• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Woody's Designated Marksman Match Sponsored By DPMS October 25th Series Finale

Re: APRIL 28 & 29 DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH AT WOODYS

Sounds great! I am finsishing stage design and scoring spreadsheet for the Sunday match today. Woody has the Saturday course of fire designed and ready to go.

It is looking like it will be one hell of a good and challenging match!

SOunds like a plan! Hope the PCS this way is going smooth for you!

Dave

Its going good so far. We have the house mostly packed and will get the truck Monday and roll out on Tuesday morning. Cant wait to get out there and meet everyone and settle into our house.

Travel safe and shoot me a note once you are settled in

Semper Fi

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sounds Great! I spent 4.5 years in Stumps back in the 80" teaching ground radio repair. CA used to be shooter friendly and where I learned what a long range shot truly was

Look forward to meeting you at the match</div></div>

I was at 29 Palms from 2003-2006 and at Camp Pendleton from 1992-1996. I never want to go back to California but I really did like 29 Palms, it was a great tour and there are some great places to shoot there.

The desrt and Joshua tree have their own beauty and back in the early to mid 80's the state was shooter friendly. HOpe to see tyou at the match please look me up gray bearded old marine

No worries sevral folks are in the same boat. As usual Woody has a great Saturday match in store and I think you will like what I have palnned for Sunday

Check is in the mail, I'm really looking forward to this match. I plan on shooting both matches on Saturday and the individual match on Sunday. I'll need a partner for both matches on Saturday.

Well I am w/o out a partner for the morning team event.

I am a MOA guy. I use MOA/MOA scopes. I like to have a partner that uses the same style. It minimizes any added clutter during comms while shooting. If there are any other MOA users that need a partner for the morning match, let me know.

Glad ypu are coming the more USMC the better in my jaded opinion. I will get you set up for Saturday

Re: JUNE 25TH NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

Is the list full yet? I have been dragging my feet on registration.

I have a partner and we both need to register.

Thanks!

The match is nearly full so please if you want a slot send in your registrations. It is looking like another outstanding martch at the farm

Branson, what size of targets can we expect? Depending on your answer I may have to either do some scope swapping between rifles or buy a new scope.

I have a Remington 700 .308 5R with a MK4 3.5x10 but I was thinking about running my Noveske SPR for the DM match. However, it's currently wearing a 1.25x4 VXR Patrol and that could be a problem past 300.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have a Remington 700 .308 5R with a MK4 3.5x10 but I was thinking about running my Noveske SPR for the DM match. However, it's currently wearing a 1.25x4 VXR Patrol and that could be a problem past 300.</div></div>

Not speaking as an organizer for the match, but 4x is going to be really tough. We had shots out to 500 on 10" plates last time.

We have had the march won by 2 young Marines with EO Techs. That said I would recommend magnified optics. SATURDAY targets will be 6"-12" and also LaRue's

Thanks for the response Branson, of course I saw the answer two posts above my original post in this thread shortly after reading your response. Unless I come up with a more appropriate scope for the SPR in the next month it looks like I'll be running the .308 boltgun all weekend.... like I need a reason to buy another scope.

[/quote]
Not speaking as an organizer for the match, but 4x is going to be really tough. We had shots out to 500 on 10" plates last time.[/quote]

I agree it's not ideal but if it came down to not shooting and shooting with the 4x Leupy I'd shoot with the 4x. No big deal, unless I can convince Home6 that I need to buy another scope within the next week or so I'll just run the .308. I just got the Noveske and really want to see what it can do. I really like the 1.25x4 VXR by the way, it's a neat little optic. I might dedicate it to use on my FAL when I get something new for the SPR.

I've qualified with an ACOG wearing M4 twice and the 500 yard line was the least of my concerns. The 200 yard standing, always a little rough, is even worse with an optic. One year I cleaned the 500 with an ACOG and the next year I dropped one point. Granted, the target is 20" wide and 40" tall but that was with a 14.5" barrel, issue ammo, and no bipod. It would be fun to see what I could do at 500 with that stainless Noveske barrel and some handloads with 77 gr SMKs from a bipod.

All

The morning session Saturday is now full and we have 5 team slots left in the afternoon session. In addtion we have room for 8 shooters on Sunday for the indivdual competetion.

Any in bound registrations for the morning that have not been recieved will be contacted about shooting the afternoon session on Saturday.

For everyone that has requested T-Shirts we will have the size/quantities you asked for at the registration desk and the cost will be $20.00 per

It is getting close to match day so gets some practice and we look forward to seeing you in a few weeks. I will be sending registration confirmation e-mail as a group in a few minutes if you do not recieve one please e-mail me [email protected] with your name and contact information. Some of the e-mail addresses were hard to read and my typing skills sometimes are less than perfect

Semper Fi

Dave

What a great thread!

I took my first DMR training class a month ago, and and I'm itching to get out and into the world of competition.

Maybe I will be able to make it to this match sometime in the not-so-distant future. Looks like you guys are doing a great job.

All

The match is now full for all sessions. I just spent the morning on the farm going over some items and ranges with Woody and also confirming zero. I have been working to hard lately its time for more dry fire and more practice for me if not I will never make it to Carniege Hall.....

Partner Sessions Saturday Morning/Afternoon clean round count will be 30 rds I highly suggest bringing extra

Sunday Indvidual competetion clean round count will be 25 rds

We are looking forward to seeing you all in a few weeks at the farm

Semper Fi

Dave

All shots will be past 50 yards on both days. I always run my rifle dopes to at least 1,000 yds up to 308 caliber and higher for larger rounds.

It will be a GREAT match! Not sure how much info Woody will want out prior to the match past the round count. I am sure we will have more updates closer to the match. The farms 350 or so acres really faciltates great options

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Partner Sessions Saturday Morning/Afternoon clean round count will be 30 rds I highly suggest bringing extra

Semper Fi

Dave </div></div>

First time with this match. Thanks for the min round count, so, I should be good to go with 200 rounds for both days, right?

Checking my understanding of what I've read so far... we are not penalized by misses, only time, correct? So, we have as many shots to neutralize each target as we want as long as all are neutralized within the 6 min time limit by both partners.

Shooting in the afternoon match, hope my golden horseshoe is working that day
smile.gif

each second used is a point and every missed target has x# of seconds cost

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pusher591</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting in the afternoon match, hope my golden horseshoe is working that day
smile.gif
</div></div>

Nice, I'll see you there buddy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">each second used is a point and every missed target has x# of seconds cost</div></div>

When will we know X? Also, can targets be skipped, or will it be like last match?

I beleve Woody will be briefing that level of details at the match and the RO's during the stage brief

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I beleve Woody will be briefing that level of details at the match and the RO's during the stage brief</div></div>

I want to start gaming ahead of time
smile.gif

All

I have an inndivdual who needs a partner for the morning match. His partner has had to unexpecttly go out of town that weekend. He has participated in all the previous matches. Please PM or e-mail me if you are interested in getting in on this match

Thanks

All

The match is now full except for the SUnday indivdual competetion and I will open that up to non-DSM shooters (5) slots just PM or e-mail me [email protected] .

In additon we have 1 single shooter for the Saturday morning session if you are interested. This is a solid shooter running a semi-auto and a great guy if interested PM or e-mail me

Thanks

Dave

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In addition we have 1 single shooter for the Saturday morning session if you are interested. This is a solid shooter running a semi-auto and a great guy if interested PM or e-mail me

Thanks

Dave </div></div>

BUMP to help find a partner for the AM single shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bunsen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: branson1369</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In addition we have 1 single shooter for the Saturday morning session if you are interested. This is a solid shooter running a semi-auto and a great guy if interested PM or e-mail me

Thanks

Dave </div></div>

BUMP to help find a partner for the AM single shooter. </div></div>

Hey y'all.... I am in need of a partner for the AM match. I'm running a junky ole Badger 6.5 CM that I just threw together. I am also using MOA reticles / lingo and would prefer a shooter that uses MOA as well.

Dave, I'm rushing to get those AI/Badger wrenches done for the prize table. Do I need to send them ahead of time or can I bring them the day of ?

Dennis

I have you paired up in the morning so you are good to go. Bringing the wrench with you is fine and saves you some $$$

Dave

April 28+29 NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

Shooters everyione who needed a partner has been paired with one.

We have now gotten 100 shooters registered over the 2 day period so we will have one heck of a match down on the farm

Re: April 28+29 NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

We will get you snapped in to the NC shoooting community. We are real lucky to have Woodys, Tarheel 3 Gun, SNiper Golf, Juniper Swamp and a ton of other matches. It is a great area for trigger addicts!!!

Re: April 28+29 NC DESIGNATED MARKSMAN MATCH

Copy of previous post on round count:

All

Semper Fi

Dave