• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Who's the dirty BASTARD that turned my scope down over 4MOA last time I shot?

I have known folks to use guns all their lives and not know how to adjust a scopes and they could not work out why they missed the target when it was spot on during other shots,

Pretty easy to see how this can happen if you can go and buy a gun without a requirement to prove competence or to have any practical training prior to the purchase.

But locking the thread seems a little extreme - it is one way to point out the issue, not just to the OP but to others who may have the same questions....

This has taken a turn for the weird. It seems we have an Aussie telling us about the US Constitution and a Brit condemning being able to purchase firearms without a license or proficiency test. With that I'm out.

Good job Gorski, ya fuck! :rolleyes: Your BS has created an international scandal!

Last edited:
Pretty easy to see how this can happen if you can go and buy a gun without a requirement to prove competence or to have any practical training prior to the purchase.

But locking the thread seems a little extreme - it is one way to point out the issue, not just to the OP but to others who may have the same questions....

Long before permits and gun control you never needed such things and It was better then, Then they bought in firearms licences and now you need all kinds of permits etc, its just Another way of getting money from good people, We never had to prove competancey when you wanted to buy firearms and a piece of paper dont mean a thing because this guy can group his shots but because he says he dont know about Turrets does that mean he's not compitant,,, No,

And I asked Admin to lock this thread because of the muck slinging it would cause and to avoid any one taking cheap shots at each other, But that didnt work either.

john

This has taken a turn for the weird. It seems we have an Aussie telling us about the US Constitution and a Brit condemning being able to purchase firearms without a license or proficiency test. With that I'm out.

Good job Gorski, ya fuck! :rolleyes:

Whoa, steady fella! Who's condemning anything?

It's a statment of fact...could equally apply to anything that requires some degree of mechanical and practical experence.....get schooled or at least RTFM before you get started :)

We never had to prove competancey when you wanted to buy firearms and a piece of paper dont mean a thing because this guy can group his shots but because he says he dont know about Turrets does that mean he's not compitant,,, No,

Like the Egyptian driving test...drive ten yards forward and ten yards in reverse...Bingo! You're done. Does that make you a competent driver?

Good job Gorski, ya fuck! :rolleyes: Your BS has created an international scandal!

Spose A Blow Jobs out the Question, LOL

OK?? Lets Try this??? Now I'm at his Range and my Turrets have been moved, with that I walk up to a Guy and punch him in the mouth without knowing it was him, Is That Fair of me to do that,,, NO,

Because He is innocent and me saying Im sorry a dozen times is not going to Fix things or make the Poor Bastard I just hit feel any better.

I Believe In your Constitution, I Believe It is the Greatest Document Ever Writen in the Past 500 years or more.and I wish we had the same Rights here. Would I stand up for your Constition,, You Better Believe it,

Im not telling you anything, But As A Fellow American Gorski has the same rights as you. If he proves him self to be an A$$ then I am done with him, Theres no need to get all fired up over something that is not going to change my Life just because someone wants to take the Piss over something so Trivial, Surely we can be a little more Tollerant of eachother as no harm was ment, Certainly by Me and if this is all Crap Then the only One Gorski is Hurtin is Him Self,,, Yes???

This is heading the wrong way, So Take Care Mate,

Blessins John

Like the Egyptian driving test...drive ten yards forward and ten yards in reverse...Bingo! You're done. Does that make you a competent driver?

Back in the 1950s In Australia if you went to the dealership and could drive it home THAT was all the Proof they Needed to issue you with a Licience

John

John, that doesn't answer the question of competence, as well you know.

Enjoy your weekend.

Yeah I Know But it sure frightend the c*** out of me when he said how he got his Licience, I now know how a Crash test Dummy feels,

Take Care Mate, have Fun

John

Gorski, this is a silly thread. I'm glad that after 2 years and over 2000 posts you're finally going to figure out how to zero your turrets. Take binoculars downrange from now on and check back now and then to see if anyone messes with your stuff.

Side note: You know this is your fault, right? If you hadn't had LRI build you such a cool rifle nobody would have fucked with it. No one's ever messed with my plastic stocked ADL I'm quite sure. ;)
I'd need a periscope, not binos, haha

OK?? Lets Try this??? Now I'm at his Range and my Turrets have been moved, with that I walk up to a Guy and punch him in the mouth without knowing it was him, Is That Fair of me to do that,,, NO,
Blessins John
This happened back on 31st Aug, the last time I shot, I was done shooting and I was going to retrieve my target backer to take back to the range office and that's when twirled the elev turret. I usually put everything in my truck before I get the backer, must've done it different that day. BUT!! Somebody could've done it when I ran down the the 300yd pits this last time I shot, too. There were only a handful of guys there, one was a guy that works at gander Mtn, and an older couple. I'll have to start checking my turrets everytime I come back from the pits.

I dont care what they say, never had any issues at "OUR" range before, but, there are some real dumbfucks out there at times, maybe I'll make s sign saying something like " If you touch my shit I will Kill your dumbass", haha
Might throw a blanket over the whole works when I go to the pits. here's my target I was shooting at, poa was where those 168AMAX holes are, poi is/was where those several holes are where I removed my 4 square target. A bit over a foot as you can see.
IGbHNR1.jpg

So it took you 14 shots to figure out it was shooting low??

I agree with u charlie on this, after a couple of shots i believe i would have notice something wrong and went to looking, not no 14 shots later. something not adding up.

after the scope is set to your zero , smear them with some lithium grease, then give everyone a handshake before you leave, the one with the greasy hand gets a punch in the face ;)

When I went down range to check the fouler or burnish shots to coat the Boron Nitride in my barrel I was like where the hell are the holes, of course I noticed after looking hard enough and thought it was odd they were that low,(cant even see them holes on this target, they're another 2.5" lower) but seeing that it was a new bullet and lower velocity and it was hitting paper i'd continue with the test, it's when I shot the 105s which were zerod at 300yds back a month ago that I knew somebody was fucking with my scope. I posted that target earlier on this thread, been shooting at that one since 24 Aug when I shot those 2 nice and tiny groups. Oh, and that's 15 shots you see on this target.

Can't believe I read all 3 pages of this thread.
Amazing what unimportant crap we find ourselves talking about.

Can't believe I read all 3 pages of this thread.
Amazing what unimportant crap we find ourselves talking about.

It's Snipers Hide...... This is like one out of every 4 posts I see on a daily basis. But some of us need to get away from the "nagging and screaming" at home and let it loose on people we will most likely never meet. :)

Yeah, and I feel dumb for trusting that folks won't touch my equipment, I trust no more, forever. Does it mean I'll look or even remember to check my turrets after coming back from the pits, maybe, maybe not. I'll do my damndest to remember, next time out.

I can't believe I read this thread. I can't believe I'm even posting on this thread. Just weld the turrets where they are and be done with it.

Does it mean I'll look or even remember to check my turrets after coming back from the pits, maybe, maybe not.

And here is where we conclude that not a damn thing is likely to learned from this whole thread.

Maybe, next winter, you can spend a few minutes reading your scope manuals and developing a simple pre-shot checklist in-between posting all those pictures of snow in your front yard.

And here is where we conclude that not a damn thing is likely to learned from this whole thread.

Maybe, next winter, you can spend a few minutes reading your scope manuals and developing a simple pre-shot checklist in-between posting all those pictures of snow in your front yard.

Oh yeah, Im reading about Mils now, that'd be lesson 2. Oh, I'm not OCD enough like you to be doing pre-shot checklists, lol

If I could figure this shit out before I was old enough to vote, it shouldn't be too big of a deal for an able-minded grown man....

The "0" is there for a reason.

Well atleased this has been a RollerCoaster Ride and I think JGorski has learned a couple of things and I guess we all now know some things will never cease to Amaze us.

john

Yeah, and I feel dumb for trusting that folks won't touch my equipment, I trust no more, forever. Does it mean I'll look or even remember to check my turrets after coming back from the pits, maybe, maybe not. I'll do my damndest to remember, next time out.

Yes, continue to be a negligent gun owner! That is a super idea. Maybe you secure your damn rifle when you walk away from it? Get a hard case and keep a lock on it.
The first time someone messes up your adjustments and you hit something that you are not supposed to causing property damage or bodily harm, you will feel pretty bad knowing we all sat here and warned you to practice a little more common sense.

Otherwise this is the biggest waste of forum space ever.

Gorski, you are a terrible human being. Shame on you. You should know better than to create a thread that sucks a bunch of fucktards in and waists their time without them even knowing.

As for the turrets, it happens. It's kind of like people who get DQed. There are those who have and those who will be.

Oh, I'm not OCD enough like you to be doing pre-shot checklists, lol

If that is really the case, than forget about having a bunch of fancy rifles and spending all that time doing load development. Not much of this is worth a damn if you aren't consistent in your behavior prior to pulling the trigger.

Guy's , Stop taking a bite at his thread , he's just winding people up ! If he was as stupid as he's making out he'd struggle to tie his own shoe lace ! ;)

If I could figure this shit out before I was old enough to vote, it shouldn't be too big of a deal for an able-minded grown man....

The "0" is there for a reason.

Like I said before, I had no reason to use the 0, up until now I was just a deer hunter or a varmint rifle shooter, but just shooting targets until I could get out west to shoot some Pdogs, all I knew was how to adjust the scopes to shoot mainly at 100yds, rarely shot past that, then I get this LRI rifle and a the most money I ever paid for a scope, and I start shooting 600yd BR comps at our range, never reading the manual from front to back, which I should have, yeah, you can give it a rest already. Reading the Burris manual I see now they have the same 0 feature, but again, shooting mainly 100yds, I figured why bother, now I've been educated by Killswitch and others I know the value of the 0 on the turret and I will use it, lesson learned, start playing the graduation music I'm edumacated now!!

"Yes, continue to be a negligent gun owner! That is a super idea. Maybe you secure your damn rifle when you walk away from it? Get a hard case and keep a lock on it.
The first time someone messes up your adjustments and you hit something that you are not supposed to causing property damage or bodily harm, you will feel pretty bad knowing we all sat here and warned you to practice a little more common sense."

KYS, Nobody but nobody does that at our range, not even the 3 most OCD/ANAL guys I shoot with does that, and they have fullblown BR rigs, expensive paint jobs, the works. They pull the bolt back(and they don't take the bolt with them, either) or if it's a auto they leave the action open, go down to the pits and check their target out. It would be nice if I had a shooting buddy I could drag along so he/she could watch over it all, but I dont have that all the time. Again, it's all a trust thing, and if the RO is watching carefully he or she can catch the dirty bastard, but it's a big range for one person to watch. Gotta go pick up the pistol I bought for my son. "I'll be back".

Like I said before, I had no reason to use the 0, up until now I was just a deer hunter or a varmint rifle shooter, but just shooting targets until I could get out west to shoot some Pdogs, all I knew was how to adjust the scopes to shoot mainly at 100yds, rarely shot past that, then I get this LRI rifle and a the most money I ever paid for a scope, and I start shooting 600yd BR comps at our range, never reading the manual from front to back, which I should have, yeah, you can give it a rest already. Reading the Burris manual I see now they have the same 0 feature, but again, shooting mainly 100yds, I figured why bother, now I've been educated by Killswitch and others I know the value of the 0 on the turret and I will use it, lesson learned, start playing the graduation music I'm edumacated now!!

"Yes, continue to be a negligent gun owner! That is a super idea. Maybe you secure your damn rifle when you walk away from it? Get a hard case and keep a lock on it.
The first time someone messes up your adjustments and you hit something that you are not supposed to causing property damage or bodily harm, you will feel pretty bad knowing we all sat here and warned you to practice a little more common sense."

KYS, Nobody but nobody does that at our range, not even the 3 most OCD/ANAL guys I shoot with does that, and they have fullblown BR rigs, expensive paint jobs, the works. They pull the bolt back(and they don't take the bolt with them, either) or if it's a auto they leave the action open, go down to the pits and check their target out. It would be nice if I had a shooting buddy I could drag along so he/she could watch over it all, but I dont have that all the time. Again, it's all a trust thing, and if the RO is watching carefully he or she can catch the dirty bastard, but it's a big range for one person to watch. Gotta go pick up the pistol I bought for my son. "I'll be back".

If I were you I would stop justifying this anymore, and just laugh it off, at the end of the day you only have to answer to your self,

john

Clearly your RO is not watching close enough if someone is fondling a bolt action rifle and jackin with the turrets. You need to bring up the issue with them, not bringing it here. No one here can help you but advise you be a little more attentive to your surroundings. Properly zero your scope so the incident can be avoided at all costs. As I said, the one time you dont check and it results in someone getting hurt or property damage, you will feel pretty bad knowing a simply step could have saved your bacon.

Good luck.

Most of the ROs there only care about taking your money, there are a couple that actually look at what the shooters are doing out there, I know I would, I'd be jacking folks up!
Paranoia has never been my strong point, but I can learn.:)
Trust me, I'm fully aware of my surroundings, but who's to know which one of the other shooters there are going to mess with the other shooters equipment, if I go this coming thursday I'm going to be eyeballin' everybody there good and hard.

It's a sad thing when someone comes around jackin' with your rifle when you're downrange. If that is what happened. A joke to some, but serious enough that it should never happen. What if you quit shooting at the range, thinking your rifle was zeroed. Then wounded a deer because it was off?

At my old range in Minnesota, which was an open range, we had to close it to go downrange. We didn't have trenches. And our 'pits' were bunker type backstops. Every 15 minutes we'd close down and people could go downrange. During that time, everyone moved back away from the benches. So, I can see where in your case the RO wouldn't necessarily see someone making an adjustment to your rifle. Again, I've seen friends do this to each other, thinking it's funny. I don't. No one I allowed to shoot around me did either.

I can also see after you've zeroed not thinking you have to come back and check. Each time you start shooting you check to see where the gun is zeroed before pulling the trigger on a live round. To me this does not include going down to check targets. The weapon should have been left alone.

FWIW, I use a 300 yd. zero or 500 yd. There is no point in short zeroing a rifle that can reach as far as you want it to. Anything shorter than those ranges can be held under for. Benchrest is a different story. It's easiest to zero at the range you shoot at.

Now, if you search your soul and have decided maybe, just maybe it was you. You will know how to correct the problem in the future. Check the zero before you begin firing.

It's a sad thing when someone comes around jackin' with your rifle when you're downrange. If that is what happened. A joke to some, but serious enough that it should never happen. What if you quit shooting at the range, thinking your rifle was zeroed. Then wounded a deer because it was off?

At my old range in Minnesota, which was an open range, we had to close it to go downrange. We didn't have trenches. And our 'pits' were bunker type backstops. Every 15 minutes we'd close down and people could go downrange. During that time, everyone moved back away from the benches. So, I can see where in your case the RO wouldn't necessarily see someone making an adjustment to your rifle. Again, I've seen friends do this to each other, thinking it's funny. I don't. No one I allowed to shoot around me did either.

I can also see after you've zeroed not thinking you have to come back and check. Each time you start shooting you check to see where the gun is zeroed before pulling the trigger on a live round. To me this does not include going down to check targets. The weapon should have been left alone.

FWIW, I use a 300 yd. zero or 500 yd. There is no point in short zeroing a rifle that can reach as far as you want it to. Anything shorter than those ranges can be held under for. Benchrest is a different story. It's easiest to zero at the range you shoot at.

Now, if you search your soul and have decided maybe, just maybe it was you. You will know how to correct the problem in the future. Check the zero before you begin firing.

I think I found someone that know's where I'm coming from, and I will check my zero from now on.