• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms WTS: 260 Rem from Savage Special Order desk (SPF)

Macdaddy

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
Clarke County, VA
Due to several recent PM requests for more pics, I have provided the following: I've got a Savage 260 that was put together out of their Special Order desk several years back. This is Savage's version of their custom shop. It's based off of a stainless Model 16 (bolt) action. Heavy, fluted, 24 inch stainless barrel. Accutrigger. Detachable stainless box magazine. Black synthetic stock with two forward studs (and one rear), Karsten adjustable cheek piece and a nice recoil pad. It's currently topped with an older, Leupold VariX III 6.5-20 x50 scope. with Mil reticle. I believe the picatinny rail on it is 20 MOA. I had this put together to use as my long range practice rifle but never really put it to good use. Probably has less than 150 rounds down the tube. Easily shoots sub MOA. Although I really like this rifle, it just sits in the safe and I think it's time to let someone else actually enjoy it.
$800 for just the rifle. $950 for rifle with scope. (bi-pod not included.) Will split the cost of shipping. Listed elsewhere too. First public "I'll Take it" out-trumps all back channel correspondence. Time stamp from either site will take precedence.

Attachments

• 102_3934-1.JPG
    102_3934-1.JPG
    382.1 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_0053 2.JPG
    IMG_0053 2.JPG
    338.3 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6158 2.JPG
    IMG_6158 2.JPG
    291.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1259 2.JPG
    IMG_1259 2.JPG
    319.5 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_1300 5.JPG
    IMG_1300 5.JPG
    370.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_4601 2.JPG
    IMG_4601 2.JPG
    283.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2835 2.JPG
    IMG_2835 2.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
I'm a savage fan, I shoot a LRP 260. Amazing little cartridge. Good luck with your sale.

I'm a savage fan, I shoot a LRP 260. Amazing little cartridge. Good luck with your sale.
Thanks 1clicktrick, it is a really nice cartridge and rifle package. I just dropped the price but if it doesn't move soon, I'll probably just keep it and make it a point to shoot it. Won't regret doing that either. Take care.

I've got a Savage 260 that was put together out of their Special Order desk several years back. This is Savage's version of their custom shop. It's based off of a stainless Model 16 (bolt) action. Heavy, fluted, 24 inch stainless barrel. Accutrigger. Detachable stainless box magazine. Black synthetic stock with two forward studs (and one rear), Karsten adjustable cheek piece and a nice recoil pad. It's currently topped with an older, Leupold 6.5-20 scope. I believe the picatinny rail on it is 20 MOA. I had this put together to use as my long range practice rifle but never really put it to good use. Probably has less than 150 rounds down the tube. Easily shoots sub MOA. Although I really like this rifle, it just sits in the safe and I think it's time to let someone else actually enjoy it.
$800 plus shipping. Scope and bi-pod not included. Listed elsewhere too.

Where are you located

I've got a Savage 260 that was put together out of their Special Order desk several years back. This is Savage's version of their custom shop. It's based off of a stainless Model 16 (bolt) action. Heavy, fluted, 24 inch stainless barrel. Accutrigger. Detachable stainless box magazine. Black synthetic stock with two forward studs (and one rear), Karsten adjustable cheek piece and a nice recoil pad. It's currently topped with an older, Leupold VariX III 6.5-20 x50 scope. with Mil reticle. I believe the picatinny rail on it is 20 MOA. I had this put together to use as my long range practice rifle but never really put it to good use. Probably has less than 150 rounds down the tube. Easily shoots sub MOA. Although I really like this rifle, it just sits in the safe and I think it's time to let someone else actually enjoy it.
$800 plus shipping for just the rifle. $1000 for rifle with scope. (bi-pod not included.) Listed elsewhere too.
Hello, Is this still available? If so would you please send me a photo of the bolt face and close up of the bolt itself. It looks very nice in the photo in the ad. Is the stock the original or did you replace it. My email is [email protected]. Thanks, Bill