• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's had the "Deadly China Virus"? And how bad was it really?

I was sick for 2 days and then remodeled my garage into a reloading room. No energy was the worst symptom. Mild sinus and cough. I did lose my sense of taste and smell for several weeks. Whiskey tasted very mild and everything else tasted like absolutely nothing.

My fiancé had it almost a year ago. She had a cough for a day, sneezing the day before, and then on the day she got tested, low grade fever, her hospital requested her get tested and she was positive. That day she got tested she had issues breathing and couldn’t smell as well. The lack of smell and taste and issues breathing persisted for 2 weeks roughly though her work deemed her fit for duty in 3 days with no fever although she could hardly walk up the stairs without being out of breath at our house.

She got it from her friend who didn’t know she was sick, and my fiancé shared a drink with her at the bar about a week and a half prior to getting sick. Her friend was diagnosed a couple days after sharing said drink.

I obviously live with my fiancé, we sleep in the same bed, more often than not we share drinks because she steals my shit, and we do all the lovey shit young folks do. I never got sick. Not so much as a sniffle or a cough, nada. I called my mom to see if she knew my blood type and she thinks it’s an O type. Didn’t remember if it was + or - though. I don’t like needles so I haven’t bothered to get blood typed or donate or anything.

My fiancé has since had the vaccine (both rounds) as she works for the hospital as a nurse.

I run nursing homes and my patients were all fine round 1. Round two over Christmas we had 8 expire, but they were very compromised to begin with.

I had it and worked everyday with it, my son was very sensitive which was weird and salt was salty for a day.

My ugly twin had it, who is an ER doc, no big deal . Parents were fine, mom was in bed.

My wife and kids never got it.

Vaccine kicked my trash, had Covid all over again for 3 days one dose 1. Dose 2 was a bad head ache.

Very mild, and yes masks work!!!! Ha ha ha what a joke. 80% of my staff had Covid over Christmas

My oldest daughter (13) tested positive last Monday. Says worst part so far is the headache. She’s been tired and lost her taste. I had to get tested Friday for work. Other than having a headache that comes and goes, and getting winded easier than normal, nothing out of the ordinary yet. So far not too bad. Hopefully it stays the same.

I had it, felt a little sick for a few days. Honestly, I've had worse hangovers. Still can't smell anything after 3 months.

My 73 year old "neighbor" died from COVID complications last month. He had tested positive, but was home at rest. His wife waited until he was unresponsive before she called the ambulance, so who knows if he would still be alive if he had made it to an ER in time.

• Sad
Reactions: Foul Mike
I had it... had fever so got tested. had low energy and outta breath for a bit. lost sense of smell for a little bit. didnt realize it until i suddenly realized i wasn't smelling gasoline while fueling up. my wife never ended up getting it. I've had worse flu

I tested positive on Friday 5 Feb. Was never particularly sick. Had a cough and 2 days of low grade fever. Never above 101. My whole house got it except my wife, who has had the vaccine (she's a shrink in the state hospital for the criminally insane.) She didn't have a choice in taking it. Our house is my wife and myself, around 40 in age, inlaws; late 60s, and 9 month old twins. Noone has been particularly sick and the worst of symptoms was done in 2-3 days. My question for those others who have been confirmed to have it... How bad was it really?
I had it twice, once in January 2020 and again July 2020. Both times I would get exhausted quickly with basic activities. I had temps of 101-102 for a few days. Both times I passed it onto my family, as you can carry it without symptoms. My in-laws aged 75 and 80 both got it and did ok as long as they relaxed. side note, my sense of taste, smell and hearing in one ear has been off since then, but it is coming back slowly.
watch your temps and relax, take vitamins, eat well and fluids.

Had an ear infection (ear felt like it was underwater). Telehealth doc said it was the "rona", but I never got tested. He prescribed over the counter meds like Mucinex, Allegra (double dose), and an oral antibiotic for a week and all was good.

Tested positive on Nov 26th. If this is the plague of the 21st century I want my money back- felt like spring allergies for a few days.
now I’m reading death from the WhuFlu has been greatly over counted- as much as 40%, . Crazy

I had it 2 weeks ago. I lost my sense of smell and taste Saturday night and by that Thursday night I had it back. Those were the only symptoms I had.
So basically for 5 days my food tasted bad and my farts did not smell bad. Even trade.

• Haha
I had it, I had the shakes so bad I couldn't stop until I went into my hot tub for 1 hour at 106 after that I was GTG. Following that I had fatigue for days, I would go to bed at 6 for 5 days straight and then I coughed up crap for a few weeks.

I had mine in June. If I had paid to get the virus, I'd be asking for my money back. 2 days of feeling weird, 2 days of aches and pains, and 4 hours of 100.4 temp of day 1 of the aches and pains.

As I told my oncologist when I had cancer "I don't have time for this crap, I'm very busy". That was 28 years ago. I didn't have time for cancer and I didn't have time for the Wuhan Flu.

There are certain foods that while i still get a lot of their true flavor, I'm also finding some other chemical-like taste to it

This is strange.
I didn't lose my sense of taste but a couple days, but this was before they were saying this was a definite symptom.
However, I've had a couple strains of flu, and numerous virus colds, and this was not the first time I've ever lost my sense of taste and smell.

But to your words I quoted....this is new.
I didn't think anything of it, I just thought it was bad milk and bad cheese.
Dairy products have recently started tasting off, and yes...a chemical taste. You and I aren't exactly a large statistic sample, but I think people talking like we are is very important going forward.
The other caveat is not everyone who had it loses their taste and smell. Covid is not the only virus that brings this symptom.

Reactions: supercorndogs
I haven’t had it, know several that have.

A very good friend of mine and his wife had it.
Now he’s tough as a boot, 48 healthy, has worked hard all his life and it like to have taken him down. Never was admitted but took two trips to the ER to get him over the hump, 4 1/2 weeks. Stated he felt like he’d been ran over by a freight train. Changed his mind from the first outlook he had about it, nothing more than the flu, can’t be that bad...
His wife was out every day tending the horses, taking care of the place, she never missed a beat..

It seems to effect people differently...

I haven’t had it, know several that have.

A very good friend of mine and his wife had it.
Now he’s tough as a boot, 48 healthy, has worked hard all his life and it like to have taken him down. Never was admitted but took two trips to the ER to get him over the hump, 4 1/2 weeks. Stated he felt like he’d been ran over by a freight train. Changed his mind from the first outlook he had about it, nothing more than the flu, can’t be that bad...
His wife was out every day tending the horses, taking care of the place, she never missed a beat..

It seems to effect people differently...
not unlike the seasonal flu, the cdc says tens of millions get it every year, but only a small percentage go to hospital or die from it.

Reactions: ChristianSilver
I'm 47 and been a pretty heavy smoker for 35 years, I only exercise vigorously once a month but I'm not overweight and the rest of my weeks I spend enough time lifting servers for it to count as exercise. I felt just fine Friday at 04:00. By 10:00am I had to leave work or I figured I might not make it home without help. By 2pm I was shivering under electric blankets and incapable of even walking without help and with an unproductive hacking cough and shortness of breath that developed to be quite concerning by day 3. On day 6 I went to the doctor who told me to go home. On day 7 the fever broke totally and suddenly. By day 20 the cough was totally gone.

If your lungs are jacked up, this is a dangerous cold. If not, it's just a cold. Either way, it's just a damned cold.

My wife never got it despite waiting on me hand and foot for 7 days. I did sleep on the couch but only because I couldn't walk to bed.

The only thing I had from it after testing positive was losing most of my sense of smell.
That lasted about a week no other symptoms.
Nobody else in my home got it or tested positive.

Last edited:
The only thing I had from it was losing most of my sense of smell.
That lasted about a week no other symptoms.
Nobody else in my home got it or tested positive.
loss of smell or taste can be a sign of zinc deficiency.
you may want to add supplements to your diet as zinc is needed for a healthy immune system and obviously some people are more or less prone to have enough based on diet and other factors.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
My Squaw and I had it Dec. /Jan before it was a known thing. She got it when she just had to go see the ice sculptures in Breckenridge and was sitting next to a Chinese tourist on a shuttle bus that was coughing and sneezing, a few days later Squaw was sick and a few days after that I was sick. Later verified with antibody tests to be Covid when they were first doing those things. I got that test as I wanted to donate plasma if it would help others.
I had not been that sick since I had malaria in RVN 69. I had breathing problems and coughing to the point I was afraid I was going to hack a lung loose and she was no better. I have recovered but she is still fighting the breathing problems and was never a long term smoker. On O2 now.
I do find myself short of breath sometimes so I am sure it took it's toll.

There is something fucked up about the reporting of deaths from this shit as I have lost 3 friends that cause of death was listed as Covid.

1. 96 years old in an old folks home had no symtoms but was listed as a Covid death. 96 years old had nothing to do with it, it was Covid.
2. 69 years old with stage 4-6+ cancer clear through his whole body and diabetic, his cause of death is listed as Covid. Cancer had nothing to do with it.
3. 78 years old and smoked more than a pack a day til the day he died and had high end of lung cancer. He too died of Covid. Cancer again had nothing to do with it.

I was told that if the patient dies of Covid the hospital gets a Gov. payment but don't know if that is true.

I hope it is not true but am leaning on that is a fact until someone tells me different.

loss of smell or taste can be a sign of zinc deficiency.
you may want to add supplements to your diet as zinc is needed for a healthy immune system and obviously some people are more or less prone to have enough based on diet and other factors.

I lost most of my sense of smell about 5 days after testing positive. After about a week it came back and I have been fine.

it is absolutely true that hospitals get extra money for covid cases.

• Love
Wife and I have it right now. She’s a school teacher and brought it home from school. My symptoms started Monday with chills and mild fever. Now just have a little congestion. It really hasn’t been that bad, fingers crossed. Maybe a little fatigue but not bad. But I have zero taste or smell. My wife’s smell and taste has already started coming back. Hope it’s about over for me.

Wife and I have it right now. She’s a school teacher and brought it home from school. My symptoms started Monday with chills and mild fever. Now just have a little congestion. It really hasn’t been that bad, fingers crossed. Maybe a little fatigue but not bad. But I have zero taste or smell. My wife’s smell and taste has already started coming back. Hope it’s about over for me.
take zinc, and vitamin c and d, or at least a multi if you have any. give your own body a chance to fight it by making sure it has the tools it needs.

I and my wife both pushing 60 got it January 9th of this year. I tested positive, the wife did not test but she had the symptoms. My temp ran mostly 99 but then it was up and down and topped out at 102.6.
I ended up in the emergency room five days after coming down with it. They gave me an antibody treatment and said I should be good to go.

I came home and went to bed I woke up about four hours later confused as hell. I got up and sat in my chair looked at my wife's Christmas clock and told her it was broke at 4 o'clock. I then asked her if she was going to make coffee thinking that it was 4am. Wife gave me the deer in the head light look and said it was 4pm.

She checked my oxygen level and it was 80 so back to the emergency we went. I was in the hospital for five days. I'm 30 pounds overweight and have high blood pressure. She said when she dropped me off at the emergency room that she was seeing me for the last time.

Heard a coworker that had been admitted the day before I was, hollering for help die at the age of 25 he weighed about 350 pounds and may have had other issues.

Monday Fourteen days after coming down with It I still felt a little shitty but went back to work thinking it was the end of it and just needed to work through it. The second day Tuesday I literally coughed for ten hours every breath. I got home and went to bed and slept for about 22 hours. Wednesday I had a Dr appointment. He said my lungs sounded good. Thursday I was back to coughing my guts up my wife called the Dr trying to get me some cough syrup that I had asked for. The Dr prescribed Albuterol which I have already.

I was coughing so hard I either separated a rib or bruised them on my left side.
That sucked trying to get comfortable in bed to go to sleep it was a two hour toss and turn.
The following Wednesday six days later I had another Dr appointment. I was not improving he put me on a steroid pack and a strong cough syrup. Almost five weeks of feeling like shit and now I'm short of energy.

My wife had some fever and lost some energy but is doing way better than I did. We both lost taste and smell. The only thing I could taste was sweet stuff.

Myself and a good buddy had it back when it first started, he had a high fever I didnt but the coughing was awful, we both ended up with severely pulled muscles from coughing. Two club members had fever and very bad headaches after being diagnosed.
and it was fatal for two other friends

• Sad
take zinc, and vitamin c and d, or at least a multi if you have any. give your own body a chance to fight it by making sure it has the tools it needs.
Add selenium. Its supposed to keep the virus from attaching to the cell wall.

My 19 year old son got it. He had a fever, (101 like the op) for about 36 hours and that was it.
I had a friend that got it and it killed him.

• Sad
Once my senses returned to normal, I was good for a very long time. Recently though, my sense of smell & taste have started to do weird shit. There are certain foods that while i still get a lot of their true flavor, I'm also finding some other chemical-like taste to it. Same thing goes for odors. A lot of things smell normal, but a few of them have that chemical-like hint to it. I think this is just how I'm going to live on for the rest of my life but i dont know. It's weird how many months after, this is now happening so maybe this virus has some post recovery effects to it.

I don't know which is worse, no sense of taste at all or the fact that everything is beginning to taste like formaldehyde. Maybe that means my sense of taste is coming back? Don't know, but it is getting old, think I tested positive 6 weeks ago.

I have very close friends and family who have had it.
Varies from mild/no symptoms to death.

Some 60-70 year olds recovered after just a week of fever and flu like symptoms.
Friends in their 30-50s were hospitalized for weeks/months and even died.
Those who were sick or died, varied from being reasonably healthy to having other health issues, but nothing so bad that they would have died from the flu.

Back when I first started dialysis, I came home to SEVERE chills, a 101 degree fever, a sore throat, head ache and muscle aches. I felt better the next day. Had to get tested before returning to dialysis. Test came back negative. I seriously doubt this was nothing but COVID. But the test came back negative, so I went to dialysis the next scheduled appointment.

I may have had it already, don't know, but, two months ago, I had started to cough up some crap and thought it was just smokers cough (which I don't have), hacked crap for two weeks, then it went away and I have been fine since. I do know, I've been wearing the same gauze mask, that I started with and it's 10.5 mo. old. I've been out in public, docs office, all the home-improvement stores, restaurants, etc. and I ain't dead yet. Mac:unsure:

I had it just after Christmas. First symptom was fatigue, then a headache and sensitive skin for a day, then chills. Lost smell on day 4. Swabbed day 5. Back to work day 10. No cough, GI symptoms or dyspnea.

It was like a really bad flu with a lot of fatigue.

Sense of smell nearly normalized after 8 weeks. Energy levels near normal. Still have not regained my physical strength completely.

How many have a cold or the Flu this year?

I know a couple dozen who have tested positive. One who got pretty sick, about 5 who lost smell or taste, and 2 who are listed as having died from it, whom almost certainly did not die from it.

My dad had it the same time frame as Foul Mike. Must have been running through CO again. My father in law had an unknown viral lung infection in the NOV time frame. He had a lingering cough for a month or so. His brothers cough lingered on for months. The doctor told them it was something new, they didn't know what it was but had been seeing a lot of it.

Same story in the office last year. A "bad cold/flu" went through. Some people got sick, some had a sniffle. It was the worst cold I have had, if it wasn't the dreaded COVID. I missed 2 days of work.

I am 53 and in decent shape. I woke up with a bad headache on October 28th. The wife and I got back from 5 days in the ozarks for our 32nd wedding anniversary the night before. I got tested on the 29th and was told I was positive on the 31st. We shared everything we ate on the trip, had sex daily, and my wife never got it. I was mono like tired for a week or more and then had some stomache issues. Lost part of my sense of taste and still can't smell a thing today. I did smell burning rubber for 2-3 days about a month ago. Some things don't taste like before.

One of my 21yr old sons had it after I did. He ran a 102 fever, body aches, headache, and the worst sore throat he has ever had for 3-4 days. He works out and is very healthy, but he was way worse than I was.

No explanation for how it hits some people harder than others. We will probably never know. I know a guy in his 60s that had chemo and radiation for cancer, was tested before cancer surgery and was positive with COVID with allergy like symptoms. He is overweight and is diabetic. I know of 3 people younger than me that had no health issues that died from it and a couple over 80 that hardly had symptoms.

I’ve got it right now. Started off like a sinus infection or mild flu. Congestion, aches, generally felt like crap. Thought it was the normal upper respiratory stuff I seem to get every year. Then I lost my smell and knew I better get tested.

Starting to feel better. Just can’t smell anything which is weird.

My brother had it....not very sick at all. Mild temperature and body aches and coughing. His Wife got it from him and did not go to hospital and took her 3 weeks to get any better. She had problems breathing when walking up stairs even weeks later. She has scarring and stuff in her lungs and has lost 40% of her lung capacity. It's permanent. She's 52.

People 2 doors down got it in December....she had cancer and was not doing well and then got Covid and, well, that was the end of that Journey. She gave it to her husband. Killed him too in a week after she died. They were late 60's - early 70's.

Nephew and his Girl got it...she was barely ill he coughed like crazy and ran a high temp for a week. Both recovered fine. They are mid 20's.

Sister and BIL both got it at the local gym. She was only slightly affected - he is still sicker than crap 3 weeks. Not bad enough to go to the hospital but not feeling well at all and can't kick it. They are early 60's.

The Covid thing seems highly variable. No real way of knowing yet who it will beat up or who will shrug it off. I'll take the vaccine as soon as it's offered as I am constantly exposed working in hospitals, schools, and public places. I don't want it. Talked to a guy at the hospital the other day who told me he is going on a year getting over it - still can't taste or smell properly. Everything tastes like ashes to him. He's lost 30 pounds and not in a good way.

VooDoo

The wife got it, had a cough, and that was it. I got it as well, I'm near 66, smoked for 50 years......lost all sense of smell, and most all sense of taste about a week in. It lasted 3-4 days, and that was it, two week paid vacation.

I had it in mid March.
Had been flying into California a lot and probably got in in San Francisco.
It was pretty bad.
Bad fever
Bad shits
Loss of taste and smell and when it came back is was 3-4 days of a terrible reek like sweet chemical death.
Then I had a solid 6 weeks of pneumonia along with it.

Not fun times

4ylsr6.jpg

1613699885087.jpeg