• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Zero Compromise ZC840 8-40x56 starting to ship to CS Tactical!

CSTactical

Sniper's Hide Vendor
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 18, 2009
    Sacramento, CA
    www.cstactical.com
    11/17/22: One available ZC840 MPCT1 coming in today! Grab one soon and it could ship today

Through the scope pictures here: https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...-to-ship-to-cs-tactical.7105718/post-10565936

More information to be released soon! Here is a dedicated thread to talk about ZCO's fantastic offering :cool:
    Please PM us your information to get in line or ask any other questions :)

Pre-Order here: https://cstactical.com/copy-of-zco-8-40x56-zc840-riflescope/

Pricing will be $4,150.00 to $4,625.00 for the Tremor 5 reticle
    Optional NLE is $150

ZC840.jpg

Last edited:
    I wish I was a gun bunny so I could go to SHOT and check this out early 😭 can't wait to see more info on this bad boy! Especially regarding price 🤑

Edit: they added the price right after I made this comment lol

Last edited:
    Reactions: CSTactical
    28 mils of elevation long range scope. Lol

Really missed the mark on that one.

Negative, it's covered in the podcast:

Negative, it's covered in the podcast:
    Ya, I'm not spending an hour listening to that.

It either needs to be a 2nd focal plane MOA reticle to appeal to the F-Class guys, or it needs to be an ELR 1st focal plane MIL scope with a lot of elevation. This is like some kind of hybrid that I honestly don't know who it is going to appeal to.

With a 36mm Main tube, the only reason I can see them not giving it 35+ mils of elevation is because they needed to keep the reticle optically centered because once it moves too far to either edge, the clarity and eye box go to shit.

I'd love to hear from ZCO why it only has 28mils and who this scope is designed for.

If you have the kind of money to play at ELR distances, you have the kind of money to afford a TARAC.
    28 mils get you to 2000 yards with a 6.5/7mm
    ATACR 7-35 also only gets you 29mils.
    I have a Tarac but that's not the point. An ELR scope is not an ELR scope unless it has ELR features.

If you knew what you were talking about with regard to the ATACR, you would know that the 7-35 has 37.5 mils regardless of what the website says.

If you have the kind of money to play at ELR distances, you have the kind of money to afford a TARAC.
    28 mils get you to 2000 yards with a 6.5/7mm
    ATACR 7-35 also only gets you 29mils.

28 mils gets me to about 2300yds with the 300PRC....and I hold over out to 2500....but we can just slap a TARAC or a NF Prism on the end and carry on. It's no big deal. I'd prefer only 28mils of total...and perfect clarity at the edges...than some suboptimal erector. I think everyone needs to go back and listen to the podcast....or....more than likely...the fan boys of other optics need to stay in their lane.

It either needs to be a 2nd focal plane MOA reticle to appeal to the F-Class guys, or it needs to be an ELR 1st focal plane MIL scope with a lot of elevation. This is like some kind of hybrid that I honestly don't know who it is going to appeal to.

With a 36mm Main tube, the only reason I can see them not giving it 35+ mils of elevation is because they needed to keep the reticle optically centered because once it moves too far to either edge, the clarity and eye box go to shit.

I'd love to hear from ZCO why it only has 28mils and who this scope is designed for.
    If you listen to the podcast, you hear it from the horse's mouth.

It’d say it obviously competes with the ATACR 7-35 and the S&B HP 5-45, March 5-42, etc

Sounds like you’d be better served by a March Genesis if you want max elevation.

Any chance they'll be doing their own, thin, long range reticle for this beast? Love the scope but T5 looks way busy, and the other rets are very thick. If I have to pay for someone else's, Koshkin's TR1 or an MSR2, but surely ZCO can make one.

Any chance they'll be doing their own, thin, long range reticle for this beast? Love the scope but T5 looks way busy, and the other rets are very thick. If I have to pay for someone else's, Koshkin's TR1 or an MSR2, but surely ZCO can make one.

I am unsure if they are going to offer any thinner reticles in the near future, it's not a request I see often.

Yep, few new things for 2022 with the 8-40 being the top interest item I expect. Dealers will all have pertinent information very soon. More details and stuff at SHOT. Please come visit us at booth 71046 in the new Caesar's Forum.

Where was the msr2? I thought we had a deal man 🤣???!!!

Weren't we all just talking about the possibility of this scope. I can't say I am surprised to see it exist. Interesting that they added an MOA option and a Horus one. I wonder if MOA options will generally be introduced to the line this year or if this is maybe to see if this new, higher power optic appeals to the f-class.

As for the 28 mils on elevation, that is just about what I would expect for scaling up the magnification given the existing ZCO designs. As mentioned in the EDC podcast, ZCO initially went with a larger 36mm tube on their 5-27 power in order to both get the 35mils elevation they desired and still have the size erector lenses they also desired for the excellent optical performance they were looking to get. In an internally adjusted scope, there isn't really a work around for this three pronged dilemma. Going with higher magnification in a design decreases your elevation, going with a smaller erector lens system increases your elevation but decreases your optical performance, going with a bigger tube gives you more room but has it's limitations as being off center on the lens system still degrades optical performance. This ZC840 appears in line with other high magnification internally adjusted scopes in elevation to me based on the manufacturers published specifications.

I might also add the price is about where I would have expected it to land on this scope. It's a little more than the lower magnification sibling but not the entire price bracket difference that I remember one other maker seemed to think a magnification increase warranted.

I think ZCO will probably do well with the new offering. There does seem to be a good bit of demand in the higher magnification sector. More than I would have guessed a couple of years ago judging by how many of some scopes were sold despite the price.

Weren't we all just talking about the possibility of this scope. I can't say I am surprised to see it exist. Interesting that they added an MOA option and a Horus one. I wonder if MOA options will generally be introduced to the line this year or if this is maybe to see if this new, higher power optic appeals to the f-class.

As for the 28 mils on elevation, that is just about what I would expect for scaling up the magnification given the existing ZCO designs. As mentioned in the EDC podcast, ZCO initially went with a larger 36mm tube on their 5-27 power in order to both get the 35mils elevation they desired and still have the size erector lenses they also desired for the excellent optical performance they were looking to get. In an internally adjusted scope, there isn't really a work around for this three pronged dilemma. Going with higher magnification in a design decreases your elevation, going with a smaller erector lens system increases your elevation but decreases your optical performance, going with a bigger tube gives you more room but has it's limitations as being off center on the lens system still degrades optical performance. This ZC840 appears in line with other high magnification internally adjusted scopes in elevation to me based on the manufacturers published specifications.

I might also add the price is about where I would have expected it to land on this scope. It's a little more than the lower magnification sibling but not the entire price bracket difference that I remember one other maker seemed to think a magnification increase warranted.

I think ZCO will probably do well with the new offering. There does seem to be a good bit of demand in the higher magnification sector. More than I would have guessed a couple of years ago judging by how many of some scopes were sold despite the price.

Thank you for that summary! @BigJimFish

Reactions: gebhardt02
    All of CST will be there except me 😢 - Richard
    Your looking at this wrong, you get to stay home and sit in a comfy chair rather than standing in a booth all day long and eating crappy convention food. Also, you won't be getting sick the whatever version of the Black Plague will be going around at the show...

I'm glad I've held off on my 3rd ZCO this long! The price compared to the new current norm for the 5-27 is pretty competitive to me, at least relatively speaking. A few things I am curious about:
    1. Is there an increase in FOV with the 8-40 over the 5-27 at equivalent powers?
    2. Will the reticle thickness be thinner than the 5-27 at equivalent power?
    3. Really curious if there will be a slight optical advantage when comparing the 8-40 and 5-27 at typical powers (say 12-20) since that seems to have been noted with other scopes that have 5-25 and 7-35 or similar versions.
    ETA: I just noticed the 15m parallax. Super cool! That nice treat for rimfire, especially if DOF is as awesome at typical of ZCO

I'm glad I've held off on my 3rd ZCO this long! The price compared to the new current norm for the 5-27 is pretty competitive to me, at least relatively speaking. A few things I am curious about:
    1. Is there an increase in FOV with the 8-40 over the 5-27 at equivalent powers?
    2. Will the reticle thickness be thinner than the 5-27 at equivalent power?
    3. Really curious if there will be a slight optical advantage when comparing the 8-40 and 5-27 at typical powers (say 12-20) since that seems to have been noted with other scopes that have 5-25 and 7-35 or similar versions.
    ETA: I just noticed the 15m parallax. Super cool! That nice treat for rimfire, especially if DOF is as awesome at typical of ZCO
    Following