• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your wife

Re: Your wife

How do I start this off? My Lady (wife):

She is a member here. Always reads, hardly posts.
She loves to shoot.
She buys me shooting stuff.
She makes me buy things that we shouldn't, just so that I/we have one.
She has been known to be waving cardboard at me, whilst I was laying prone and the skeeters were something fierce. (she's immune, and I didn't ask)
She got totally pissed at me, for not taking her to the range tonight. As in, yeah, we had a "severe re-negotiation" session, which almost became a donnybrook/domestic. (j/k, I hope)
She pushed me into going in the comp last weekend.
Her reasons for this, among many others, is that by me getting out there, and doing stuff, I am moving more. Which does help the healing, I can't deny. And she loves it too.

And as stated previously, in a thread of it's own.... she likes shooting the handguns SO much, that she went out and purchased a pair of Automated Bullet Casters for me/us to 'really get into it'.

Yeah, she's a great cook. Also loves to pull wrenches on the car/truck. She looks after me something fierce! I've never met a woman like her, ever. She is also a bit of a NASCAR fiend, to which Junior is her favorite now. Senior was, of course.

Oh yeah, and she's doing the school thing, to be a doctor. Brief hiatus right now, but she'll be getting back into it.

I love my wife, and I have so darn many reasons why. How does that grab ya/compare? My beautiful wife is the greatest, and also my Best Friend.

And no, I ain't making any of this up.

Im not married yet, but saving for a ring (buying a house too), we've been going out for over 3 yrs. I found honesty works, tell her I want a gun, put a lil money away every month and eventually buy it, she doesnt care, and knows that when I buy a gun I go shooting with the boys and camping, and when that happens she gets play money so she can go to a spa or do something nice with the girls. She was a supporter of reloading when she saw some ammo was costing $40 for 20 rnds, though I really dont think I am saving with all the stuff I bought or want to buy (RCBS Chargemaster is on the list).
smile.gif

She enjoys shooting too and is now asking for a gun, she wants a lever action .22, so we have been looking at Henrys...

My wife doent care she actualy bought me a new rifle for fathers day. and last week I made a joke about wanting a 1911 so I could get a set of grips I saw at cabelas so she walks to the gun counter while I was looking a somthing else comes back and says the one I think you need is about $1000 as long as I get a new pair of shoes its a deal.

The best part is she doesn't spend nearly as much on shoes and clothes as I do on guns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would hate to have to lie to my wife to get what I want. </div></div>

Exactly. In one year my wife got two text messages while she was at work:

"I found a Supra in New Jersey that I'm flying out to buy and have shipped back. I'll be back next week so let me know if you need anything before I leave."

Found a Typhoon in Minnesota and I'm heading down to Denver new to pick up Jeff so we can drive straight through. I'll be home sometime Sunday night probably."

After stuff like that, rifles and guns really isn't a big deal.
grin.gif
</div></div>

A Supra fan on the Hide? Cool! Mine is a Red 93Turbo. My father-in-law gave it to us as a wedding present when he couldn't work the clutch anymore. I suggested to my wife we might sell it and she balked, "I thought you were going to keep the Supra forever?" That's a good wife. And she doesn't complain about my reloading supplies or my new REPR. She also rang the steel at 300 yds first try. She's a keeper!

My wife is ok with the 500$ to 1000$ guns but dosen't understand 5000$ rifles. She has no idea how much a NightForce or S&B cost, thank God. My only fear is when I die she is going to sell all my stuff for what I told her I paied for it!

I have never lied to my wife about a purchase (guns or other).

Sometimes we don't agree with what is a worthwhile expenditure but you will have that. I have never felt the need to ask permission to purchase a weapon since those usually come from my OT.

Lord, I pray that when I pass,

My wife doesn't sell all my stuff,

For what I told her I paid for it!!!!

Actaully, we have a deal on the gun thing, I don't ask about her shoes, and she doesn't ask about the guns. I definately have the best of that deal.

I don't tell my old lady shit about the guns that I buy. It's none of her fuckin' business. I just scored an S&W AR with an ACOG on top. She has no idea. If she can spend $10.00 a day on smokes, then I'll just keep buying more gun stuff. Fuck her.

My wife is a good good girl and know how I am about money.

Things are all taken care of and she knows I must have got a good deal to spend the money in the first place.

The wife and I both spend and save our $(give -n- take).....she asks me to put in 11 tons of flagstone for a patio and I delivered! I have a number of upper end rifles and pistols... GAP, Springfield, Walthers, Annie. Pretty much everything was cool till I bought a 50 BMG EDM Windrunner w/USO glass. Windrunner + USO = kick to the balls(just lucky my wife doesn't have a wide foot!)

My wife knew that I had a bit of a "gun problem" before we got married, and she has always known about my gun fund. It has never been a problem.

i told my wife i needed good glass. buy once cry once. decided on the nightforce f1, showed her the price, she said go for it. glad i did too!

Budget and honesty. I'm not trying to be marraige counselor, however, hiding and work arounds may end up in bachelorhood again.
Also: When I get a toy, she gets something for her.

My wife is pretty cool about it. She doesn't have any problems with what toys I buy. She knows they're my new girlfriends or my only girfriends and she figures I can't catch any STDs from playing with firearms. But seriously, she knows because I tell her and she tells me that I better use my membership at the local gun club. She actually pays for my annual membership. Thank god I was lucky to have married her. She a wonderful wife. I couldn't have gotten any luckier.

My last girlfriend, before I met my wife, thought it was a waste and she had to go. Total tree hugger.

mad.gif
this site is where i go to get away from her....

i don't go to bars, gamble, shoot pool, do drugs, go to concerts, go to movies, go golfing, etc. like i used to, or piss money away on other things. so if i walk in the door with something special, she knows that i saved my nickels and dimes for it, and doesn't give me any crap about it.

A couple years back my job wents tits up after a poltical blow-out at the office. Two days later Premier had the S & B blowout sale. My fiance encouraged me to take advatage of it despite the financial instability.

I now have 5 S & Bs and she is my WIFE!

My Bride of 27 years knows what I paid and what they are worth when I pass.. Better than buying a fucking Coach purse!!

she just thinks they all look the same heh

I moved about $100K from my 401K to my gun collection when I learned the choices to be President were Obama and McCain. I beat the rush. That was the best move I ever made financially. My wife agreed with the decision though I'd have done it anyway . My purchases are used but excellent condition military, hunting, and self defense arms. No antiques, no rust. no junk.

My neighbor has quite a bit of his retirement money in what he calls his "401Gun". His sage investments have appreciated quite nicely over the past 15 years.

i have never agreed with that mentality. my wife has never had a job in the 11 years we have been together but the cash is as much hers as it is mine. she has sacrificed a lot for our family taken care of 3 kids and my self. very well i may add. the thought that i make all the money so she has no say or cant complain has never at any point ever crossed my mind. fortunately my wife and i shoot together and i buy 2 of every thing one for me one fort her.

guns are investments like gold and silver but not like stock's i dont know any one who has lost out on investing in firearms. that money is never spent. when i open the safe i see cash not steel. the only real expense in guns is ammo and gun oil. but ammo is overstated because that gains in value as well guns are usless without ammo

My wife is the opposite.... She maintains all the money in the household. Here's how it normally shakes down here...

She lets me do my thing, then I sometimes get carried away, then I get told we're broke and owe $xxxxxx thousands of dollars, then I scramble to work my ass off to get caught up....

She's a little to liberal with my wants and needs.... LOL

I always let my wife know out of simple courtesy and plus it clears the air to discuss the "good deal" openly or have someone home to sign for the goods if it is ammo or a C&R. I pay the bills, and provide the funds for our joint entertainment, along with putting funds aside for me. I average a couple of guns a year. Scopes, reloading supplies, and other stuff that goes with the hobby is off the table. And as a hobby, it really isn't like the cost of rebuilding cars or RC airplanes ($1000 for a good flier and gear) One of her friends made a smart remark to her about me and my guns and she replied," That she always knows what I doing downstairs in my reloading room, I'm home ever night, and he provides me with everything I need. What's your beef?"
One time a dealer called to let me know a rifle I ordered was in. She answered and the dealer started stuttering and talking nonsense like he probably does to most wives. My wife replied," I'll let him know his rifle is ready for pickup!" The line was silent for a second and the dealer said thanks!

My other half since 1984 is my IDPA CDP class partner - she don't mind - we are both having fun - if only I can push her into 3 gun fun.

I'm lucky, with the second (and final) bride. She makes considerably more than I do. I don't lift an eyebrow when she gets a Coach coin purse that matches her shoes and she doesn't question my hobbies. She has no interest in guns, shooting, or hunting. Once, she asked, "Just how many guns do you have in that safe?", to which I replied, "They are all in there."

My wife flat out runs the finanaces. She has a plan for every dollar. Me buying firearms does not calculate into this equation at all. She is under the impression that I have all the guns I need to own. Ever. She doesn't care that I make my living carrying a gun, and points out that if I really can't shoot more than the 5 guns I'm issued at work (glock, rem 870, rem 700p, 2 ARs).

She just doesn't get it. There are so many more cool toys out there that are BETTER than what I have at work!!!

I can't remember the last time I straight out bought a gun that wasn't a trade for something else. And until we win the lottery, that's unlikely to change.

Best approach I ever saw was this - agree that you can have a gun cabinet, and that you can fill the cabinet. Fill it right away with cheaper guns, so you are "done buying guns". Then, upgrade them one at a time to what you want for real as time and mayo jar money permits.

Then again, the guy that taught me that trick is 3x divorced.

When Mr. Hand becomes Mr. Fist, she knows the conversation has ended.

Sack up, boys, and the sky is the limit. Unless you are married to Lorena Bobbitt.

My wife gives me some brief grief, but then I just remind her that we send more money to her parents then I spend on firearms.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jer</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bm11</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would hate to have to lie to my wife to get what I want. </div></div>

Exactly. In one year my wife got two text messages while she was at work:

"I found a Supra in New Jersey that I'm flying out to buy and have shipped back. I'll be back next week so let me know if you need anything before I leave."

Found a Typhoon in Minnesota and I'm heading down to Denver new to pick up Jeff so we can drive straight through. I'll be home sometime Sunday night probably."

After stuff like that, rifles and guns really isn't a big deal.
grin.gif
</div></div>

Nice! What year and color on the supra? I helped a buddy build one a few years back. Greddy T78 single, fuel management system the works. That car would put 790HP to the wheels. And looked bone stock on the outside except some wheels. Hands down the easiest car to mod and work on if you know what your doing. Someday I will have a 1997 RSP.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mine just gets touchy if she dont get a new firearm outta the deal. </div></div>

+10 on that. I had a new rifle built for me last year, then I promptly had a custom Caspian 1911 built for her. I got the urge for another new stick for myself so to grease the skids I ordered her a lefty 20" 260 Rem from GAP a month ago.
She's on pins and needles waiting for her new Hi-speed Zero Stop Nightforce too.
We have no bones over spending $$ on toys!
laugh.gif

On pay day, the wife and I pool our money together. The vast majority goes to our joint account, and we sit down and pay bills (I've seen too many older women who have survived their husband, but have no idea how to pay bills and manage money) After that, we pay each other an allowance that goes into each of our separate accounts. She uses her funds for clothes and makeup, and I use mine for toys. The idea of either of us questioning how money is spent goes away . . . We, unlike so many married couples, don't argue about finances.

I chuckled about this thread when I read it - the missus asked what was so funny and I told her what I was reading. Big mistake..... Apparently I forgot to tell her about my latest expenditure last week :eek:O

All in good fun tho - we both work hard and spend on what we want, we've got some serious big boys toys sitting on paddock stands in the garage! (she's never been all that into shooting since I took her to the range with one of the Ishapore SMLE's in .308 and bruised her shoulder to all heck!)

My wife doesn't mind me getting a new firearm as long as I get her one too...

She's not quite as hardcore a range-hound as I, but that's just 'coz I have to send more rounds downrange to keep up with her!

In our household, means are tight and outlays are frugal. When I go buying stuff like reloading supplies, etc., she's usually, and I actually prefer that, along for the trip. It's a fairly long one, and corresponds to the same general time and area where we do the bulk of our monthly buying of supplies and staples, when our disability income hits the account.

It's not that she begrudges me my expenditures. She knows my frugal nature limits me to essentials anyway, and with due respect, I understand that my hobby is getting pricey and prohibitive. I honestly suspect I'll get priced out of it, and soon.

At my/our age, life undergoes some very fundamental changes, and for me, both my capability and my interest in things associated with firearms is waning. I'm just not very good at it anymore, and simply put, it's becoming a luxury that delivers less and less for more and more expenditure.

I can build and fly my model airplanes cheaper aand closer to home, and besides, where running things is concerned, we're well past the point where its somebody else's turn now. I also tire of the 'happy warrior' bit, where gun rights are concerned. At some point, enough is enough, and soon to be to much. I abandon nothing, I just leave it to younger minds and stronger backs; it's not like I never did my part.

BTW, next Sunday, I and my Bride Celia will have been married forty years, and that part just keeps gettin' better...

Greg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's mine is ours and what's hers is hers...... </div></div>

Been there/done that/got the divorce folder to prove it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's mine is ours and what's hers is hers...... </div></div>

Been there/done that/got the divorce folder to prove it.</div></div>

AMEN!!!! 9H

Thankfully my wife understands and appreciates my hobby. She served for a number of years in the Army and I think that helps her appreciate it more than some others.