• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“New” American Civil War Movie

I won't watch a Fallout series on Amazon because Amazon is going to make it woke and fail to capture the silly 1950s nostalgia of how the 1950s era crowd thought the future would be.

Fallout is meant to be grim but also funny as well as politically incorrect via satire. Amazon won't be able to get this. The Left cannot do satire because the Left has become an obscene parody of itself and is eating itself.

I will spoiler a little as it does not sound like you will watch it.........so space a bit for people to not see what I am going to say.

I only made it to the point where the 32's are eating with the 33's, so about 15-20min into the first episode.

You are right, there is a "typical" 1950's cowboy at a birthday party doing rope tricks, I really like this actor but I can't remember his name, he was in justified and I think he did real well with that roll.

At one point the one man at the party says why is SO and SO doing kids birthday parties....leading us to think this cowboy is a big star at the time. To that another replies, why else do you think Divorce. At this point the dad asks the cowboy to do his trade mark thumbs up and the cowboy refuses.

I am getting to woke I promice.

A little later on his daughter comes up and asks him why he would not do it. His daughter is multi racial.

Now we all know it did happen. Sammy Davis Jr. had a white wife and at the time there are places in the country he could not go without getting arrested, we know it happened, but it was not common. And it was even more uncommon at the time for a white man to marry a black woman.
I gave it a slide, saw it for what it was and went on.

When the bombs start falling the birthday family runs to the bomb shelter. (I THINK) a black man at the party comes up and tries to get into the shelter as well, the owner of the shelter punches him in the face and closes the door and locks it.

I have a feeling the color of the man getting punched was chosen for a specific reason. It really is a shame that these thought pop into my mind now, but I think it is accurate.

I am not far in yet, but if you like that universe I would so far say give it a go.

Don't not watch something for what you THINK it might be. If you already have prime it does not cost you one thin dime to take a look. If you don't like don't watch that simple.

If you don't look at it yourself and form your own views then just go on to say whatever other say, I see that as the worst possible thing, no worse then the extremes on the other side.

My position has always been, I will read the book/article, watch the movie or video and make my own decision. I do freely admit I do less and less of this as it costs money to do this, and until it becomes free somewhere I will not look at that "new civil war movie". But the second it becomes free I will give it a look and again make my own decision.

Just my views.

Look at Yugoslavia for your model. Much closer in many ways.

But Northern island, Beirut, etc. all good models. the Balkans, though… was advanced, westernized, industrialized and thriving under Tito (iron grip). When central control slipped, it came off the rails in weeks.

Oh and … no one is coming to save us. We are on our own.

Sirhr

You are more correct then you know. What really drove the issues in Yugoslavia was the "racial" differences. These differences have existed in those cultures for a millennium. Only that "iron grip" kept things somewhat calm. The second the central control was gone all those old hates came to the surface in some not so pretty ways.

Now if you look at the current state of the US. Do you see any kind of divide trying to be pushed by the .gov? Do you see many divides? As many little groups made as possible. You know the answer to that.

Having all these little groups will make it much more easy for the "new" central control to deal with them one on one, and they will slowly fall to the larger force. Things might get busted up Yugo style, but if that was to happen I see a big push to put it all back together again.

AND if you think the rest of the world will sit this out for us to figure out ourselves you are on crack. We are very rich in national resources, and the world knows it. We don't use them, but we have them.

Reposting my entry from the shooting war thread:

—-

Just back from the movie. Surprisingly good!

Felt a weird vibe from it, more to the point, an unease…and still can’t quite place why it bothered me so much. Maybe because it felt more plausible than I expected, or maybe just seeing US landmarks as a backdrop to the strife. Felt like a lot of what I saw in Iraq, but I could read the street signs, LoL.

I guess the best description I can come up with right now is that it felt like a weird mashup between The Watchmen and Platoon, with a little bit of Mad Max sprinkled in. Worth a watch for sure.

—-

Felt a weird vibe from it, more to the point, an unease…and still can’t quite place why it bothered me so much. Maybe because it felt more plausible than I expected, or maybe just seeing US landmarks as a backdrop to the strife. Felt like a lot of what I saw in Iraq, but I could read the street signs, LoL.

I guess the best description I can come up with right now is that it felt like a weird mashup between The Watchmen and Platoon, with a little bit of Mad Max sprinkled in. Worth a watch for sure.
I’ll wait for the dVD. I do t want to go on a list for attending ;-)

Thanks for the review!

Saving us? correct!
Wanting to collect or knife us, that list is long. I don't worry about the guy down the street or next county over, its the ones that will arrive from far away that peak my interest, an reason for keeping current in many things.

Nobody is coming to help us and anybody who does show up isn't going to be here to help.

Nobody is coming to help us and anybody who does show up isn't going to be here to help.
Much like the US showing up far away with Advisors & Assistance, just to open the door for down the road. Would China, Russia, N/Korea,Iran, or the Paks assist and arm an insurrection, bet your ass they would. Its in their interest to allow us to kill our selves before they come calling. This is a classic plan all nations use.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
I’ll wait for the dVD. I do t want to go on a list for attending ;-)

Thanks for the review!
Worth a watch…pay cash for tickets if you must. We’re already all on one list or another anyway, LoL.

Someone mentioned ethics above, and after sleeping on it, realize this movie is definitely more of a essay on situational ethics…and not only from a journalist’s perspective.

This isn’t really a war movie per-se, but the horrors of war are most definitely put on full display. My wife was actually very upset by the graphic nature of the violence and brutality. The depiction of handling prisoners was pretty damn well done.

—-

I was hoping somebody here would actually watch it before telling us all about their opinion about it.

Thanks.

Where are the geographic distinctions or borders set between "pop", "soda", and "pepsi"?

And how does that relate to "grape drank"?
I'm not sure but I think pop is used in the midwest. Some people say Coke. I don't care to learn much about my enemies. There's no point.

I watched the movie and was left feeling like it was another glorification film of self intitled self righteous journalists. A recruitment film for more war reporters to selflessly throw away their lives documenting the deep state destruction for their masters.

I watched the movie and was left feeling like it was another glorification film of self intitled self righteous journalists. A recruitment film for more war reporters to selflessly throw away their lives documenting the deep state destruction for their masters.
So from your view a waste of your money and time and not entertaining?

Coming just at a time when entire ranks of journalists are being laid off due to MSM losing trust and subscribers, and their plight being laughed at all over social media. Very convenient.

I will say again: "LEARN TO WELD".

The whole movie was about the war reporters and glorifying them. That is the main focus of the story line. I wouldn’t pay to see it in a theater. The rest of the movie is very unrealistic and a disappointment.
Thanks. It is good to get reviews from folks who have actually seen it.

So far, 1 good and 1 bad review

Reactions: clcustom1911
I'm not sure but I think pop is used in the midwest. Some people say Coke. I don't care to learn much about my enemies. There's no point.
rootbeer.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: IronSkillet
Look at Yugoslavia for your model. Much closer in many ways.

But Northern island, Beirut, etc. all good models. the Balkans, though… was advanced, westernized, industrialized and thriving under Tito (iron grip). When central control slipped, it came off the rails in weeks.

Oh and … no one is coming to save us. We are on our own.

Sirhr

You are more correct then you know. What really drove the issues in Yugoslavia was the "racial" differences. These differences have existed in those cultures for a millennium. Only that "iron grip" kept things somewhat calm. The second the central control was gone all those old hates came to the surface in some not so pretty ways.

Now if you look at the current state of the US. Do you see any kind of divide trying to be pushed by the .gov? Do you see many divides? As many little groups made as possible. You know the answer to that.

Having all these little groups will make it much more easy for the "new" central control to deal with them one on one, and they will slowly fall to the larger force. Things might get busted up Yugo style, but if that was to happen I see a big push to put it all back together again.

AND if you think the rest of the world will sit this out for us to figure out ourselves you are on crack. We are very rich in national resources, and the world knows it. We don't use them, but we have them.

I knew an older gentleman once upon a time who spent a good deal of his life doing "things" in the balkans at a very interesting level. He was truly experienced and intelligent, which is a rare combination.

I asked him one day where he thought the US was headed. He answered and his thoughts directly paralleled mine. He just said, "The Balkans. You can already see it happening."

If anyone in the world would know, it would be him. And that statement is not an exaggeration.

Coming just at a time when entire ranks of journalists are being laid off due to MSM losing trust and subscribers, and their plight being laughed at all over social media. Very convenient.

I will say again: "LEARN TO WELD".
Forget welding. I have shovels they can use. And a sharpie so that I can put their name on it and personalize. The work we do is in people's backyards and so we dig by hand, 18 inches deep, all day. Put in 600 feet of pipe, on average.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
Simply proves that in the bear pit guys will argue and fight over just about anything.
Makes me think of the scene from "The Wild Ones." Marlon Brando leads a motorcycle club and they are terrorizing a church and the reverend says, "What are you rebelling against?"

Marlon shrugs and asks, "What do ya got?"

• Haha
Reactions: IronSkillet
When I was in school in upstate NY, we had a distinct "Pop/Soda" culture. One of my best friends was from "Pop" land. Best we could tell that the "Pop" line went from Ft. Drum through Utica and down in to Wilkes-Barre. From there... no idea. But West of that line... Pop. East was Soda. New England was all Soda.

Later, in North Carolina, I learned that everything was "Coke." You could have Orange Coke. Root Beer Coke. Ginger ale Coke.

When I lived in Texas everything was called Dr. Pepper because that's all they drank. And Jarritos.

But it seems to have changed in 40 years. Here's a map.

1712963573841.png

Cheers,

Sirhr

• Haha
Reactions: doubloon
The battle lines have been drawn. What kind of caffeinated American are you?

Also I just realized this map is similar to the movie map.

Black Coffee and beer....

And Jarritos. Damn I love their lime stuff! I don't care that it is made out of re-processed styrofoam and nuclear waste!

Wonder who's side that puts me on?

Sirhr

There are these new things called a ditch witch

View attachment 8395192
Yeah, no. Hit a gas line and it is an introductory fine of $1250. Next one is 12k. The guy in the pic is just digging a line in front of a house, not what we are doing. We don't have the room.

I have used a ditch witch in commercial in a brand new field in the middle of what would become a school parking lot. Yeah, that's fine. And I have used a backhoe to dig trenches for 4 runs of 4" PVC for data and phone from the MDF room to the ATT can.

Sorry, in our particular field of work, we do not have room for ditch witch or a means to carry one around. So, it must be dug by hand. And I have had a few gringos come in and they get to the first real day of digging 150' on a project at 18 inches deep and they disappear the next day. Sometimes, disappear that day. I call the crew leader to find out when they will get to the next job and the answer is they will not make it today. Because some little vagina didn't like digging.

Yeah, no. Hit a gas line and it is an introductory fine of $1250. Next one is 12k. The guy in the pic is just digging a line in front of a house, not what we are doing. We don't have the room.

I have used a ditch witch in commercial in a brand new field in the middle of what would become a school parking lot. Yeah, that's fine. And I have used a backhoe to dig trenches for 4 runs of 4" PVC for data and phone from the MDF room to the ATT can.

Sorry, in our particular field of work, we do not have room for ditch witch or a means to carry one around. So, it must be dug by hand. And I have had a few gringos come in and they get to the first real day of digging 150' on a project at 18 inches deep and they disappear the next day. Sometimes, disappear that day. I call the crew leader to find out when they will get to the next job and the answer is they will not make it today. Because some little vagina didn't like digging.
fb022167-e3f3-4ab5-885f-7ef000ace543_text.gif

Same thing happens to 90% of my new welders. It’ll be 125*-130* in the shop, and their Big Gulp they showed up with doesn’t help them. They go to lunch and never return.

Truth…

The only white guy I know who can out dig the Mexican dudes is our irrigation guy. He’s fucking awesome…not cheap, but a genius at what he does, and fast as hell too.

Love this guy…in a purely professional way of course.

IMG_3674.jpeg

Saw it last night.

Kirsten Dunst looked like a forgotten catchers mitt.

Story was about war reporters, the civil war was purposely ambiguous in detail and cause.

Some haggard violence, nothing surprising.

4/10, would not suggest paying to see it, stream it if you’ve got nothing better going on.

Buy more ammo.
agree with most except you could easily tell it was secession due to tyrannical gov't
not bad but they missed a huge opportunity

I'll watch it again and of course the right answer is to buy more ammo

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum
Imagine still paying to watch another repulsive pedowood globohomo propaganda piece made by subhumans that hate you with every single fiber in their body....
Boomers, when will you ever learn ?

Imagine still paying to watch another repulsive pedowood globohomo propaganda piece made by subhumans that hate you with every single fiber in their body....
agree, it's why I don't go but this one isn't that

Reactions: Malum Prohibitum

I heard the audience was predominately younger and male so can't blame boomers for this one. They are the reason that NFL shitbaggery keeps going and going though.

The only reason that I post this drivel here is that it's important to know what the leftists are thinking. With that said, they don't say much of anything. It's almost like gibberish from King Poopy Pants and a word salad from Kameltoe.

Nevertheless, when they talk about the polarization and that both sides need to come together to prevent a civil war, the implication is that conservatives, Christians, gun owners, people who believe in the Constitution and the Republic are the ones that are unreasonable. A few times I heard the word "democracy" come out of their lips.

That word, "democracy," is no accident. It's been bandied about for the last century to condition people to think that anyone who, for example, believes in the electoral college is someone that wants to disenfranchise voters.

The only reason that I post this drivel here is that it's important to know what the leftists are thinking. With that said, they don't say much of anything. It's almost like gibberish from King Poopy Pants and a word salad from Kameltoe.

Nevertheless, when they talk about the polarization and that both sides need to come together to prevent a civil war, the implication is that conservatives, Christians, gun owners, people who believe in the Constitution and the Republic are the ones that are unreasonable. A few times I heard the word "democracy" come out of their lips.

That word, "democracy," is no accident. It's been bandied about for the last century to condition people to think that anyone who, for example, believes in the electoral college is someone that wants to disenfranchise voters.

agree
funny as I remind people that a true democracy is no different than tyranny as the rights of the minority are always supressed

they act like, 'mind blown' and it's why we're a republic. they seem to cave in on themselves