barrels. Longer barrels exhibit greater stability, so they permit slightly higher fire schedules with relative safety. Those longer barrels also have lower bullet exit pressures.

If you really want to know how much abuse the product will take, I suggest you buy one and destroy it yourself. For me to publish information that will inevitably result in excessive abuse of our products is of no benefit to me.

Most shoulder fired infantry weapons have published rate of fire limitations. The M4 carbine has a maximum sustained rate of fire of 12-15 rounds per minute. Silencers will only accelerate heating so exceeding that limit "sustained" will damage your rifle with or without a suppressor. Off the top of my head rapid for the M4 carbine is ~45 rounds per minute for 2-3 minutes.

If you got out and deployed somewhere you would learn how very very rare it is that combat situations ever require a soldier to exceed the rate of fire limitations of their weapons. To build an excessively large or heavy product would more likely result in casualties from soldiers overburdened with gear and unable to break contact when in strategically disadvantageous terrain.

Another good idea would be to get out and do your own testing to formulate your own opinions rather than recite opinions read on other forums.
</div></div>

Or I could just form an opinion based on what I know as an engineer. It shouldn't just be able to handle the "average" rate of fire. You better damn well be expecting users to abuse the product. It should be able to handle a shit storm so it is guaranteed to handle the typical rigors of use. At least in my opinion. Where did you get your degree in engineering?

Send me one of your cans and I'll test it to failure. I'll even pay for the tax stamp and provide the ammo. My dealer is Major Malfunction.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Or I could just form an opinion based on what I know as an engineer. It shouldn't just be able to handle the "average" rate of fire. You better damn well be expecting users to abuse the product. It should be able to handle a shit storm so it is guaranteed to handle the typical rigors of use. At least in my opinion. Where did you get your degree in engineering?

Send me one of your cans and I'll test it to failure. I'll even pay for the tax stamp and provide the ammo. My dealer is Major Malfunction. </div></div>

You say what you know as an engineer like you are qualified by some level of experience as a silencer designer. How many 5.56 suppressors have you designed? Probably none. Being an engineer in one field doesn't qualify you as an expert in another.

How many silencers have you tested to failure?

If you were a trusted testing authority [which you are not] and had an HK 416 and a plan to test Surefire, AAC, Gemtech, KAC and my product that would be a reason to send you a product. I've offered to supply a unit to silencer research for a comparison with an M4-2000 in the 416 durability test. AAC wouldn't supply a silencer.

I don't blame them or any other manufacturer. The test can't be passed without resorting to a louder than stock .375" or .5" bore. That of course is counterproductive- the flash and sound signature will increase dramatically. What can be done is what we and others have done- design excellent silencers within the confines of the ammo/weapon limitations that cannot be altered and make them as reasonably light as possible through the use of a very strong and high temperature resistant alloys.

There is nothing magical about any product on the market. When bullets fly sideways the silencer will fail.

I recently got a call from a 10 year ex ranger with experience as a B4 (sniper). In the course of our discussion he mentioned Surefire silencers and he said he didn't think much of them. I asked why and he told me a story of how his unit was issued Surefire 21 ounce belt fed rated silencers for their Para Saws. He said he was told they were rated for 5, 100 round belts and that on his first range orientation with the product ~50 rounds into his second 100 round belt the tube bulged and his rounds started impacting 3 meters to the left at 100 meters.

The Surefire product may very well take 500 rounds in the absence of baffle contact. The Para saw on FN's website is listed as having a 14.5" barrel. That doesn't conflict with Gemtech's high speed camera and bullet yaw studies. This is not a suppressor problem. This is a limitation of 5.56 ammunition.

I've qualified with Para saws. The qualification is problematic to the extent the Army has reduced range from 1000 meters to 450 or 500meters. The 20" barrel could deliver reasonable accuracy for a reasonable amount of rounds, the para saw shoots patterns like a shotgun. You aim, squeeze the trigger and hope one of the rounds finds the target.

I never claimed to be an expert in the silencer field. I do however have experience in the study of shape properties and materials. You don't have to be an experienced silencer designer to see that a square pressure vessel is a poor design. As long winded as your posts are, you really don't say anything.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dustingaunder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I never claimed to be an expert in the silencer field. I do however have experience in the study of shape properties and materials. You don't have to be an experienced silencer designer to see that a square pressure vessel is a poor design. As long winded as your posts are, you really don't say anything. </div></div>

Despite the lack of relevant experience you have and the derogatory nature of your comments, I've tried to help you understand a little better what the major mechanism of 5.56 suppressor failure is and that it is mechanical interaction and not pressure. How's this for saying something?

Definition of "pressure vessle" [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_vessel"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_vessel[/url]
"A pressure vessel is a closed container designed to hold gases or liquids at a pressure substantially different from the ambient pressure."

That doesn't describe a firearm suppressor. A suppressor is not a closed container.

Those look like screws. The shape is rectangular- the plate is flat.

Maybe this is the article you were looking for? It stands to reason it's a gemtech product.
stt11.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Despite the lack of relevant experience you have and the derogatory nature of your comments, I've tried to help you understand a little better what the major mechanism of 5.56 suppressor failure is and that it is mechanical interaction and not pressure. How's this for saying something?

Definition of "pressure vessle" [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_vessel"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pressure_vessel[/url]
"A pressure vessel is a closed container designed to hold gases or liquids at a pressure substantially different from the ambient pressure."

That doesn't describe a firearm suppressor. A suppressor is not a closed container. </div></div>

A major failure mechanism in 5.56 suppressors isn't pressure sure, but they're all round. I'm concerned that it will be an issue in your design because it IS a square shape and not round. That is where you're missing the point. Your design is different. It may be groundbreaking, but it looks dangerous.

Maybe it isn't technically a pressure vessel, but considering the amount of pressure it contains momentarily it is a good analogy. It could easily be modeled as a pressure vessel that is rapidly filled and emptied. It isn't a far reach to call it a pressure vessel during the impulse of hot gasses from a gun shot. At steady state of course it isn't a pressure vessel, but during the transient period it is very much like one.

I don't know why you act as though silencer development is extremely mysterious and exclusive. I've done some drawing and simulation and it really isn't that difficult. As far as efficiency, you design something with certain things in mind. Then you simulate it and if it looks good on paper you prototype it. If it doesn't meet expectations you tweak it, and repeat. The real challenge is designing something that is manufacturable. Silencer design and production isn't rocket surgery.

I do apologize for calling your design a turd. That was uncalled for.

Those look like screws. The shape is rectangular- the plate is flat.

Maybe this is the article you were looking for? It stands to reason it's a gemtech product.
stt11.jpg
</div></div>

finaly....nice looking cans( i mean your cans). i have been saying for years that someone needs to build square cans...it just makes sence....now how they preform on a sniper rifle and at distance i would like to see.

and thank you for being a part of this forum. i like manufatuers that get involved in forums like this.

Silencer design isn't extremely mysterious or rocket science. I wasn't trying to imply it was. I think that is a misconception surrounding silencers that some companies have happily promoted. There is high art that can be involved and integrated into designs, but simpler designs can work also. We're definitely not working with napkin drawings, and there is a lot of expensive technology involved in development, but that isn't to say nothing brilliant was ever born in a persons mind and transferred to a napkin.

I do think that working with suppressors is critical to understanding them. I've learned through experience that there are some ways that silencers have engineering issues other products don't have. pressure isn't normal from one side of a chamber to the other for instance. Porting in the wrong areas can lead to component failures. Concepts of unrelated products may or may not carry over to suppressors.

I understand and appreciate your concern but we haven't sold any square silencers and are testing them. The intention is not to field dangerous products. Nor do I believe they are dangerous products. The products were designed to be as durable as is reasonably possible without excessive weight. Afterall just about anyone can make a durable heavy suppressor and many people have.

I think it would be better to stay on topic and we should remove ourselves from this thread in the interest of discussion of the silencer the poster was trying to learn more about. If you have further concerns shoot me a PM or e-mail.

Agreed. I'll admit you catch a bad rap on some of the forums. But I think you've shown me that you are a decent guy or at least can be. If there is ever anything I can do for you don't hesitate to ask.

How many silencers have you tested to failure?

If you were a trusted testing authority [which you are not] and had an HK 416 and a plan to test Surefire, AAC, Gemtech, KAC and my product that would be a reason to send you a product. I've offered to supply a unit to silencer research for a comparison with an M4-2000 in the 416 durability test. AAC wouldn't supply a silencer.

</div></div>

I wouldn't send anything to John either after seeing this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjiDtrA3P8A&feature=player_embedded

That is professional. Almost as professional as front towards arab.

Wow! With that video, I just lost respect for him based on his lack of professionalism.

I'm going to start shooting thru a hole in my desk as well. so I cant see what Im shooting at nor if my can is rotating off the barrel.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to start shooting thru a hole in my desk as well. so I cant see what Im shooting at nor if my can is rotating off the barrel. </div></div>

It was reasonable proactive to use some means of personal protection in a very abusive test.

There is no reason to watch for the silencer to remain on the barrel in that test- the test can't be terminated, and the product can't be tightened at 1000+F. If the silencer is mounted in accordance with the user manual and the silencer rotates loose during the test that is a mounting system failure. The loosening of the silencer on the mount was probably caused by baffle strikes from marginally stable bullet flight.

I think the presence of the un-restrained dog was a mistake and the presence of a dog near a firearm is probably a bad idea given dogs have better hearing than humans and don't wear ear protectors.

My point was more along the lines of... a test of one product is meaningless without companion tests of other products to compare that to. People formulate opinions based on results like this and those are not properly referenced opinions without testing of other industry products which would permit people to quantify the observations and form reasonable expectations of quality products based on comparison with known quality industry products.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HPLLC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338$</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm going to start shooting thru a hole in my desk as well. so I cant see what Im shooting at nor if my can is rotating off the barrel. </div></div>

It was reasonable proactive to use some means of personal protection in a very abusive test. </div></div>

Agreed but......NEVER EVER EVER SHOOT without knowing your target. At least look over the table. I see no excuse for such negligence.

In Johns defense there was a lot of open ground around where he lives so the target area might have been clear for two miles behind the table (far enough a bullet could not reach anything important).

It's hard to say without having been there to see the video shot.

More square can video:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

that vidio showed me a person with bad gun handeling and the dog was not good but not even looking where the rounds were landing unforgivable. even if there were 2 miles behind the backstop he did not know that the dog was infront where the bullets were going what if someone walked infront of him?

Not goo i would be not show the world a video like that if i was dumb enough to make it in the first place.

And what did it prove? Nothing other than you will get a baffel strike if you over heat the barrel of the rifle you are using in full auto and high rated semi auto fire. If i fired my rifle like that in the Army i would have been sent to jail i am sure the US would also be the same a total waste of ammo in a military situation shot placement is better than burning out a rifles bore so i dont think any parts of it have merit. Also after it placing the ruined supressor into the stream i can only think of the damage to the rifles bore and gas system fron the high amount of steem that it would have retained while white hot another bad thing.

I hope he paid for the can and it was not given to him to test as it was a waste of money to do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atomic Lab Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More square can video:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

is his finger on the trigger?

and i hope to god he was shooting into a berm. at least thats what i said while i watched the video. and i also said, oh god please dont shoot the doggie. i said that last part alot, but yeah...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that vidio showed me a person with bad gun handeling and the dog was not good but not even looking where the rounds were landing unforgivable. even if there were 2 miles behind the backstop he did not know that the dog was infront where the bullets were going what if someone walked infront of him?

Not goo i would be not show the world a video like that if i was dumb enough to make it in the first place.

And what did it prove? Nothing other than you will get a baffel strike if you over heat the barrel of the rifle you are using in full auto and high rated semi auto fire. If i fired my rifle like that in the Army i would have been sent to jail i am sure the US would also be the same a total waste of ammo in a military situation shot placement is better than burning out a rifles bore so i dont think any parts of it have merit. Also after it placing the ruined supressor into the stream i can only think of the damage to the rifles bore and gas system fron the high amount of steem that it would have retained while white hot another bad thing.

I hope he paid for the can and it was not given to him to test as it was a waste of money to do that.

</div></div>

What are you rambling on about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and i hope to god he was shooting into a berm. at least thats what i said while i watched the video. and i also said, oh god please dont shoot the doggie. i said that last part alot, but yeah...</div></div>

What dog are you guys talking about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Atomic Lab Rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">More square can video:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/09Y89QJkzaE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

is his finger on the trigger? </div></div>

Not at all! The gun was being mechanically cleared. Youtube picked that still as the thumbnail for the video. Did you watch the video?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Wild_Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that vidio showed me a person with bad gun handeling and the dog was not good but not even looking where the rounds were landing unforgivable. even if there were 2 miles behind the backstop he did not know that the dog was infront where the bullets were going what if someone walked infront of him?

</div></div>

What are you rambling on about?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AXEMAN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and i hope to god he was shooting into a berm. at least thats what i said while i watched the video. and i also said, oh god please dont shoot the doggie. i said that last part alot, but yeah...</div></div>

What dog are you guys talking about? </div></div>

Take a look at the first video not the square can pistol video and rethink your post.

those are pretty cool looking

New here, but I recently saw a how-to project on another website(sorry didn't bookmark it). Anyhow the guy showed how he built a square-tube suppressor for his Uzi using 2" cold-rolled steel and folded 2" flat-stock for the baffles. It seemed like a pretty neat design although it did seem to me to be a little heavy. Again this was strickly for a pistol cartridge, but it was a tight little build - and took him ~two hours start to finish.