• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Why the stigma on local militias?

Militia in the last two centuries were simply civilians who could be called up and do the job of a local military presence. Lately, the last few decades, seems like everyone who identified as a "Militia" were extremists and had an Agenda that was anything but protecting US.

Unfortunately shit is changing and it's not going back - new definitions need to be laid out. The whole Militia concept of the 19th and 20th centuries and the relevant definitions need to be revised.

We are all, collectively, a Militia if needed. We can be called upon in dire circumstances to defend. Unfortunately the people lately who tend to show up for the organizational meeting tend to be extremists and not representative of the median.

VooDoo

Militia in the last two centuries were simply civilians who could be called up and do the job of a local military presence. Lately, the last few decades, seems like everyone who identified as a "Militia" were extremists and had an Agenda that was anything but protecting US.

Unfortunately shit is changing and it's not going back - new definitions need to be laid out. The whole Militia concept of the 19th and 20th centuries and the relevant definitions need to be revised.

We are all, collectively, a Militia if needed. We can be called upon in dire circumstances to defend. Unfortunately the people lately who tend to show up for the organizational meeting tend to be extremists and not representative of the median.

VooDoo

Anyone who doesn’t gargle big govs balls is considered a “extremist” these days.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
Anyone who doesn’t gargle big govs balls is considered a “extremist” these days.
Could be - my local militias are all about Hate and planning Race Wars. I think the whole "Militia" thing is past it's prime and generally perceived as a cute name for whack jobs looking for an excuse. I don't need trouble or "attitude" in my neighborhood. We need solutions here and advocating violence (usually against perceived threats like POC, Democrats, Jews, Homeless, Mexicans, etc) is not really main stream. Most of the Militias here are about Hate. We don't need any more of that right now.

Full up as it were. Maybe different where you are. Here, Militias are not the solution, they are the threat.

VooDoo

Could be - my local militias are all about Hate and planning Race Wars. I think the whole "Militia" thing is past it's prime and generally perceived as a cute name for whack jobs looking for an excuse. I don't need trouble or "attitude" in my neighborhood. We need solutions here and advocating violence (usually against perceived threats like POC, Democrats, Jews, Homeless, Mexicans, etc) is not really main stream. Most of the Militias here are about Hate. We don't need any more of that right now.

Full up as it were. Maybe different where you are. Here, Militias are not the solution, they are the threat.

VooDoo
The threat isn’t militias or any other small group. That was kinda silly to say. The threat is the illegal gov’t that took over the country. That organization is millions strong and has a limitless supply of weapons and its “legal” for them to kill you if you don’t play along.

Reactions: TurboTrout

VooDoo

Interesting, I always hear about these “white supremacists” but I have never really seen one in the wild.

Maybe seen a few coworkers telling some pretty bad race jokes, but the worst offenders are joking about their own races

Hindsight, as a high school kid I remember seeing a bum with a nazi tattoo on his face, but he was like maybe 100lbs soaking wet seemed gorked out of his mind, and didn’t see too concerning.

Reactions: Jgunner
All this tough talk about militias . To normal intelligent folks they/you just look like a bunch of traitors and cowards that have to be in a gang to feel safe . Good for a laugh .

If youre well supplied, halfway trained, have like minded friends you are militia. Name it and youre on a list

285857057_4581482155286504_7755669762300963646_n.jpg

Name a militia that has done anything positive in the press in the last 40 years. (For instance, I see the Baptist Men going all over anytime there is a disaster and need of food/clothing/etc)

Now name a militia that has done something stupid in the last 40 years.

Since negatives outweigh positives AND there is a bias against "gun people" AND the press hates us as well you have your answer.
No positive press + Tons of negative press + Terrible Bias = STAY THE HELL AWAY.

Also as Bender would say: Its Glowie Central. Even when good trainers recommend people form up local like minded groups you know the FBI/ATF loads up their glowsticks and dog killing ammo when they read those posts.

Name a militia that has done anything positive in the press in the last 40 years. (For instance, I see the Baptist Men going all over anytime there is a disaster and need of food/clothing/etc)

Now name a militia that has done something stupid in the last 40 years.

Since negatives outweigh positives AND there is a bias against "gun people" AND the press hates us as well you have your answer.
No positive press + Tons of negative press + Terrible Bias = STAY THE HELL AWAY.

Also as Bender would say: Its Glowie Central. Even when good trainers recommend people form up local like minded groups you know the FBI/ATF loads up their glowsticks and dog killing ammo when they read those posts.
You are making a good argument for the "Lone Wolf" when the SHTF.... There are both Pro's and Con's.

Name a militia that has done anything positive in the press in the last 40 years.
Name a media company that would publish anything positive in the press about militias.

It is interesting that two specific words in the 2nd amendment have been completely twisted from their original meaning.

"A well regulated militia"

It's almost like they are trying to achieve something specific by manipulating the meaning of those two words. But the good thing - not that the government really cares - is Heller and Bruen establish the 2nd amendment completely separate from the prefatory clause.

Name a media company that would publish anything positive in the press about militias.

It is interesting that two specific words in the 2nd amendment have been completely twisted from their original meaning.

"A well regulated militia"

It's almost like they are trying to achieve something specific by manipulating the meaning of those two words. But the good thing - not that the government really cares - is Heller and Bruen establish the 2nd amendment completely separate from the prefatory clause.
The woke generation has taken to "re-defining" everything to tilt in their favor.