• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Optics WTB: Stainless Leupold VX3, 50 mm objective. Gift for my father to match an older stainless rifle.

Jay Ell Gee

Habitual Lurker
Minuteman
Apr 11, 2011
Tennessee
Hey everyone. This one is definitely a long shot, but I am trying to source a Leupold V3III, particularly something like the 4.5-14x50, in a stainless finish. My father picked up an older stainless rifle and wants a stainless scope to match the time period. Who knew he was a cloner?

Anyway, if anyone has any leads on one, I would greatly appreciate it. They are quite difficult to find nowadays, so I thought that I may just try here. If you happen to have one that you would like to part with, please let me know! Can pay via PP.

Not sure it fits the bill but I’ve got a 3.5-10x40 Vari-X III in silver. One turret cap has a small dent that distorted the finish.

Won’t be home for 2 weeks yet to get anymore pictures.

Attachments

• DFC258B1-FA75-47F7-AAAD-5CE0E8804A17.png
    DFC258B1-FA75-47F7-AAAD-5CE0E8804A17.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: Jay Ell Gee
Not sure it fits the bill but I’ve got a 3.5-10x40 Vari-X III in silver. One turret cap has a small dent that distorted the finish.

Won’t be home for 2 weeks yet to get anymore pictures.

I appreciate the offer, but he is set on a 50. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Of course, I know the silvers are kind of scarce to find if that’s your thing. Good luck with the hunt.

No worries. My father is rebuilding an old setup and just wants it for nostalgia purposes. We will likely have to go with something else. They are indeed scarce!

Sent a pic. Not a 50.

Thanks again for sending the photo. The hunt continues!

Look at this on eBay

Not affiliated to eBay or that seller but thought I would send the link.

Last edited: