• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Win the Sightmark Pinnacle 5-30x we Reviewed

new guy here and while i would like this, thinking there are more who could use it more then myself.
Great feature of the site and glad to be here. Gonna grab a chair and relax here for abit. thanks again!

They are starting to have local precision rifle matches here in Nebraska. So, I decided to reduce my weekend partying and alcohol consumption in order to save money for a quality scope and chassis for my rifle. Winning this scope would allow me to continue partying on the weekend, which would be awesome. I also have experience writing thank you notes. Last month i sent a thank you note to an acquaintance that let me drive their Tesla and they appreciated the note very much. Plus, I own a smartphone that i can easily use to take pictures of the scope when i'm at a precision rifle match. Finally, I promise not to sell the scope within the next year.

Attachments

• RAP65.jpg
    RAP65.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
This is the rifle that I would put the Sightmark on. This rifle has morphed into what it is today - except for the stock - on longrangehunting.com. Again, except for the stock, the story's conclusion can be seen/searched there as "My Remington's Fall" by Les Voth. The specs for the rifle and current scope are listed in the article.

My goal had been to compete in the Vortex Challenge with my shooting partner "Mad." By the time this summer rolled around, Mad dropped out and my physical condition was deteriorating enough that even with a partner I wouldn't be able to handle the rigors of the Challenge.

I had started falling down for no reason, and without warning, in January 2016 and had to quit working by May of that year because by then I was falling down multiple times a day. By January of 2017, 11 doctors at Mayo told me there was "no known surgical solution." My wife kept pushing, though. With Mad dropping out, and my deteriorating will to get the heck outta my chair, my summer was passing with just an occasional trip to the farm to kill a couple of rocks at distance - just to make sure my dope was good, you know? But I was really done.

Then on July 10th of this year, my oldest son was in a car wreck and broke his neck. I'm not going to go over all of that, but on July 11th I started writing about that on Facebook. Anybody that wants to scroll down my page to the 11th of July and start reading upwards can get the story - and a few pictures.

As a result of our son's accident and treatment we had to go back to Minneapolis for his checkup on August 1st, and my wife, never one to miss an opportunity, made me another appointment there. It turned out that for the last year, plus, I had been missdiagnosed. I was instructed to get my . . . Donkey outta the chair and work at reaching some semblance of fitness. So on August 5th I started walking as the first step on whatever road I was going to travel.

I've walked over 120 miles now, lost 35+ pounds and renewed a spirit I thought was dying. A couple of weeks ago at our parent/teacher conferences for our boys, one of the teachers asked me if I would help him learn more long range shooting skills - and attend the Vortex Challenge as his partner! We shot together last Friday on his range for the first time. He bought a new rifle on Saturday and let his wife poke the 300 yard steel yesterday, right in the middle!

I told "H2", my new partner, about this giveaway. He told me I should give it a whirl. I told him I was uncomfortable with grovelling in public. He told me it was a contest. That did it! I could do a contest!

It's all true stuff, though. Check it out if you're curious. I can't say much about H2 because I don't have his permission and didn't ask for it. The cool thing about him though, is his eagerness, youth and prior Army service and deployments. He's married, without kids and the schedule for our anticipated competition fits with his employment.

I was self-employed for the last 30+ years. I guess I still am. But revenue is hard to come by. Still have stuff to sell though . . .

Thanks for the opportunity to tell my story and for your consideration!

Attachments

• photo73102.jpg
    photo73102.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 38
Here is my 6.5 Grendel I put together a couple of years ago. Parts used in the build:

Areo Precision upper and lower
CMC trigger
Lilja barrel
WOA float tube
Ergo grip
Magpul stuck
Larue 745 mount
Vortex Viper HST 6-24x50 (standard viper is shown in the attached photo).

I even have a few videos of this rifle on youtube:

Summary of build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2WP...3Af3OsMXUawfsa

Shooting at 750 yard steel targets:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USps...Uawfsa&index=6

I had intended to participate in a match for a while but never got around to it. This would be good motivation to get off my ass and finally get involved.

*Just wanted to add, I'm one of those guys that never sells any of my stuff, heck I still have the first scope I ever bought, a Simmons white tail classic. That was back when I thought $100 for a scope was expensive, lol.

I also have at least 3 options available near me as far as matches go, a PRS, 2 gun, and Fclass. If I won the scope it would defiantly get used.

Attachments

• photo73112.jpg
    photo73112.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Ok let me try this again.

Let's go with:

- Give it to CBM's kid, because reasons
- Give it to me to help fund a 20mm that I can shoot at like engine blocks and satellites and cruise ships and shit
- Give it to me so that I finally have a scope that costs less than my Hermes belt?

Either way. Let me know.

I would love the scope to add to my CZ 455 to start competing in Rimfire competitions we have here locally. I have a CZ 455 with a KKC stock that I use to help farmers around here rid themselves of potguts (have to use rimfires by the wheel lines). This scope would add to the fun and reduce eye strain from staring through the scope all day long :)

I do not think that I "deserve" this scope any more than other people on this site. My rifle is a 12FV in .223. It can shoot 1/3 MOA at 100 yrds with my current scope. Don't laugh about my current scope. I want to shoot in a F/TR match in New Braunfels, TX. I have a load ready just need the glass to get started.

Attachments

• photo73579.jpg
    photo73579.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 31
Do I deserve this scope? Probably not. But I would love the opportunity to use it! I've been shooting for many years, but just got into PRS style matches a couple months ago. It has been an absolute blast and I am really enjoying myself. I'm currently using a Savage model 10. It has worked well, but I see there are short comings, so I plan on upgrading components (stock, barrel, etc) for the coming season. The Sightmark would be a welcome, and outstanding upgrade from the cheap scope I have on it now! Good luck to all!

Attachments

• photo73777.jpg
    photo73777.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 35
I know I don't deserve it. I have two scopes sitting in my closet with out rifles to put them on. If you ever give away a rifle, I'll definitely try to be the most deserving of that. I'd like to see the "winner" of this scope be someone willing to pass on the scope they are replacing, And so on and so forth. Maybe 3, 4, or 5 people can be helped. Even if the last person receives a lower end scope. I think they will be extremely grateful. It's more then they had when the contest started. That's just my .02 cents .

I do not need it.

Very cool for Sightmark to give the scope for testing and very cool to donate it as well. I've been lucky to have a job and look forward to seeing it on a good host. Somebody win and post pics!

Last edited:
Just figured id post a little update of the Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD 6.5 Creedmoor now that its in my hands and off layaway.

Cant wait to shoot this at the next TxPRC match. Will probably be sometime after the Lone Survivor PRS match. (I will be an RO/volunteer at it).
48e1e188ac264bc67a0a488e02a3085f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I would love to throw this very nice looking and well-reviewed scope on my RPR. I'd also like to upload a pic, but I am currently deployed to the sandbox for another 4 months (stock photo included!) nad the RPR is in the safe back home. I live in the Pacific Northwest and have a buddy that shoots PRS competitions all the time that has been asking me to go with, but I have been a bit intimidated. If I was graciously provided this scope, I will attend my first precision competition with it next spring/summer when I am back home and provide proof. I will also write an awesome thank-you to Sightmark!

Attachments

• photo73986.jpg
    photo73986.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 35
Guys,

I will look at picking a winner for Monday, so use the Weekend to include anyone who may not have posted ...

We will share this again to move it around, but once I finish the Howa review, (Hopefully very soon) I will ship this out

I have been building my own rifle for work. It has been hard to build something I know I may have to use to end someone's life. I work for a small town that will not pay for the equipment needed I have been spending my own money on a DMR build and am still lacking a good trustworthy scope. I have been saving up for something good but it's going to be a while still before I can get anything of mine own that is worth anything to use. Right now I am using a scope that belongs to the PD that I took off a rifle that was turned over to the PD after a felon was arrested possessing it but it just not that trustworthy and is old and hard to read the turrets.

Awesome thing to do. Whoever gets this, enjoy it. I don't need or deserve it. But there is a little man I'm getting Moon to build a rifle for that might. .260 on a PTG Rem 700 with Bartlein and MPA youth length lightweight chassis. The shooter "Jackson" is an 11 year old that has expressed a lot of interest and his ability is progressing quite well. He will get a nice scope cause his dad, "me" will make that happen one way or another. I hope that whoever gets this enjoys it and pays it forward.

Super nice of you to offer this scope to a deserving Snipers Hide Customer, My story is: I Bought a Mausingfield action from American Rifle on 3/7/2016, Bought a Masterpiece arms Chassis and sent it to LRI where I had a K & P Barrel in 6.5 x 47 built up by Chad at LRI (Finished over a year ago). It has not had one round down the barrel yet as I can't afford the scope.... This looks like an awesome scope as I love Mil Mil and the Horus style TMD reticle. AS you can see from the Invoice below I even bought the 34mm rings from TED.... Either way as I said earlier, its super nice of you to offer it to a deserving Snipers Hide Fan... :), Mausingfirld & LRI invoice.jpg

I would like you to send it to me. Not for myself but for a rifle I have been building behind the scenes here to use in a program our fish and wildlife has to get disabled vets back into the field hunting. Most of these guys don't have the funds to afford hunting license much less rifles and gear. I have assembled the entire rifle from parts purchased with my own funds or trade here on the Hide for this purpose. Literally every single part was purchased or traded for Here. Reciever, bartlein barrel, trigger, KRG chassis....every single part. Doing all of the work on the rifle myself or with the help of my local gunsmith who has also donated his time for free.Obviously one of the largest expendatures would be a great piece of glass for this rifle. So far I am only able to afford something in a much lower range and a piece of glass like this would be a game changer for me. It would let me get a few of these guys out to our local range to target shoot, possibly get them involved in a few local matches And have the rifle for these guys to use on guided hunts. with local input let one of these guys take it home. I had planned to do a post here on it but I have not as of yet, I'm still waiting on a few pieces and wanted to include a scope in the post. I have not posted or told anyone what I was doing or asked for any donations on this and that's not what I am asking for now. I figured I would toss my hat into the ring, couldn't hurt. The picture below is how the rifle sits now. I have assembled everything to get it out to my gunsmith to check everything out and finish it up. Then back to me to get a nice cerakote finish. Being assembled from used parts here on the hide, it's all over the place finish wise. A nice cerakote camo job will make this a show stopper for someone and the addition of the scope offered here would put it far beyond what I would be able to afford on my own. Thanks for the consideration.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I have learned here on the "Hide" that friends don't let friends run IOR's. I have two of them so I am doubly in need. As far as selling a scope, I still have the first steel tube 4X Weaver I started with.
Thanks regardless to Sightmark! Class move!

Guys,

I will look at picking a winner for Monday, so use the Weekend to include anyone who may not have posted ...

We will share this again to move it around, but once I finish the Howa review, (Hopefully very soon) I will ship this out

Really looking forward to reading that review as I am on the verge of buying it.

A friends 15 y/o nephew is looking to get into LR shooting and I know he would appreciate it versus the Nikko Sterling that will come with the rifle he will most likely purchase.

That's all I have but there are probably people that deserve it more that have posted already.

In my original post on this thread, I submitted a picture of the rifle I would mount it to. Which is a Ruger American Predator, but I literally just placed an order for a Howa HCR in 6.5 creedmoor and I also ordered a nightforce 20 moa rail. It was a lot of money for me to throw out there but I know this will get me out there shooting a lot more and I know I will be more capable with it at matches. Spending that cash hurts, at least for me it does a bit, but it'll be worth it when I am able to get behind it and pull the trigger.

Just figured id post a little update of the Remington 700 SPS AAC-SD 6.5 Creedmoor now that its in my hands and off layaway.

Cant wait to shoot this at the next TxPRC match. Will probably be sometime after the Lone Survivor PRS match. (I will be an RO/volunteer at it).
48e1e188ac264bc67a0a488e02a3085f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

shooterfpga ....

when I am finished with the Howa Review, the Sightmark is yours to use ...

I think the scope went to the right person!!!

Someone who gives back to the sport. Not nocking anyone else's posts. Lots of great posts in this thread!

I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision.

Also, I'm sure the prime ammo in the background didn't hurt.

I personally thought it should go to "The German", but what do I know?

Last edited:
Cool man, love sightmark. They actually just won Best Gen 1 Night Vision in the industry. Some experts in military and what not voted on it

It would go on my creedmoor that serves double duty

Attachments

• photo74650.jpg
    photo74650.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32