• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Re: APRIL 28 & 29 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dennis_in_VA</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pdice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The van stage was definitely my favorite. I like when both shooters have to shoot something different. It would be really neat if 1 shooter had to accomplish something, in order for a target to be present for the second. </div></div>

Yeah, like simultaneous fire where shooter one has to drop a target (no shoot /hostage resetting type) to give shooter two a clear shot on the prize. Have the interference target set so that it resets in a second or two. Maybe even use a spring loaded version so both shooters are firing almost simultaneously.</div></div>

How would you prevent the second shooter from being the one who drops the drop target?

I also had a great time this weekend. Thanks Chris Brown & Billy Jordan for being great partners. Also enjoyed shooting with all the guys in our squad. Thanks again to Woody, Dave, RO’s, and the entire unseen workforce that combined to make the event happen. Big thanks to the Sponsors, especially Thunder Beast (I was lucky enough to get one of their cert); there was lots of good stuff on the prize table and I think most everyone picked up something.

Woody’s match is the only “Tactical” shoot I’ve competed in, but it is well worth the time & effort to attend if anyone is on the fence for the next match. Lots of fun, challenge, good people (minus the unfriendly dick with the Anemometer), and some really cool toys to check out. Also several guys that know what they are doing. If you pay attention you can pick up some great pointers. I know my team was faster this time than the 1st match we attended, even with a 2min penalty added this time. I don’t think anyone that shot the match didn’t come away with a lot learned.

The van/2x4 stage was really a separator. That was a tough stage for the man on the ground to say the least. Especially when you had to reach for bullets each shot. You guys need a table there to lay all the stuff out nice & neat for the 'bench'minded-handicap guys (hot Tea & Crumpets would be nice also
whistle.gif
). Left that stage both times disappointed (especially the 2nd round; 12 minutes in penalties at one stage
mad.gif
).

Congratulations to Ed & Barry on the win. Wish we could have meet you guys, but good shooting regardless. You guys rocked through the course for sure with .223’s in that wind. Dang nice shooting, it sure came down to the specifics with 5.08 seconds separating 1st & 2nd.

Congrates also to Lynn on winning the Sunday match. Notable performance on shooting well 2 days in a row. I know I was worn out after ALL day shooting Saturday (pretty much 11 hours straight of stress filled blasting). I also got to watch you run the “10 sec” stage, even after you were called for a re-shoot (I know that can mess with your mental game). Them bolt guns might not be soooo bad after all.

Enjoying the pics posted. I didn’t take any pictures at the match but can post the Accu-Shot Challenge certificate
grin.gif
. That format proved harder than expected with less than a 1/3 of the field receiving points from that stage. Of course ~0.8 MOA is getting pretty small (the 1” circle @ 125 yards) with a single cold bore shot.

ASCert.jpg

Looking forward to the next match!

That's some nice shooting there! Congrats!

That cold bore sponsor prize is a great idea from Accu-Shot that really tests the shooter. I kept a couple of the ones no one took that they did not hit and will test out the PRS tripod rig I have ordered

It was impressive how quick that Lynn took the stage with the Ocular T and the 2 MGM Sponsor heart targets (less than 10 seconds) with his bolt gun. I wish I was not down on the other range for that run

As has been the case the last few matches the competetion continues to impress me and it was Awesome to see Barry/Ed reap the rewards of all the practice they have put in

Looking forward to the fall match (once I recover)

Well after two days of clean up I want to say thank you to all who attended the match.The RO's and the rest of the crew who helped with the match.The sponsors support on the prize table.
I would have never thought this format of shooting would have grown to the level it is now.Wow!It was a hard match.All though the score does not reflect it. Pat(the ro on stage 2 all day)and I shot it on Fri. morning as did Dave and his partner.It was the first time I've had a chance to do so before the match while on the clock.What a rush!
If you finished in the top half of the match my hat is off to you.If not its not as easy as some folks think it is,especially if they have never shot it.Trust me my team was in the lower half.Keep working on position and communication skills with your partner.I know that is the key at this match.Not who has the best equipment.
As I have said in the past I will continue to improve on the small things that will make it flow a little better.Dave and I have a few months to work on some things.I just sent in my check for the FNH 3-gun match so, all my matches I have planed on shooting this year are on the calender.We will be posting the next match with in the next 45 days.

Shoot Straight
Woody

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was impressive how quick that Lynn took the stage with the Ocular T and the 2 MGM Sponsor heart targets (less than 10 seconds) with his bolt gun. I wish I was not down on the other range for that run</div></div>

I'm glad you were at another range. You'd have made me run it a third time for it to count!
grin.gif

I really appreciate the props fellas because it was tough a stage and having to do it again made it even worse.

It was a great match guys. I cant wait for the next one! Thanks very much to Woody and Dave and all the ROs for all the work they put in for the match. And thanks a lot to all the sponsors who put up prizes.

This looks like a good match, i'm going to have to try to make it to the next one!
is there a limit to how many teams?

We will be reviewing the match and possibly tweaking it some but the max we planned for was 35 teams for each session on Saturday and 40 indivdual shooters Sunday. Our goal is to ensure it is smooth and not a ton of wait time.

Given some of the feedback from Sunday it will ikely go from 4 stages to 6 with an earlier start time so folks still get on the road at a reasonable time. I suspect we may add some slots to the total.

Inforamtion will be slow until after the large 2 day 3 Gun is completed 6.2/6.3 . www.tarheel3gun.com which Woody and Charles will be running. Both of these guys are top notch match directors so if you are into 3 Gun it is something to consider

What a match....I would like to Thank Woody and his Dad for allowing us to shoot at such a great place....Thanks to Dave for putting this match together, Hell of a job buddy!!! also a few other thanks goes out to all the RO's, super job. and to the ladies in the food wagon..OMG best damn hotdogs I've had in a long time, I'm sure the fact that I was about to starve had nothing to do with it..... and finally to Ron's Barn for a fantastic meal...definitely not as good as Woody's dad's but good none the less. Also to the sponsor's, Thank you all so much for everything you did and donated. Makes it a lot more interesting to have something to "shoot" for.
I had a wonderful time, met some super outstanding people and learned alot in the process. Can't wait till the next one.
Last but not least I would like to give a shout out and thanks to my shooting partners Billy Jordan and Chris Brown. These guys along with Greg Myrick helped me so much understand everything you have to do to make you and your partner shoot better.
Thanks again to everyone,. great match and also great partners

Attended Woody’s DMM and LR matches last weekend. Both were really great matches and well attended! Had a good time and met lots of other good shooters and great people. Anyone who has not yet shot a match a Woody’s should put one of his future matches on their calendar as it is time and money well spent.

Many thanks to the sponsors, your support is greatly appreciated and will help to keep shooters coming back to these matches and expose shooters to your products! The prize table at the DMM match on Saturday had lots of nice goodies, and the trophies for the LR match on Sunday were a nice touch. It’s these tokens of appreciation for the shooters that keep folks coming back for more. A special thanks to John Paul from JP Enterprises!!! It was nice to see a such a well known company executive come out and play with the common folk and be so down to earth and approachable. Hopefully, more companies will follow his example as it really makes shooters pause and take notice. It’s great when the head of a company takes the time to get out in the field so potential customers have a chance to see them using their products and can talk with them in an informal setting.

A great big thanks to Dave and all the ROs and other supporters who provided their time and without whose help these matches would not be possible. Also, thanks to Woody for opening his doors and making us all feel so welcome! He has a great piece of property that he shares with the shooting community to host these matches, and I have no doubt that his matches will continue to get even better and become premier shooting events on the East coast! I know Woody is a busy guy and has a lot on his plate, but I think that more and more shooters are taking notice and eagerly looking forward to attend future matches that he puts on the schedule!!!

Fall Match Update sent to previous attendees earlier this week. More details to follow soon on the Hide

I will be there!!! Thanks Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fall Match Update sent to previous attendees earlier this week. More details to follow soon on the Hide </div></div>

Could you post the dates for the folks that have never been to the shoot?

Thanks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: McLarenRoss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Think you might want to start a new thread Dave? Definitely link to this one but I think a new thread is needed.</div></div>

+1

Can't wait for the next shoot at Woody's!

Details and dates will be out there for new shooters later this weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Details and dates will be out there for new shooters later this weekend </div></div>

tapping foot.........................................

Glad to see folks are anxious for the match. Sometimes web site upgrades take longer than expected

Shooters

We have the Fall match for Woodys scheduled for November 17th and 18th. Feedback from the last match (and other matches) has us doing a few changes to optimize the match. We will be going to an online registration similar to the Tarheel 3 Gun hosted at DPRC monthly. We will be asking for general information on your kit which helps us get sponsor commitment for the Spring Match which will have the Prize Table and Dinner Banquet. This information is an invaluable tool for me to obtain sponsors that will put prizes on the table for the Spring Match. We will also offer a choice of Team registration payment i.e. a selection box to mail in via personal check or to receive a “Pay Pal or Google Checkout bill (platform TBD)”. Registration payment will need to be received within 3 weeks to confirm the match slot. We will be asking the concession truck to come early and stay the bulk of the day to sell food and snacks since the dinner banquet will only be held at the Spring Matches

Saturday 11.17.12 will be the Designated Marksman Team Match. The format will be the same as in the past with a new start time approach which should help with the shorter daylight hours and possible make the time flow smoother. We will be posting a match .pdf book with the stages in advance of the match which will have the stages, rules, safety brief, etc. (some distance/time/target order info may be withheld to be given by the RO at some stages). This will allow us to start teams beginning at 7:30 am on Stage 1 with assigned start times in 7 to 10 minute intervals (TBD) with a goal for the awards being presented between 4:00 pm and 5:00 pm. The schedule will be set on a 1st come/ 1st preference basis based on registration time. We will ask for the team’s top timeslot preference. In addition registration will be opened up 3 weeks in advance to previous participants before general registration begins. A single team registration payment will be requested. As always Woody has already begun thinking of ways to ensure the DMM remains challenging. Team Slots will be limited due to the shorter days in November (Projected sunrise/sunset has been reviewed as part of planning the match and limiting the number of teams)

Sunday 11.18.12 will be the Individual Tactical Precision Marksman Match. Based on the positive feedback from the shooters (and a loud voice for more stages) we will expand the event to have between 6 and 8 stages. We will begin “Cold Bore” at 7:30 am with squads in 15 or 20 minute intervals (TBD). The goal will be to have the match and awards ceremony completed between 2:30 pm and 3:30 pm to allow for folks that need to get on the road. As with the DMM registration squading preferences will be based on registration order. Depending upon participation and feedback from the shooters we may consider holding this event in 2013 separately and expanding it to a 1.5 day event. DMM participants will be given slot preference in advance registration but participation in the DMM will not be required this time for the individual match. Registration for this match will be on line and can be made on the team registration form and also if you are not shooting the DMM or decided later to participate a registration will be available just for this match.

I'm ready to go. Had a blast at all the other matches at Woody's! Thanks for the update Dave.

Hello Dave, myself and my brother did not make the last match, but we were at the two previous matchs, will we be able to register during the first three weeks or is this just for the guys that were at the last match

Hey Dave,
We've not shot this match before, so can you bring me up to date on registration and such. In reading over the post, I've over-looked the registration dates... so if you have a chance, please PM me some info.
Thanks in advance,
Wayne

I will be sending previous shooters a preregistration link this weekend and that will start the 3 week clock till open registration begins.

Always good to have another East 10-E-C shooter ( I am from there originally myself)

Pre-registration has begun for the previous match shooters. I will open up general tregistration on 8.27.12

Look forward to seeing you @ the Farm

Shooters

Open registration will begin Sunday at the web site http://woodysmatch.com/ previous shooters should have gotten a pre-registration link if you did not please e-mail me [email protected]

The SUnday indivdual match has expanded to 7 stages and you do not have to shoot the team match to participate.

Look forward to seeing you all at the Farm

Semper Fi

Branson

Registration submitted....I've been looking forward to the fall match ever since I started my drive home from the last one in April.

Saturday clean would be 30 to 40 per shooter (bring more) SUnday will likely be 50 or so

Anyone familiar with the New Hill area? I need to find a hotel where thugs/pond scum don't frequent..

thanks

Cool, thanks Dave.

Don't know if I can make the match or not but keeping my fingers crossed.

I also want to mention that Southwest Ammo donated a $100 gift certificate for any team that beats the course record in the DMM portion. I'll let Dave give the exact time/score but if my math is right the time to beat is 906 seconds or 15:06 minutes.

November 17/18 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

Black-X Thanks for the hook up and I hope you can make it to the match

Re: November 17/18 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

We still have a few team slots for Saturday and several for Sunday. If you cannot make the Saturday 2 man the Sunday indivdual match will be taken to the next level.

Hell, I'm in on the Sunday match also. Dave, sending you a email...

Great and no worries on the request for Sunday squading.

Starting to get excited got a new dueling tree in from http://metaltargets.com/ and I think it will show up on Sunday. I got to admit Dave and Sparky @ Metal Targets make one heck of a product. The dueling tree and the invisible I got for my local club are some of the best built (and reasonably priced) I have seen.

Hey Dave, is this gonna be a "lost brass" match again or will we get a few seconds after the stages to police our brass. That was the only thing in the last one that I really disagreed with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should have plenty of time for your brass. </div></div>

Great! That's been my only complaint from the excellent match's at woody's!

Guys

We are setting close and I will have more info as committed ref. match details in the coming weeks.

There are 2 team slots open for Saturday and room to accomadate more on Sunday for the individual match. The individual match has a little more room since we will do the stages as squads and will not be fighting daylight

Looking forward to shooting with you all

Dave

I'm in on this, haven't signed up yet. Don't know whether I'll have a partner or not.

is there a bullet weight and speed limit for sundays match