• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Who'd a Thought You Couldn't find J-Frames?

Highground

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2008
Michigan
It seems that everytime I decide I want something, I can't find it and if i'm not looking for something, I see them all over.

I decided to pick up another J frame recently after selling one years ago. Think I could find one locally? OK...I can somewhat understand the run on black guns, but S&W snubbies? Can you get any farther apart on the gun spectrum?! None of the local shops had them(maybe a few with hammers) and even the two police supply shops in the area didn't have them and have had them on order for months.

I ended up finding a M&P 340(just what I was looking for)at an unlikely place. Maybe it's just in my area.

Re: Who'd a Thought You Couldn't find J-Frames?

Nope, it's the same here, I've seen some of the MP340 type guns lately and they are priced at a premium, and tough to find. Also I think S&W has increased their prices on a lot of the J frame guns esp. the specialty (scandium, scandium & ti etc) 357's such as the 340. What surprised me is 38/357 ammo is really hard to find. I suppose there's a lot of guys with "pocket" guns that want to make sure they have ammo, but you wouldn't think many guys are going to the range killing a couple hundred rounds out of their J frames.