• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

COVID log

hlee

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jul 14, 2012
    TX
    This is not a ‘woe is me’ thread. Merely my documentation of my experience with the apocalyptic pandemic of our age.

Day 1

I had a scratchy throat yesterday, but really didn‘t think anything about it. Just kind of felt like seasonal allergies. Last night I didn’t sleep that well, and was probably running a fever at some point- as I had the chills- and I developed a mild dry cough. We had an antigen test in the house and I came up positive. My company requires testing for field based employees, and I will confirm the antigen test with the copmpany sponsored test as soon as I can get some delivered. Overall, my current symptoms are very mild body aches, dry cough, and a mild feeling of ‘constriction’ of my airways and lungs. Anyone that has had very mild asthma will understand the feeling. No fever. I still have my sense of taste.

So far, I have been perfectly ambulatory while feeling substantially worse than this. If it weren’t for the continued stigma of coughing in public, I wouldn’t be laid up I bed watching YouTube. And, I’m trying not to get the wife and kids sick.

Yes, I have been vaxed and boosted.

I probably contracted it somewhere between the Uber to the Oakland Airport, and getting in my truck in Houston last week. (I had to take an antigen test every morning before starting work at the customer site.) Figure no more than 4 days from exposure to first symptom (scratchy throat).

Well, if anyone notices that I suddenly drop off the site, you now know why.

Reactions: SilentStalkr
    Do you feel there is less incidence in vaxxed/unvaxxed local peers or inconclusive for infection/re infection?

R

Negative efficacy with the vax…negative.

Last edited:
    well, here is to quick relief of boredom! I hope it don’t get worse. Make sure you keep moving tho and do deep breathing stuff, so I’m told, this helps. I’m not convinced I haven’t had it multiple times and never even knew.

Reactions: hlee
    Do you feel there is less incidence in vaxxed/unvaxxed local peers or inconclusive for infection/re infection?

R
    I don’t ask the vax status of those that I interact with, so I don’t have data from which to opine. I know a number of people that have gotten the covid more than once and survived. Some say it was pretty bad. Others said it was no big deal. I knew one that died- prevax.

I guess I do have some data; 100% of the people whom I knew, that died from Covid, were unvaccinated.

Based upon my lack of reaction to any of the Cov vaccinations that I received, I have concluded that I may have had an asymptomatic case early on.

Honestly, right now, I feel like a very light case of asthma. Something I would “treat” by running until my lungs ‘opened up…’ But, there’s that pesky antigen test telling me that the grim reaper is standing over my shoulder. 🤷

• Haha
    Reactions: PDXGS and wade2big
    This is not a ‘woe is me’ thread. Merely my documentation of my experience with the apocalyptic pandemic of our age.

Day 1

I had a scratchy throat yesterday, but really didn‘t think anything about it. Just kind of felt like seasonal allergies. Last night I didn’t sleep that well, and was probably running a fever at some point- as I had the chills- and I developed a mild dry cough. We had an antigen test in the house and I came up positive. My company requires testing for field based employees, and I will confirm the antigen test with the copmpany sponsored test as soon as I can get some delivered. Overall, my current symptoms are very mild body aches, dry cough, and a mild feeling of ‘constriction’ of my airways and lungs. Anyone that has had very mild asthma will understand the feeling. No fever. I still have my sense of taste.

So far, I have been perfectly ambulatory while feeling substantially worse than this. If it weren’t for the continued stigma of coughing in public, I wouldn’t be laid up I bed watching YouTube. And, I’m trying not to get the wife and kids sick.

I probably contracted it somewhere between the Uber to the Oakland Airport, and getting in my truck in Houston last week. (I had to take an antigen test every morning before starting work at the customer site.) Figure no more than 4 days from exposure to first symptom (scratchy throat).

Well, if anyone notices that I suddenly drop off the site, you now know why.
    Vaxxed and boosted. :ROFLMAO:

Good to know so I can discount your opinion on pretty much everything.

Reactions: SanPatHogger
    Sounds like a cold or hayfever.......how do you know you have covid?

Only way to know its covid is to take one of those BS tests and doing that is like admitting you would gleefully pick fruit from the tree of cocks and eat to your hearts content.

Reactions: wade2big

Only way to know its covid is to take one of those BS tests and doing that is like admitting you would gleefully pick fruit from the tree of cocks and eat to your hearts content.
    He is vaxxed and boosted so.....

Taking a booster as I type….,.

image.jpg

This thread is gayer than the one calling out @TheGerman

Need to be ball gagged to read it.

Where is General?....Im not familiar....never been there.

Sounds like you have been often if you know what happens there.
    I’m on the opposite side if those situations, but yeah I’ve had some experience lol

• Haha
    Reactions: pmclaine

As of day 1, the "common cold" is way worse. To your point on the antigen test...

187561AF-8126-428B-B5E8-4B084E0E6CE7.jpeg

So,
    95% effective... No
    80% effective... No
    70%... No
    20%... Nope
    Will stop you from hospitalized... Not
    Will prevent death from COVID... Nah
    You need the second shot for all of the above.... Nada
    You need the booster shot for all of the above.... Well, no
    So a second booster will prevent..... Ha ha ha not!
    What are the side effects of this experiment? .... Classified!
    What are my options for the failure of this experiment? The same as all the above.... Not a damned thing!!!
    But look on the bright side. It stopped you from infecting others..... Bwaaaahahaha not!
    Well it's because you didn't wear your face diapers.

95% effective... No
    80% effective... No
    70%... No
    20%... Nope
    Will stop you from hospitalized... Not
    Will prevent death from COVID... Nah
    You need the second shot for all of the above.... Nada
    You need the booster shot for all of the above.... Well, no
    So a second booster will prevent..... Ha ha ha not!
    What are the side effects of this experiment? .... Classified!
    What are my options for the failure of this experiment? The same as all the above.... Not a damned thing!!!
    But look on the bright side. It stopped you from infecting others..... Bwaaaahahaha not!
    Well it's because you didn't wear your face diapers.
    Preach!

Last edited:
    You lost me at "this is not a woe is me thread"

The moment I read that...I knew...it was a woe is me thread...otherwise it wouldn't go up.

But don't worry, I am totally not a slut, I just like to have a good time.

That's not really irony, a better title would have prevented this!

Maybe edit it to something like "My Girly Covid Symptom Documentary Thread"

I was hoping for more... I was let down 👎

So you are The Gimp?

Gimps wear ball gags, I said the opposite of that so I wouldn’t be a gimp. I dated some freaky girls that wanted to be tied up and shit

Irony ==> You both clicked on and responded to the thread.
    Aaaaaaaaaa swing and a miss.

I was expecting this to possibly be an updated timeline of the fuckery that took place.

But what I found was a estrogen heavy whine fest swearing it wasn't after attention. Now I gotta suck down these almonds as hard, fast, and gay as I can.

Last fall someone put a goat in my pasture with my cows. I couldn't catch the damned thing to get rid of it so I figured it would eventually leave. It cuddled with the cows in the winter to stay warm and now I believe it thinks that it's a cow.
    Does anyone know how long before it starts bawling like a cow?

Actually, flying is a legitimate risk for DVT's; anyone who has had the jab especially should take ASA or Vit. E before a flight.

Nah, just apply for a refund after the obvious.......wait what?

Actually, flying is a legitimate risk for DVT's; anyone who has had the jab especially should take ASA or Vit. E before a flight.
    Meh I was just making the easy joke for fun

I know we joke about this stuff, but I had it about six weeks ago and it really set my cardio back. I was sick for about three days. Severe sore throat, coughing up green stuff, body aches and fever. The worst part was the fatigue. Just felt like a rung out dishrag all the time. This lasted about four days, and all the stuff went away but the fatigue. I still get short of breath after not much effort. My Doc says I should turn the corner and get over this in the near future. I hope so, I hate my life being hampered like this.