• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing Will Savage 10 actions hold up to lots of rounds?

ba_50

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2007
Illinois
Ejection and hard bolt lift are two talked about.
What others can be expected in tactical matches?
I am considering a left hand 10tsr. Thanks.

What do you mean by lots of rounds? I have over 6500 through mine, and countless dry fires. The accutrigger is getting worn out, I've replaced the ejector, spring, extractor, and the detent ball in the bolt. The barrel still shoots good, but not sure for how much longer. Bolt lift will improve with use and cycling, it'll also get smoother. I never had issues with ejection until recently, parts do wear out. Replace them as needed.

If I were you, I'd look elsewhere for a left handed rifle. I've been down that road already, and I wasted a lot of money. There really isn't that great aftermarket support for Savage, and it's even worse in LH. Tikka and Remington come to mind for good aftermarket support.

Sounds like good advice.
I guess 5000 rounds +. My Ruger 77ST 30/06 has over 5000 rounds plus some dry firing and doesn't need anything. I shot an 8" group at 811 yards with it recently.
One poster who holds classes says Savage rifles have problems all the time.
Remage might be ok. The Tikka varmint LH doesn't come in 6.5 creedmore.
Thought a gunsmith could give a good appraisal.