• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

11th 2011 WA prec. LR match sign up link (FULL)

Jim the Plumber

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
<span style="font-weight: bold">Sign up sheet is now in the link below. Print off and send to the address listed. Make checks payable to North Central WA Gun Club </span>
It will be a team event again. We will start shooting late afternoon on Saturday 3-26-11 and shoot the night stages that night. We will then move onto the precision long range shooting Sunday am 3-27-11. First prize to the top team $1000.00, second team gets $500.00, third team gets $200.00 ( these are per team, NOT per team member!!) Entry fee will be $75.00 per team member.
I will have sign up sheets to down load asap. We will be limiting this to 20 teams and expect to fill up fast.
More details to follow. <span style="font-weight: bold">Match is full, please call if you want to get on the stand by list </span>
Thanks
Jim
509-884-1000
Here's a link to our "under construction" web page. Will have sign up forms available by weeks end.

http://www.ncwgunclub.com/main/findlay-cup.php

33f7yw9.jpg

Re: 11th annual 2011 WA precision LR match

Just wanted to mention that this will be more like a "Team Tactical Match" since it will involve teams utilizing precision rifle, carbine and pistol. Lots of fun to be had and there will be a great prize table folks!

And JTP's number is 509-884-1000

Is there a website or any pics and info on past matches? Now if I just had a team mate. Everyone tells me that there is no I in team but there is in dick so I usually shoot by myself

We'll have a website up for the match soon. We just wanted to get something out so people can plan. Will update this thread when there's more information available.

Wow I had no idea there was a comp this close! I might go just to watch seeing as I don't have a team, unless a team needs the weak link role filled.

Daps,

There are a few comps a year in the area

JTP's match
Kettle Falls Match
Oregon Sniper Challenge
SHWW Matches

Wish there were more.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 7mmAM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Daps,

There are a few comps a year in the area

JTP's match
Kettle Falls Match
Oregon Sniper Challenge
SHWW Matches

Wish there were more. </div></div>

I'll look into them. Since you're from my neck of the woods are there any long distance ranges nearby? Upper nisqually in Eatonville is the only one I could find beyond 500.

Daps,

We try to coordinate as many area shoots/matches as possible at the SHWW Group.... just hit the link in my sig...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Daps!</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll look into them. Since you're from my neck of the woods are there any long distance ranges nearby? Upper nisqually in Eatonville is the only one I could find beyond 500. </div></div>

Paul Bunyan (about 30 min away from UNSC) and Tacoma Rifle & Revolver both have 600yd lines, as does NCWGC (East Wenatchee). For true 1k KD (not just laying in a cow pasture or on a forest road across a canyon), there's only one option in WA - Rattlesnake out by Tri-Cities. For you guys on the coast, it might almost be quicker/easier to go down to Portland (Douglas Ridge).

I should have a brochure put together within a week, if you PM me with an e-mail i will send you a PDF file.

Pat

So does one team member have a carbine and one has a precision rifle and both have pistols?

Hi Rob, we're still working out the pistol as this is a new stage for this match. Yes on the one rifle, one carbine.
I'll have a sign up sheet, round count, basic over view of what to expect etc. up in a few days.
Jim

264win and i will be there. do both shooters need a pistol or just one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJohnson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who do we get into contact with for the F class shoot at 0900 on 3/26 before the Findlay cup begins?

Mike </div></div>
memilunuk, he posted above^^

My self and a buddy are very interested, can't wait to know more especially what is considered a carbine?

Does an 18" AR-15 SPR type rifle count as a carbine? I've got a lot of rounds through the AR platform, have engaged out to 750yds successfully and even made a few hits at 950yds. Stuff inside 350yds is easy peasy. In your other thread it sounded like 500yds was max engagement for the carbine. Anyone in need of a carbine carrying teammate? I'm an MOA guy too... I'm willing to get together for practice and such.

If some of the COF are super close engagement, I've got a decent amount of experience with that. Here's a little video.

Re: 11th 2011 WA prec. LR match sign up link (FULL)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jim the Plumber</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
33f7yw9.jpg
</div></div>
You guys are so lucky to have the opportunity to do this!

Even in the best of times during the Reagan/Bush (Father) years, to be able to have a peace time live-fire opportunity from a helicopter <span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic"> was reserved for the Spec Ops guys only.</span></span>

To be able to do this as a civilian just amazes me! Make the most of this, it is a fantastic opportunity!

Jim did you get my wait list entry?
Travis

What are the rules for spectators? I'm a former member of the gun club and grew up in Wenatchee with my family. There's some immediate family of mine that wants to come watch the competition. How about the private property? Thanks

Mike

Sounds great! And are both shooters going to have opportunity for the helicopter stage or is it just the carbine guy?

2011 Findlay Cup

Match dates 3-26-11 and 3-27-11

Sign-in will be from 1300-1400 on 3-26-11 at North Central Wa gun club.

Safety meeting will be 1400.
· You MUST attend the safety meeting in order to shoot. NO exceptions.
· If you are 5 minutes late to the safety meeting YOU WILL NOT SHOOT in the match.

Match will start at 1400. This match will run rain or shine - it's an outdoor sport.

When we started this match we did not know we would have a helicopter available for a shooting stage in the match. At the time this is being written we do have a helicopter stage. This will add a cost of $60.00 per team. This includes the fees for the helicopter and the 60 rounds of ammo per team we will supply for this stage. We will also supply the rifle for same. Please be aware that there are several things that can cancel the stage before the day of the match. If such is the case you will not be charged for it. On the other hand, if we do have the helicopter stage (and we plan to), you will be required to pay the $60 at sign in. If we have the helicopter stage, it is not optional - if you cannot run this stage let us know ASAP so we can refund your fees and get someone moved up from the waiting list to take your place.

You will need approximately 100rounds of rifle ammo and 120 rounds of carbine ammo. You will also need 50 rounds of pistol ammo. Bring more if you can - better to have and not need... that sort of thing.
NO full metal jacket or bi metal bullets in your rifle ammo.

Max cartridge is 300 Winchester magnum.

We will provide dinner Saturday evening. After dinner there will be a night stage. We will provide the artificial light as needed.

The Sunday portion of the match will be held 65 miles east of Wenatchee in the middle of nowhere (literally). The nearest town is 15 miles away. Bring everything you think you will need. There may be a mobile canteen (i.e. roach coach) on site for around lunch time, but it would be wise to bring some food/water of your own just in case.
There will not be any spectators allowed on the ranch on Sunday.
Match participants and match personnel only.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Thanks
Jim
509-884-1000

Just a reminder, if you are at all interested in shooting the F-Class match on Saturday before the Findlay Cup, please send me a PM this week so I have an idea of how many to expect. Entry fee is $20 if you contact me in advance, otherwise $30 @ signup.

COF for the F-Class portion will be 2 convertible sighters + 15 for record @ 300, again @ 500, and again @ 600, shot pair-fire (which means you most likely can be teamed up with your partner). Bring 51 rounds (minimum) and a chamber flag if you have one.

This is one of the few F-Class matches in the area that allows braked guns to shoot along in their own category, so if you've wanted to try it out and haven't been able to because of the rules... here's your chance.

man i am super excited for this match, jim you never dissapoint.

Send It!!!

!! bring your rain gear - looks like the weekend may be wet 30-40% chance

Day one was a success!! Rained all day but lots of powder got burnt with some fun challenging stages! Great dinner n a solid job by the people putting it on... Tomorrow is gonna be a lot of fun with the helo shoot and other stages! Planning on being wet again but u hardly notice it when ur having fun.... ;-) off to bed now its gonna be an early morning!

Mike

Thank you Jim, all of the volunteers and sponsors for putting on a great match. It was a lot of fun and a really nice atmosphere. Thanks for putting up with two newbies that don't know what they are doing.