• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“New” American Civil War Movie

agree
funny as I remind people that a true democracy is no different than tyranny as the rights of the minority are always supressed

they act like, 'mind blown' and it's why we're a republic. they seem to cave in on themselves
Yes, democracy is mob rule.

That is why we have a republic and we have an electoral college. And the House of Reps and the Senate.

Saw it last night.

Kirsten Dunst looked like a forgotten catchers mitt.

Story was about war reporters, the civil war was purposely ambiguous in detail and cause.

Some haggard violence, nothing surprising.

4/10, would not suggest paying to see it, stream it if you’ve got nothing better going on.

Buy more ammo.

I spent 3 hours shooting three different precision rifles today. I am also trying to read 1 book every 2-4 days. Seeing a cruddy movie with a worn out female lead who should be a grandmother tending to her grandkids, isn't my idea of great time.

I don't want to spend 90 minutes at a movie that I won't ever get back.

In the last month I've done 12 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.

There is *always* something better going on.

I have knocked out at least 15 books so far this year and I have a stack of 60 more that I want to get through before the election arrives. Although it might merit mention that the books are all sniper memoirs, sniper manuals, war memoirs, and the like. I just recently finished With the Old Breed by Sledge and then had to pick up and blaze through China Marine [also by Sledge]. I've read the first four of the Death From Afar series and I am well on my way with the fifth volume.

Hell, a 10 mile hike through the woods with a plate carrier and basic pack is better than a garbage movie.

Kirsten Dunst looked like a forgotten catchers mitt.

They sure don't age well, do they? I keep hearing young women without the sense to seek shelter during a tornado claiming, "the future is female." If so, then God help us all and God have mercy on our souls.

I spent 3 hours shooting three different precision rifles today. I am also trying to read 1 book every 2-4 days. Seeing a cruddy movie with a worn out female lead who should be a grandmother tending to her grandkids, isn't my idea of great time.

I don't want to spend 90 minutes at a movie that I won't ever get back.

In the last month I've done 12 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu classes.

There is *always* something better going on.

I have knocked out at least 15 books so far this year and I have a stack of 60 more that I want to get through before the election arrives. Although it might merit mention that the books are all sniper memoirs, sniper manuals, war memoirs, and the like. I just recently finished With the Old Breed by Sledge and then had to pick up and blaze through China Marine [also by Sledge]. I've read the first four of the Death From Afar series and I am well on my way with the fifth volume.

Hell, a 10 mile hike through the woods with a plate carrier and basic pack is better than a garbage movie.

Read the book, Fry the Brain.

Your time will not be wasted.

They sure don't age well, do they? I keep hearing young women without the sense to seek shelter during a tornado claiming, "the future is female." If so, then God help us all and God have mercy on our souls.
Here in the midwest, when the 'nader sirens sound, you head outside with the whole family and sip your cup of ranch dressing while lookin' for the 'nader. When the neighbors roof starts to come off, that's when you smack your legs, and say "whelp, I guess we best gets tuh goin' on inside now".

Branden

It's a alpha bet soup agency film...CIA, HOMELAND, State, FBI, etc ...they sometimes write the script for Hollywood, that is a fact.
Been doing it for many years, clear back before the Kennedy assassination.

Just like the news, on line censorship, and all the propaganda...after all 51 top security professionals, from all the intelligent agencies, have sign off on it...so you know that it's all true.
Heard all the proven lies before...

It's a alpha bet soup agency film...CIA, HOMELAND, State, FBI, etc ...they sometimes write the script for Hollywood, that is a fact.
Been doing it for many years, clear back before the Kennedy assassination.

Just like the news, on line censorship, and all the propaganda...after all 51 top security professionals, from all the intelligent agencies, have sign off on it...so you know that it's all true.
Heard all the proven lies before...
This guy gets it.

Reactions: 45-90
agree with most except you could easily tell it was secession due to tyrannical gov't
not bad but they missed a huge opportunity

I'll watch it again and of course the right answer is to buy more ammo
Seen it today kind of slow but made you think. A24 is a small film company who produced it. at least it released unlike The Gray State which got shut down. I think it hit too close to source for some. I agree more ammo and net working

Reactions: 91Eunozs
at least it released unlike The Gray State which got shut down. I think it hit too close to source for some.
Better watch out about producing some pro militia/patriot propaganda goyim or you’ll end up like David Crowley.

Seen it today kind of slow but made you think. A24 is a small film company who produced it. at least it released unlike The Gray State which got shut down. I think it hit too close to source for some. I agree more ammo and net working
gray state? i've not heard of that

Damn! Saw the title and thought it might be an interesting movie regarding the War Between the States (AKA the War of Northern Aggression).

Hell NO! We won’t forget……But I will forgive, since my ancestors on my mother’s side probably fought on the Aggressors side :D.

I felt like they avoided several obvious Hollywood cliche traps and didn't pit scary maga vs the good American citizens. I liked the movie. My wife wants to see it again tomorrow

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I will spoiler a little as it does not sound like you will watch it.........so space a bit for people to not see what I am going to say.

I only made it to the point where the 32's are eating with the 33's, so about 15-20min into the first episode.

You are right, there is a "typical" 1950's cowboy at a birthday party doing rope tricks, I really like this actor but I can't remember his name, he was in justified and I think he did real well with that roll.

At one point the one man at the party says why is SO and SO doing kids birthday parties....leading us to think this cowboy is a big star at the time. To that another replies, why else do you think Divorce. At this point the dad asks the cowboy to do his trade mark thumbs up and the cowboy refuses.

I am getting to woke I promice.

A little later on his daughter comes up and asks him why he would not do it. His daughter is multi racial.

Now we all know it did happen. Sammy Davis Jr. had a white wife and at the time there are places in the country he could not go without getting arrested, we know it happened, but it was not common. And it was even more uncommon at the time for a white man to marry a black woman.
I gave it a slide, saw it for what it was and went on.

When the bombs start falling the birthday family runs to the bomb shelter. (I THINK) a black man at the party comes up and tries to get into the shelter as well, the owner of the shelter punches him in the face and closes the door and locks it.

I have a feeling the color of the man getting punched was chosen for a specific reason. It really is a shame that these thought pop into my mind now, but I think it is accurate.

I am not far in yet, but if you like that universe I would so far say give it a go.

Don't not watch something for what you THINK it might be. If you already have prime it does not cost you one thin dime to take a look. If you don't like don't watch that simple.

If you don't look at it yourself and form your own views then just go on to say whatever other say, I see that as the worst possible thing, no worse then the extremes on the other side.

My position has always been, I will read the book/article, watch the movie or video and make my own decision. I do freely admit I do less and less of this as it costs money to do this, and until it becomes free somewhere I will not look at that "new civil war movie". But the second it becomes free I will give it a look and again make my own decision.

Just my views.
I finished Fallout today and overall I'd say it is worth watching. I will say the first episode largely sucked, I stopped watching about halfway through it for a few days before circling back to it. I do think there is a "side" the creators are on, but it likely isn't the one most will think it is.

I finished Fallout today and overall I'd say it is worth watching. I will say the first episode largely sucked, I stopped watching about halfway through it for a few days before circling back to it. I do think there is a "side" the creators are on, but it likely isn't the one most will think it is.
I had to do the same thing. I knew those people would attack them. Just the way they ate was a read alert, and why did you not check them for radiation at the start. You have small arms, those people should have been on overwatch. Oh well I will mark it up to living in a vault for generations would really lower your alert status.

They just got the goul out of the grave, that is as far as I am. So far I am ok with everything. Wonder if we should do a fallout specific thread.

Reactions: LawTalker