Mar 7, 2018
Southwest Colorado
Bac oohs
1634060658797.png

tomcatmv

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2017
I don't give a flying f==k about the whole taco vs. burrito thing. Me, I make my pork carnitas with a side of home cooked beans and home made pico de gallo. Corn or flour tortillas on the side.
Best way is buy the big pork loins at Costco or Sam's then I cut them into 3#to 4# chunks and seal-a-meal/freeze. Pull one out, thaw and throw it on my pellet smoker for about an hour at like 225 degrees then put in insta-pot with some OJ, spices and some chopped onion. When done pull it like you do pulled pork and throw it under the broiler for a few to get a little crispy.
Damn, I just made myself hungry. Where's the beer, whiskey and the freezer? :)

impactaddict

Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Central Texan checking in... I'm going with with the Mexicans in my home town (who make them) call them. Tacos.

You northern white people are crazy. The first time I made breakfast tacos for my in-laws from the north (Kansas), they were skeptical because they thought I was going to serve them in crunchy corn shells. 😂

Recently my boy who's not yet three invented his own breakfast taco. I call it the Continental Breakfast Taco.
Eggs, Bacon, Pancakes & Syrup on a flour tortilla. Truth be told, its pretty fuckin' good.

1634062762291.jpeg

justin amateur

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2012
What is it if it has a hard shell folded into a soft shell to catch the crunchy bits?
Is there an Alternative taco? I had to find out. Tofu? o_O

tofu.jpg

MtnCreek

Unreconstructed
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
I've had soft tacos in a mex restaurant that had mex soap operas on tv, so I know it was legit. I wish the mexicans would send us those hot soap opera chicks instead of what we get crossing the border.

PDXGS

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 31, 2009
Northwest Oregon
Fucking uncultured peasants.....may you be forever forced to eat Old El Paso and Goya products....you certainly deserve nothing better.
Sincerely.
Your friendly white hispanic (aka. daywalker)

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911

Choid

Slinging it. Left and right.
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
She gets citizenship and money and all she's got to do is stab him and blame it on the haitians. Not a bad plan.
She's probably been legal here longer than your redneck cousin fucking family.

fdkay

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 27, 2009
    Ingleside, Tx
    The best soft tacos (or whatever) I ever had were at a hole in the wall called Charlies' Tacos on BC Street outside Kadena AB, Okinawa. Other than those I like the crunchy shells.

Taco Bell is sewage in a wrapper...except the breakfast sausage crunch wrap....but sausage, eggs and potatoes aren't exactly unique to Mexico.
    I used to feast on the tacos from Vias restaurant on Gordon Ave in olongapo.
    The hot sauce made with boonie peppers would torch your sphincter the next day.

Reactions: Sandhog308

clcustom1911

"Cartman 1-2, come in"
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    Texas Hill Country
    I don't give a flying f==k about the whole taco vs. burrito thing. Me, I make my pork carnitas with a side of home cooked beans and home made pico de gallo. Corn or flour tortillas on the side.
    Best way is buy the big pork loins at Costco or Sam's then I cut them into 3#to 4# chunks and seal-a-meal/freeze. Pull one out, thaw and throw it on my pellet smoker for about an hour at like 225 degrees then put in insta-pot with some OJ, spices and some chopped onion. When done pull it like you do pulled pork and throw it under the broiler for a few to get a little crispy.
    Damn, I just made myself hungry. Where's the beer, whiskey and the freezer? :)
    You forgot the salsa verde from 1:1 ratio of roasted:boiled tomatillos, 3:1 tomatillo:jalapeño, shit ton of cilantro and sea salt to taste in the blender.

You're welcome

Reactions: Jim Out

clcustom1911

"Cartman 1-2, come in"
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Oct 23, 2017
    Texas Hill Country
    I've had soft tacos in a mex restaurant that had mex soap operas on tv, so I know it was legit. I wish the mexicans would send us those hot soap opera chicks instead of what we get crossing the border.
    The soap opera/news chicks are part of the Chosen Ones Caste in their system. They get recruited from the underling families to that caste based on looks.

I'm fortunate enough to have found the farmer's daughter that slipped through the cracks in that system 😃
    client_PART_1551368307108_received_2264446453614947_1551368296193.jpeg

Last edited:

Jim Out

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Nov 28, 2020
    Tucson
    let's talk seafood chile rellenos, crossroads tucson!

(they wrap them in bacon)

iu

TF-Crossroads-Restaurant-chiles-crossroads-1101.jpg

topbanner.png

Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: clcustom1911

Charger442

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Nov 2, 2010
    South Texas
    If they're hard its a taco. If soft, theyre a burrito.

We just went over this.

ill be damned if im taking taco terminology class from a damn-near-Canadian Ben Affleck. Frickin yankees. :LOL:

View attachment 7719409
    Best Jerked Chicken Taco in Chicago with a limp shell. Now what?

way too much cilantro. you only over-cilantro things if you're trying to hide the taste of something else.