• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

140 gr hornady match hpbt any good?

precision308

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2013
Indiana
i see that this is a relatively new round from Hornady. Has anyone used it and what have been your results. I am referring to the .264.

Very good bullet. The new AMP jackets and the process in which they are made is very precise and also leave the tips more uniform. Try them.

They shoot pretty well from my 260s, and as mentioned the tips appear to be pointed.

Based on some earlier reports on the Hide by folks, I used the Litz BC of a 139gr Scenar (0.557 G1/0.285 G7) and it provided a first-round hit @ 900yd on a 10" plate.

Best for me, they're available locally and $5/box cheaper than the 140 A-Max.

These bullets consistently out performed Sierra's best in my 260, that's with four different powders, three types of brass, and two different altitudes. I thought some of the groups may have been luck, but confirmed them both in Colorado and California. Best part, they are already pointed and aren't very sensitive to depth whether seated into the lands or jumped.