• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Win 70 feather can i have DBM?

chevyrulz

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 7, 2008
does a 2010 Winchester model 70 featherweight with hinged floor plate accept a Detachable Box Magazine? if not can it be modified to accept one easily & reliably?

i planned on a remington 700 as my 1st bolt rifle, but after trying both, i prefer the winchester 70. out of the box, the rifle is lighter, & the action is smoother. both have good triggers for me. chambered in 30-06 if that matters

thanks in advance

Re: Win 70 feather can i have DBM?

Your stock will need to be milled out to fit a DBM such as the Badger M5. Once this is done, there's no going back. Are you set on the DBM? I run a hinged floor plate on my hunting/ plinking/ target rifle (also a Winchester) and see no downside, unless rapid reloads are necessary. Magazines are fairly expensive, can be lost, added weight, etc.

Re: Win 70 feather can i have DBM?

thx for the quick reply!

guess i gotta keep saving so i can get both!

i will prolly go ahead w/ the 30-06 Win 70 + Leupold VX-I, then later when i hit the lotto i'll build up a rem700 in .308 with DBM & nightforce haha

edit:

actually if i hit the lotto i'll get a rem700 .308, sako .338, barret m82, etc...