• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

14.5" 300 Blkout bbl with permanent YHM QD pinned on

krw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2004
Arkansas
I am expecting my YHM Phantom suppressor in soon. I would like to have built a 300 Blkout upper. I want to buy a 14.5" bbl and have a YHM QD adapter "pinned" on to make it the legal 16" length. Where can I send a bbl and adapter to have this done? Thanks! krw

I can weld, but thats just a little crude for my taste, rather have it permantly pinned on.

The pin is welded over thus making it permanent. Only other option is soldered on.

I do this all the time. If you want to throw it in the mail I'll hook you up. Shoot me a PM and I'll get you an address.

If you can weld and have access to a drill press, you can do it yourself. Drill through the FH, then screw it onto the barrel. Deepen the hole about half the barrel wall thickness, just make sure not to break through into the bore. Make a pin out of the shank of the drill bit, drop in place, and mig or tig over it. Not too hard to do, but if you prefer to send it off, ADCO does this on a daily basis.

If you don't have the barrel yet I beleive rainier will do it and they have barrels in stock most of the time.