• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Woodchuck Hunting

Re: Woodchuck Hunting

Good for you guys getting those chucks.

Here in New England they are gone! The coyotes came here a few years ago and have eaten all of the woodchucks that used to burrow in meadows.

You know, that great shot on a farm field that made chuck hunting for me a great rifle sport.

At least I got to hunt them back when they were here.

Now I have the time and rifles but no woodchucks.

I hunt primarily in CT, NY and VT.

Gut tree!

photobucket-8535-1336709885723.jpg

as a former alfalfa farmer i'm in full agreement that the only good groundhog is a dead groundhog. When we were still running alfalfa i used to get 6-10 a year on our 40 acres we had in hay. Two weeks of great shooting after every cutting!

this is my only chuck this year for me so far, but havent had much time to go hunt. 10-22 with mini mags. Distance was about 8 feet. He ran behind the polebarn and i was able to sneak up right on him. Got him on mothers day weekend along with the racoons (below)

223 vmax at ~170 yds from a couple summers ago

got this one standing up looking at me from about 75 yds with my 17hmr w/ vmax. bang/flop. I dont think he even twitched when he hit the ground.

have had a great year with helping the folks keep the racoons out of the barns though

(fathers day weekend)
(mothers day weekend)