• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Your wife

Re: Your wife

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: prairiefire</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> How many of you actually discuss and get your wife's approval before purchasing a firearm. </div></div>

As long as we have a roof over our head, food on the table, the kids are clothed/schooled, all the bills paid and there is no-one knocking on the door chasing bills I figure what I do with the rest of my money is my concern.

And I don't ask her how much she spends on her personal luxuries either.

Works well for us both
laugh.gif

I sneak my new guns into the house too. Once it is in the safe I'm golden as they all look the same to her. I can have it out within minutes and she never can tell it is new. Scopes and what not I have shipped to me no problem, she has no idea how much they cost. Looks like I'm not hte only one living this way!

My daughter wants to go deer hunting so the wife says, let's get her a rifle for her birthday. So we go get her a Browning in 7mm-08, while at the shop my wife decides it's time she got a handgun. So she picks out an S&W Bodyguard and for all my trouble let's me get a G26. Damn, she's sweet!

I generally sneak, but she counteracts that by saying " I don't remember seeing this one before" about every gun in the safe (when opened) even though she damn well does.
funny funny article
thanks

This is a funny thread.. My wife and I have come to the conclusion... she likes to be ahead of her friends.. Im a contractor in Afghanistan and she went to an annual car meet I usually take my oldest son too. My car was supposed to be on display but I had a cracked windshield so it was pulled.. She told me she wanted my car to be the center of attention next year at whatever cost... The engine is out,turbo being replaced and new drive and suspension components being changed... Thats what she gets for putting it in text on IM.. I have the proof. My wife is awesome cause I have sent her to the theshootistguns.com for 3 purchases so far and I keep on going. I have a shit ton of boxes in my closet, everything from a hardtop for my DD Miata(go ahead and laugh) to reloading equipment. All it has cost me is cash for a 2010 Lancer for her and a 330k house... I think I am still ahead.. cause I got a 3 car and a huge yard...

Yep I love her...

I told mine when I got with her that I will always pay the bills and we will never go hungry. But once those two things are satisfied Im gonna spend the rest on guns/trucks/toys etc... She said thats fine, what you do with your money is your business and what I do with mine is mine so dont tell me how to spend mine either. I said I love you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jj302</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I guess I'm lucky that my fiancee's father is a huge gun nut and her mother doesnt even bat a lash when he buys several old winchesters every month. My fiancee has very very little interest in guns, yet when I'm heading to a show she'll often ask if I need any extra cash. Yup... keeper. Still, I don't want to give her any reason to change her attitude so I make sure to discuss large purchases before hand. Same thing goes with cars and motorcycles.
She also could care less about expensive clothes and jewelry.. she's more interested in traveling and good food, so double score there!
After years of bad luck and almost getting married several times to the wrong women I still wonder every day how I managed to end up with one this great.

</div></div>

Thats funny, because I swear that is word for word what I was going to write for myself... Were both lucky dudes...

Mine thinks everything in my safe costs $200. She thinks my NFA fee's are what I'm paying for everything. I'd be single if she knew the cost of one of my rifles.

I keep all my overtime money, she gets my regular paychecks.

My wife is an O-5 in the U.S. army. She has absolutely no problem with my firearm addiction. Actually at Christmas and my B-day, she says "gun of your choice, within reason".

I love my wife!!!
grin.gif

So far I haven't had a problem. We haven't really discussed purchases.
Full disclosure we aren't married yet so that makes a big difference. We have lived together for 4 years though.

We still have separate accounts and such, I handle the bills.
She chips in the same every month and I pay everything out of my account. If we have to do something big for the house the we both need she'll throw in extra on it.

If there were kids in the equation, I'd imagine things would change. Big difference between fending for adults and shared responsibility to another.

That being said, if we do get married and are blessed with rugrat or two, I would talk to her about any big purchases beforehand. As a courtesy, as respect, and because I work alot and don't fool myself into thinking I know everything that's going on in my absence. I would hate to pull the trigger on something that I think will fit in the budget to find out we needed something I don't really pay much mind to.

As a couple other guys mentioned, got to be a partner. Should be able to treat it as a partnership.

Come to think of it, I'm going to start talking more about what I purchase right now. I should learn what's what before lawyers need to get involved.

this thread is too funny...

my dad and I used to go to the gun shows and buy a gun or two. luckily growing up on the farm we kept a rifle behind every door incase of skunks or raccoon or coyotes in middle of the night and we had to run out and shoot them before they ate our chickens and turkeys. so if we bought a new rifle, we would just set it behind the closet door for a couple days then put it in the safe...

funny cause now Im 26 and just graduated college, it hasnt changed. last night I walked in with a new nightforce under my arm. she asked what it is and I said my dad gave me one of his old scopes. the thing is though we are both engineers and are not hurting for money.

another funny story is i bought a new rem 887 shotgun. i left the receipt on the tabe for some reason. that night she walks up to me and asks what is this rem 887 that cost 450 bucks. I instantly said Happy Early Birthday!! haha the thing is tho that we hunt together so she likes firearms as well. last year she got a white tail and I got skunked!!

ha I love her to death tho and if we were not financially set, there is no way I could go behind her back...super funny article earlier tho...

Hell, my wife suprised me this last Christmas. I had asked for a new scope for a gun build I was working on. Showed her the exact scope I wanted. Nothing expensive only about 400 bucks. Well I had also been telling her how much I was wanting a new AR for the past year, but we both decided that would be too expensive this year. Christmas day comes and she hands me a box just big enough for a scope. I opened it and inside was a cheap ass BSA 3x9. I was dissapointed and she said is that the right one honey? Of course honey, I love it. About that time she leaves the room and I notice that the scope is on a B-Square mount for a 1913 Picatinny rail. I'm thinking why the hell would she buy this mount for...Then she comes walking back into the living room with a big black case that said DPMS on the side. I love my wife, she played me good there.

everything financial gets talked about but I do get her something when I get a gun so yeah she doesnt care LOL. And it helps that she LOVES the guns I buy and actively participates in the shooting hobby.

Not only do I keep my tactical purchases "black ops", I also spend "black ops" money on her.
so you bleeding hearts dont have to make me feel guilty.

but the only tangible reason I dont let her know about my shit, Is the simple fact that everything we purchase married, is 1/2 mine and 1/2 hers.

How many of you guys been through a divorce?

Mine was FUGLY, so there ya' go.

My wife and I keep seperate accounts. She has her money for her bills that she had before we got married, her funny money. I have my money for my bills that I had before we got married and my funny money. Then we have our money that goes towards the things we do together and its 50/50. My wife does not get upset about my guns at all. We both have the agreement to not tell each other how to spend our monry, but we do consult one another for before a major purchase. Thankfully being a LEO kinda helps me keep buy guns that, " I can use for work " LOL.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OneLunG</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If my wife had any idea how much I spent on guns I'd be divorced. </div></div>

+1, but then I would have way more money for toys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, my wife suprised me this last Christmas. I had asked for a new scope for a gun build I was working on. Showed her the exact scope I wanted. Nothing expensive only about 400 bucks. Well I had also been telling her how much I was wanting a new AR for the past year, but we both decided that would be too expensive this year. Christmas day comes and she hands me a box just big enough for a scope. I opened it and inside was a cheap ass BSA 3x9. I was dissapointed and she said is that the right one honey? Of course honey, I love it. About that time she leaves the room and I notice that the scope is on a B-Square mount for a 1913 Picatinny rail. I'm thinking why the hell would she buy this mount for...Then she comes walking back into the living room with a big black case that said DPMS on the side. I love my wife, she played me good there. </div></div>

Love it! Great story there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TJ.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought her a $4k Chanel handbag this weekend - i can do what the hell i like now on the gun front....if only i could afford to ! </div></div>

So, for what cartridge is it chambered? Got any pics? Is it based on the 1911 design?

I discuss all mine with the wife. As long as I don't go overboard, I am normally good. As long as the bills are paid, there's food at home, and still able to put money in Savings, she'll let me have so fun. Normally have to save for a couple of months for a purchase, but it's worth it. LOL

I discuss my purchases with the wife. My Wife is very understanding but will occasionally question things. She is usually right and often I'll reconsider until a better time. If I want something though she doesn't stand in the way.

She is much more frugal than I am and she does not buy anything for herself. She is not into jewelry, perfume, flowers, shoes, purse or anything. She actually makes her living teaching coupon classes to people and showing them how to save money!

Long ago, when we first married, I told my wife I would give her half of any profit I make a gun I sold... when the 1999 AW BAN came to CA, I sold most of my collection... needless to say, She got a nice shopping trip that year.. Been good ever since,,, whether it's a $300 or $3000 gun, does not matter... she averages collecting a grand or two every year..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Inogame</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yeticowboy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hell, my wife suprised me this last Christmas. I had asked for a new scope for a gun build I was working on. Showed her the exact scope I wanted. Nothing expensive only about 400 bucks. Well I had also been telling her how much I was wanting a new AR for the past year, but we both decided that would be too expensive this year. Christmas day comes and she hands me a box just big enough for a scope. I opened it and inside was a cheap ass BSA 3x9. I was dissapointed and she said is that the right one honey? Of course honey, I love it. About that time she leaves the room and I notice that the scope is on a B-Square mount for a 1913 Picatinny rail. I'm thinking why the hell would she buy this mount for...Then she comes walking back into the living room with a big black case that said DPMS on the side. I love my wife, she played me good there. </div></div>

Love it! Great story there. </div></div>

I'm very fortunate, and she is very tolerant of my gun habit. She was actually very anti-gun before we got together, but I converted her on our second date. Took her skeet shooting and she loved it. When we were first married and I was putting her through nursing school I had to sell my old Ruger P97 to make ends meet one month. As soon as she graduated and got her first paycheck she went and bought me a 1911. But she gets spoiled too. Dropped a good chunk on some Tiffany jewelry not to long ago for her.

I have a SLUSH fund from side jobs that I do.. with my own equipment that is generally gun fund money.. Family always come first though and If I dip into my stash the wife always pays me back.. with my own money LOL!!

At this point in life I have enough toys that if I need another I'll just sell something. Only time it bit me in the behind was selling her kayak to recoup funds from a scope purchase.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BattleAxe</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually it started on our honeymoon.....the story goes like this:
I came into the bedroom and threw my pants down in front of her. I then proceeded to say, " put those pants on. " She then replied, " I can't they are to Big."
I then said, " remember that you said that." and I walked into bathroom and took a shower. When I came out of the bathroom, my lovely new bride was smiling at me.

She then threw her panties at me and said, " You better change the attitude or you will never get into These." </div></div>

My wife occasionally likes to joke with her GF's that she wears the pants...I tell them she can wear whatever she wants while she's sucking my $#%&
grin.gif
</div></div>

I wear the pants in my household, but my wife picks them out.
wink.gif

+1 on that. We have a division of labor in our household. I make all the "big" decisions. My wife handles all the "small" ones.

Fortunately after two decades, I am happy to report no big decisions so far.........

I'm 33 and never married. To hear all these men talk about their wives so positively fills me with some hope of finding a decent wife yet. I worked a gun counter for a while and it sucked seeing the guys coming in to sell their guns before getting a divorce. Really sad.

That said, anyone considered putting guns under a trust or corporation? lol

I try to never lie, either to my wife or anyone else. It's not an easy policy to live with, but it's one I believe in.

My wife has put up with a good deal of firearm related purchases, and I appreciate it it's definitely pissed her off at times. She's insisted I don't buy any more firearms until we own a house, but I've got a firearm for each purpose I might need one(AR15, bolt, pistol shotgun, .22). I am however allowed to upgrade all I need. So these firearms will all eventually be top tier as I come across spare money.

I can also pretty much get away with selling firearms and and replacing them with better ones.

I've talked her into letting me build her an AR15 though and probably both of us .22 conversion uppers.

Haha, so there's really no shortage of options despite me agreeing with my spouse not to purchase any more firearms.

I have got one of the best wifes in the world. She allows me a new or custom rifle and scope every year along with a hunting trip where ever I want to go.

She knows when ever I buy an expensive rifle I will want a great scope to go with it. $$$

We have been married for 22 blissful years so I have a number of rifles and have been on some great hunting trips.

We are trully blessed and appreciate everything we have.

My wife ends up encouraging my purchases. I've bought 4 guns in the last two months and I told her to tell me I need to stop for a while. She replied "why, if you want another one, just get it".

laugh.gif

My wife and I are both rifle junkies. She just doesn't do a message board or anything like that. We're both always trying to make some sort of purchase for ourselves. It's usually.."if you use the money to buy that, then I'll have the money to buy this". lol. So it's never really an issue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: marduk185</div><div class="ubbcode-body">only problem from mine is she steals them and i have to buy another one for me.</div></div>

Happens to me all the time.

Not a bad problem to have!

Some of you guys are very lucky.. My wife is great but she doesnt just let me spend whatever I want. We have 2 small kids and 13 years left of mortgage so after that.?? problem is, she wants to move to a different area..

I have my ways of squirlling money away to get stuff. I do HVAC, so sidejobs installing furnaces and AC/Heat pumps at ppls houses are great.. Thats mainly how I have funded my toys..

My problem is, I love motorcycles too..Their not cheap either.

Im glad that Glocks and AR's pretty much look the same, cause I can always sneak those into the safe..

The only time I buy a gun without my wife's knowledge is if it's for her. Other than that we talk it over. But she gets enough other toys that she doens't mind me buying guns.

You know what? It's nice to see a good portion of you guys being honest with they wifeys about where the money goes. It is really encouraging to me. I don't hide any money from my wife but that's not too hard since I don't make too much. On the other hand, I get a new gun as a gift from her at least once a year.

My wife and I will be happily married for 30 years in February. We have done wonderfully with the "Don't ask don't tell" policy!!
laugh.gif

my wife once lodged a makarov in my prison purse cause I bought it without pre approved permission slips properly filled out, ever since it's been a crap shoot

I don't mix the "fun" funds with the household budget, I do a LOT of horsetrading. She has gotten me guns for gifts, but I have done mainly upgrading in the past few years.
There's rifles I'd love to get, but until I can shoot better than the swap meet allocated parts screwed together by a local yet competent smith, I can live with what I have.
I just grabbed the next barrel to make my boltgun match my gasgun, so my match rifles will be shooting the same for economy of time and components.

I let her do her thing without too much grief, and she lets me do mine.

She bitches more about the time and money spent to go to matches and practicing than the guns themselves....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She bitches more about the time and money spent to go to matches and practicing than the guns themselves.... </div></div>

I have gotten some of that recently. More about the traveling than the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">my wife once lodged a makarov in my prison purse cause I bought it without pre approved permission slips properly filled out, ever since it's been a crap shoot </div></div>

Hahahaha jesus man you're rapidly escalating the list of Hide members I most want to grab a beer with

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She bitches more about the time and money spent to go to matches and practicing than the guns themselves.... </div></div>

I have gotten some of that recently. More about the traveling than the money. </div></div>

Yeah if I even hit at going somewhere far away for more than just a few days without the wife she gets pretty worked up
smile.gif

I can't blame her if I was her I wouldn't be able to bear being away from myself either hahaha

My wife just said, "Want in one hand, shit in the other and see which one fills up first!"

Its a good thing the sex is better now it was 20 years ago...

She wasn't too happy with my SHOT show trip next month, and she was really not happy about me talking about going to some of the other big matches.

I have to tone some of it down this year because I am trying to reorganize some stuff and get the business moving forward.

Don't worry if hobbies interfere with business. U are not in trouble until the hobby interferes with the other hobbies.
smile.gif