• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

XLR Chassis Stock

That's the tactical lite buttstock. It's an upgrade, but not yet listed on the website.

I do not feel it is an upgrade, but more of a downgrade from the "Tactical buttstock". It does weigh less, but at the expense of the recoil pads adjustment range. Kyle pretty much just removed one of the spacers between the stock and the pad. There is still adjustment, but not near as much.

I've had a little trouble getting comfortable using a rear bag with the regular tactical butt stock. Does anyone else have this problem? The problem is that the bottom side is so narrow and smooth. Those are pluses when you're running and gunning, but there's nothing for a rear bag to grab on to. I might have been better off with the xtreme butt stock. Still experimenting, but I like the ridge I'm seeing on this new butt stock.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if you can run a 338 edge on a la chassis? Will a cip mag fit in it ? I have been told different things

I have the tactical butt stock with the QD flush cups on both left and right sides. Was wondering if the one on the left side is a different cup from the one on the right side. The left side QD flush cup will not hold. The QD swivel clicks but any pressure and it pops right out, while the same QD swivel on the right side holds tight enough that you could hang from it. I am thinking they are glued in or I would just turn them around.

Thanks

Lennie

I do not feel it is an upgrade, but more of a downgrade from the "Tactical buttstock". It does weigh less, but at the expense of the recoil pads adjustment range. Kyle pretty much just removed one of the spacers between the stock and the pad. There is still adjustment, but not near as much.

I've never used the original tactical buttstock, so I can't compare them. The lite has plenty enough adjustment range for me, but I'm 5'10". People on either end of the extreme scale might have an issue, I suppose.

I've never used the original tactical buttstock, so I can't compare them. The lite has plenty enough adjustment range for me, but I'm 5'10". People on either end of the extreme scale might have an issue, I suppose.

Are you calling me a midget!?!?!?

The tactical butt stock has a while lot more adjustment in the shoulder piece is all.

Hey Guys!

This is my first post here, as I found the forum while researching rings for the XLR chassis I ordered. It will be going on a Savage 10TR, 24" threaded barrel, bottom bolt release with a 0 MOA EGW mount (came with rifle) and a newly purchased Viper 6-24x50 SFP EBR-1 MRAD scope. I currently put on the medium ARMS#22 rings I had on my M14, but it seems they won't be tall enough. I think I am going to go with the Vortex Precision High rings instead of a QD set or mount, like a Recon. It seems I will also need to cut about 3/4" off the rail....or switch it around. I was told it fits in reverse on the Savage.

As per the hundreds of posts, Kyle was great to deal with and pretty patient. Only issue is MY lack of patience!! Few more weeks before I get my Evo TAC.

Last edited:
Yes, we do build our long actions chassis for use with the AI 338 LM CIP magazines. The forward reinforcement rib will need to be milled out for the high shoulder of the UM. We can do the mod at no charge for those with our chassis.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Does anyone know if you can run a 338 edge on a la chassis? Will a cip mag fit in it ? I have been told different things

Lennie,

Give us a shout at (970) 241-1807. It sounds like you have a defective cup. We will get you taken care of.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

I have the tactical butt stock with the QD flush cups on both left and right sides. Was wondering if the one on the left side is a different cup from the one on the right side. The left side QD flush cup will not hold. The QD swivel clicks but any pressure and it pops right out, while the same QD swivel on the right side holds tight enough that you could hang from it. I am thinking they are glued in or I would just turn them around.

Thanks

Lennie

Yes, that is our new Tactical Lite butt stock. Not necessarily an upgrade but more of a different option. It is 5 ounces lighter than the original Tactical. Like some have pointed out the new Tac Lite does not have the adjustment of the original Tactical. I personally run the new Tac Lite on all 3 of my comp guns and I love it. It is simply personal preference hence why we have the options!

-Kyle ~ XLR

Very nice. What's the deal with the stock? Looks like the tactical, but I haven't seen it before.

My new 6x47 Lapua comp rifle!

Rifle specs: Chassis: XLR Tactical Lite Carbon, Stiller Specter receiver, 22" Bartlein barrel, Badger micro FTE brake, Steiner 5-25. Total weight as show: 14 lbs 0 ounces.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Last edited:
hay KYLE -- is the base base model evo non hd cheek rest adjustable like the rest of them? i would assume so but cant see any bolts or what not to the riser in your pics on the site?

also if ordered say fri or monday what is lead time ???

Yes, all our butt stocks have adjustable cheek rest, adjustable LOP, and adjustable recoil pads.

We currently have about a 5-6 week lead time for all chassis. A 50% deposit is required with the remainder due at the time of shipping.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

hay KYLE -- is the base base model evo non hd cheek rest adjustable like the rest of them? i would assume so but cant see any bolts or what not to the riser in your pics on the site?

also if ordered say fri or monday what is lead time ???

XLR "Lite" package for Tikka T3....

I am after a light riflestock package to build around a Tikka T3 Varmint, to be used for shooting plates along with some long range hunting on the mountains.

As the weight issue is paramount, I was looking at the XLR carbon, which seems to be the lightest option, so far....

I'd be also interested in the folding stock options, for carring purposes while hiking.
Because of the weight "limit", I'd put just a small picatinny rail on front bottom (bipod mount purposes)....
Please, chip in with your advices.... :)

Is there Someone who has this package on the same rifle and could tell me the total weight ?

Additionally, does the XLR also fit the Short Magnum Tikka's action, or just the 223/308 one ?

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: I must admit that some pictures look awesome, especially the ones with the camo paint job...

I am after a light riflestock package to build around a Tikka T3 Varmint, to be used for shooting plates along with some long range hunting on the mountains.

As the weight issue is paramount, I was looking at the XLR carbon, which seems to be the lightest option, so far....

I'd be also interested in the folding stock options, for carring purposes while hiking.
Because of the weight "limit", I'd put just a small picatinny rail on front bottom (bipod mount purposes)....

Is there Someone who has this package on the same rifle and could tell me the total weight ?

Additionally, does the XLR also fit the Short Magnum Tikka's action, or just the 223/308 one ?

Thanks for your help.

P.S.: I must admit that some pictures look awesome, especially the ones with the camo paint job...
I don't have a Tikka, but I do have the Carbon chassis on a R700, and love it.

I would suggest the folder option, if for nothing else than cleaning. I didn't get the folder at first, but found cleaning it to be too much of a pain so I got the folder for it and am glad I did.

Weight for our T3 Carbon chassis will start at 3 pounds, 7 ounces complete. The folder adds 4.5 ounces.

We only build the T3 chassis for short action magazines like the AI 308 or 223 magazines because the T3 receiver is too short for the AICS 300WM magazines. The receiver can be milled to accept the LA magazines but we do not feel this is a safe practice and thus we do not offer that option.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Thanks for your help.

Thanks. Can I ask you how much your 700 package weighs ?

Mine weighs around 13.5 pounds as set up in this picture. (Now sporting an Atlas bipod though)

ETA: this is a .308 Rem 700 SPS Tactical, 20" barrel, Vortex 6-24x50 scope, TPS steel rings and base.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
What do you do when you FINALLY finish a precision rifle build? Start another! XLR Evolution for the new 300WM build...and so it begins! Big thanks to Kyle
IMG_20140326_173031.jpg

Seems might something like skateboard grip tape might be an easy fix for that, so long as it doesn't abrade other things and make the overall situation worse. At least you can remove it if you don't like it.

Has anyone ever experimented with attaching a flatter butt pad to the XLR stock? Is there another butt pad on the market that would satisfy that need? Anyone ever try to modify the ACE butt pad?

Has anyone ever experimented with attaching a flatter butt pad to the XLR stock? Is there another butt pad on the market that would satisfy that need? Anyone ever try to modify the ACE butt pad?

If you want flat you can run it with no "butt pad" like a man...

Really if you have the tools I would think you could use any recoil pad you want.

XLR,

The current wait is 5-6 weeks? I plan on ordering an evolution chassis for a rem 700 here when I get home from Saudi. Is the wait for all chassis or do you happen to have some in stock for a rem 700? Thanks.

Anyone running a 15.5" fore end on the carbon chassis with a 20" barrel?

I've had a little trouble getting comfortable using a rear bag with the regular tactical butt stock. Does anyone else have this problem? The problem is that the bottom side is so narrow and smooth. Those are pluses when you're running and gunning, but there's nothing for a rear bag to grab on to. I might have been better off with the xtreme butt stock. Still experimenting, but I like the ridge I'm seeing on this new butt stock.

Update: I put the monopod adapter on my tactical stock and it is giving me exactly the shelf I needed to push my rear bag up against. Problem solved.

My new 6x47 Lapua comp rifle!

Rifle specs: Chassis: XLR Tactical Lite Carbon, Stiller Specter receiver, 22" Bartlein barrel, Badger micro FTE brake, Steiner 5-25. Total weight as show: 14 lbs 0 ounces.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

YIKES! Beautiful, but much heavier than I would have guessed. Im hoping thats all barrel and scope weight? I spoke with you last season before Xmas about the then soon to be released Savage long action (338 Lapua) carbon chassis but have since been considering switching to a Tikka in 308. Im looking at something to be as light as possible and compact. I have an Atlas bipod and Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP (might scale this down if I do go the 308 vs 338 route). I was thinking 20ish inch threaded barrel with the carbon chassis and side folder with a Magpul MOE stock. Any weight numbers from past experience?

Hi guys this is my first post to this forum. I have had great intrest in this forum for a while. I just began my first bolt gun project as I am very new to bolt guns. I have been a long time gun owner of pistols, shotguns, and carbines, but this is my first bolt gun. Well I'm starting with a AAC SD SPS Tacticle Remington 700 (20 inch barrel) and will be ordering a Nightforce 3.5-15x 50 with Zero stop and a MOAR reticle this Friday. My first mod to the Remington will be to burn that Hogue over molded stock and order a XLR carbon chasis. I would also like to put a Timney trigger on it, and get the bolt fluted and add a Bager Ordnance bolt knob. Seem like there are a bunch of good guys with a lot of helpful advice. I'm glad to have found this forum,
Mike.

I have a question, do any of you guys have exerience with the Night Force one pice mount for the Remington 700? Will it interfere with the XLR Carbon in any way? I'm wanted to get the Scope mounted before I buy the chassis.
Thanks,
Mike.

My 700 is on the recall list but I am replacing the trigger with a Timney 510 instead of sending the rifle back. Are there any issues with the 510 fitting in the XLR Chassis?

Thanks

Lennie

Does anyone have a Defiance Deviant Medium Action chambered in .308 in an XLR Evolution? Is it the same inlet version as the XLR Evolution for the Rem 700 SA? Any issues with the Integral Rail? Did you have to pick any specific options, like a certain rear tang, to get to fit right?

I would appreciate any info, impressions, and/or pics. Thanks.

Last edited:
while im waiting for my carbon chassis for the 700, i finished my saiga 7.62 using an XLR stock

13874463505_659fdd3dee_c.jpg

Last edited:
I'm new to this forum. I just ordered a carbon chassis and have a few handguard questions. I see some chassis' have cuts for rails on the top and some do not. Do you have to request these as additional cuts? Will the carbon handguard support a PVS-27?

For the Carbon chassis there are no slots cut at the 12 o'clock position unless requested. Generally most do not use NV so the preference is to have no slots to mitigate mirage. We can add them at no charge at any time for you if you are planning on running NV.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

I'm new to this forum. I just ordered a carbon chassis and have a few handguard questions. I see some chassis' have cuts for rails on the top and some do not. Do you have to request these as additional cuts? Will the carbon handguard support a PVS-27?

For the Carbon chassis there are no slots cut at the 12 o'clock position unless requested. Generally most do not use NV so the preference is to have no slots to mitigate mirage. We can add them at no charge at any time for you if you are planning on running NV.

Thanks, Kyle ~ XLR

Kyle, thanks for the quick response. Info came in handy because my dealer just spoke with you about my order. Start the six week count down.

FNH PBR XP .308 20"
XLR Evolution Chassis
Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP Mrad
LaRue Tactical LT-120 Scope Mount
AAC 762-SDN-6 Suppressor
LRA Bipod