• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xbolt Hells canyon 26 nosler re-chamber to 6.5 saum?

Bluebear

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2017
Ideally I wanted to build a 7rsaum but there’s a a couple of xbolt 26 nosler rifles for sale fairly cheap(wonder why 🙄)here in Australia. Having played with the 7mm rum I’ve no desire to burn that much powder and 26 nosler brass is over $200 AUD for 25pcs! Besides the 6.5 saum /gap4s? Or wsm Version seems much more practical. Cut off barrel threads and ream out the saum? I guess the other issue is feeding from the nosler size magazine…

Ideally I wanted to build a 7rsaum but there’s a a couple of xbolt 26 nosler rifles for sale fairly cheap(wonder why 🙄)here in Australia. Having played with the 7mm rum I’ve no desire to burn that much powder and 26 nosler brass is over $200 AUD for 25pcs! Besides the 6.5 saum /gap4s? Or wsm Version seems much more practical. Cut off barrel threads and ream out the saum? I guess the other issue is feeding from the nosler size magazine…
Saum should feed from a nosler mag, all based on 404 jeffery parent. Setting the factory barrel back, I'd personally just put a new barrel on. The smith will likely charge same or more money to set back and rechamber as he'd charge for a new barrel job.

Last edited:
A new barrel on an xbolt I don’t think would be worth it.
Add on the price of a new barrel, and if trying to match the hells canyon barrel ‘look’ then add on fluting, muzzle threading and brake….and cerekote. Easily 1000-1500 aud, whereas a rechamwr/setback on the existing barrel(if it can be done) maybe $300- $500?? I want to know if it can be done/ is there enough ‘meat’ in the barrel to do this?

Do you ever have enough tenon to rethread ? Doubt it’s worth it.

I don't think building a custom chambered rig off a browning stock/action/barrel is worth any of my money, but maybe it is in your shoes if you're for simplicity and quick availability.

I have a Browning XBolt in 26 Nosler. Surprised to recently find factory Nosler ammo for 142ABLRs available at blem prices at the Nosler Pro Shop. Got 4 boxes and that should last me several years or more for a hunting rifle.