• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Wilcox, this is fucking ridiculous

Conqueror

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2008
North Central FL
IMG_6941.jpeg

Really Wilcox? A 20” long thick-ass cable with an 8” bend radius and no 90° plug because you didn’t ask Fischer to make one?

IMG_6942.jpeg

You’re telling me not a single one of your beta testers upgraded from a Raptar and was like “yo, this new Ergocto cable is a dumpster fire?” I call bullshit. 😂

Now to spend like $500 on the 12” cable it should have included instead.

#80%MILSPECsolutions

But for real dude I deal with alot of new gear and it's always 80% solution when it gets to us. I swear the defense contractors got this down to a science for next gen roll outs.

Reactions: BurtG
View attachment 8367196

Really Wilcox? A 20” long thick-ass cable with an 8” bend radius and no 90° plug because you didn’t ask Fischer to make one?

View attachment 8367200

You’re telling me not a single one of your beta testers upgraded from a Raptar and was like “yo, this new Ergocto cable is a dumpster fire?” I call bullshit. 😂

Now to spend like $500 on the 12” cable it should have included instead.
U must suffer for fashion, friend.

But seriously, that cable is retarded.

Last edited:
Would it fit any better to place the switches out on the handguard where I prefer they be for use with my non-trigger booger picker?

Would it fit any better to place the switches out on the handguard where I prefer they be for use with my non-trigger booger picker?
One could do that and Wilcox includes a (equally poorly-designed) picatinny mount holder thingy for the keypad, but it takes up so much top rail space that it would prevent me from using my clip-ons, plus not many people are keeping their hand way out on the front handguard when doing precision shooting.

One of the reasons I went with a MARS over the Wilcox was from feedback like yours on the plug / cable.
I almost bought a MARS but I really hate how they made it wind-dumb and that was kind of a dealbreaker for me. The remote does seem way better on the MARS though.

I’m going to just mount my TV remote up there to soothe the “acquisition-beast” inside.

Until I inevitably buy some WMLRF lol
You mean to tell me you didn't already have your TV remote installed on your rifle? I'm so disappointed in you. It's actually just pathetic at this point.

C'mon man! Get with the program!!! LOL!!

You mean to tell me you didn't already have your TV remote installed on your rifle? I'm so disappointed in you. It's actually just pathetic at this point.

C'mon man! Get with the program!!! LOL!!
Fuck! FML! Imma gonna buy that $500 long-ass Wilcox cable right now and hang my luser-ass with it! At the 25yd range, no less, so all the pistol shooters can staple big images of scared pretty girls upon my chest and pretend my 💀 body is the hostage-taker!

hasta la vista, world!

Fuck! FML! Imma gonna buy that $500 long-ass Wilcox cable right now and hang my luser-ass with it! At the 25yd range, no less, so all the pistol shooters can staple big images of scared pretty girls upon my chest and pretend my 💀 body is the hostage-taker!

hasta la vista, world!

HAHAHAHA!!! I damn near blew my coffee and chew all over my monitor. That was some funny shit bro.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
One could do that and Wilcox includes a (equally poorly-designed) picatinny mount holder thingy for the keypad, but it takes up so much top rail space that it would prevent me from using my clip-ons, plus not many people are keeping their hand way out on the front handguard when doing precision shooting.
Yeah, I have never been a fan of reaching way out. I have tried it without anyone training me the proper way but it just always sort of felt awkward. I like a forward handstop. It gives me a point of reference for a repeatable grip and I have used it as a sort of barricade stop. I like to put my flashlight switch there for easy use.

Yeah, that funky angled rail adapter works, but is far from ideal in a lot of cases and feels like it was some kind of mil contract requirement instead of just doing something simple like Unity does with their switches.

Reactions: Conqueror
Yes. It annoys me in the garage, so I either set the brightness or aim a flashlight at the sensor. Turning it on at the range it seems to start dim then “wake up.”

No, the FP model I have is an early model Xe (DOM 2021 I think), so it has a proprietary plug vs the modular junction box you find on the newer models. I've got a LP model with DOM of Jan24 and it's got the junction box.

• Wow
Reactions: TheOE800
At this point in time, why aren't these devices using wireless tech? I've had a remote keyfob for my car since 1995...
The military doesn’t want a key piece of tech susceptible to hostile signal jamming or even just the potential unreliability of a non-wired connection. Non-military WMLRFs like the Vortex Impact 4000 have wireless remotes.

A wired remote makes a lot of sense, but a BT option seems reasonable too. A wired remote needs to be durable, hence the thick cable, but what I don’t get with the MRFxe is they strayed from the 90 degree plug of the RAPTAR. Then again, clearly they were going for some kind of commonality of parts with ERGOCTO?

If you haven't physically ripped out the battery, most modern smartphones still have some sort of em emissions for various different reasons.

there are some firmware options for a few of the samsung and google pixel devices that can be used to completely lock them down. Did that with the Pixel 5 I use for ATAK

Reactions: carbonbased
If you haven't physically ripped out the battery, most modern smartphones still have some sort of em emissions for various different reasons.

there are some firmware options for a few of the samsung and google pixel devices that can be used to completely lock them down. Did that with the Pixel 5 I use for ATAK
I know on Garand Thumb’s interesting Urkrainian/Russian tactics vid a mercenary (I think a merc) said that phones can totally get you killed on the battlefield. They’ll randomly flash IR like crazy for apparently no reason. So will your car’s interior (alarm system?). See 1:03:30 in the vid below.

I know this isn’t the same as cell radio transmission but pretty eye-opening nonetheless.

In that same bit they also talk about “aperture detection” at 1:06:20. The Sosna-N anti-sniper robot system sounds scary as shit with it shooting lasers into your scope (and into your eye) while pin-pointing you on a map for enemy snipers to pop you.

Thx for the additional info.

Last edited:
  • Wow
A wired remote makes a lot of sense, but a BT option seems reasonable too. A wired remote needs to be durable, hence the thick cable, but what I don’t get with the MRFxe is they strayed from the 90 degree plug of the RAPTAR. Then again, clearly they were going for some kind of commonality of parts with ERGOCTO?
I asked Wilcox directly and they said DOD is trying to standardize on certain connectors which is why they use the Fischer Minimax on the MRF, and Fischer doesn’t make a 90° version of it. But that seems kinda Busch league to me, they could probably get Fischer to make a 90° version or put their own 90° cable bend just behind the connector.

Reactions: BurtG and Dogtown