• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos WINCHESTER M70 WITH UNERTL 8X

BEARTACTICAL

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 26, 2009
Brunswick, Ohio
One of the members asked me to post a picture of my Winchester M70 a while back and I finally got around to figuring out how to convert pictures to post them. This is a Winchester 70 in 30-06 with a factory heavy barrel and Unertl 8x with black mounts. It's not a pre-64 and the scope is not USMC marked but she still looks cool and shoots great

Re: WINCHESTER M70 WITH UNERTL 8X

That is one great looking rifle. Hopefully you shoot it, Looks like a great 1000 yard gun.

I get out to shoot is about every month or so. The local range is about an hour away but it is very quiet until I get there. I want to take her to Thunder Valley this summer and open her up to that 1000 and see how she does.

Yes, a wood stock has a different feel than the newer synthetics. Don'y get me wrong, I love McMillan stocks but there is something different about shooting a wood stocked rifle.

I love old school stuff ... I have a few of my 40Xs in the gallery somewhere ... nice scope !!

Nice rifle you have there. I have one like yours, mine however is a Pre 64 06. I haven't had any luck finding a 8X Unertl, but it does have a 14X Unertl on it. The 8X unertl's are hard to find.

Very COOL!!!!
Where did you find the 8X??????

I purchased the scope off of Ebay because it was "broken". It was only missing the reticle. I sent it out to a guy who repairs Unertls and he put the new factory Unertl reticle in it and I had an 8x for under $400. I sometimes get lucky.

Beautiful rig, I have 2 pre 64 mod 70 targets, a 54 and '59. I found a great '49 straight comb std sporter stock I mounted one in and a 15X Unertl scope for my 'Carlos Hathcock' bean patch whitetail slayer. The 15X is too much scope. Would love to find an 8X.

Nice.

I have a 1942 pre 64 that was turned into a palma rig. Unfortunately, the beautiful marksman stock was hacked up by the previous owner. Shame because the stock is a really nice piece of wood.

I've got a 20x Unertl on it.

Those old Winchesters never got the credit they deserved in my book. My 300 WM controlled feed M70 laredo is one of my favorite rifles.Not an old one but still loved. Nice Rifle!!!

That's a nice looking rifle. I took a post-64 late model Winchester Model 70 synthetic stocked rifle in 7mm Rem Mag in partial trade on an FR-8 rifle a while back, and have been trying to figure out if I want to keep it and try to do something like that to it, or to sell it.

Yours DOES look really good with that wood stock and Unertl scope on it. Tempting, but I just started the Remington M40 build and already have too many irons in the fire as it is. But that sure does look nice, though...
laugh.gif