• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic MPCT3 reticle

Ahhh Got it, Thanks @wjm308

Stupid questions hurt, but the answer helps immensely. Looks like you are calling it 500 based the first point where the edge of the IPSC intersects the funnel, i.e. when it fits perfectly.

Learning has occured.

IIRC, this was on 15x.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200118-094800.png
    Screenshot_20200118-094800.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 691
The funnel is designed to work with four different target widths: 6, 9, 12, and 18 inch. If 12 or 18 inch fits the full width, read the range on the appropriate side. Half those widths, so 6 or 9, use the centerline as one edge. The centerline also helps to ensure the funnel is vertical with the target.

Ability to range four different target sizes with a direct readout gives it a much higher versatility. Hope that makes sense for the concept of the Fatal Funnel.

The funnel is designed to work with four different target widths: 6, 9, 12, and 18 inch. If 12 or 18 inch fits the full width, read the range on the appropriate side. Half those widths, so 6 or 9, use the centerline as one edge. The centerline also helps to ensure the funnel is vertical with the target.

Ability to range four different target sizes with a direct readout gives it a much higher versatility. Hope that makes sense for the concept of the Fatal Funnel.
So like this?

Edit: removed image to avoid confusion

Last edited:
IIRC, this was on 15x.
Thank you Nick, that helps, my eyes were immediately drawn to all the circles below, just not sure if I like that, but I do like that all the other dots tend to disappear, well I like that the vertical disappear but the horizontal also kind of disappear which isn't good for holds. Interesting design, but not sure if it's my cup of tea.

That would actually be for a 9 inch and 6 inch targets. About 460 for the 9 and 650 for the 6.

Full size 12 or 18 goes edge to edge of the funnel.
So Chrome was right, full size would be center across the whole width like the image below, I actually find that more confusing.

1579371989615.png

Any plans to offer a variation w/o the funnel? I can see value in the open dot, but at least to my eye in that field photo, the funnel is extremely distracting.

Reactions: rydah
So Chrome was right, full size would be center across the whole width like the image below, I actually find that more confusing.

View attachment 7228345

This is a very standard way of using a choke style rangefinder. These have been around forever and a day in Eastern block countries designed to range a human torso.

I have seen horizontal choke style rangefinders matched to the ballistics of a particular round, so that when you bracket an object of the right size between the lines, you just pull the trigger. Sorta like a combination between a choke style rangefinder and BDC.

ZCO sized it for competition targets, but aside from that there is nothing controversial here.

ILya

This is a very standard way of using a choke style rangefinder. These have been around forever and a day in Eastern block countries designed to range a human torso.

I have seen horizontal choke style rangefinders matched to the ballistics of a particular round, so that when you bracket an object of the right size between the lines, you just pull the trigger. Sorta like a combination between a choke style rangefinder and BDC.

ZCO sized it for competition targets, but aside from that there is nothing controversial here.

ILya

Got it, super helpful. Once the widest part of the target begins to symmetrically touch the boundaries of the uterus, crosswalk the middle of the target to the closest distance dilenation, and that is your final approx distance.

More learning has occured.

Its growing on me the clarity of "O" being whole mils vs different size dashes is comfortable to the eye and mind. I still would like to see a side by side 15x like shown above.

Pair the MPCT3 (minus the ranging funnel) with a ZCO420 on a slight weight diet and that would be the perfect LR hunting scope.

interested to see side by side with MPCT2 - hope I don’t have regrets... :)

Unfortunately I don't have any side by side photos. The new reticle in the 5-27 is headed to SHOT. Maybe other photos of the MPCT2 that have been posted at other times will give an idea. Otherwise I'll see what I can do during SHOT but can't guarantee anything better right now.

Unfortunately I don't have any side by side photos. The new reticle in the 5-27 is headed to SHOT. Maybe other photos of the MPCT2 that have been posted at other times will give an idea. Otherwise I'll see what I can do during SHOT but can't guarantee anything better right now.

I’ll try to remember to take some pics while there and see if I can make a side by side picture/montage.

The MPCT3 is growing on me after seeing the through the scope photo. The reticle is or appears lighter and the circles blend in as well yet easily enough distinguishable.
May have to try one.

Funny, kinda reminds me of the EP4 Arken reticle everyone was giving the business..

I feel really dumb for asking this, but why 5 hash marks between the full mil circles?

When will these be available and what will the price be?
Price will be the same as other reticles. We expect delivery from our reticle manufacturer in about 60-90 days. This is purely a guess barring no unforseen circumstances. Once we have the reticles, about 2 weeks to build products and ship to dealers that have orders for them.

I have not used a hold over (tree) reticle for many years, that said I committed using one this year. I have been working with my Wife's MPCT2 this winter. After looking at the MPCT3 and thinking it though, I have ordered one for myself.
I was like many being very skeptical about how cluttered it appears on the paper, but through the scope I would say Nick was correct that it is less obtrusive than the 2 and the big open dots appear to be fast to find. I do wish they had left the 1.4 and 1.6 up on the horizontal, but I will learn.
I am going to go on a limb, I will bet this works very well and is fast, but with anything new, it will take training and practice will make it effective...:)
Nice work Nick

Price will be the same as other reticles. We expect delivery from our reticle manufacturer in about 60-90 days. This is purely a guess barring no unforseen circumstances. Once we have the reticles, about 2 weeks to build products and ship to dealers that have orders for them.
Thanks for the response I have been sitting on the fence for a few weeks I already have my 36mm SPUHR ready to go looks like a call to CST for a preorder is in order.

Really like it the more I look at side by side with mpct2 pictures. It is definitely less intrusive of the image. I guess I better save more for another zco when they come available

Thanks for the response I have been sitting on the fence for a few weeks I already have my 36mm SPUHR ready to go looks like a call to CST for a preorder is in order.

We will be setting up our site this week for pre-orders with a small deposit, in the mean time anyone can PM me their information so I can get everyone on our list in order ?

Reactions: gebhardt02
Here’s a side by side with pics currently available

View attachment 7228753
Thanks for posting Dt, even though these are two different scenes it does help to see how the two reticles look in the field (literally). The circles just bug the heck out of me, while the overall reticle is less cluttered from these two images, those circles constantly distract me - will it make a difference in actual shooting, probably not, but as we all know reticles come down to usability and personal preference and for me the circles are an annoyance. Last year I kept asking ZCO for an MPCT3 with dots, but this MPCT3 was not what I was hoping so now I'm going to ask for the MPCT4 (or MPCT2e for enhanced) which would be the MPCT2 exactly, but instead of the solid horizontal lines and hash marks, just use dots like the MR4/Gen 3XR and eliminate the funnel and make the center dot a tad bigger. But the reality is I am a small fish in a large pond, regardless of what ZCO does with their reticles, the fact remains they make some phenomenal scopes which is impressive for a company only a few years young!

Thanks for posting Dt, even though these are two different scenes it does help to see how the two reticles look in the field (literally). The circles just bug the heck out of me, while the overall reticle is less cluttered from these two images, those circles constantly distract me - will it make a difference in actual shooting, probably not, but as we all know reticles come down to usability and personal preference and for me the circles are an annoyance. Last year I kept asking ZCO for an MPCT3 with dots, but this MPCT3 was not what I was hoping so now I'm going to ask for the MPCT4 (or MPCT2e for enhanced) which would be the MPCT2 exactly, but instead of the solid horizontal lines and hash marks, just use dots like the MR4/Gen 3XR and eliminate the funnel and make the center dot a tad bigger. But the reality is I am a small fish in a large pond, regardless of what ZCO does with their reticles, the fact remains they make some phenomenal scopes which is impressive for a company only a few years young!

I’m the same with the circles. My eyes keep shifting from one circle to another all over the place.

This is definitely not a complaint, as everyone is different and it’s obvious this reticle appeals to people.

Are there any photos of the reticle down at 4 or 5 magnification? I’m particularly interested in the heavy bars and how well they draw your eye to the center.

ETA- I know there’s an image on page 1. I meant a through-the-scope view like the ones on this page.

Are there any photos of the reticle down at 4 or 5 magnification? I’m particularly interested in the heavy bars and how well they draw your eye to the center.

ETA- I know there’s an image on page 1. I meant a through-the-scope view like the ones on this page.

Not at this time, sorry. Might be able to try and get some this week.

Reactions: CSTactical
Here is a pic at 5x and 27x.

Pics don’t do it justice, but people want pics, so here they are.

I’ll write some thoughts on it later.

Attachments

• 86AA92A2-1EA3-4D77-B357-5D4B956DCBA8.jpeg
    86AA92A2-1EA3-4D77-B357-5D4B956DCBA8.jpeg
    301.9 KB · Views: 377
  • 6FFB4D60-5F87-4326-BE57-0D8505DE622C.jpeg
    6FFB4D60-5F87-4326-BE57-0D8505DE622C.jpeg
    453.1 KB · Views: 363
Is the uterus in MIL's or MOA?
I don't like seeing trace anyways..
Hard pass.