• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 Mile - Sub MOA - 4 hits under 1 min 30 sec

Waco

Private
Minuteman
Jul 18, 2013
western Oregon
This was filmed Summer 2018. This was my brother shooting his Savage 112 Target .338 Lapua Magnum at 1761 yards. Hand loads were lapua brass with Federal 215 primers and Hornady 285gr ELD-M bullets with Retumbo powder doing 2700 fps. 4 consecutive Sub MOA hits in under 1 minute and 30 seconds.

How big is the target? I am guessing 40x40? Nice day; no wind.

We had a 1 mile challenge after the Big Dog steel PRS 2-day match in April. 5 rounds at a Sasquatch shaped target.

My buddy ended up winning with his 6.5 PRC by sending first round, watching splash and then sending 4 rounds in less than 7 seconds immediately afterwards. 4 hits out of 5.

Seems like the trick is simply get on target or know the correction, and send rounds as fast as humanly possible to stay in the same wind.

We had a 1 mile challenge after the Big Dog steel PRS 2-day match in April. 5 rounds at a Sasquatch shaped target.

My buddy ended up winning with his 6.5 PRC by sending first round, watching splash and then sending 4 rounds in less than 7 seconds immediately afterwards. 4 hits out of 5.

Seems like the trick is simply get on target or know the correction, and send rounds as fast as humanly possible to stay in the same wind.
That’s how we do it in long range br

Absolutely.

Another Savage. That is very very very interesting.

Reactions: lash
Great video and shooting !

Very interesting to see the time of flight difference between the recoil impulse and the bullet impact.

Thank You very much for sharing.

BTW, do you ever go Sage Rat shooting out there ?

This was filmed Summer 2018. This was my brother shooting his Savage 112 Target .338 Lapua Magnum at 1761 yards. Hand loads were lapua brass with Federal 215 primers and Hornady 285gr ELD-M bullets with Retumbo powder doing 2700 fps. 4 consecutive Sub MOA hits in under 1 minute and 30 seconds.

With that ramp you a laying on...does that help your head position vs flat prone? I've pretty much pulled the plug on prone alreay spent a fortune trying to get 2 diff sets of glasses with lenses high enough. My Rx is so dang thick I have to look through nearly dead center to get 20x20...looks like you are maybe in a position that might work for me a bit better. Amazing shooting that was a blast to watch just sent to my dad he is howling