• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtreme Sniper Match...Xtreme Disappointment

Re: Xtreme Sniper Match...Xtreme Disappointment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Rugged? Really? SO boys..how much humping did you do while not allowed to move? Did you guys drive to the shooting location or did you shoot withing a few yards of the cars? Those lawn chairs behind the spotting scopes look PRETTY COMFY to me.

</div></div>

My car was a whopping 50 yards or so from my FFP. I had a hard time carrying my gunslinger, laden with rifle and all, to my position across the xtreme terrain. I almost died. No shit. </div></div>

Shit man, no medical on scene? next time give him my number ill come do my medic thing... just incase someone stubs their toe on the way to the fire position from the vehicle.

HOLD ON I am out of Popcorn.. OH that is Xtreme!!!

So far this is what I have learned from this thread I want a TIS sling and that I need to check out VU'S match

Because most of these comments are unjustified, I was going to post a lengthy response to the comments on this forum. However, on second thought, it's not worth it.

I have no problems with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I self criticise and revise quite a bit after every shooting activity that I conduct. I made hundreds of notes during the competition about changes that I will be making for the next time.

There seems to be some feeling that in order to be extreme you have to be humping. Sorry, pure BS. It's mostly about picking the shooting platform and getting the first round hit without mechanical aids and compensating for things like wind, extreme angles.

I don't recall any statement in the announcement that you'd be humping. The focus is on the last two phases. If you go back to my announcement, you will see the conditions that I announced and everyone was stressed under all of these. It showed -- see the comments on the scores below.

As far as the scramble, I warned everyone that they had to have a clear position to shoot to all elements of the road.Some people made bad decisions even after the warning. I'll comment more about that in the detailed response posted later.

NO ONE SHOT WELL. The HIGHEST score was 25/40 shots or 62.5%. So, NONE of you guys shot worth crap. The average score was 20/40 or 50%. That means if you competed, you had a 50% chance of getting a first round hit. The requirement at the sniper school on a flat range is 100%. If it was so easy, how come the scores were so low?

The guy who was DQ'd broke the rules. He moved his shooting platform. I warned that if you did that you'd be DQ'd. I graciously allowed him back in for the final relay, which was not required, since he'd been DQ'd. I did let him shoot the DQ'd relay just didn't count the scores.

My restriction on mechanical devices was pre-anounced. If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have shown up.

As far as the value, well, I spent about 60 hours planning this (including a 25 page competition plan), about 6 hours getting all the equipment together(we had a lot of recovery equipment in case a vehicle broke), and about 12 hours on the day of the competition. Want to know how much I made for all that effort: $0! That's right, the cost of everything ate me alive. I did all that work for free.

This is real simple. You guys can think whatever you want.
Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass.

I know what I've done before this competition.
I know I delivered what I promised on the flyer.

Don't come back. Many people will but I'll do the thing with
only 6 people if need be.

I don't need your business, I don't want your business.

Bruce

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You know, if he hadn't come off like <span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">his shit didn't stink</span></span>, I may not have been so disgruntled. But when he posts shit like this, you can't help but wonder.

From Bruce:
As far as my hype, there are far too many jokers who think they are good shooters because they can shoot to 800 yards at known distances off benches with wind flags. Frankly, they won't cut it. So, I was trying to challenge some of them to attend. If you took it badly, get a thick skin. This competition is NOT about catering to your sensitive feelings.

I have also taught many LE snipers -- don't always publicize this -- as well as operators and many civilians in all walks of life. I will go through all of this in my web post.

Am I the real deal? Talk to anyone who has taken my classes. I am thorough, detailed, <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">tell lots of stories about my training </span></span>experiences (at least), and <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">give a lot of value for the money I charge</span></span>. I do know what I am talking about and <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">can sucessfully convey that information to others</span></span>.

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="text-decoration: underline">know how to make your life miserable during the competition</span></span></span>.

Bruce Krell
</div></div>

Doesn't most of this go against what "INSTRUCTORS/TEACHERS" should do ?? What did the guys say in the Firearms Instructor post in the S-3 Training Section -- I believe it was titled Firearms Training - WHAT MAKES AN INSTRUCTOR.

And anyway-- if you set up a "software program" or computer that helps the guys make shots and take it off the market because the guys need to be better shooters ?? Sounds to me like it sucked and didn't sell very well so typical of most small business pass the blame-- if it worked and was making you some money-- it would still be selling. That is unless it was just a bullshit shell game to claim some write offs with the IRS as your new found hobby turned business.

Bruce you will probably read this and say want you want about whether I know what I am talking about etc etc-- I am just one of the many in the cyber peanut gallery and even fire off a challenge at me and the others to show up and be tested blah blah blah----- save your bragging where it serves you best- telling "war stories" and tooting your own horn to drum up business that doesn't make you any money anyway ??? !!! Oh by the way- I did take the time to read your bio. Save it for the mall ninja's.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't need your business, I don't want your business.

Bruce

</div></div>

So if you don't NEED THE BUSINESS-- you going to give the unhappy customers their $100.00 back ???

Put YOUR money - where YOUR mouth is .............. !

WOW.

"NO ONE SHOT WELL. The HIGHEST score was 25/40 shots or 62.5%. So, NONE of you guys shot worth crap. The average score was 20/40 or 50%. That means if you competed, you had a 50% chance of getting a first round hit. The requirement at the sniper school on a flat range is 100%. If it was so easy, how come the scores were so low?"

Well Bruce...tell you what..I WILL pay your entry fee to come to our annual event and lets see how you fair over two days and 160 rounds fired.

May 30th and 31st 2009...hopefully you can spool up and make the trip.

This is EXACLY what happens when you rip off folks and put on some hokey extreme BS. Nice sticker on the car by the way....glad to see that 100 entry fee put to good use...maybe some "wata" on the line next time would be a lil more useful to competitors.

Keep on drinking your own coolaid and be a legend in your own mind....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SP308</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't need your business, I don't want your business.

Bruce

</div></div>

So if you don't NEED THE BUSINESS-- you going to give the unhappy customers their $100.00 back ???

Put YOUR money - where YOUR mouth is .............. ! </div></div>

+1 Well Bruce...you going to man up and put your money where your mouth is?

Fuck, I didnt even goto the match and I want a 100$ back... Some how I feel dirty for reading all this
frown.gif

Vu,

Look at the good side bro.

I think he is anti KKK

Xtreme%20Sniper%20Shoot-%2010x10x72dpi-1.jpg

Sorry, had to do it.

John

Those must be expensive decals on your truck if you didnt make any money at 100$ a shooter ... seeing as the range didnt cost you anything, the steel you probably already had, the expensive chocolate coins you gave out... gas prices are down, cant use that excuse.

25 pages and 60 hrs of planning for a 40 round comp? wtf over.

You gave everyone exactly what you promised on you flyer. woopty do. your match still sucked. redo your flyer.

I'll post more later, but I just wanted to thank Bruce for proving my point so eloquently.

Jason, I didn't see clusterfuck listed on the flyer. Because that, he delivered.

As stated earlier, this has reached epic!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dag1055</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As stated earlier, this has reached epic!!!! </div></div>

Thats because it was an Epic Failure of a match from the sound of it.

sick.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4thSeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is that a KKK emblem under the mildot ret? im missing something
smile.gif
</div></div>

No not at all, just looked like two "hoods" to me

Thats all.

My wife did not even see it until I pointed it out.

laugh.gif

No disrespect intended.

John

aww now i see it... subliminal advertising. and to think i just thought it was mountains
wink.gif

25 pages and 60 hrs of planning....

Must of used size 65 sized font and crayons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roamingdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">VU – ‘what matches’ – already said I was not an ‘expert rifleman’ – done some shooting with rifles, pistols are what I generally do. But I didn’t understand that you were entering the conversation with the idea that “Krell” was a “jack ass”? That doesn’t appear to be an impartial perspective. There was not ‘3 hours’ between trigger pulls. ‘If’ it happened once, it was an anomaly. Most of each segments lasted about 1 ½ hours and there were 16 or 17 shooters pulling triggers independently. It was not a bust. Many of the shooters enjoyed and “learned”. The very few, and they were ‘negatively’ directed by one who started to ‘talk it all up’, complained but did shoot and I’d bet also learned something, even if it was they didn’t want to do it again. ‘Experience is a dear school’.

RK – I’ve a ‘monumental lack of understanding’. Wow… but you shot “hungover”. Let me see, “hungover” or “you say” I exhibit a monumental lack of understanding. Coming to a shoot, any shoot, hungover is a monumental lack of many things.

Pistol, wind was a real issue. I watched the clock and noted most got from nine to twelve shots about every 1 ½ hr. I’ll have to try another class and see, given a ‘match’ condition where there are 16 or 17 contestants, moved or placed targets (more than one), and timed and scored shots for ‘each’ contestant’ how long it takes when the shooters are not on a line nor located at some specific known location where things go ‘one two three’.

My original comment was that, “snipers” appear (from my study and communications) to shoot from a variety of ‘imperfect’ locations, must be patient, must be ready to be denied access and ‘move’ (recall I suggested that ‘bad’ initial hides should be allowed to crawl out of and relocate so we are in agreement on movement, type is in question) and that periods of inactivity are inherent in that field. The added impediment of downhill, wind and ‘other people’ present just added to the degree of difficulty. Most shooters had a partner, so under a beautiful and comfortable sky in a remarkable remote and pristine desert location, you had trigger time, education (to whatever degree you wanted) and ‘buddy chat’. You even got to drive rough roads. It even rained. I got to meet some decent folks and renew some acquaintances. We've got a couple folks not happy. Perhaps this needs (the class) needs to be re-titled "Downhill Shooting in the Desert"? But then again the Marine sniper I talk to says he 'sits' in the desert (albeit higher mountains) with his buddy waiting for hours on a single target that is 'supposed' to be there. Crap, I don't know.
</div></div>

Oh I welcomed the wind. Joe and I called full value 10mph on the wind by noticing the breeze on the hill and where people were missing their shots. We racked up our points in the last stage where most people only got 1 or 2 hits. I could not pick up any mirage off my scope. That was by far the most difficult stage. Everything else was just milling and shooting short.

I'm just a weekend warrior and I think most guys are way more serious than I. But, I had the advantage by looking at people's misses and had more time to judge wind. All competitions are not completely fair. I agree with that. If it was up to me, everyone would be shooting the same caliber or the .308 shooters would have handicaps against the lasers. In addition, the shooting order should be random in every stage.

Basic rule of thumb. Whoevers match it is, it's their rules. Like it or not. If you don't like it don't go. I'm gonna go do more informal shooting next year. Every year brings forth more drama.

Now for my 2 cents on this "Match", "Comp" or whatever you want to call it. I will have to call it a classroom.
This was a competition, not a classroom. As such I expected it to be run like any other match I competed in or witnessed.

First off, to me, as a competition the "playing" field should not favor 1 shooter from another. This was defeated by picking a FFP without targets being present. In real world, this is how it is, you can never predict where that "target" is going to be, but you as a sniper would have the ability to move to where you could id the target and get a shot. Why weren't we able to move, or at least be able to shoot from a different position other than prone. So I it my "MacGyver" fashion, altered my FFP to elevate my prone position. It was nice to learn that the "later stages I would have the advantage over everyone else." (Bruce)

Since this was both a team and individual comp, as individuals we should have been able to range the target. What if I misread the MIL of a target... then we both use that data and now we are both off. This throws off the chances of my partner to win the individual contest.

The fact that I paid $100 for this isn't THAT big of a deal. I would though expect at least better prizes than a $10 T-Shirt (that looks, well... I can use it a weapon rag), a $20 coin and a piece of paper. There was 15 shooters there (you can do the math) we should have had food and beverage available. Hell, I bet an operator is given at least an MRE to pack with him while on mission.

As for nobody shooting well... what was the guy's score should you have counted their "DQ'd" stage???? My count for one of the shooters was up there. What was the average score of the people that have taken your class as opposed to the rest of the competitors?

Now why did I call this mess a classroom? I learned one important thing... NOT TO GO TO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE XTREME matches! It was too XTREME for me.

I had to remember that I was at Snipershide, because you same guys are running an identical thread at Calguns. I figured I'd post some pics here too, just to give people an idea of what we're all talking about.

It was a good time, I think. No, it wasn't perfect, but I learned a lot, and LOTS of the guys were really cool non-complainer types. They probably won't bother getting involved in a sour grapes circle jerk like this. The best shooter was, not surprisingly, a really good guy who ALSO had a great time. Guess we're all stupid.....

"Over 10,000 Hours Of Trainng Including Above and Handgun, Carbine, Shotgun " Thats a great deal of training on your own dime.

Thats approximately five years full time going to school 40 hours a week with two weeks vacation a year.

Would love to see break down

Mike... what he meant was the equivalent of over 10,000hrs of training... he received the Cliff's Notes version requiring only 10hrs...

-Wil

Actually Mike....they have online programs now....

Call of Duty 4 and Counter Strike...

...and he doesn't need the business ? ?

Where do you think the money is coming from ? ?

Is he like the Hugh Heffner of firearms ? Instead of girls running around he has got a bunch of little "snipers" running around -- way cool !

If I had the extra hundred bucks - I would go. "showed up and got the t-shirt, the scenery was absolutely awesome." Hell, I studied everything on the shooter ready "TRAINING" game and I am ready to rock and roll !!

The sign of a good instructor is what ????

Call of Duty 4 - - - that is the best sniping I have done in my entire career ! I have to admit- the canons in the specter c-130, now that is where it's at. Zappin a sand monkey from 2500 yards ABOVE -- now that is effin kkooooll ! Mall ninjas are safe from these though.

Boltripper,

Got any popcorn?
wink.gif

Its the force on force live fire training thats got me wanting to go!!

Sorry i had to quote this trash just to save for future laughing!!!

Hey Bruce come to the SH Bash and lets test your 10,000 worth of training!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roamingdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was there.
First, let’s look at (and I am not an expert rifleman) at the idea of rifle shooting.
Here in Kalifornia there is a paucity of long distance ranges, more so when you consider out to a 1000 yards. Desert Marksman has a nice one, BUTTs and all but it is ‘flat’. And shooting at a ‘controlled’ range requires you submit to the delays that are inherent in ‘controlled range’ shooting. So the selection of this particular area was not, in and of itself, a bad choice.

Other land users? Yeah, that was a bummer but actually it is also inherent that BLM acreage is going to be shared, the comment about ‘cease fires’ was, to a degree, valid but it was an overused call as most vehicles were a good 1200+ yards out and not in a direct line of fire. There were a ‘good call’ dozen or more cease fires. So I don’t think that is any different than a ‘regular’ range allowing for changing targets.

I read somewhere about ‘making a sniper’ and this was one of the comments, “go outside on the hottest day possible wearing a winter coat. Lie in the grass and support your head with your hands while resting your elbows on the ground. “DON’T MOVE” no matter what happens do not move. Don’t scratch an itch, swat a bug or adjust your position. Do this for at least one hour. If you succeed at this you are on your way.” Being an ardent watcher of the Military Channel, I’ve watched some military sniper contests and some of their training. Dressed in a ghillie suit, dragging their weapon, the candidates had to maneuver on their bellies (for most of it) to within a certain distance, undetected, and fire a kill shot and then REMAIN undetected even after. It was hot, sweaty and, sometimes, unrewarding work and it was also FLAT. Another comment mentioned, “Snipers must have the ability to work alone and or with one other Marine. The must have great self control and patience. They have to have the ability to remain calm while all around them there might be chaos. They must be able to navigate any and all terrain using only a map and compass.” Having communicated with a Marine who now shoots in far off places, he said his training was for various angles of fire and that he was often out for several days in training just moving before he’d get a shot. Interesting. Lots of time just sitting, crawling or moving, much less to very little time shooting.

The skills of hitting any target within your rifles ability, at any angle, require some degree of the same type of patience and skill level. There were no automated or hi-tech devices allowed at this shoot. Paper, pencil, PDA (as a calculator) were allowed. Mildotting for distance figuring was allowed but there were time restraints once the ‘size’ of the target was provided (there were only three targets and having lots more would’ve just confused the mildotting efforts and made the shoot much slower [I mean, one of the poster’s comments was ‘not pulling the trigger’ for a lengthy time]. So knowing how to use your scope for calculations of distance, calculating on an extreme downhill angle and patience were all part of this shoot. I compare a few hours (which was NOT the case in most portions of this shoot) with the kind of time spent crawling, hiding and finally shooting in the military shoots and wonder. Do you want to be at a flat range, shooting at known distance targets under the usual range restraints… or did you want to see if you could hit a ‘few’ hard shots when everything is unknown? Snipers usually only get ‘one shot’. And it should be said that many of the shooters heard the instructions, found spots from which they could see, scope and hit each and every target for each and every segment of the competition and did not DQ by ‘moving’ their site. Recall, “real” snipers cannot just get up and say, “Hey fellas, hold on, gotta move here.” I think, that in future such events, “if” a group has decided that they picked a bad ‘hide’ and need to relocate they SHOULD be allowed to, but they have to crawl and drag to that new location just like they would in the ‘real world’. No getting up, grabbing a bite, bitching and moaning and then walking about ‘checking’ each possible new location until the find the one that is just right… but of course they want to move back to their original site because the next relocation of targets invalidates their ‘new position’.

I’ve been to this exact location several times. It is remote, generally completely void of vehicular or foot traffic and a great place to ‘learn’ how to use your scope for steep and distance shots. There have been a half dozen to a dozen shooters at those times and not one of them complained about the fact that targets had to be moved (which by the very nature of the terrain, takes time) or that “crap, now I can’t see it” type circumstances existed. Everyone understood the real world shooting or sniping is not consistent and targets don’t just ‘move’ to an opportune location for the shooter! It is all about surveillance and target acquisition. The majority of shooters at this event did fine with those priorities.

I’m sure some folks just don’t care for Krell or his particular personality. We are a diverse group, heck some shooters are voting for Obama! That pretty much invalidates cohesiveness and agreement. I’ve been around some of the ‘instructors’ Bruce has imported. He’s never said he went thru ‘Marine sniper school’ as a Marine or even like the Marines have to do it. He’s said that he helped develop a protocol for some of their ballistics training and asked to be allowed to participate in the training to better facilitate the ‘program’ and its creation. That is what he did and several of his guest instructors vetted that information. He’s not chest thumping. Sure, his rules can be irksome on occasion; he can be short or harsh from time to time. We’re not all here to sing CUMBAYA together. His classes are safe, run on time, provide all levels of shooters a good chance to learn and improve for very reasonable prices (have you not seen classes that charge three or four times as much ‘locally’ (Los Angeles, CA) and the instructor spends more time fawning and preening than teaching). Krell accepts criticisms, acts on them and also allows himself to be the butt of many ‘guest’ instructor’s jokes. He was polite to the few folks who most loudly bitched and complained at this shoot. There was one person who was absolutely ‘annoying’ and several other shooters came to Krell and said, “Do not ever invite him again!” So, for those who said, “What did you expect” and so forth – come to any of his classes before you judge. You have one poster who was obviously disappointed but I ask anyone to set up the logistics (just price AR500 steel prices!), program and insurance on such a shoot and include the ‘extremes’ of distance and angles and “keep everyone happy”? Proof? Make one exclusive comment on any shooters forum and watch the flames. Most of us are rather ‘extreme’ people (excepting when it comes to unity of vote) and have our own opinions and so forth. This shoot was a good test of all that ‘sniping’ entails. Patience, ballistics and skill. It was a good shoot and most of those involved came away knowing what they had to work on and improve.
That’s how I saw it… flame on.
</div></div>

Tony! Come on...we are just in a cocoon if you have not heard of this guy....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArmaHeavy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boltripper,

Got any popcorn?
wink.gif
</div></div>

butter ok ?

Hells Yes!

Guess I cannot be Xtreme any more I just ordered a TIS, Damn!

On another note those pics are awsome, To one of you that went where is this BLM land located? I would love to get my jeep offroad there and bang around.

Extreme butter on mine please!!! This is going to rank up with some of the best!!

Swarrick-we were only about 30 miles from ridgecrest. The road was ep-11 off of garlock road, I think.

DSC02654.jpg

Here I am, digging this scene.
smile.gif

DSC02670.jpg

DSC02690.jpg

DSC02680.jpg

DSC02679.jpg

Hell that is right by me and looks like a great place to pop some primers. I may gas the Jeep up and head out that way Thanks rksimple.

Wow, just WOW.

Roamingdoc....... Time to STFU. You DO NOT have even a remote understanding of the tactics and skills required by a real sniper. Lets just say that REAL snipers do use spotting scopes, slings and better freaking move or else pray that the enemy doesn't have any means of indirect fire. Some of us have played the game for real.

I like the pics of the venue. I would love to shoot somewhere like that. Would I pay $100 to do so? Hell no. Not unless YOU were paying me to fly out.

If people will pay $100 for the COF that was just described I wonder what I could charge for what I am working on?

IMHO this Bruce guy is a fucking tool. Let me tell you what my "Basic Gucci/Gizmo" load out is

Garmin Etrex
Lensetic Compass
Kestral
Viper LRF's
Manfroto/Centermass Inc. Tripod
Issue Leupold Spotting Scope
AN/PVS-22
Cosign Indicator
Eberlestock Phantom with MOLLE Rifle Rest
Scientific Calculator

So those are all just "Bells and Whistles"?

Lets just take a look at some of his "High Speed" students

BAD ASS TACTICAL HANDGUN CLASS GRADS (snicker)
2rhsgzt.jpg

TACTICAL SHOTGUN (Hey Uncle Bob wanna be on my website? Don't Forget to suck in your gut!)
1zlf6lu.jpg

and My FAVORITE "TACTICAL STRUCTURE CLEARING" (Don't you just love the "Race Gun" (Probably airsoft) and the "Operator" in the Tacti-kewl" Blackwater Proshop Special? They look GOOD especially the dude hanging out in the fatal funnel and I am sure his buddy is gonna be REAL dynamic fromthat position
30xbgbl.jpg

Fuck this dude

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As far as the value, well, I spent about 60 hours planning this (including a 25 page competition plan), about 6 hours getting all the equipment together(we had a lot of recovery equipment in case a vehicle broke), and about 12 hours on the day of the competition. Want to know how much I made for all that effort: $0! That's right, the cost of everything ate me alive. I did all that work for free.

Bruce
</div></div>

Wow......a whole 60 hours of planing and 6 hours of setup.....nevermind the 6 months of planing that went into Vu's NorCal match, two DAYS of setup, and the four straight days at the range trying to make it a great match....I'm pissed and still waiting for my check from Vu. Last time I checked NOBODY makes any money at a match....we do the work to put on a good show.

Wow, just woww... LWUSMC,you should read who said "what"... I didn't say anything about 'spotting scopes', slings or moving, not moving. I actually said I was not a 'rifle expert'. The shoot was a good time, mostly satisfied participants, so forth. Not what you seem to think I said, so if you have to jump someone, pick the right author.
This whole thread, started identically by the same person on two or three different forums for reasons far beyond 'just telling it the way it is' has turned into a pissing contest. At this point it only creates division. Perhaps that was why the 'first poster' put it out to so many forums. I don't know and at this point, I don't care.

This thread has been great entertainment all day! Thanks for the free post!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BEK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Because most of these comments are unjustified, I was going to post a lengthy response to the comments on this forum. However, on second thought, it's not worth it.

I have no problems with CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM. I self criticise and revise quite a bit after every shooting activity that I conduct. I made hundreds of notes during the competition about changes that I will be making for the next time.
<span style="color: #FF0000">Lets hope there never is a next time. </span>

There seems to be some feeling that in order to be extreme you have to be humping. Sorry, pure BS. It's mostly about picking the shooting platform and getting the first round hit without mechanical aids and compensating for things like wind, extreme angles. <span style="color: #FF0000">At the very least, in order to be Xtreme, you need more than 3 fucking cheap ass targets. Oh, and use all that money you charged us to buy a fucking vowel and learn how to spell extreme. </span>

I don't recall any statement in the announcement that you'd be humping. The focus is on the last two phases. If you go back to my announcement, you will see the conditions that I announced and everyone was stressed under all of these. It showed -- see the comments on the scores below.

As far as the scramble, I warned everyone that they had to have a clear position to shoot to all elements of the road.Some people made bad decisions even after the warning. I'll comment more about that in the detailed response posted later.

NO ONE SHOT WELL. The HIGHEST score was 25/40 shots or 62.5%. So, NONE of you guys shot worth crap. The average score was 20/40 or 50%. That means if you competed, you had a 50% chance of getting a first round hit. The requirement at the sniper school on a flat range is 100%. If it was so easy, how come the scores were so low?

<span style="color: #FF0000"> I can't wait to see if you ever show your face and a local comp, or even statewide. You're a poser and you'll get your ass handed to you. Saying "NONE of you guys shot worth a crap" shows us all what kind of fucking joke you are. Having a piece of shit COF and arbitrary rules makes for a low hit %. But being the only civilian to go through sniper school, I'm sure you knew that></span>

The guy who was DQ'd broke the rules. He moved his shooting platform. I warned that if you did that you'd be DQ'd. I graciously allowed him back in for the final relay, which was not required, since he'd been DQ'd. I did let him shoot the DQ'd relay just didn't count the scores.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> Maybe your memory is fuzzy, like when you talk about how many hours of training you've had, but there were 5 of us that moved. </span>

My restriction on mechanical devices was pre-anounced. If you didn't like it, you shouldn't have shown up.

As far as the value, well, I spent about 60 hours planning this (including a 25 page competition plan), about 6 hours getting all the equipment together(we had a lot of recovery equipment in case a vehicle broke), and about 12 hours on the day of the competition. Want to know how much I made for all that effort: $0! That's right, the cost of everything ate me alive. I did all that work for free.

<span style="color: #FF0000"> If it took you that long to come up with that COF you need more help than any of us can offer.</span>

This is real simple. You guys can think whatever you want.
Frankly, I don't give a rat's ass.

I know what I've done before this competition.
I know I delivered what I promised on the flyer.
<span style="color: #FF0000"> Clusterfuck wasn't on the flyer. Had it been, you would have delivered.</span>
Don't come back. Many people will but I'll do the thing with
only 6 people if need be.

Bruce

</div></div>

Thanks for the years of xtreme jokes Bruce!