• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Why are quadrails making a comeback?

Vltor's second generation CASV rail.

it's not winning any beauty contests, has a few things about it that mean its not popular with the civilian market, but it was very expressly designed to hold zero when using LAMs and clip-ons, as it was designed to mil contract requirement.

Put a PEQ-15 on the side (if you are using a Clip on you will have to because of room) and see what happens......... the tip rail is the only part that works.

Reactions: hkguns
Are you new to the world?

"What is old becomes new again"

It's whatever. I have MLok, Pic, and KeyMod [DickMod].

View attachment 8062509
OP: to guard your hand from getting tore-up from the handguard, get handguard guards to guard hands from the handguards.

Also, stop being poor.
If your hands are being torn up by rails you aren't the real manly type I'm guessing.

This thread has me thing about getting a DD Mark18 or a DD M4A1 upper, However, the two KAC upper I ordered don't have 1913 rails so what the fuck do I do now.

Put a PEQ-15 on the side (if you are using a Clip on you will have to because of room) and see what happens......... the tip rail is the only part that works.
this has been done to death. the sides will hold zero just fine, as they are designed to do. if it had as much flex as you seem to believe it does you'd be able to crush it with your boot.

edit: I know someone who has one, and I have a LAM I can use, so once they get the time to drop by I'll actually do it and tell you exactly the amount of divergence achieved vs force applied, and if it returns to original point. Straight facts.

Yes, however that still means the military isn't going to convert it to a Mil-STD without taking that control away from magpul. the idea behind mil standards is that the military itself has final control.
My reply was to clarify your post "magpul retains control of the design" and to provide facts to others that may be interested. I also believe that the Sig NGSW incorporates M-LOK on the handguards.

Reactions: Tx_Aggie
To summarize:

"Weight doesn't matter because no one here walks or runs any distance with their AR"

also

"I need a quad rail because NSW Crane says it's stronger and I might use my rifle hard enough that I could shear off an M-lok attachment"

Ok....
only a retard would summarize it like that. I am quite sure God gave you a working brain so use it son. I know plenty of smart Aggies so don't embarrass them

only a retard would summarize it like that. I am quite sure God gave you a working brain so use it son. I know plenty of smart Aggies so don't embarrass them

giphy.gif

I didn’t realize quad was coming back in to fashion. I guess I’m cool again

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98
I prefer quad rails. I have had bad luck with mlok not mounting/holding as well (specifically laser/ir unit). I like the rifle heavier up front. I like that it takes longer to heat up when I am shooting and I don't have to wear gloves. When I rest the handguard on something like a barricade and tension it, I don't get flex. I am a big gorilla sized human and the wider pic rails let me get a better grip.
What a weirdly logical presentation of various reasons one might like quadrails. Completely devoid of memes, hurt feelings or name calling. Are you sure you belong in here?

Really don’t notice the difference. I have 2 m-lok and 3 quads. Just the way the uppers came. I am a range shooter only, so not lugging one around. Only thing I attach is a bipod. Put some of the cheap magpul plastic covers in parts of the quad, eliminating the skin grater effect.

Really don’t notice the difference. I have 2 m-lok and 3 quads. Just the way the uppers came. I am a range shooter only, so not lugging one around. Only thing I attach is a bipod. Put some of the cheap magpul plastic covers in parts of the quad, eliminating the skin grater effect.
doesn't add any noticeable weight difference

mlok sucks imho, quad is the way to go for any 'use' rifle

Reactions: Quintus
But, some of us have, and will again…

For my primary use, the rifle is the least important component. It is carried everywhere, but rarely used. It makes sense to reduce its weight, reduce its profile, reduce its snag potential, and just overall make is less of an albatross to carry around. Leave the weight where it’s needed. Lose it where it is not. 4 oz less rifle is 4 more ounces of useful stuff that can be carried at the same overall load. Critically look at everything you are carrying and you can save lbs, or reallocate them to more important stuff.

No, I’m not an ultra-lite hiker, but applying some of their principles can save wear and tear on your feet, back, and gear. And when you’re chasing critters through the mountains on foot, “Go lite, go fast” makes a lot of sense. On the last elk hunt I went on, I was able to reduce my overall load out by 7lbs, all by 2-3 oz at a time.

Hell, even a run&gun exposes the fallacy of “get stronger.” Carry everything you need over a multi-stage, multi-mile course while remembering that it’s supposed to be fun.

Mlok and keymod allow you to add stuff where you need it, and not have anything where it’s not necessary. The “oh look, you added a pic rail to your mlok handguard to attach a bipod- quad rails rule” misses the point. I added a 2” section of pic rail, where it is needed, to attach a bipod. That equivalent length quad rail has feet of aggregate rail space that is totally unnecessary.

While some of us are humping heavy loads long distances, and some are attaching optics and illuminators where necessary, most are obtusely clinging to a “vibe” that serves them no purpose. But, if the purpose of the quad rail is “it looks bitchin’ man,” go for it.
when was the last time?

It’s been a few years since my last elk hunt, and my last run and gun. I’m not getting younger. Go light, go fast(ish) makes more since now then ever. Why?
ha I'll admit, age does make me question certain things more and easier is now the 'go to' option:)

Reactions: FatBoy
doesn't add any noticeable weight difference

mlok sucks imho, quad is the way to go for any 'use' rifle

That’s only because you have LMT’s where you can’t even get the barrel out of the MLOK version without removing all of the acc’s.

LMT’s MLOK version of the MRP is significantly lighter than the picatinny or LM8. Other MLOK forends are also lighter than any similar picatinny version. Look at any forends marketed as ultralight and you won’t see any picatinny crap.

key lok is best attachment.

By far.

Strongest
Slimmest.
No barrel intrusion

Is like key mod but better
So, it’s Dick lok, but less “girthy?” IDK. I’ve never received a complaint about “barrel intrusion.”

Everything Mark LaRue does makes sense.....to him

Feel free to chime in

Larue Tactical is a psyop to probe the depth of fanboyism…

Reactions: lash
That’s only because you have LMT’s where you can’t even get the barrel out of the MLOK version without removing all of the acc’s.

LMT’s MLOK version of the MRP is significantly lighter than the picatinny or LM8. Other MLOK forends are also lighter than any similar picatinny version. Look at any forends marketed as ultralight and you won’t see any picatinny crap.
no I've plenty and I like the quads much better

I've never bought a quad.

You need gloves or a handguard to shoot any AR with a rapid firing rate. First time I went to a 3 gun with a m-lok rail I was digging for gloves after the first stage when I had to grab the magwell as the handguard got too hot to hold.

I just buy m-lok because they're easy to mount accessories to, they don't snag stuff in the truck, and they don't move once mounted.
All I ever put on mine are arca rails or fore-grips.

I'd be fine running a quad, but then I'd cover it all up with mag pul rail covers anyways, so I don't see the point.