• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Xtreme Sniper Match...Xtreme Disappointment

Re: Xtreme Sniper Match...Xtreme Disappointment

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roamingdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, just woww... LWUSMC,you should read who said "what"... I didn't say anything about 'spotting scopes', slings or moving, not moving. I actually said I was not a 'rifle expert'. The shoot was a good time, mostly satisfied participants, so forth. Not what you seem to think I said, so if you have to jump someone, pick the right author.
This whole thread, started identically by the same person on two or three different forums for reasons far beyond 'just telling it the way it is' has turned into a pissing contest. At this point it only creates division. Perhaps that was why the 'first poster' put it out to so many forums. I don't know and at this point, I don't care. </div></div>

I put it on so many forums for reasons I stated in my first post. Reread it if you forgot.

I don't want anyone getting ripped off by this fucking tool again.

Roamingdoc, don't kid yourself. It was not "mostly satisfied participants" more than half of us were ready to walk after stage two. That's directly from the other 9 guys I was talking too that were ready to leave due to the bullshit. 16 shooters, 10 guys ready to walk. That's more than 60% that agreed the "match" was crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roamingdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, just woww... LWUSMC,you should read who said "what"... I didn't say anything about 'spotting scopes', slings or moving, not moving. I actually said I was not a 'rifle expert'. The shoot was a good time, mostly satisfied participants, so forth. Not what you seem to think I said, so if you have to jump someone, pick the right author.
This whole thread, started identically by the same person on two or three different forums for reasons far beyond 'just telling it the way it is' has turned into a pissing contest. At this point it only creates division. Perhaps that was why the 'first poster' put it out to so many forums. I don't know and at this point, I don't care. </div></div>

Eh why dont you get your buddy Bruce and have him MAN up and put his cash where his mouth is. Actually this brings a lot of us together...it shows that some jack ass cant rip shooters off and drive off into the sunset with his gay magnet sign on his car.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vu</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Roamingdoc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, just woww... LWUSMC,you should read who said "what"... I didn't say anything about 'spotting scopes', slings or moving, not moving. I actually said I was not a 'rifle expert'. The shoot was a good time, mostly satisfied participants, so forth. Not what you seem to think I said, so if you have to jump someone, pick the right author.

Eh why dont you get your buddy Bruce and have him MAN up and put his cash where his mouth is. Actually this brings a lot of us together...it shows that some jack ass cant rip shooters off and drive off into the sunset with his gay magnet sign on his car. </div></div>

Vu why you gotta be hatin bro.....those magnets were cool...
grin.gif

Bob you got DQ'ed?!! For freakin what?

I know ryan got DQ'ed...what did you do?

We all moved our position to get a line on the targets. There were 5 of us, Bob included.

A bunch of us had to move because we couldn't see the targets. On top of that we complained pretty loudly to the RO about how ridiculous it was. So he DQ'd teams 3,6 and 8. That's me and Randall, Bill and Bob, and team Ryan.

Oh no Vu it was me that DQ'd...I told the RO that I had to move as I couldn't see the target. He told me moving was not allowed and that I would be DQ'd. There were actually five of us that moved but my dumb ass was the one who made a stink. As I've said many time I use these comps for training and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay $100 bucks not to shoot.

Good for you Bob....were you suppose to curve your bullets around the obstacle?

According to his comments I firmly believe I was the only one he DQ'd guys...when we were at the Mike's they were talking about it. He made the comment that the guys was warned...so I think all the others got their points....again my mouth overrode my ass!!!

I have to admit...the elevation was great for training...especially after always being at sea level!!!

I will not say anything about the comp since I was not at it BUT, Very basic sniper training tells you to get in a position to see the bad guy. This is not hide and seek. You need a sling and if it's a team thing have a spotting scope. All his "real world" paper work should have tought him this. I am just a simple LE sniper who if I told my IC that I am in position but can't see... I think " Then you are not in position" or "Move Bitch" would be the next thing I hear.

I think for 50 bucks it could have been good training.

I am in a full time training unit at a large PD. When I give classes I hate talking about myself in a possitive way. I wish I could rub up against him so some of his lack of shame would get on me.

Yeah definitely, Bob! Even after recalcing my dope, I was still having to make slight adjustments. I'm still happy I made a hit at 850 in that wind. But since I didn't shoot 100%, I ain't worth shit anyway. So tomorrow I'm selling my rifle and taking up knitting.

...um, NOT!
wink.gif

Thanks Bob! I'll see you at Bill's .22lr match next weekend!
smile.gif

We're all talking about setting something up for SoCal soon anyway. Will advise.

Thanks Iwas830 I will be there Sat. if I can get my MKII sighted in before then. It will be my first time down there.

I will glady shoot with Bob, Randall or Wes, anytime. Area 51 (the match that didn't happen) is well past due for a repeat. I noticed a post from LVSHOOTER stating this same fact. If I remember that match, there was "Extreme" shots in 20 MPH winds out to ??600yds??. But not only was there that shot, there was also the precsion shots and moving targets --that's real world.

Thanks Iwas830 I will do that. Look forward to it.

Now back to the subject is this an XTREME 22 Match HAHA HAHA
smile.gif

Damn - had the day off, spent some quality time with the Mrs . . . went to Wicked and it was fantastic. Going cleared the bad taste from yesterday from my system.

Bob from hearing things after you left I believe it was only our team (Team 2) that got DQ'd. Makes no never mind to me, it was our decision to move so we moved. You voiced your concerns as did I, in fact to the point that when I was packing my gear to move I was asked if I was leaving. (maybe it wouldn’t have been so bad just to carry our gear the other 35 yards to the truck and di di’d out).

In retrospect I guess we could have stayed in our spot and declared "no shot" when it came our turn like I had to on the second target of the following stage when we were told to move back to our original "hide". We would have gotten the same points for the stage – 0, but wasted a few less rounds of ammo.

I read somewhere that we should have low crawled to our new position . . . OK by me . . . BTDT in fact as many of you know people do that in my matches.

As to BEK’s words about the prep etc I call BS . . . and I'm not just talking as someone who competes, as in reality I don't get to compete much anymore or at all because I'm too busy these days running two matches a month, teaching a little here and there and playing RO at a rifle range, on top of my "day job". If he spent 60 hours in prep with 25 pages of notes it only proves his inexperience at doing this.

That said I shot this match only to get some trigger time since I’ve not competed in anything since SCPRC ’06. Was it worth the money, time and effort . . . sadly no . . . I think I’d been better off just going to the desert putting up some steel and rockin and rolling.

For those reading these and others threads about this match rest assured this is the exception and not the rule to California matches.

Wow. I know Ryan well enough to know that he never talks like this. For him to be this pissed off and airing it out in public tells me it must have been really bad. Timberwolf is also a real nice guy.

Sorry you guys had such a raw deal and thanks for giving an honest description of the experience. I know alot of guys would have just kept quiet to avoid the forum flames.

Mike Miller you said something a few pages back about those who think their shit doesn't stink usually have pants full of it and a nose that doesn't work. That was fucking classic man I laughed my ass off.

Marc

Sorry guys, I just can't read this thread without posting on it; I have to make a showing here in person. Problem is: for once I'm speechless.

shouldn't you be fishing marc? Hahaha

Dude bring your ass to our next match don't make me come to the bay area and toss you in the black van like in old school. You're my boy blue.

Xtreme enough for this thread?

I just spent 5 min on the shitter and came up with a better match than was put on ... Must have been a Xtreme turd I dropped.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 4thSeal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just spent 5 min on the shitter and came up with a better match than was put on ... Must have been a Xtreme turd I dropped. </div></div>

Sorry already been done . . . see one of my AARs from a couple of months back where we engaged targets from the can
laugh.gif

This thread has been very theraputic for me. Thank you all.

Back to my xtreme reloading. (crosses arms in an x)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rksimple</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This thread has been very theraputic for me. Thank you all.

Back to my xtreme reloading. (crosses arms in an x) </div></div>

From now on you are known as MrX

Well the main point is that this waist of money has been exposed as bad training and a bad so called match.

To me if the shooters are not given a equal exposure to the target to get the same type of shots off then it is unfair to the shooter.

Seems not only poor setup and COF but unfair and luck if you even seen the targets!!!

Sounds like a soup sandwhich from start to finish and i hope that this info serves the people of this site to avoid it and spend there money else where.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Sounds liek a soup sandwhich from start to finish and i hope that this info serves teh people of this site to avoid it and spend there money else where.

</div></div>

Thats exactly what I intended to do from the beginning.

And thanks Tony for quoting that big post from one of Bruce's cheerleaders. I couldn't even make up something that good!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: swarrick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HOLD ON I am out of Popcorn...</div></div>

I'll share.
popcorn.gif

WOW...I'm glad I was in the boonies doing a survival class instead.

I'm quite surprised on what happened although I suspected the competition was more geared toward people usually shooting from range benches ar known distances, reading between the lines in the original announcement.

Beautiful shooting area though, can someone PM-me the coordinates?

Yeah, as LVshooter said on another forum, we're overdue for another AREA51 Match.

I actually found the old brochure for it, LOL!!!!

AREA 51 Brochure

That was an awesome match. Not that it actually happened either
smile.gif

Didn't you say Bruce was a good guy DF?

If you know him...maybe you should give him a call and have him make right this mess.

I've met Bruce a few times at ASR a couple of years ago and I've seen him giving classes to new shooters one-on-one at that location. From what I've seen and feedback from people who were with him, his basic classes were pretty good with teaching fundamentals but I've not taken classes with him - just my own observation.

He's always been very helpful whenever I needed some tools/gear.

I don't have his contact, I thought he left CA a couple of years ago.

Putting together a good match is DEFINITELY a different set of skills. As competitors, we've been spoiled by what you, LVShooter, Spaniard and Timberwolf are doing locally.

Sorry you guys had such a bad experience, frankly I, too, was expecting something much better than what occured and I'm surprised as well.

Frog are you going to have any more field craft classes? I had a great time and learned a lot at the last one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertFrog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've met Bruce a few times at ASR a couple of years ago and I've seen him giving classes to new shooters one-on-one at that location. From what I've seen and feedback from people who were with him, his basic classes were pretty good with teaching fundamentals but I've not taken classes with him - just my own observation.

He's always been very helpful whenever I needed some tools/gear.

I don't have his contact, I thought he left CA a couple of years ago.

Putting together a good match is DEFINITELY a different set of skills. As competitors, we've been spoiled by what you, LVShooter, Spaniard and Timberwolf are doing locally.

Sorry you guys had such a bad experience, frankly I, too was expecting something much better than what occured and I'm surprised as well.
</div></div>

DF

I think your thinking of Ward (who invented the ACI and used to hang around with Steve "Froggy" when we all first starting shooting togerther) who movewd to CO a couple of years ago and used to teach one on one stuff at ASR and APS. Bruce is the short dark haired guys that teaches "classes" up at the Eagles Nest at ASR. KNowing him, I doubt he's ever taught one on one.

Oh F***ing FUDGE.... U'RE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

His company is named SniperTools, not Shooter or Sniper-Edge (whatever the name is).

At this point I don't know who the "Bruce" who put the match together is

I'm going back hiding in the boonies for the rest of the week...

Seriously, if anyone in our SoCal group (Wes,Iwas830,Jason,Ryan,Randal, etc...) went to that match because of my wrong recommendation, I will personally refund that person the match fee - just PM me. May take a while cause the current economy is getting to me a bit but I'll do it.

Damn thats equal to 250 eight hour a day, forty hour a week weeks, or five solid years with two weeks vacation each year. Thats xtreme (arms held across chest in an "X")