• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

Just a General observation regarding the issue of extended scope bases. Wouldnt it be easier to machine a channel down the center of top of the Nut holding the tubular forend on? Granted that space still isnt usable but it would be easier than shortening the scope bases I would think.

Maybe?

So I guess my first build is officially underway. Bought my XLR stock used off of a member here so I didnt wait 10 weeks. Here is a crappy cell phone pic. I am starting with a Remington 700 AAC. I am going to send my XLR off to be dipped in ATACS camo as soon as I can decide on a place to send it to.

IMG_20110802_184010.jpg

Now if only I could decide on an optic...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Attila The Hun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked with Kyle today, and as usual he will fix the problem. I will send it back tomorrow, and he will give me an other one. So I hope a problem solved. If I understand correctly he will send me a bit different model.I had a the ACE mechanism that it ships with the chassis. </div></div>

Let us know how the fix goes.

well finally got my xlr to a point where it is worth showing. let me know if you guys have any questions. i have about 300 rounds down range with it and the chassis is amazing. here are some of my iPhone image i will get the slr out and shoot some good images of it later

image.jpg

photo2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy crap!!!!!!!!

how long is that scope... your setup looks awesome </div></div>

If I'm not mistaken, it's a Millett LRS. It's a giant club of a scope with a 3 foot sunshade and an OAL of 6.5 feet. Gets the job done though.

Love the stock and wish it was available for my TRG 22..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine that I just got together finally today. Pre-paint and pre-brake.
284-1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that NF a 50mm or 56mm?

anyone have an APA genisis action in the xlr. I am really thinking about switching from my manners t5a to one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good, but you must have arms like a Gorilla with that LOP. </div></div>

6'4 220lb, it is not bad to carry around, i am ordering the stock folding device so that it will fit in my backpack.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trophyhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">holy crap!!!!!!!!

how long is that scope... your setup looks awesome </div></div>

it is the millet LRS-1 6-25, it is a nice optic, and the rings it comes with clear the xlr with out having to put a 20moa on it. i still have to weight it to see where i am sitting at that point.
but thanks, looking at putting a different barrel and a suppresser on it now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THEBEARRRRRRJEW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's mine that I just got together finally today. Pre-paint and pre-brake.
284-1.jpg
</div></div>

Is that NF a 50mm or 56mm? </div></div>

50mm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have you talked to Kyle about it? Ask him if he is willing to do one. </div></div>

He is. As I understand it, Kyle just needs someone to send one in so he can inlet for it. Flynn's situation is unique in that he isn't in a location is conducive to mailing a rifle.

One year after buying a XLR....I'm still incredibly satisfied.
2011-08-03003620.jpg

Went out for a birthday shoot on the 22nd.
Heres some of my friends givin it a go (most of their shots are at 100-350)

2011-08-21180029.jpg

2011-08-21182644.jpg

296428_538293894615_205400015_31336689_1268042_n.jpg

I took a couple shots at 350 just messing around, found this when I walked out. Couldnt be happier.
2011-08-21183422.jpg

I know its not a five shot group, but its hard to get a 5 shot when I only take two and move onto another target.

Mostly shooting clay pigeons at that range so not really shooting groups, just shooting targets. All in all a great way to start my 21st birthday.

BY THE WAY! Something that has been troubling me for months, ever since a nice little someone posted something about it, and maybe Kyle can chime in here. Is there a bullpup XLR chassis in the works?! This kinda faded into darkness and honestly....I would buy one in a second.

can some one help me out here... i have a 700 sa chassis, i have my pss 700 in it... will a surgeon action fit in this stock, or is there a "surgeon specific" chassis that i would have to get?? i looked at their website and could not decipher yes or no, so does any one have an answer?? i want to be able to "swap" one barreled action in for the other as i chose...
thanks MC

bump for an answer, i know it says they have inlets for 700 sa, and surgeon 591, but are these chassis' identical, or do they have small variations???

Just call Kyle at XLR Industries and talk to him directly. He is ussually pretty good about picking up the phone or returning your call.

Hello MC, We have a specific inlet for the 591 because the bolt handle drops farther and it has a large side bolt release. The 700 SA would work in the Surgeon inlet but you may have to put a small notch in the bolt handle release for the swept bolt.

-Kyle ~ XLR

how is this stock at managing recoil? i am building a .375/.408 chey tac improved and am wandering if this stock is heavy enough to take the abuse and how much of that abuse its gong to pass on to my sholder in comparison to other stocks.

Just got done painting up my XLR chassis with my take on a krylon rattlecan job. Truthfully It was too much of a pain in the ass and if I had to do it all over again the whole gun would look like the bipod does.

Check it out here

Again, I'd like to thank Kyle as I lost the screws and back plate for my foreaem rail and Kyle replaced them for free and ASAP. Really cannot say enough about this guy. Top Notch

Once I get my SS 5-20 HD she'll be all done.
smile.gif

Just got my hands on this recently and I'm very pleased with it. A test fit showed (to no surprise) that my Seekins 34mm low rings weren't going to allow the objective to clear so I ordered a set of highs. When they came in I was disappointed to find that things still weren't going to clear. I thought about what to do for several hours and just wasn't fond of switching to another brand of rings. Seekins have served me well and I wanted to stick with what has worked. I put on my hillbilly gunsmithing hat, grabbed a couple of files and went to work. I spoke with Kyle about it and he doesn't believe it's going to create any structural integrity issues, there is still plenty of material left. Just thought I'd post up some pics for those with a similar setup so they'd know what to expect.
P1040529.jpg

P1040530.jpg

P1040532.jpg

I've fired the rifle and loaded the bipod with my shooting partner watching and there is no evidence that the objective is making contact with the stock under recoil. The groups I'm laying down suggest that everything is good to go. The Atlas is new to me also and I'm really liking it so far.

Kyle was great to work with on this project. I've got a folding stock adapter on the way which I'll get installed next week. The stock will then be headed to AJ Brown arms for a dip in ATACS camo around mid month. I'll post up some pics when it's done. I've seen several examples of the ATACS on rifles that AJ has done and it should look fantastic.

Thanks Kyle!

I thought about doing that but the opening would have needed to be widened as well so I just went at it with a file to preserve as much material as possible.

I had the same issue with my rings. The scope had approximately 1 cm of clearance. Surprisingly enough,even when I purposefully loaded the bipod heavily, the handguard didn't even move an mm. Now for the bad news...that damn BC cap didn't fit, so I cut a 3/4" notch out of it but then the threads were still touching the guard. Off with the threads! Then the cap wouldn't stay on. Higher rings were in my future, I guess...

I've called myself reading this entire post but may have missed this. I'm interested in an XLR chassis with the original stock because of the added adjustment. For those of you that have one, how rigid is it? I have no doubt the tac and HD stocks are plenty rigid but what about the stadard one. I don't want it to flex during recoil or when loading the bipod. One other question for those who changed to this chassis from a Manners T-4. Did you see ANY decrease in accuracy?

Thanks in advance.

What rings are you guys running with 20MOA/50mm objective combos?

I'm expecting my chassis soon and need to change up my current ring/mount setup. I'm going to be tossing a swfa 5-20 on top.

I've got my eye on a Badger 20moa and TPS highs right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Phylodog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just got my hands on this recently and I'm very pleased with it. A test fit showed (to no surprise) that my Seekins 34mm low rings weren't going to allow the objective to clear so I ordered a set of highs. When they came in I was disappointed to find that things still weren't going to clear. I thought about what to do for several hours and just wasn't fond of switching to another brand of rings. Seekins have served me well and I wanted to stick with what has worked. I put on my hillbilly gunsmithing hat, grabbed a couple of files and went to work. I spoke with Kyle about it and he doesn't believe it's going to create any structural integrity issues, there is still plenty of material left. Just thought I'd post up some pics for those with a similar setup so they'd know what to expect.
P1040529.jpg

P1040530.jpg

P1040532.jpg

I've fired the rifle and loaded the bipod with my shooting partner watching and there is no evidence that the objective is making contact with the stock under recoil. The groups I'm laying down suggest that everything is good to go. The Atlas is new to me also and I'm really liking it so far.

Kyle was great to work with on this project. I've got a folding stock adapter on the way which I'll get installed next week. The stock will then be headed to AJ Brown arms for a dip in ATACS camo around mid month. I'll post up some pics when it's done. I've seen several examples of the ATACS on rifles that AJ has done and it should look fantastic.

Thanks Kyle! </div></div>

I love this rifle.

Mine is on order and cant wait to get it....barrel having brake and threading done...Will post up as soon as i get it.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: locotrician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how is this stock at managing recoil? i am building a .375/.408 chey tac improved and am wandering if this stock is heavy enough to take the abuse and how much of that abuse its gong to pass on to my sholder in comparison to other stocks. </div></div>

Not sure it would be a fair comparison between my current XLR and my Choate Ultimate Sniper....

The good thing about the XLR is it is a fairly light chasis. I'm considering it to build adjustable guns for my kids and friends kids. The Choate meanwhile is pretty heavy and can have weight added.

In comparing the shooting between the two, the Choate does tend to dampen vibration better. When I shoot the XLR, there is a "spoing" type of feeling under heavy recoil. Must note, I now have a lighter carbon fiber wrapped barrel now that the heavy AMU contour barrel I had with the Choate.

I haven't noticed much difference in the recoil between the A5 I was using and the XLR. If anything, the comfort of the XLR makes shooting it more pleasant than the A5 which is why I bought it in the first place (and the added benefits of a folding stock, no bedding and a built in ability to run a NV optic forward of my scope).

I have noticed a difference in the harmonics when you fire the rifle. This is to be expected with an aluminum chassis over a composite one. Kind of the difference between hitting a ball with a wood bat or an aluminum one.

It is not unpleasant at all. It's just a little different.

I really have a desire to pickup another, but I need to get my M40A1 done first.

Happiness is a tracking number, thx Kyle. Now if that TBAC 30-BA Form 4 would just clear....

XLR is great company to do business with...

ZY

Just placed an order for another chassis today for my 40X trainer. I hate waiting but it'll be worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZY100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happiness is a tracking number, thx Kyle. </div></div>

Guess I have another six weeks or so to be happy. Waiting sucks.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: crunchysuperman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZY100</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Happiness is a tracking number, thx Kyle. </div></div>

Guess I have another six weeks or so to be happy. Waiting sucks.
smile.gif
</div></div>

Take a number. I'm finally around a week or so out (assuming the quoted 8 week lead time is holding up) and it's felt like 18 weeks.

Roughly week 8/9ish of 10 for me. I have a feeling the wait will have been well worth it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rockwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the overall length on a R700 SA 20" barrel with the standard tactical stock on it? I know its adjustable but if I can get a ballpark that would be good.

My parents just gave me a Pelican 1720 case today as an early xmas present and I want to make sure it will fit after I purchase the chassis. </div></div>

Why not get the folder so you can fit other things in the case with it? (mags, ammo, parts, accessories etc)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rockwood</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's the overall length on a R700 SA 20" barrel with the standard tactical stock on it? I know its adjustable but if I can get a ballpark that would be good.

My parents just gave me a Pelican 1720 case today as an early xmas present and I want to make sure it will fit after I purchase the chassis. </div></div>

Your case will be fine. My Savage 308PC with a 20" barrel measures 40 5/16" with a LOP of 14 1/4". Normally use the other action in this stock (16.75" barrel) but the Savage/Rem actions should be very close and you have a inch and a half to play with. Pic from last weekend with the short barrel 223 action.
IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg