• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Wilson Combat "Cave Guns"

sandwalk3r

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Kentucky
I recently posted a Wilson Combat CQB 1911 I'm .45 on Gunbroker, and nobody even bid on it starting at $2,200.

I did however get an email from a guy who had a similar one who noted that my serial number made it very unique.

Apparently Wilson Combat CQBs with the "SF" prefix were originally made for a SF unit headed to Afghanistan. They apparently never took the pistols, so they were then sold.

Anyone know much about these? The guy said he verified it with Wilson, and they were nicknamed "Cave Guns."

PhotoOct1483622PM_zps166e6461.jpg

Re: Wilson Combat "Cave Guns"

Very cool gun. Gunbroker folks don't always recognize what they're looking at, so don't read too much into reactions, attention, etc on GB. I'm sure Wilson could tell you more about your 1911 if you sent them an email or called.

Ditto, never heard them called cave guns but heard the same story about them being built for SF. Would love to know the whole story

I'll find out what I can and share. I know they wouldn't say which group ordered them. I'll see if I can sniff around 5th group for clues.

And it just looked like another .45 with a flashlight on it to me. More importantly be asking "why didn't they take the product?"

Hey just created an account to answer this question. I just happened to get to play with one of these "Cave guns" today and they are amazing. So from 2001-2009 Wilson Combat designed this pistol at the request of Delta Force for using to hunt down isis in the caves in Afghanistan. Only around 900 of these were ever made and there are 9, i think 9, specific modifications to this pistol included but not limited to stiple count on back strap and angles of the edges of the front of the grip, i think it has a special trigger as well. I cannot remember off the top of my head what each specific Wilson Combat Upgrade but my buddy just bought one of this exact gun and researched and found the Item Number for each modification done through WC. I will ask him to text me the item numbers and i will update the post when i get the info.