• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

Well, I just put my order in for a Carbon chassis. for my Remington AAC SD SPS 700. I ordered the 12 inch hand guard with the Tactical butt stock. I can't wait to get my hands on it!!!!

20" Barrel 15.5" Rail

_20140414_191704_zpsufssqlm1.jpg

Love the rifle. Still shoots sub 1/3 moa with 168 smk. Could not be happier.

Putting together my build. I have a REM 700 SPS Varmint in .308 with a 26" Barrel and a couple questions.

Any body have pictures of the Evolution non-carbon with a 26" barrel?

Also, can someone give me a total length of the handguard that comes standard on the Evolution non-carbon?

thanks

Finally here and assembled!!! The 10rd Ruger mag fits as well as the 5rd AICS mag.

10rd Ruger Scout Mag
IMG_20140428_134531_zpsznws6zm8.jpg

Cut down rail (came with 10TR)
IMG_20140428_134624_zpsr3psllge.jpg

Bolt release:
IMG_20140428_134740_zpsa9xwwvrq.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I just drank the kool-aid. Order a complete element chassis for my remington 700 sps 20". I've wanted an XLR for a while. I'm already impressed by the great, quick and helpful customer service. Keep up the hard work Kyle.

Has anyone sent Kyle a money order? If so, do you know what address I should sent it to? I see the address that is listed on his website, but I just want to make sure that is the one he wants me to send it to. I PM'd him a couple of nights ago and he has not had time to respond. I'm sure he is very busy.
Thanks,
Mike.

Does anyone know if a Magpul PRS Extended Buttpad will screw on to the XLR Tactical stock as a replacement for the Ace Buttpad? It looks like the screw holes are similarly situated but it's hard to tell. I love the XLR stock, but hate the contour of the Ace buttpad. I'm looking for something that is flatter while still providing a good cushion.

PRS EXTENDED BUTTPAD | Brownells

I'm wanting to start on a new build now that Ive completed my 308 on the evolution chassis. Thinking about going with the xlr element on the next one.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

I'm wanting to start on a new build now that Ive completed my 308 on the evolution chassis. Thinking about going with the xlr element on the next one.

Put my Element together a few weeks ago..AAC-SD. Pic is avatar. Feels like it was tailor made for me. I have since added an Bushy HDMR 3.5-21. Total weight with bipod and empty mag is 14.8lbs

I picked up an XLR at Steel Safari this year and had a chance to talk to Kyle. Seems to be a great guy and the product speaks for it's self. I can't wait to build my new match gun on it.

Put my Element together a few weeks ago..AAC-SD. Pic is avatar. Feels like it was tailor made for me. I have since added an Bushy HDMR 3.5-21. Total weight with bipod and empty mag is 14.8lbs

I feel like my evolution will be way over that. I think i was @ 15 lbs before upgrading a vortex viper pa to a bushy ers. I am running an m40 contour 24" bbl with brake though... Bushy supposed to ship from cstactical tomorrow, so i guess ill find out soon enough...

I did a 6.5 CM build on an Evolution and love it. I got my Long Action Element in last week and it is even better than expected. The fit and feel is superb. All I need now is a barrel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Im still waiting on delivery of the final components... Bushnell 3.5-21x50ERS and NF 6bolt rings in FDE cerakote and a set of Aadmount flip caps.
ysarehe7.jpg

Well I've been looking for a solution to my crappy stock - and I'm sure this is it. What's the current lead time on an Element chassis for a Rem 700 SA?

Now all I need to do is sell one of my ARs and I'll have some cash to place an order.

here is my XLR carbon it was finished a few months back

Remington 700 with 26" Brux barrel chambered in 308
Nightforce ATACR
Jewell trigger
Atlas bipod and monopod

Attachments

• DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 57
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 43
  • DSC_0046.jpg
    DSC_0046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 54
Yeah, you need to grind off about 1/4" from the back of the baffle. After that, easy peasy...

(A bench grinder and some pliers work pretty well for this)

It looks like you figured it out but yes, the Savage 223's will need to have the bolt baffle switched out for a 308/300 version or have the existing baffle shortened so the bolt has enough reward travel.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Hate to necro, but probably easier that I've quoted something useful to better address my question.

I'm about to order another XLR Chassis and it will be for a Savage 223, BUT the the action (and all the bolt parts EXCEPT the bolt head) is from a 300 WSM. Is the front baffle OK as is or do I need to get a different front baffle?

The .223 does require a shorter bolt baffle as Savage puts an extended stop on the 223 bolt baffle to limit bolt throw. Since the AI 223 magazines are longer than the factory 223 internal magazine you will switch it with a 308/300WM/WSM bolt baffle.

THIS IS WHAT YOU NEED: 308/300/WSM bolt baffle:

THIS IS NOT WHAT YOU NEED: 223 bolt baffle:

-Kyle ~ XLR

Hate to necro, but probably easier that I've quoted something useful to better address my question.

I'm about to order another XLR Chassis and it will be for a Savage 223, BUT the the action (and all the bolt parts EXCEPT the bolt head) is from a 300 WSM. Is the front baffle OK as is or do I need to get a different front baffle?

Thanks everyone. The action is from a 300 WSM so it already has a shorter baffle. Looks like I'm good and can hopefully place my order for my chassis here shortly.

image.jpgimage.jpg
Some quick pictures. I still have to torque everything to spec once I get everything where I want.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    884.6 KB · Views: 52
Has anyone talked or text Kyle lately? I left him a pm on Sunday and have not gotten a reply. I have a 10 round magazine, ( in 308 ) on back order, to complete my order and was wondering if they are back in stock. Has anyone put in a order for one in the last few days?
Thanks.

Has anyone talked or text Kyle lately? I left him a pm on Sunday and have not gotten a reply. I have a 10 round magazine, ( in 308 ) on back order, to complete my order and was wondering if they are back in stock. Has anyone put in a order for one in the last few days?
Thanks.

He called me yesterday. It took him a couple of days to return the call. Business must be good.

He called me yesterday. It took him a couple of days to return the call. Business must be good.

Kyle just contacted me. As always he is very busy!!! He had ten round magazines come in but has a very long back order list. I hope mine is in this batch!!!
Thanks Kyle for getting back to me.
Mike.

Thanks.

I called to order a chassis today and ordered 1 ten round .308 mag from him that he said was in stock. I just got off the phone with him an hour ago.