• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Re: XLR Chassis Stock

The great part is regardless of ring height the chassis will still adjust for a great fit. I have 1.6" tall rings to allow for a front clip on NV device and it still works great for me.
XLR223build.jpg

Just need to get some cash for the new Carbon chassis now!(next build)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Marine, Play around with the scope heights and see what differences you get. There is really not much change.

Here is a post I did some time ago on the subject:

http://snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads....962#Post3073962

That being said, there is still a small affect and I do try and keep my scope as close to the hand guard as possible. It is just not something to put a lot of emphasis on.

-Kyle ~ XLR </div></div>

Thanks Kyle, good info. Learn something new everyday...

So I found out my chassis was complete and ready to ship within hours of some spineless *censored* fraudulently charging hundreds of dollars to the ol' bank account. The only two things that are apparent are: Murphy's law is still a major part of my life, and my rifle budget is at the liberty of "investigative services."

Kyle, (this hurts to say) it might be a week or longer until I can complete our transaction.

To anyone on here amidst the waiting period for an XLR chassis, I ordered mine mid May.

+1 to XLR and Kyle for being ahead of schedule and for allowing my chassis to collect a little dust while I sort this mess out.

Build is done. For the most part. Trigger and barrel paint to come later. Pic of gun doesn't do justice. Went to the range to brake in the barrel. Shot only 20 shots including sighting in the scope. Here's some of the three best 3 shot groups. Need to do some 5 and 10 shot groups. First pic is at 200 yards shots 8 9 10 @ 0.66in. And second pic is 100 yards shots 5 6 7 @ 0.40 in. Wind was up and no sand bags in the rear. And no load development. Soon will have it at 600 yards.

IMAG0378.jpg

Got mine Thursday, very satisfied. Excellent workmanship. Action bolted in like it was born there. Still waiting on AI with the magazine, guess there is a shortage. This stock is very nicely adjustable and I can get more comfortable with it than with any other stock I have tried. I have a Millett 56mm scope on the tall mounting rings and it clears the vent guard by about 1/4".

Thanks Kyle, nice product and great communication.

I should be getting my XLR chassis the first part of September. I got my barreled action back yesterday and am wondering what color cerakote, preferably lighter, go well with the anodized green chassis? Anyone care to share some photos or advise with me it would be greatly appreciated.

JW

G'day Guys,
Having read the whole thread...I think
I might have missed it but is anybody running a 56mm objective lens scope with a 34mm body?
I want to put a March 5-50 x 56 scope on a Standard remmy 700 short action with a Seekin 20moa rail.
I want to use some butler creeks on the scope.
Anybody have a similar rig, and what minimum hight rings I will need?
Any Recommendations would be great.
Mark

When you drop your action into the chassis does any modification need to be made to accept the AI mags? I've got Savage 12 DBM action if that makes a difference.

I know this may be a really dumb question but I've never had a DBM bolt gun before and I didn't want to take my stock off to check since it's pillar bedded and I don't have a torque wrench in inch pounds yet to torque it back to the correct specs.

The chassis is a direct bolt on with no modifications required for use with the AICS magazines.

If you have a Savage short action in 223, it will need a 308 style gas block to allow the bolt enough movement for the longer AI magazines.

-Kyle ~ XLR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The chassis is a direct bolt on with no modifications required for use with the AICS magazines.

If you have a Savage short action in 223, it will need a 308 style gas block to allow the bolt enough movement for the longer AI magazines.

-Kyle ~ XLR

</div></div>

You can grind the .223 bolt stop down if you have the tools.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaximumVelocity</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here is my contribution to the thread
smile.gif

338_6.JPG

</div></div>

Nicely done. Rifle specs...?

Sure thing....

Surgeon 1581 XL Coated in IonBond
Brux Fluted SS .338 Lapua Cryo'd and Coated in IonBond Finished at about 28.5" 1 in 9.3 twist
XLR HD Evolution w/ Ace Folder
Shilen Trigger set at 1.7 lbs
SAS .338 Ti QD
Harris BiPod
Accushot MonoPod
SWFA SS 5-20x50

Has anyone had any issues with the cheek piece becoming slippery when wet?

I was out shooting in 102 degree weather and quickly found my face slipping off the rifle once I got a sweat going.

Any idea how to increase the friction there?

I use a rubber mouse pad, you can find these in a lot of colors and thicknesses. Just glue it on with rubber contact cement and trim. Works well....

Got my chassis in yesterday. I just dropped everything off at PCR to get the barrel shortened and have a JP compensator installed. Pics will be up when it returns.

5 weeks down, 5 more to go!

The carbon fiber looks good. How much does it weigh?

I can't wait to order a rem sa carbon chassis for my 300wsm 20", but I'm a little tapped out from ordering 2 TBA cans. I love my LA xlr 26" 300wm. I don't shoot it as much as I'd like and I'm somewhat tempted to sell it to buy a SA carbon, but I'm sure I'd regret it.
Kyle, do you think you could do a CZ 527 inlet? These damn things are addictive
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: XLR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is available to order now!

-Kyle ~ XLR </div></div>

Available for anything besides the Rem SA?
The M70 Classic CRF LA needs somewhere to sit.

Nice looking pictures!

What's the lead time on ordering these chassis?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Curnow26</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Looking set up any body know what kind of tripod that is?
Thanks </div></div>

Thanks, Manfrotto 055XPROB with a 327RC2 and a Hog saddle.

What height rings are you guys running for your 56mm objectives? If I go with a 35mm tube i don't know if I can find any good quality rings that are high enough.
I've got an XLR on order so trying to go ahead and get the optics ordered as well.

i've got a s&b 56mm obj on my xlr, i have a badger 20 moa rail on a standard remy 700 action, nothing else done to it and i have a set of badgers on it that measure 1.375 and i have almost 1/4 inch gap WITH my scope cap on. i wouldn't risk the 1.257's unless someone else pipes up... i know the 1.375's work

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DUIPowerstrokeOBX</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pic in sig.

11267.jpg
</div></div>

nice camo..what did you use?

Ordered mine, now the wait begins. Quick question for you guy's. After reading this entire thread it seems that AICS mags fit tight. I am assuming they do not drop free when you press the release? For those that have had it for a while has it loosened up at all with use?

I will be using this in competition and would really like them to drop free.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ordered mine, now the wait begins. Quick question for you guy's. After reading this entire thread it seems that AICS mags fit tight. I am assuming they do not drop free when you press the release? For those that have had it for a while has it loosened up at all with use?

I will be using this in competition and would really like them to drop free.
</div></div>

JSF, That is going to depend on the magazine. We inlet the mag well so there is as little slop as possible. However, the magazines all vary a bit by size which is why some are loose and some are snug. The large majority will drop free no problem.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle, so it just varies mag to mag? Not by the various maker like AICS or Alpha?

Had Alpha mags and they were fine with 9 rounds in them but 10 made them impossibly tight.

Switched to Accurate Mags and they work perfectly and drop free like they were sprung out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kyle, so it just varies mag to mag? Not by the various maker like AICS or Alpha?
</div></div>

All the manufactures that I have tried have size variations.

-Kyle ~ XLR

Rotary15, I've experienced the same. I found if I open the bolt prior and give it a hard slap it'll click in, much easier just to load it with 9 for a snug fit.

Hey Kyle, I'm running one of the older front tubes from back in '10, pre-RIS style.

I was wondering if it's possible to drill and tap the top of the tube for a rail?

Or if it's easier, just grab a new 16" front in black?

for nostalgia's sake
smile.gif

2011-08-03003620.jpg

Anyone know what height NF rings I should use with a 50mm Nightforce scope and XLR Chassis? I would like it to be as low as possible.

The required ring height will vary based on scope base height and actual objective diameter (50mm is glass size). Take a look at the "Technical" page of our web site where you will see formula's to help get you the proper height. I would guess that you will be in the 1.125-1.25 inch range (top of scope base to ring center-line).

-Kyle ~ XLR

heres mine with the medium ultralite NF mount
100_4441.jpg

100_4436.jpg

100_4438.jpg

100_4435.jpg

I had a couple mm's to spare on my 50mm scope, camera angle makes it look like its touching

Mine should be here in a couple of weeks. I have been staring at my email for days hoping that it will ship early. Can't wait.