• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Witnessed a psychotic episode today…

It may very well be a physical ailment and not a mental health issue, but until he's forced to undergo thorough medical examination, it won't be known.

possible medical event. i would make sure he gets a checkup.

Heard! I am somewhat aware of the King.

But at the same time, It always takes two to tango
Oh no it doesn't.

In the 90's I dropped off a K98 actioned .270 at a gunsmith that had good reputation as a pistlol/gunsmith, at least locally. I wanted the bolt handle replaced with a Win. Mod. 70 type bolt handle that I supplied and I held it up and showed him where I wanted the old bolt handle cut and the new one attached and with the same swept back angle of the pre 64' Win. bolt angle.

When I went by to pick it up and the fucker presented it to me I first thought it was a malicious joke.

The bolt handle stuck straight out about 4 inches with a series of angles and elbows that looked like some retarded dumbfuck welded on a piece of pipe in an emergency.

I looked at him in disbelief. I finally asked "Does this look like the swept back bolt on a Mod. 70? Seriously, is this the best you can do?" He left the room and returned a short time later so mad he was shaking and with his cold beady eyes staring at me said "I can't afford to re do things and do things twice."

I told him "Then I suggest you do it right the first time. Don't worry, I'll pay someone else to repair this." and walked out. That mentally-ill cocksucker had gone into the other room to arm himself before he came back to throw his little snit. The gun business is a shit magnet for unstable cowards that are afraid of men.

I should have asked the manbitch if his wife was a lesbian.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jgunner
Oh no it doesn't.

In the 90's I dropped off a K98 actioned .270 at a gunsmith that had good reputation as a pistlol/gunsmith, at least locally. I wanted the bolt handle replaced with a Win. Mod. 70 type bolt handle that I supplied and I held it up and showed him where I wanted the old bolt handle cut and the new one attached and with the same swept back angle of the pre 64' Win. bolt angle.

When I went by to pick it up and the fucker presented it to me I first thought it was a malicious joke.

The bolt handle stuck straight out about 4 inches with a series of angles and elbows that looked like some retarded dumbfuck welded on a piece of pipe in an emergency.

I looked at him in disbelief. I finally asked "Does this look like the swept back bolt on a Mod. 70? Seriously, is this the best you can do?" He left the room and returned a short time later so mad he was shaking and with his cold beady eyes staring at me said "I can't afford to do things twice."

I told him "Then I suggest you do it right the first time. Don't worry, I'll pay someone else to repair this." and walked out. That mentally-ill cocksucker had gone into the other room to arm himself before he came back to confront me and throw his little snit. The gun business is a shit magnet for unstable cowards that are afraid of men.

I should have asked the manbitch if his wife was a lesbian.
Sucks when things like that occur. Did you find some body who could do the job right?

I personally find, generally when people lose their cool, something is causing it. For example, the situation you described expectations, actions, results and feelings. The Situation the king ran into and described doesn’t give any reasoning for the out burst. I don’t know what happened, its really not too much of my business other than the little that has been aired here, but at the same time, my spider sense tells me there is more to this than what has been presented, something is causing that reaction.

Crazy is always the worst, the normal rules of reality don't apply and finding out what they are could go very wrong without warning. Add in a gun and the situation doesn't allow for much in the way of mistakes.

Glad you made it out and hopefully the individual gets the help he needs ASAP.

Had an interesting encounter with a psychotic episode today. Was pretty amazing frankly.

The owner of the local gun club lost his mind in a meeting I had with him. I thought initially he was angry about something, but it quickly escalated to him threatening violence and then being barely able to control his urge to draw his pistol and open fire. I spent a fair amount of time watching his hands after it became clear I was witnessing a complete psychiatric breakdown. It was completely fucking nuts.

Attempted to leave and he blocked my way. Then threatened to kill my dog for some reason.

Stay safe out there folks.

One of my elderly neigbors had an episode in my front yard about a year ago. It wouldn't be so bad if he didn't
walk around the neighborhood dressed in tactical gear with his trusty 1911 cocked and locked
. Arizona is the Florida of the West.

Nobody is dead - no. And I’m glad. When someone you know is having a massive mental health crisis it’s more sad than angering.

I’m not talking about encountering some angry dude - I mean a guy you know and like has literally gone nuts.

I made this post mostly so that people are aware that friends and family can have episodes like this and you should deal with them as calmly as you can but be ready to defend yourself if needed.

Mental illness is real.
50 percent of the USA is currently mentally ill!

Reactions: BLEE
Thanks for the "Heads up"... If nothing more It is an opportunity for each of us to "run the scenario" and build a file in our brain for this type of situation.
Our world has become a pressure cooker. We will see more of this type of behavior.
Easy to say "deal with it" until it unfolds in real time. Take care of # 1.

Reactions: Milf Dots
It sounds like that guy believes you did something really unforgiveable to him, where's he's taken it super personally. I don't know the context, or the specifics of the conversation, so i'm very likely wrong. Either way, the guy should have kept his cool, and never should have lost his shit. Anybody working a gun club, gun store, or anyone holding an FFL in my opinion needs to be cool as a cucumber in any situation. I hold myself to that standard as well. Sure I get angry at people, but I sure as fuck don't lash out at them, refuse to let them leave, and threaten to shoot their dog. I would file a police report, that way it's official record he threatened to shoot your dog, and/or harm you, so if something does happen, the police have a official report to look back at for finding suspects.

I'm sure you've already decided to avoid the guy as much as you can, maybe get the word out to the other club members that the guy is nuts so he can be removed/replaced in the club. I'm sure nobody at the club wants a psycho with a firearm there.

I have a neighbor that i've had years of great conversations, and very calm, productive discussions about our opposing political views, and we've both thought of ways we can meet in the middle on various topics. Never had a problem, always enjoyed hanging out with him on friday or saturday evenings by a fire, watching starlink satellites go over, and just shootin' the shit.....until recently. Something has changed in him, and not for the better. He text me & my wife one evening, told us we were horrible people, and never to talk to him again. He said I was targeting him, and thought I was going to hurt him and steal his money because i'm a Trump supporter. So I screenshot his messages, deleted and blocked his number, and left it at that. We cross paths last september while the wife and I are walking and he acts like it never happened. I talked to another neighbor, and the crazy neighbor went down to his shop behind his house, walked in to the fridge, took a beer out, took a drink, then told him he was going to kill him and turn him into taco meat.....in front of his wife and stepdaughter.

The assessment that there is a lot of anger, fear, frustration, and just pent up mental illness, is real.

OP; be careful man, psycho's are super unpredictable.

Branden
I’ve had the same thing from people who took the covid shots. Like my relatives...