• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Why is the M110 6x the cost of the SR-25?

Re: Why is the M110 6x the cost of the SR-25?

Misprint? I dunno how much they go for but surely not 30k

The M110 comes with EVERYTHING as a complete system. The can, rails, bipod, scope, case, cleaning equipment, etc., are all included.

Still doesnt seem to justify the 20 grand in price difference. Just buy a GAP, appearntly you can't go wrong with those and half the price.

It aslo comes with NV and I believe a thermal as well and both of those adds quite a bit to the tally...

I believe the rifle without the optics package can be had somewhere in the $5K range.

NV and thermal would definitely explain the price tag.

cmdecker, would be the man for this, i believe..........

People are selling the full "system" for $30k so that the uninformed, hopelessly stupid, or independently wealthy have something to spend money on!!!
wink.gif

The system that Knesek and other "online" retailers are currently offering, to the best of my understanding, includes ONLY:

Knight's XM110 Rifle
Leupold scope w/Butler Creek caps & scope cover
XM110 sass mount
Embedded flip up front sight
Knights 600m rear sight
Knight's QD Suppressor
2x 20rd magazines
2x 10rd magazines
SASS cleaning kit
Bore guide
Cleaning rod
Eagle mag pouches
Hardigg hard case
Hardigg Optics case

It does NOT include any NV, thermal, etc. Drop Knesek an e-mail and ask him for an inventory of the complete system they are offering for $29,999, but I am betting that you'll get the info above.

Wow. For $30k you really aren't getting much then. I thought it was plausable with the thermal. But without it, that is crazy!

I do have to wonder what the our government is paying for the system? 30k, 50k, 100k???

IIRC GSA is like $17,000.

Why so much for this one? Call KAC and try to buy one. If you have to ask, you can't.

Like RyanScott said, the reason you see Knesek's asking price on these guns so high comes in large part from the fact that they are collectors items and you generally cannot get them. In fact, they may be the only place you can pick one up right now.

At the price Knesek is selling them for, they wouldn't include thermal, as the thermal (UNS-T) is $20+K by itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cmdecker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like RyanScott said, the reason you see Knesek's asking price on these guns so high comes in large part from the fact that they are collectors items and you generally cannot get them. In fact, they may be the only place you can pick one up right now.

At the price Knesek is selling them for, they wouldn't include thermal, as the thermal (UNS-T) is $20+K by itself.

</div></div>

Roger that, the $30k pricetag on that one is our last one. The XM110 releases were very, very limited in their run.

I can email photos if anyone wants to check them out when I get back CONUS next week, just shoot me a PM

Off the top of my head the Army contract is around 12k

It started around $9,700 but as per contract gets upped 4.5% / year and also depends on the number of guns bought in the FY.
That is for the full system, optic, case, mags, nylon, suppressor, etc.

The XM-110's are collector guns, less than 20 where sold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rideHPD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as I am surely missing something?</div></div>
Think about all the money spent by civies, trying to be like and out fitted, just like the Military. You see it on here everyday, the pea just keeps changing shells.
Does the Military have a vested interest in today's world in stopping a war,... no they don't, nor do those that supply it.

When in doubt always follow the logic first, if you find a flaw or double speak,... most of the time it leads to the real reason,...money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KevinB-KAC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Off the top of my head the Army contract is around 12k

It started around $9,700 but as per contract gets upped 4.5% / year and also depends on the number of guns bought in the FY.
That is for the full system, optic, case, mags, nylon, suppressor, etc.

The XM-110's are collector guns, less than 20 where sold.
</div></div>

Beat me to it- I was going to say I thought they were in extraordinarily small numbers in the public. I almost recall hearing the few that made it to the public was something of an accident. How true that is, I'm not sure--- can you enlighten us?

you have to look real close to the entire list to see where that extra money comes from-

Knight's XM110 Rifle
Leupold scope w/Butler Creek caps & scope cover
XM110 sass mount
Embedded flip up front sight
Knights 600m rear sight
Knight's QD Suppressor
2x 20rd magazines
2x 10rd magazines
SASS cleaning kit
Bore guide
Cleaning rod
Eagle mag pouches
Hardigg hard case
Hardigg Optics case
2x cheese tortellini MRE

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2x cheese tortellini MRE

</div></div>

Yup, 15K right there...
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2x cheese tortellini MRE

</div></div>

Yup, 15K right there...
grin.gif
</div></div>

Vegetarian MRE???? That's a deal breaker right there.

Government contract. Its expensive so it must be good right!!

That's crazy. I have a buddy with an SR25 and I have shot it more than he has! Nice gun but one day I was at the range and there was a guy with an OBR and it shot better than the SR25 (we couldn't help but take turns on each to do some comparisons). I still haven't had my hands on a GAP 10. Kind of a shame since I could drive to their shop in 15 minutes or so! Anyone want to let me shoot theirs?

Gasp, it doesn't have a free floated barrel!

i dont know im an old Harley Maniac so i don't have 30k for a gun but i cant see how a 30k ar id different from what i nave seen for 10k its just me but like i said i make 30k a yr lol

respectfully