• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors WTF AAC Price Change

Re: WTF AAC Price Change

call and see if they will honor the new cost, if thats the right price for the same can

Wow you are right. I bet because they are making so many of them the price has gone down.

I bought it thru a Class 3 dealer friend of mine and he has asked about the price change and AAC has yet to respond. Earlier this year I was at the Shot Show, went by their booth and complained about the delivery time. I didn't know about the price change at the time of the show or I would have bitched about that too.

They gave me a cozy and AAC pen and said have a nice day.

Since the sale was in their last fiscal year I have a feeling I'm fucked on trying to get any change back.

Might be able to get another can thrown in, though?

I know it sucks but that is kind of the name of the game.

Car dealers blow out last years model too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMMOWASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it sucks but that is kind of the name of the game.

</div></div>

I'm not sure what you are talking about?

This is not last years model. It is the same can as it was last year.

Last year's car models aren't more expensive than this years.

The Titan price dropped by near 50%. How could AAC have possibly found a way to cut their overhead and cost of production and lower their unit cost by almost 50% and still make a reasonable profit. So if they are making a 30 to 35% profit now they were at almost 90% before. That's pretty frigging nuts.

its the same thing that happened with the tirant. they promoted them put a price of 1200 or so and then after the first couple orders- mainly to polite society, the dropped the price to 850.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Titan price dropped by near 50%. How could AAC have possibly found a way to cut their overhead and cost of production and lower their unit cost by almost 50% and still make a reasonable profit. So if they are making a 30 to 35% profit now they were at almost 90% before. That's pretty frigging nuts. </div></div>

Easy, because $3300-3500 for a Supressor is fucking insane in the first place... It's just a tube, with washers in it....

Having big Remington backing may have allowed them to pick up a few machines that streamlined the manufacturing process...and they may be making more of them, reducing the overall cost of each unit. Economies of scale, as it were. Sorry about your luck, sounds like a good time to buy one!
smile.gif

I think I would be ticked off too. I am sure you will have issues being a repeat customer if they dork you over. I hope they take care of you. I am in the market for a suppressor and I will take a hard look at this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

The Titan price dropped by near 50%. How could AAC have possibly found a way to cut their overhead and cost of production and lower their unit cost by almost 50% and still make a reasonable profit. So if they are making a 30 to 35% profit now they were at almost 90% before. That's pretty frigging nuts. </div></div>

Easy, because $3300-3500 for a Supressor is fucking insane in the first place... It's just a tube, with washers in it.... </div></div>

You are absolutely right. I was fucking insane to do it in the first place! Thanks

I read somewhere that its simply because the quantity of orders they are taking now on the Titan allow them to buy materials in such a volume that they can get it all a lot cheaper and thus pass the savings on to the consumer.

I would have a hard time believing they wont do something to help you....but who knows.

The Army's XM2010 sniper rifle uses the Titan suppressor. So they now have a whole line dedicated to making just that suppressor. From what I was told, they have to deliver so many a month to the gov. and the rest goes out to the public. I have one waiting for me to do the form 4 on.

total bullshit. i got screwed on the ti-rant price reduction. i complained they sent me a couple of quick attach flash hiders for another aac can I had. big deal ...major malfunction selling tirants now for like $700ish?

and it isn't like last years model of car. Cars don't drop 50%!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AMMOWASTER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know it sucks but that is kind of the name of the game.

</div></div>

I'm not sure what you are talking about?

This is not last years model. It is the same can as it was last year.

Last year's car models aren't more expensive than this years.

It would be called a massive military order. Thus making production cheaper because they are already making so many, time and material prices can come down. Dedicated assembly line has a lot to do with machining and welding Ti.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Easy, because $3300-3500 for a Supressor is fucking insane in the first place... It's just a tube, <span style="color: #FF0000">with washers in it</span>.... </div></div>

Not washers.....
whistle.gif

Mark Wahlberg works for a different company.

Silence price wars anyone?

I know the Tirant carried a high retail price....until the Silencerco Osprey showed up. I cant speak on the specific can mentioned in this thread but with a retail price of 3K there has to be HUGE wiggle room on cost. Even priced at 2 grand the mark up has to be pretty steep.

Hopefully they comp you in some fashion other than a coffee cup and "T" shirt. All cans are a special interest items with limited competition. I like AAC but their marketing tactics are all about the money. Like my M4-2000 that requires the use of the AAC mount but oops,its no longer included with the can like the earlier ones. They got me for an extra $100.

The price drop on your can makes mine pretty intangible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Easy, because $3300-3500 for a Supressor is fucking insane in the first place... It's just a tube, <span style="color: #FF0000">with washers in it</span>.... </div></div>

Not washers.....
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Yes washers... Some like to refer to them as baffles, but let's be real here. It's a piece of tube, and a stack of washers. Lol

IMO, its called a top, a collapse.
No Ti unit, even one man out of <span style="font-weight: bold">solid U.S. high grade</span>
and <span style="font-weight: bold">deep penetration welded </span>should have cost that much.
R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S reaming of customers.
Compare that unit to an AWC .338 Titanium....$1,995 (sound familiar?)
Think REFITS (good business)....add the can to it.

Think you feel bad how about the DEALERS!
This is not the first time this has happened and they buy up front and in numbers.
Two years ago? 25% right up the kazoo....

Buckle up...

Better not be washers!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WHITE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Not washers.....
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Yes washers... Some like to refer to them as baffles, but let's be real here. It's a piece of tube, and a stack of washers. Lol </div></div>

Precision washers that is.
A washer welded to a core support then wire EDM'ed to finished internal size / diameter.

Think of it like a very high priced Midas muffler shop.

Here is what you do...

Get off the computer
Pick up the phone
Call AAC

Why not give customer service a chance. Don't wait on your dealer. Call them, They won't bite!!!

This is essentially the same as complaining that it's cheaper to fill your gas tank now than when it was a week ago.

I'm sure you're really frustrated I can understand why, but prices for items fluctuate all the time. You just happened to buy at the wrong time it happens to all of us. It's part of doing business, and shrewd consumers always seek the best time to purchase something. With big Remington taking over and lots of huge orders rolling in you picked the worst possible time to buy. You bought the snowcone from the only snowcone shop in the desert.

It really sucks, but it's not AAC's fault they're now able to give their customers better prices.

Better luck next time.

This happens in the technology arena all the time. It's extremely common that you'll buy an item like a processor or motherboard and something comes out two weeks later that drops the cost 50%. It's generally just considered a cost of doing business in a rapidly changing world.

Um... Let me get this straight...

1. You ordered a silencer that cost $3500
2. You knew it cost $3500
3. You will get the silencer for $3500

And somehow you are getting screwed????

Yes, it sucks for you, but the company didn't do anything wrong, and if they don't do anything to "make it right" that's fine.....it already IS right!!!

For the third time in three weeks...

Capitalism means...
The seller can ask for <span style="font-weight: bold">ANY</span> price.
The buyer can offer <span style="font-weight: bold">ANY</span> price.
When the asking price and offered price meet we call that a sale.

There are other economic systems out there, and I'm not saying which is best (rules about political posts and all), but if you want to operate under a different system, go somewhere that uses a different system.

That is one spendy can... early adopters always get screwed..

even though you didn't get screwed. I bet you where jazzed when you bought it.

always wait for gen 2 everything!

Cancel your original order....... then place order for new can for new price. Problem solved.

Hey look at all the guys that waited in line overnight to pay $600 for the Iphone then a few weeks later the price dropped by $200. Thats pretty much the norm when your the first on the block to order something. Not sayin it doesnt suck but it is what it is....capitalism.

It does sound a little crappy I ordered mine a couple months ago at the new price, and it showed up a week ago. I would contact them if I were you.

28jur1i.jpg

If you ever get a chance to look inside one you should. It's a very unique baffle system that has no resemblence to washers. It's also made of grade 5 Ti and a pressure treated Grade 23 Ti tube as well as deep penetration welding. Nobody else is unsing that grade of materials, thus the military feels it will withstand the rigors of battle and bought it. Not trying to be a fanboy but it does have some differences that seperate it from the others. Just my 2 cents.

They are dropping the price on several suppressors, as they are getting ready to introduce several new upgraded versions to the marketplace. Example, the M4-2000 will be dropping to the price of the M4-1000, because a new version will be hitting the streets soon, compound that with the backing of the new parent company. Wait an see what happens.

When you made the purchase, you made a value judgement that you would rather have X-suppressor than Y-amount of FRNs. AAC isn't bound not to give other folks a better deal simply because they made a particular deal with you last year.

Personal responsibility. Live it.

-David
Edgewood, NM

I got to hold a QD TiTan this weekend at the NRA show. QUALITY!!! I wish I'd of went this route. They weigh half what my shark 338 can weighs. 2 blast baffles or not.

You'll be happy with it when it shows up. Sucks about the cost though. I feel your pain!

Easy, because $3300-3500 for a Supressor is fucking insane in the first place... It's just a tube, with washers in it.... </div></div>

+1

They did the same thing with the Tirant's a few years back. I know some of the dealers got screwed selling at/below cost just to move them.

If the OP had his can in hand and then the price dropped it would be a "oh well live and learn" moment but where AAC hasn't delivered it yet and people are getting them now for the lower price, the OP's can should come with a refund.

Its unfortunate that some people are caught in the "in between" but recognizing the upside here: they are lowering prices. Whether its volume. Competition. Leveraging Remington's pull with suppliers to get AAC its parts under central contracting... whatever.

Quality suppressors. Less expensive.

At the end of the day, hopefully some of those on this thread find a remedy together with AAC but at the end of the day, I think this is a positive thing, and we all experience "price rift". Such as when that optic you preordered at damn near MSRP comes out and price drops within the first month of its release in stores? Same deal here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Captain Moroni</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If the OP had his can in hand and then the price dropped it would be a "oh well live and learn" moment but where AAC hasn't delivered it yet and people are getting them now for the lower price, the OP's can should come with a refund. </div></div>

There are many good points brought up here. In the end, I have to agree with the Captain.

No dif than buying guns or Ammo during the "Panic" periods following elections... You pay out the Ass, then the price drops back to normal. You are to deep in it to do anything but keep it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~Ace~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No dif than buying guns or Ammo during the "Panic" periods following elections... You pay out the Ass, then the price drops back to normal. You are to deep in it to do anything but keep it. </div></div>

Good point.