• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

You idiots are gonna get fucked...

uppers without a lower are not regulated. Quit trying to be Junior G-man.

Yea I am not sure exactly what is going on but in the last couple of weeks I have seen people trying to sell unpinned 14.5" complete ARs (not just the upper) without labeling it or having it registered as a SBR. Saw one guy asking about if you can turn a mock suppressor to "actually work". There are stupid people out there asking stupid questions about clearly illegal things. LL is right, they will get caught and have no protection here.

Heck I had a 10.5" pistol upper for sale and a complete lower for a rifle in the same picture before (not attached or in the same post, just the same picture) and I got questioned on it. Bottom line, think twice before posting.

Good points all.

However, my own appreciation of this site has already taken something of a dip today for totally different reasons.

I think the time approaches when this place will be doing without me, and probably doing it just fine anyway.

I think we may be in a time when Snipers' Hide has finally and completely outgrown this Elder Fart.

Greg

This site is a better place because of you. I think a few more decades wouldn't hurt!

-DT

Schultz.jpg

Why does this look like a nazi John Candy?

LL or anyone who runs a large site has to go a ton of shit fending off hackers, kidnappers, thieves, con men etc. There is a lot of work that goes into keeping this running.
Many folks call this home base and enjoy a comradery. Many friendships are born and opportunities for shooting, shooting knowledge, and overall information sharing.
The problem arises when people feel ENTITLED to do what they want outside of LLs boundaries causing a friction or scuff.

I think this site is a privilege not a obligation or expectation to be given to us. Simple as that. Therefore it is a resource or blessing that we should be grateful for. It is STILL one of the best gun sites around.

Just my thoughts

PS I don't know LL or have any vested interest in this site other than enjoyment. But I do respect his wishes when he says quit poopin in my back yard.

LL or anyone who runs a large site has to go a ton of shit fending off hackers, kidnappers, thieves, con men etc. There is a lot of work that goes into keeping this running.
Many folks call this home base and enjoy a comradery. Many friendships are born and opportunities for shooting, shooting knowledge, and overall information sharing.
The problem arises when people feel ENTITLED to do what they want outside of LLs boundaries causing a friction or scuff.

I think this site is a privilege not a obligation or expectation to be given to us. Simple as that. Therefore it is a resource or blessing that we should be grateful for. It is STILL one of the best gun sites around.

Just my thoughts

PS I don't know LL or have any vested interest in this site other than enjoyment. But I do respect his wishes when he says quit poopin in my back yard.

^^^^^

LL or anyone who runs a large site has to go a ton of shit fending off hackers, kidnappers, thieves, con men etc.

I think this site is a privilege not a obligation or expectation to be given to us. Simple as that. Therefore it is a resource or blessing that we should be grateful for.

OK as soon as you get your lips off LL's dick, let me explain how this works...

The software driving this forum is called vBulletin (version 4.2 by the looks of it) and that company hosts and does all the work of maintaining the site for an annual fee that starts at $180 a year for 25GB worth of transfer per month. Their servers and the software takes care of the hackers and blocks the spam. The only thing LL has to do is moderate the legit posts and even there he has free help doing that. And by the looks of it he had a web firm do the mods to vBulletin (colors, logo's etc) so no huge operating cost each month.

The kidnapper, thieves, con men part... Have they legalized marijuana in Maryland?

LL has the forum because it makes him money. It is a business. No one in their right mind would put up with this crap for free. The more users you have, the more money you make. It is just that simple. The reason he puts up with so many assholes is because those assholes make him money by keeping his user count up and by clicking the ads. If he starts to ban 30% of the users he may as well donate 30% of his income to charity.

Here is the catch 22 of running a forum... If the users do not participate, the forum declines and the ad revenue declines with it. So LL literally is making money off of my posts. When I start a new thread on a topic that thread gets indexed by Google and is found by anyone doing a Google search for that topic. That leads to more users and more money for LL.

So contrary to what you think, LL needs all of us in order to make the bank he is making off the site. He needs us to keep posting content to attract other users. Without our content there is noting to post ads on. I appreciate the forum and I am sure Frank appreciates the money he makes off of our content. It is a symbiotic relationship. We get the enjoyment and the sharing of opinions, and Frank gets the bank.

That is hardly a privilege, that is a partnership.

Last edited:
OK as soon as you get your lips off LL's dick, let me explain how this works...

The software driving this forum is called vBulletin (version 4.2 by the looks of it) and that company hosts and does all the work of maintaining the site for an annual fee that starts at $180 a year for 25GB worth of transfer per month. Their servers and the software takes care of the hackers and blocks the spam. The only thing LL has to do is moderate the legit posts and even there he has free help doing that. And by the looks of it he had a web firm do the mods to vBulletin (colors, logo's etc) so no huge operating cost each month.

The kidnapper, thieves, con men part... Have they legalized marijuana in Maryland?

LL has the forum because it makes him money. It is a business. No one in their right mind would put up with this crap for free. The more users you have, the more money you make. It is just that simple. The reason he puts up with so many assholes is because those assholes make him money by keeping his user count up and by clicking the ads. If he starts to ban 30% of the users he may as well donate 30% of his income to charity.

Here is the catch 22 of running a forum... If the users do not participate, the forum declines and the ad revenue declines with it. So LL literally is making money off of my posts. When I start a new thread on a topic that thread gets indexed by Google and is found by anyone doing a Google search for that topic. That leads to more users and more money for LL.

So contrary to what you think, LL needs all of us in order to make the bank he is making off the site. He needs us to keep posting content to attract other users. Without our content there is noting to post ads on. I appreciate the form and I am sure Frank appreciates the money he makes off of our content. It is a symbiotic relationship. We get the enjoyment and the sharing of opinions, and Frank gets the bank.

That is hardly a privilege, that is a partnership.

Well look at this. You have made shit seem to look like chocolate pudding and forums your personal shit hole all in the name of symbiotic relationship. Are you running for office anytime soon???

That in itself is like protesting the NRA so you can get them more exposure and then pat yourself on the back for it.

All LL said was don't post illegal or stupid shit. I am surprised to see anyone oppose that. Seems like an easy request to me.

You guys crack me up..

Our government cant even build a fucking website to sell health insurance and you all think they know all about you?

Give me fucking break

How many of you served in the Military and saw all the stupid shit they could not even get right in theater?

I remember about 20 years ago an anchor was delivered to Ft Carson Colorado for a destroyer.

They cant even process the veteran health claims at the VA...

Seriously!

This is the same government that can not even track how many people have Obama phones, end Medicare fraud, and mails 118 tax refund checks to the same address in Lithuania. It is the same government that has to do an actual head count every 10 years to find out how many people live here.

Remember when I introduced the term "Too big to fix" Well I am going to introduce another one "Too big to function"

They cant even find an airplane 2/3rd's the size of a football field.

Just having a persons IP address does not mean they can find you, especially if you are on a large network using dynamic IP addresses. If you do not have a static IP, good luck finding you. They can find the city you are in but that is about it. And of course, they still need to get a warrant.. Read this Can you really be traced from your IP address? | Analysis | Features | PC Pro

Normally I get offended when Frank likes to refer to the people that support his form and click those ads so he can make a buck as "idiots" but after reading some of these replies... I understand why.

Perfect example, this idiot thinks the DOT is the police force for the post office!

If you are trying to sell illegal shit and get caught that is your own stupid luck. I don't see why Frank even needs to say anything about it, if I were him, I'd just let it happen and let the idiots get caught if they can be. No point in banning anyone when they are in jail and cant sign in or can just turn around and make a new account 5 minutes later.

Here is the catch... all that shit you care about... they don't get a fuck about.... That is why they suck at it.

For the shit they do care about, or where they have a library full of code, regulatio and law along with the resources to pull it off........they absolutley can do whatever they want.

Never underestimate the corrupt, bought/paid for or the true believers who think what they are doing is just.

CYA and don't be an idiot. Everyone of us commited a felony at some time durring our lives, statisticaly alone. Don't do their job for them by being an idiot.

Here is the catch... all that shit you care about... they don't get a fuck about.... That is why they suck at it.

For the shit they do care about, or where they have a library full of code, regulatio and law along with the resources to pull it off........they absolutley can do whatever they want.

Never underestimate the corrupt, bought/paid for or the true believers who think what they are doing is just.

CYA and don't be an idiot. Everyone of us commited a felony at some time durring our lives, statisticaly alone. Don't do their job for them by being an idiot.

Yeah right, name one thing they are good at. It took them 12 years to find Obama who was living in plain sight.

The government is too big to be effective. If you think otherwise, you are exactly what they want you to be. Over confident in THEIR ability.

Smart people do not work for the government, the pay sucks. Smart people work in the private sector.

Our government is a pack of corrupt money hungry thieves who do not have the intelligence to do anything better with their lives other than steal from the rest of us in plain sight. They don't give 2 shitts about what you are doing, they are too busy stealing us blind.

RHunter, I wanna party with you.

I might add that I know a few contractors, while not really having anything remotely to do with the Hide, that would definitely cause me to snap into my operator-as-fuck-head-on-a-swivel mode. And for some them the pay is nothing short of fantastic. Just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the US wanted to find Osama, they would have. Makes zero sense to kill the boogyman when so much can be done in his name. If he was zapped right after 9/11, there would have been no long drawn out Afganistan Campaign... nor the missdirection that led to the Iraq War. Dude, if you were in either of those theaters.... it didn't take long to see the REAL motivation for those wars......$$$$$ .The US had just went through the Tech bubble and our economy was dog shit. Nothing like a new set of long drawn out wars to get the wheels moving. The people who pull the strings, all made money hand over fist. They did not give 2 shits if Osama was chilling in packistan or taking an vacation in Tahiti. Killing him does not work to fill their objectives. So 10 years later, after what they wanted to do was done, they gave us the carrot that was dangling in front of us the whole time. But amazingly, no proof of this even happening was ever released to the public. The same guy who said "if you like your insurance you can keep it" would never lie to advance one of his agendas.

Yes the gov is full of idiots. I work with them everyday. What little hair I have left, falls out due to the sheer stupidity, corruption and lack of common sense for FEDS and CTRS. But to say smart people don't work for the government is just idiotic. PHD GS-09's who are the SME's for disciplines work for the gov. Want to know why? Because some industries, there is no money to be made. Most of the grant and gov assitance money is used by scam artists and leaches who do little to advance the subject/industry/discipline. They are there to make money. There are a SHIT ton of very smart, able and motivated people who work for the gov because they love their job. Durring the last shutdown/furlough we had people who wanted to work for free because they beleived in their programs. How many of you would work for free if not forced/expected or have the threat of being fired? The sad thing is, the system beats you down and eventualy the most capable and motivated people do one of three things. 1. they leave the gov 2. they give in and play the game. or 3. They fight and buck the system at the detriment of their advancment out of principle.

But you piss off the wrong agency or reglatory body or the wrong field office.......and resources you cannot fathom will be used to crush you anyway that can be. To think otherwise is just naive.

Yeah right, name one thing they are good at. It took them 12 years to find Obama who was living in plain sight.

The government is too big to be effective. If you think otherwise, you are exactly what they want you to be. Over confident in THEIR ability.

Smart people do not work for the government, the pay sucks. Smart people work in the private sector.

Our government is a pack of corrupt money hungry thieves who do not have the intelligence to do anything better with their lives other than steal from the rest of us in plain sight. They don't give 2 shitts about what you are doing, they are too busy stealing us blind.

If the US wanted to find Osama, they would have. Makes zero sense to kill the boogyman when so much can be done in his name. If he was zapped right after 9/11, there would have been no long drawn out Afganistan Campaign... nor the missdirection that led to the Iraq War. Dude, if you were in either of those theaters.... it didn't take long to see the REAL motivation for those wars......$$$$$ .The US had just went through the Tech bubble and our economy was dog shit. Nothing like a new set of long drawn out wars to get the wheels moving. The people who pull the strings, all made money hand over fist. They did not give 2 shits if Osama was chilling in packistan or taking an vacation in Tahiti. Killing him does not work to fill their objectives. So 10 years later, after what they wanted to do was done, they gave us the carrot that was dangling in front of us the whole time. But amazingly, no proof of this even happening was ever released to the public. The same guy who said "if you like your insurance you can keep it" would never lie to advance one of his agendas.

Yes the gov is full of idiots. I work with them everyday. What little hair I have left, falls out due to the sheer stupidity, corruption and lack of common sense for FEDS and CTRS. But to say smart people don't work for the government is just idiotic. PHD GS-09's who are the SME's for disciplines work for the gov. Want to know why? Because some industries, there is no money to be made. Most of the grant and gov assitance money is used by scam artists and leaches who do little to advance the subject/industry/discipline. They are there to make money. There are a SHIT ton of very smart, able and motivated people who work for the gov because they love their job. Durring the last shutdown/furlough we had people who wanted to work for free because they beleived in their programs. How many of you would work for free if not forced/expected or have the threat of being fired? The sad thing is, the system beats you down and eventualy the most capable and motivated people do one of three things. 1. they leave the gov 2. they give in and play the game. or 3. They fight and buck the system at the detriment of their advancment out of principle.

But you piss off the wrong agency or reglatory body or the wrong field office.......and resources you cannot fathom will be used to crush you anyway that can be. To think otherwise is just naive.

It gives me at least some hope that others see these things. The real question is who is behind it all. Knowing that is 1/2 the battle. At least as a beginning ask yourself, without naming any names, here, why did Halliburton get a "no competition contract" to rebuild Iraq."?

I learned long ago that whenever possible it is better to outwit your enemy, rather than fight him.

Last edited:
Dude, if you were in either of those theaters.... it didn't take long to see the REAL motivation for those wars......$$$$$ .

I agree totally with that and a lot of what you say is true. There is also truth is this:

But that is the exception and no longer the rule.

I do disagree with you about Osama, There was a lot of political clout in catching Osama and that clout, to a politician, is the guarantee of keeping your job. Had Bush captured Osama it is quite likely we never would have had Obama. The public would have forgiven the Afghan and Iraq war if they had their trophy. Americans do not like losers.

Like you, I worked with a lot of Govt people for about 20 years and saw the same things you see. But that culture has changed the last 5 years and stupidity rules the roost to a whole new level. Justification for your job has gone from what you could get done to how many others you can get involved. No one is capable of making any decisions.

Every friend I still have that is still working for the government says the same thing. No one can get anything done, they are frustrated in what they do, and the only reason they are still there is to get their retirement.

You summed that up perfectly with this:

The sad thing is, the system beats you down and eventualy the most capable and motivated people do one of three things. 1. they leave the gov 2. they give in and play the game. or 3. They fight and buck the system at the detriment of their advancment out of principle.

Its sad beacuse there are alot of young, bright minds who come in trying to solve problems and make agencies better, and they get crushed by the career shitbags, lazy fucks and corruption.

The cream in theis case gets scouped out and turned into ass lube.

The level of stupidity, incompentence and apathy towards those shitbags would make your toes curl. The gov could use a large dose of Darwinism.

Last edited:
Its sad beacuse there are alot of young, bright minds who come in trying to solve problems and make agencies better, and they get crushed by the career shitbags, lazy fucks and corruption.

The cream in theis case gets scouped out and turned into ass lube.

The level of stupidity, incompentence and apathy towards those shitbags would make your toes curl. The gov could use a large dose of Darwinism.

Its coming, be patient.

Government of the people by the people for the people has become government on the people's backs, by the hacks, for the hacks. They only listen to folks who tell them what they want to hear, they only do what bolsters their egos and personal power, and what they take, they never give back or give good value for.

The government we fund deliberately runs at a perpetual loss, and nobody within it thinks there's anything wrong with that simple fact or even thinks to apologize for the total failure of their stewardship.

It is the singularly most unrepentant place where good hearts and good minds go to die.

If I'm on any lists, I'm comfortable with being there.

Greg Langelius

Last edited:
[MENTION=7]Lowlight[/MENTION]

Great title.

Then I will have to admit to not knowing much about data mining and BI. But will confess that I am quite a data whore and will share with you just a little bit about how I go about whoring. Since I have the need (curiosity) for many petabytes of data, until recently I used a nifty Hyperion BSO-ASO set up. Because what I'm looking for, for the most part, is patterns within large data sets uploaded 2 minutes ago I have the need for speed. And since the data set is refreshed every day and because it is so large the system (ASO side of things) completely rebuilds itself every night (transparent partitions are wonderful things - but how I do the drop to xml and then rebuild/error check in the flash of an M80 is my own secret, and I don't use MaxL). The data goes into BSO because we have some massive calcs and BSO can do the heavy lifting. The data then goes to ASO about as fast as you can keystroke (jokes please), and here ASO is much, much faster, but the calcs need to be on the lighter side of things. ASO can do a few billion/second. This pretty much makes analyzing every single phone call made in the US a task as simple as pushing a Tonka toy around a small sand box. Especially if they collect only meta-data and not data, but who knows the truth of that matter.

My data sets are far larger than every call made in the US, for an entire year, and I have lots of people that want to latch onto this data, and we all want it faster. So I guess I'm not the only data whore around. Now we have the problem of user concurrency, big time. Along comes in-memory processing for me to consider. An initial objection to using an Exalytics set-up is that we wind up with at least 2 copies of the data, one on disk and one in memory. But, given the budget we have, I say fuck that concern because if we have multiple Exalytic boxes for a given set of users then we can do away with the concurrency problem. On top of that we have no down time during nightly refreshes/rebuilds, and the sun never sets on this operation anyways. At this point we can go Exalytics or something else like SAP's HANA (claiming 400 billion records/second), which means throwing away what we already had. What we came up with is a sort if witches brew (cluster) of technology. What I am willing to wager is that the NSA has LOTS of byte-guzzling data whores. That is neither condemnation nor admiration for them, but I sure as fuck would love to have a peek at their data center.

But all this comes from a guy who has spent far more time with the classics than SQL or MDX, so make of it what you will.

The NSA "admitted" to having a zettabyte of stored meta-data...In fact, (I'm a PC vendor) it's CK that Gov't contracts are eating first deliveries of all HDD/SD storage mediums...I actually just ordered like 5 4tb SSD's for a customer, was told I had to wait until the "gov't" order was filled, first. :rolleyes:

Forget about aggregate tracking and oracle-based meta compiles...They have open door access to Google's entire back-end, Yahoo's, AT&T's, Facebook...Etc.

AT&T + Google gives them routing table access + full website access to over 3/4 of America's websites/forums...Bla bla bla...So, now they can not only track your proxy but, shove it in your face if they have to.

Most people seem to forget that most ISP's, like forums will absolutely bend over backwards...The 4th amendment practically doesn't exist anymore if I'm investigating a case and I give that ISP causation (If I was a LEO).

A buddy of mine owns an ISP in the Mid-West...If an officer requests for an IP track and actually has cause, they completely hand it over. Charter, Cox, Time Warner -- You have no 4th Amendment, anymore.

But you piss off the wrong agency or regulatory body or the wrong field office.......and resources you cannot fathom will be used to crush you anyway that can be. To think otherwise is just naive.

This, in a nutshell.