• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Zero Compromise Optic update

I agree with you 110%

"That said, if ZCO were to come out with something similar to the Vortex AMG, keep it FFP, keep it mil/mil but drop the weight by about 10oz, well that would be something to write home about. " ----This is exactly what I'm talking about!

How bout a "goal" spec sheet. I'll start....

Magnification: 3-18, 4-20, 2.5-15, 3-21, ???
Focal Plane: FFP
Objective outer diameter: 44-50mm
Field of view @100 yards: 40ft at low end mag
Internal adjustment range: 30 mil or more
Click value: .1 Mil-rad
Parallax adjustment: approx 10m
Tube diameter: 30mm
Weight: less than 25oz.
Reticles: MPCT1/MPCT2
Glass: ZCO'S
Turret: micro ZCO's (locking with reduced mass and 5 mils/rev)
Diopter: locking
Illumination: ZCO's

Please add/subtract/and or correct (I'm not an optical engineer).... I'm just talking out loud and wishful thinking

I Know it’s not a ZCO, but Nightforce has the nx8 2.5-20 that fits this bill.

Reactions: ND Precision Rifle
Looks like the perfect optic for that rifle. Can you use the bubble level though? Looks like the scope would be way too low in the mount and make it really hard?

This.

I can see the bubble, although it is not 100% unobstructed. The optic sits a bit low; however, the bigger hindrance is the DT’s skins. You can see in the photos that the skins come together back behind the Picatinny rail and are raised a bit. This blocks my inline view. I can glance at the bubble from the side or with my non-dominant eye.

Reactions: rydah
Damnit................that is a REALLY low blow........ :eek:

(ZC527, MPCT2.......if you must know :rolleyes:. You've got my number ?)

OK we will be in touch when we get closer to your order :cool:

Anyone else want a ZCO? Speak up now...

35d69a.jpg

I would rather a small delay than have a product hit the street too soon,

I believe June was mentioned, but I also recall Jeff telling me Sept ?

I think all you who think the delay is an issue should go another route if you are upset rather than whine.

This instant gratification thing is a problem, I remember waiting 9 months to get my Accuracy International Rifles and my S&B scopes, that was a set in stone date back in the day. Order a rifle or scopes from either and 9 months later you had it. today everyone wants things today and will stomp their feet if they have to wait

Nobody forces you to pay early,

I agree with this completely. I really want a Zero Comp. Unfortunately I'm not one of those "key individuals" that will get one early, so I bought a Nightforce ATACR. I'm not complaining. I can sell the NF down the road and purchase the ZCO. A good friend already has one of the 4-20's and they are definitely worth the wait. I'm just impatient. LOL

I agree with this completely. I really want a Zero Comp. Unfortunately I'm not one of those "key individuals" that will get one early, so I bought a Nightforce ATACR. I'm not complaining. I can sell the NF down the road and purchase the ZCO. A good friend already has one of the 4-20's and they are definitely worth the wait. I'm just impatient. LOL

Give me a call and I'll be happy to get you in line for one :)

I think “key individuals” has become anyone with the cash to buy one at this point ?

I've been patching the idea of this scope to manufacturers for years. Some are more receptive than others. I think we will see something like this within a year or so.

Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 will get in the ballpark, but I hope to see others address this niche as well.

ILya

The wait is strong - actually it isn’t in this age of want it now haha

Some cool Zco discussion from Adam C who shoots them,

Listen to the torture he put the scope through to check it

Everyday Sniper Podcast
Thanks for sharing Frank. Wow, at about the 43 minute mark Adam says he breaks all his scopes but asked Jeff Huber if he broke it would ZCO fix it and Jeff said yes so he dropped it from head height onto a sheet of ice on his driveway, not once, but at least 20 times with a 16lb rifle and it shot dead center after he shot out some snow in his brake, put it under water and did all kinds of things to it, his first match with it he got 1st place - sounds like an adequate torture test!

Thanks for sharing Frank. Wow, at about the 43 minute mark Adam says he breaks all his scopes but asked Jeff Huber if he broke it would ZCO fix it and Jeff said yes so he dropped it from head height onto a sheet of ice on his driveway, not once, but at least 20 times with a 16lb rifle and it shot dead center after he shot out some snow in his brake, put it under water and did all kinds of things to it, his first match with it he got 1st place - sounds like an adequate torture test!

Not a direct torture test but I'll be running my 527 this weekend at the mile high shootout nrl match. I don't expect any problems, but if anyone can break a rock, it's me lol will update after the match if anything interesting happens.

Not a direct torture test but I'll be running my 527 this weekend at the mile high shootout nrl match. I don't expect any problems, but if anyone can break a rock, it's me lol will update after the match if anything interesting happens.
You're coming to my neck of the woods. I look forward to hearing how it went, I've hunted outside Craig before, some of the best elk country and some beautiful country out there to boot. I wish I had more time to shoot at one of these local events.

That being said, I am getting the opportunity to play with a ZC420 tomorrow, will compare it to my K318i and a Schmidt Ultra Short 3-20 as well as some ZP5's

Last edited:
Just mounted up the 4-20 mpct2 from @CSTactical on the 300 PRC. Excited to use this thing finally.
at about the 43 minute mark Adam says he breaks all his scopes but asked Jeff Huber if he broke it would ZCO fix it and Jeff said yes so he dropped it from head height onto a sheet of ice on his driveway, not once, but at least 20 times with a 16lb rifle and it shot dead center after he shot out some snow in his brake, put it under water and did all kinds of things to it, his first match with it he got 1st place - sounds like an adequate torture test!

I wonder if Jeff knew what that guy was about to do to it? That is going above and beyond...

Reactions: ormandj and RS14
I wonder if Jeff knew what that guy was about to do to it? That is going above and beyond...
It sounds like it, while this would fall under their exclusions clause in the warranty "Exclusions to this warranty are intentional misuse or abuse of the product" often manufacturers will allow this abuse when someone as high profile as Adam calls in like he did. Adam followed the proper protocol and the manufacturer honored that, sure would be nice to see the video that Adam said he took while performing this unholy act with the ZCO and then shooting the group afterward. I'm reminded of a Nightforce torture test video a few years back where they froze the scope in a block of ice, shot it with a 12 ga shotgun to remove the ice, pounded a metal spike with the front of the scope and it appeared to still be zero'd at 100 yards.

Waiting for one of you ZCO owners to put up your torture test video ;) (but you might want to call Jeff first)

I can see the bubble, although it is not 100% unobstructed. The optic sits a bit low; however, the bigger hindrance is the DT’s skins. You can see in the photos that the skins come together back behind the Picatinny rail and are raised a bit. This blocks my inline view. I can glance at the bubble from the side or with my non-dominant eye.

I put a folding low profile pic rail bubble on my DT because I can’t see the level in the ARC rings and there was not enough room on the scope tube, it’s works very well without breaking my cheek weld.

Attachments

• 70D4DB62-6531-45ED-BC12-A012C8A5A643.jpeg
    70D4DB62-6531-45ED-BC12-A012C8A5A643.jpeg
    359.5 KB · Views: 181
  • 928903A6-EAEC-42F8-8953-93E9A271FF10.jpeg
    928903A6-EAEC-42F8-8953-93E9A271FF10.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 189
Just spent some time side by side with the ZCO 420 and TT525... all I can say is, WOW.

ZCO hit it out of the park.

The thing the stands out immediately is the eye box... huge sight picture. The image almost seems to float with very little black ring around it.

Optically it's amazing. Super CA control and excellent resolution and contrast.

The turrets are also much better than I thought they would be. They have that interesting "mechanical feel" that I love. Must be the double detent thing? Very tactile while feeling solid.

The controls are very smooth, perfect amount of tension.

To do all of this in an ultra short package is nothing short of amazing.

Can't wait to get out and shoot with it.

I put a folding low profile pic rail bubble on my DT because I can’t see the level in the ARC rings and there was not enough room on the scope tube, it’s works very well without breaking my cheek weld.
Curse you and your beautiful DT!!! :love:

Just spent some time side by side with the ZCO 420 and TT525... all I can say is, WOW.

ZCO hit it out of the park.

The thing the stands out immediately is the eye box... huge sight picture. The image almost seems to float with very little black ring around it.

Optically it's amazing. Super CA control and excellent resolution and contrast.

The turrets are also much better than I thought they would be. They have that interesting "mechanical feel" that I love. Must be the double detent thing? Very tactile while feeling solid.

The controls are very smooth, perfect amount of tension.

To do all of this in an ultra short package is nothing short of amazing.

Can't wait to get out and shoot with it.
Stop it! All of you with your glowing reports of the ZCO, someone please tell us it's a total sham and all these guys have been paid to say this (just kidding). Well, I guess I'll find out first hand tomorrow when I see my first ZCO, but maybe I won't be so impressed because now my expectations are super high...

Seriously, thank you Dave, I know how you test and evaluate your scopes, so if you are pitting your ZC420 next to your TT525 and think "Wow", that is impressive... I am ready to be wowed.

Stop it! All of you with your glowing reports of the ZCO, someone please tell us it's a total sham and all these guys have been paid to say this (just kidding). Well, I guess I'll find out first hand tomorrow when I see my first ZCO, but maybe I won't be so impressed because now my expectations are super high...

Seriously, thank you Dave, I know how you test and evaluate your scopes, so if you are pitting your ZC420 next to your TT525 and think "Wow", that is impressive... I am ready to be wowed.

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: hk dave

They're getting paid to shill this scope?? ZCO, send some o' that my way! Gotta pay for college :ROFLMAO:

Seriously though, ZCO doesn't need to pay anyone to speak good about this optic. It speaks for itself. I'd be surprised to find anyone that has a major complaint about one.

Love to hear your but I’m pretty sure I know what it will be?

Just got back from a shoot with an awesome Hide member who owns the ZC420. I took a number of pictures (not sure how many turned out yet) and we did a lot of comparing between my K318i and a couple Schmidt Ultra Shorts (edit: and a ZP5 3-15). I'll do a more formal writeup soon, but initial impressions are quite impressive. To sum it up in hk dave's words... "Wow"!

Last edited:
Just got back from a shoot with an awesome Hide member who owns the ZC420. I took a number of pictures (not sure how many turned out yet) and we did a lot of comparing between my K318i and a couple Schmidt Ultra Shorts (edit: and a ZP5 3-15). I'll do a more formal writeup soon, but initial impressions are quite impressive. To sum it up in hk dave's words... "Wow"!
Looking forward to this. (y)

:)

Looking forward to hearing your additional impressions....I purchased a ZCO420 mpact 2 a couple months ago and really enjoy putting it to use, so much so that I ordered a ZCO527 mpact 2 on Friday....estimated delivery 2-3 weeks

Reactions: Moose
:)

Looking forward to hearing your additional impressions....I purchased a ZCO420 mpact 2 a couple months ago and really enjoy putting it to use, so much so that I ordered a ZCO527 mpact 2 on Friday....estimated delivery 2-3 weeks

2 -3 weeks from order date? Who do you know?!?!

It was a good day. Fun to get out and compare these scopes with someone else other then just being solo and having a single opinion. Glad you had a good camera to get pics other then our cell phones.

We could both agree at the price level and tier of these optics we split hairs. I remember at least one time you picked the two you liked the best in a specific test and I picked the other one. :ROFLMAO:. Just shows how everyone's eyes are different.

Reactions: gebhardt02
2 -3 weeks from order date? Who do you know?!?!
Mile High Shooting estimated 2-3 week delivery when I placed the order on Friday...at least that what I thought I heard:)....last time they gave me an estimate it was spot on.